KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ajh2298']Just got back from the midnight launch at the Robinson, PA Super K-Mart and it was a total clusterfuck. They told me they got no Hardened editions at all for either system. ...[/QUOTE]

Similar situation in VA. I called ahead twice to ensure things ran smoothly, but there seemed to be one single older employee who was either bitter he had to work the promotion, or was just angry in general. There were about 10 people patiently waiting in the electronics section still at 12:30AM, as this employee demanded ID from someone clearly in their 30's, late 20's easily. A manager was called, a heated conversation ensued, other employees looked overwhelmed and embarrassed and a bit helpless as the customers just watched and waiting for this situation to be resolved so they could also check out. It seemed the cashier just wanted to hold things up to exercise power - he even argued with the manager (who shouted out "I'll take the damn responsibility!!"), citing ABC laws, which despite similar age restrictions, have no bearing on video games.

The man running the register also went back for each game, instead of having them available - as if there was some other reason everyone was gathering at midnight. The atmosphere overall was not what K-Mart was going for, I don't think. But it seemed like just one guy made it his mission to ruin it, sadly.

He also triumphantly announced zero hardened editions were delivered. "Maybe they'll come tomorrow, I don't really know. Just check back later." Unfortunately the store is an hour away, and I'll be crossing my fingers for a local one tomorrow morning to help me use this last coupon. Hopefully these bad experiences will bring a smile to those who found success.

[quote name='midnightexpress']If someone gets the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection & Skyrim, that'll be $109.98. Would they still get the $50 gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]

No, you would be two cents short.

[quote name='midnightexpress']If someone gets the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection & Skyrim, that'll be $109.98. Would they still get the $50 gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]
Nope, first post clearly shows $110.00+ for the promo

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Just got back from the big Midnight Release here in key west. Arrived at the store around 11:15 and already 5 people ahead of me. BS'd for a while and figured out who was getting what and told them about the coupon deal for $110+. Everything was pretty organized overall. 6 employees working and 1 Ast Store Mgr on duty. They had regular copies of the game at two regular registers and the Hardened copies at Customer Service. As expected they had 4 for ps3 and 5 for xbox. Good thing I switched to x box with GOW 3 because the ps3 ones were gobbled up in the first 4 people. Everyone was 100% friendly and courteous, and made for a great KMart experience. Was able to score a Hardened edition & regular copy for a deployed buddy. Used my UC3 coupons and dew coupons and no issues with the $15 & $35 ones printing out for going over $110. I was the only one to use the SYWR card... some people just didn't believe the deal...oh well. Talked a little with Mgr after purchase and he was so happy to have an event like this at the store and hoped for more in the future. He did say that they didn't find out about midnight release until this past saturday. Also said compared to other places outside of a poster he put on the door, KMart had 0 ads up for the game or release. Maybe I found the issue with KMart and you guys getting these deals and such.

Best part of going for this release was a sweet T-Shirt... still want a Batman one but this one will work for now.

codvx.jpg
[/QUOTE]
damn dude you live in key west? thats cool as hell lol

[quote name='rdlee']Maybe I should have put an LOL at the end of what I wrote because I honestly wasn't being serious.

And the bottom line, for me at least, is that this sort of thing should not happen on release day at K-Mart or any other store. People get PAID to do things right and TEST them out before they go live.

Me, you or no one should have to go through extra effort to get something that they ADVERTISED and didn't bother to double check to make sure it works the first time.

It's simply frustration on my end here. I know I'm making it into a bigger deal than it is so maybe it's time I stopped whining and get some much needed sleep... LOL :)[/QUOTE]

agreed, how many errors have been made like this is a complete joke. The deals are great but you have to hold your breath to make sure the deal will work. Ive never had that feeling at toys r us, target, best buy, etc. The "contact Josh, he will help you out" is an awesome alternative and is greatly appreciated and is awesome customer service. But it should never even have to get to that point.

[quote name='LeapfrogLaggard']Similar situation in VA. I called ahead twice to ensure things ran smoothly, but there seemed to be one single older employee who was either bitter he had to work the promotion, or was just angry in general. There were about 10 people patiently waiting in the electronics section still at 12:30AM, as this employee demanded ID from someone clearly in their 30's, late 20's easily. A manager was called, a heated conversation ensued, other employees looked overwhelmed and embarrassed and a bit helpless as the customers just watched and waiting for this situation to be resolved so they could also check out. It seemed the cashier just wanted to hold things up to exercise power - he even argued with the manager (who shouted out "I'll take the damn responsibility!!"), citing ABC laws, which despite similar age restrictions, have no bearing on video games.

