KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coldstreakd']I sent an email to Stock Boy about this a while back, and received the following response:

Hey, so I found out. It turns out everyone is getting that as long as you buy one of the launch versions at any retailer. If you were to go in and buy it a few weeks later it’s possible you wouldn’t get the map in your game. Thanks.

Andrew Moench[/QUOTE]

Thanks