The man running the register also went back for each game, instead of having them available - as if there was some other reason everyone was gathering at midnight. The atmosphere overall was not what K-Mart was going for, I don't think. But it seemed like just one guy made it his mission to ruin it, sadly.

He also triumphantly announced zero hardened editions were delivered. "Maybe they'll come tomorrow, I don't really know. Just check back later." Unfortunately the store is an hour away, and I'll be crossing my fingers for a local one tomorrow morning to help me use this last coupon. Hopefully these bad experiences will bring a smile to those who found success.[/QUOTE]
LOL I was there at that kmart too. I had to shake my head at the whole situation. I was also disappointed in finding out that they had 0 hardened editions. I'll try my luck at another kmart in a few hours.

That's what what I plan to do since i got MW3 at BB with a GC. Just have to figure out the best way to get it over $110...

Just got back from the portage,in midnight release. What a complete unorganized mess. I was number 13 in line when i got there with my gf. By midnight i was somehow 20. People would show up and bs with people and then some how magically blend in line. Suggestion: KMart, next time you do something like please this hand out tickets.....Luckily got the last hardened for 360 and got the $15 coupon. However, since electronics was closed off i was unable to look for a $10+ filler to bump me past 110 to get the $35 coupon. My question is, if i were to go back tomorrow could i find my filler and then do a return and rebuy on my hardened edition? I didnt open it yet but I used my $20 uncharted coupon towards it so thats why idk if/how that would work? Anyone know?

[quote name='41down']Just got back from the portage,in midnight release. What a complete unorganized mess. I was number 13 in line when i got there with my gf. By midnight i was somehow 20. People would show up and bs with people and then some how magically blend in line. Suggestion, next time you do this hand out tickets.....Luckily got the last hardened for 360 and got the $15 coupon. However, since electronics was closed off i was unable to look for a $10+ filler to bump me past 110 to get the $35 coupon. My question is, if i were to go back tomorrow could i find my filler and then do a return and rebuy on my hardened edition? I didnt open it yet but I used my $20 uncharted coupon towards it so thats why idk if/how that would work? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

My guess you would be refunded the amount minus the coupon. But you would be able to do the rebuy with the extra item so you would end up with just $30 in the long run.

Damn that sucks majorly. I was hoping id be refunded the full amount i paid and then like a $20 gc to cover the coupon i used. Then just give them back the unused $15 coupon...i think that would only be fair seeing as though i wasnt given the opportunity to look at other games... Anyway josh could chime in?

That's correct. You will get a refund minus the $20. Something similar happened to me when I bought red dead:undead nightmare. I used a $20 coupon on the game. The $10 coupon didn't print. They said if I got a refund, I wouldn't get the $20.

leaving in a couple of mins to get to kmart when my store opens at 8. was planning to use the $30 batman coupon and grabbing a points card (if they have them in stock *crosses fingers*) so hopefully that doesn't mess up the coupons printing out. i'll report back when i get home.

My store opens at 7 according to the store locator. Every time I have been I have gone at 8, but I figured they might be on holiday hours or the hours changed. Nope. So in a little bit I will go back and try again.

Edit: After reading about the issues from the midnight launch with getting a points card, I think I may hold off on getting a card now and just get the points on Friday when I get my buddy his copy of the game. Hopefully issues will be ironed out by then and if not, I just won't get a points card. I know Josh is awesome about CS issues, but I would rather have the savings up front than have to wait for a gift card or something after buying it. Having to wait on the mail (and with my terrible post office, I wouldn't be surprised if I never get it) will screw up my plans for the next couple weeks.

Oh man...

The problem with the points card makes sense. Their was a week when BB had $20 PSN card advertised at $17.99. I tried to price match at Walmart but I was told they can NOT physically discount point cards.

This might be a similar situation and that might be way the transaction is ringing up the way it is however not too long ago I thought Kmart offered a discount off of $50 PSN or 4000 Xbox live card and if I remember correctly I believe the discount was taken of the cards not the game...

Anyways it's disappointing to see people are having this issue. It's even more disappoint to read their is a possibility these coupon won't work next week on the B1G1 50% off because if I remember reading correctly aren't the coupons earned this week only good for two weeks anyways?

i am confused. if i buy 2 copies of cod. that would be 120 pretax. so if i use my 20 dollar coupon, would that take me below the 110 or would i be ok.

[quote name='camelking6969']i am confused. if i buy 2 copies of cod. that would be 120 pretax. so if i use my 20 dollar coupon, would that take me below the 110 or would i be ok.[/QUOTE]

You would be okay.

Just got back from the Kmart at Penn Station half an hour ago. I got there at 7:10 and there were two people in line ahead of me (maybe they were CAGs haha - they both bought a copy of the game and a $50 Xbox Live Points card, though one of them got the Hardened edition and one got the regular edition). The cash register at the video games department was funky so they took us to the returns section. I bought a Hardened copy and a regular copy. Waited until they expected me to pay, gave them my $20 Uncharted coupon, and my $35/$15 coupons printed perfectly. Of course my total was above $120 after discounts since I got the Hardened edition, but I think the system works fine.

[quote name='ilnadmy']Just got back from the Kmart at Penn Station half an hour ago. I got there at 7:10 and there were two people in line ahead of me (maybe they were CAGs haha - they both bought a copy of the game and a $50 Xbox Live Points card, though one of them got the Hardened edition and one got the regular edition). The cash register at the video games department was funky so they took us to the returns section. I bought a Hardened copy and a regular copy. Waited until they expected me to pay, gave them my $20 Uncharted coupon, and my $35/$15 coupons printed perfectly. Of course my total was above $120 after discounts since I got the Hardened edition, but I think the system works fine.[/QUOTE]

The problem most people are having is with the xbl card or ms points messing with the total. The cards can't be discounted or used for the $110 total, so it takes $20 off MW3.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Just went past a best buy and it was packed of course. Wonder how busy my kmart will be at midnight.[/QUOTE]

Gamstop by me was slammed. ToysRus looked busy too.

I was about 15 out of 25 at Kmart. Maybe by the time I left 30 people had bought MW3 there. As I was leaving they still had the hardened edition (they were offering it to everyone). They had a little over 100 copies of the regular game I think they said. They had the console and headsets as well. Didn't see any points cards but don't think too many people were rewardzone members. Others were just getting one game and the $15 coupon though.

I was out by 12:15. Had to wait 5 or so mins for them to run to the back and get UC3 for me. If I just wanted MW3 I would have been out in less then 10 mins. They took my $30 coupon from Batman and the $15 and $35 printed out just fine.

Only wish it was at the nicer Kmart closer to me but otherwise went smoothly.

Sunday I will pickup another copy of MW3 or maybe BF3 and put it on EBay.

My coupon train is over for now. I got all the games I want through the end of the year. When a new game comes up that I want to play I will check out Kmart to see what deals they might be running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived at Store #4448 a little after 7am, way too early but it was fine. Hung out in my car for a half hour and then took up a spot against the wall. A woman arrived at 7:50am and stands too, nearing the door and asking me for timechecks. The doors open at 8am and I notice that she starts RUNNING. I look and watch as she starts sprinting toward the Electronics section. She of course gets there before me, places her finger down on the glass and points at the one copy of the Hardened Edition my store received and asks to put it on layaway. No coupons, no SYWR account, no intent for this week's deal. She's just a broke bitch who can't afford a videogame.

So I say to her, "You saw that I was standing ahead of you. Did you seriously run to beat me? What is your problem?" and she gives me this speech about her kid needs it for Christmas. Unreal. I was looking forward to another week on the train, but this woman's actions mean I'll have to pick up my pre-order at Gamestop.

It was good while it lasted. Thanks Josh and the SHC-Gamer team for a slew of awesome deals the past few months.

[quote name='sageridder']never tell employee what the offer is there is no need,the register should do it all. I wouldn't have expected to be able to shop for other stuff to make the coupons print out at a midnight release. The best course of action IMHO if you wanted in on the deal and a hardened edition would have been to buy it without using coupons or SYWR card to secure it, and return next day return & rebuy and then use SYWR and coupons to get full advantage of of the offers.[/QUOTE]

The Kmart in Poughkeepsie, NY (3396) opened for the midnight release. I got there about 11:50 and people were coming out the door with bags of stuff they bought. Normally they are closed. Certainly would have been hard to shop though as they had stuff in the aisles to pack out but they were definitively letting people buy other stuff. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. They had posters to give a way. Thought about grabbing one for my nephew but didn't. They weren't anything too special.

Just got back from the 8am opening at my local kmart.

and...

Great Success! They had 3 360 copies and 1 ps3 copy... the ps3 copy being the one I wanted. I showed up right at 8am and nobody was there. Took a stroll back to the electronics expecting the worst but saw all 4 copies from halfway across the store. Ended up getting it and NBA2k12 (christmas present for brother, plus was on sale for 45 :p) and got both coupons. I was going to try and get the cheap points card but didn't feel like pushing my luck.

If anybody is in the ALTOONA area and wants a 360 hardened ed. then try out that kmart. They had all 3 as I left around 8:10.

Now to ebay/return the 360 version I'm getting in a few hours from gamestop lol.

[quote name='DomLando']My local Kmart wouldn't sell me two copies of MW3. They said they got an Email and it said to limit once per customer.....[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I picked up two copies a few moments ago and everything worked fine. The coupons printed and I used previous coupons in the transaction. I must have a nicer Kmart than most, because I've yet to have any snags with coupons and their usage.

[quote name='themixmaster']Arrived at Store #4448 a little after 7am, way too early but it was fine. Hung out in my car for a half hour and then took up a spot against the wall. A woman arrived at 7:50am and stands too, nearing the door and asking me for timechecks. The doors open at 8am and I notice that she starts RUNNING. I look and watch as she starts sprinting toward the Electronics section. She of course gets there before me, places her finger down on the glass and points at the one copy of the Hardened Edition my store received and asks to put it on layaway. No coupons, no SYWR account, no intent for this week's deal. She's just a broke bitch who can't afford a videogame.

So I say to her, "You saw that I was standing ahead of you. Did you seriously run to beat me? What is your problem?" and she gives me this speech about her kid needs it for Christmas. Unreal. I was looking forward to another week on the train, but this woman's actions mean I'll have to pick up my pre-order at Gamestop.

It was good while it lasted. Thanks Josh and the SHC-Gamer team for a slew of awesome deals the past few months.[/QUOTE]

Maybe its lack of sleep... but man your post really cracked me up. I can only imagine the lady barry sanders you and dash to electronics... good stuff. Did they not have more than 1 HE?

Swung by my local Kmart and got there like 7:50. A few soccer moms and their kids on line. I bought the only 360 hardened edition. Picked up a $15 clearance game that has a $40 resell value and got my $50 in coupons. Sweetness

arrived at store# 3793 8th street Miami, FL at 7:50 I was let in early. I waiting in the games section for about 10 minutes then the lady brought out a box full of MW3's they had 5 hardened editions. I asked for one and got GTA4 liberty city stories as a filler and went to check out. I had bought a 4000 points card at another store intent on returning/re-buying with the promotion discount. So the lady walks me to the service desk. First I was told I could not return/re-buy the points card as it is a third party transaction (told by 2 cashiers and 2 managers). SO that door gets slammed in my face. SO I say forget it just give me the games. SO GTA 4 rings up at full price $39.99 not as $14.99 on the price drop list. So I go back to find another filer game. I get brutal legend as the filler. The deal works with no problems now and I get the $50 in coupons. I will be emailing Josh about the points card.

So if you are trying to return/re-buy points cards buyer beware YMMV

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Swung by my local Kmart and got there like 7:50. A few soccer moms and their kids on line. I bought the only 360 hardened edition. Picked up a $15 clearance game that has a $40 resell value and got my $50 in coupons. Sweetness[/QUOTE]

What game did you get if you don't mind me asking? I ended up just going for a Christmas present filler for my brother. I might be getting a couple games come friday and may need a cheap filler with high resale.

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Maybe its lack of sleep... but man your post really cracked me up. I can only imagine the lady barry sanders you and dash to electronics... good stuff. Did they not have more than 1 HE?[/QUOTE]
Only 1 for XB360, none for PS3. I couldn't believe it. My morning has turned into Jingle All the Way and she was my Sinbad.

[quote name='ravinrican']arrived at store# 3793 8th street Miami, FL at 7:50 I was let in early. I waiting in the games section for about 10 minutes then the lady brought out a box full of MW3's they had 5 hardened editions. I asked for one and got GTA4 liberty city stories as a filler and went to check out. I had bought a 4000 points card at another store intent on returning/re-buying with the promotion discount. So the lady walks me to the service desk. First I was told I could not return/re-buy the points card as it is a third party transaction (told by 2 cashiers and 2 managers). SO that door gets slammed in my face. SO I say forget it just give me the games. SO GTA 4 rings up at full price $39.99 not as $14.99 on the price drop list. So I go back to find another filer game. I get brutal legend as the filler. The deal works with no problems now and I get the $50 in coupons. I will be emailing Josh about the points card.

So if you are trying to return/re-buy points cards buyer beware YMMV[/QUOTE]

Points/XBL cards are like gift cards as in once they are activated, they cannot be deactivated. You can blame the size of the clam shell cases and theft for the cards being sold how they are

showed up at my kmart at 7:40, met a fellow female CAG waiting too (not sure what her username on here is though). one other person was waiting outside with us before the store opened, we all went back to the electronics section but the games weren't out yet. they had no points cards in stock and while we're waiting for the employee to grab the boxes the electronics dept starts to fill up. luckily we were both able to get our hardened editions (crucial for me since they were out of cards).

there were other people asking for the hardened edition and i was worried if i didn't throw down my card as soon as he found one in the box someone would grab it from under my nose so i didn't find any filler to get the other $35 coupon, but i'm really low on money anyways so it worked out ok after i used my $30 batman coupon. 360 hardened edition for about $80, plus a $15 coupon is not too shabby in my book.

Would not honor the 4000 points deal, said they need received any hardened editions and he had no idea what it was.

Walked out with nothing.

[quote name='rp71284']Points/XBL cards are like gift cards as in once they are activated, they cannot be deactivated. You can blame the size of the clam shell cases and theft for the cards being sold how they are[/QUOTE]

I understand that but it is not like I am trying to get a new card. I am returning and re-buying it. Plus it was the cards they keep locked away in the games section not one from the gift card tree. There was no activating it.

[quote name='Evolved']Would not honor the 4000 points deal, said they need received any hardened editions and he had no idea what it was.

Walked out with nothing.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "Would not honor"? Just get the game, get the card, and have them ring it up. It's not hard.

Went to Kmart at 8am--Had no points cards & never did. They looked up stock at another Kmart in another city... Supposedly had 40+ in stock. Drove over there... Nothing! Wasted an hour + gas trying to get one, definitely disappointed as this is what swayed me to go the Kmart route for MW3.

Picked up two regular copies of Modern Warfare 3 for the Xbox 360. The 4,000 point card WOULD NOT discount to the sale price so I am pretty upset that I had to put them back.

There were no Hardened editions so losing the 4,000 point card really hurts in this case. I hope they do something to resolve this FAST or I will take my business elsewhere regardless of deals.

The $50 in gaming coupons printed out fine though. The nice lady tried really hard to over ride the 4,000 point card price and sell it to me separately for $29.99 but it would not work.

Crappiest thing is that in the printed weekly ad it only shows the 12 month card as the one that can receive a discount, NOT the 4,000 point card so it took some convincing to get the cashier to believe me about both being eligible and trying it to begin with.

The question now is, do we wait or email Josh to get this taken care of? I want that ADVERTISED 4,000 point card for $29.99 sooner rather than later.

It's pretty terrible to screw up the biggest game release of the year so hopefully a swift resolution is in order.

went to 1st kmart, asked for uncharted 3 and MW3, U3 was sold out, tried to buy HEfor 360 sold out, went to customer service to ask if they could call next location. sold on line for like 2 mins and decided to take my chances, got there and got one of the last 360 HE's and a psp game to push me over the line. Good day.

Got to Penn Station about 8:30 walked into the electronics and saw all of the MW3 in the case. First customer in line was buying a regular edition and while I was waiting cashier asked what I wanted. Asked if they had any MW3 Limited Editions left and told me only PS3. So got my HE and a regular for my friend and both coupons printed up. First time in awhile I had a painless transation at Penn on release day.

Side Note: Coupons are back on the digital copy

Maybe someone knows these answers ....

1. Is Mario 3d land included in the b1g1 50% next week,

And what is a good filler so I can pick up MW3 and metal gear this week

[quote name='skycat561']Maybe someone knows these answers ....

And what is a good filler so I can pick up MW3 and metal gear this week[/QUOTE]

I went to my Kmart and they did not have Metal Gear. Good luck and let me know if you find this!

[quote name='confoosious']What do you mean "Would not honor"? Just get the game, get the card, and have them ring it up. It's not hard.[/QUOTE]

Would not work, smart ass.

Register said it was full price. But thanks for the condescending comment.

[quote name='Evolved']Would not work, smart ass.

Register said it was full price. But thanks for the condescending comment.[/QUOTE]

Wow he wasnt being rude. Atleast i didnt take it that way. Someone didnt get their fruit loops this morning....

Can someone confirm this would work (or that my math is right)?

CoD MW3 (360) $59.99
4000 Points Card $29.99*
Skyrim $29.99

= $119.98, plus I'd get $50 in coupons?

*I understand there is currently an issue with the points card that will likely be resolved this week.

[quote name='ravinrican']I understand that but it is not like I am trying to get a new card. I am returning and re-buying it. Plus it was the cards they keep locked away in the games section not one from the gift card tree. There was no activating it.[/QUOTE]

You still can't return points card no matter if you were planning on rebuying it or the source of the cards. The register simply won't let them do it.

[quote name='skycat561']Maybe someone knows these answers ....

And what is a good filler so I can pick up MW3 and metal gear this week[/QUOTE]

The list on kmartgamer reads:

In case you can’t decide, next week from 11/13 – 11/19 Kmart will be offering a buy one get one 50% off on featured games:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Reg. $59.99 360/PS3)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations (Reg. $59.99 360/PS3)
Rayman Origins (Reg. $59.99 360/PS3)
Saint’s Row the Third (Reg. $59.99 360/PS3)
Need For Speed: The Run (Reg. $59.99 360/PS3)
Halo Anniversary (Reg. $39.99 360/PS3)

whether something got added since that post, I don't know but I don't think Mario 3ds is part of the b1g50%.

[quote name='rdlee']Picked up two regular copies of Modern Warfare 3 for the Xbox 360. The 4,000 point card WOULD NOT discount to the sale price so I am pretty upset that I had to put them back.

There were no Hardened editions so losing the 4,000 point card really hurts in this case. I hope they do something to resolve this FAST or I will take my business elsewhere regardless of deals.

The $50 in gaming coupons printed out fine though. The nice lady tried really hard to over ride the 4,000 point card price and sell it to me separately for $29.99 but it would not work.

Crappiest thing is that in the printed weekly ad it only shows the 12 month card as the one that can receive a discount, NOT the 4,000 point card so it took some convincing to get the cashier to believe me about both being eligible and trying it to begin with.

The question now is, do we wait or email Josh to get this taken care of? I want that ADVERTISED 4,000 point card for $29.99 sooner rather than later.

It's pretty terrible to screw up the biggest game release of the year so hopefully a swift resolution is in order.[/QUOTE]

As best I can remember from previous card purchases, a discounted price shows up on the register screen. Last night, the 4000 point card showed up as full price. I had them cancel it, and suddenly the TOTAL price showed up with the -$20 discount. For some reason the computer didn't show a $29.99 card, but the full price of $49.99. At the end of the reciept, it gave a non-named $20 discount. Don't ask. There were a lot of keystrokes going on and attempts to cancel. We might have accidently stumbled across the price.

Midnight openings, though it seems there were some horror stories for sure, was very much a success from a sales standpoint and could justify future events in a larger scale at a first glance.

Second, I beat the campaign last night, my favorite COD single player to date. Campaign was fairly awesome.

Third, coupons are printing on schedule, system looks good.

Not all good though as you are aware (I've updated the blog and Twitter), the Xbox Live discounts are coming off of the game which lowers the threshold. I have followed up this morning and it appears that this is the only way to get the cards to be discounted. This will at least occur throughout today but I am hoping to be creative and find a loop hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back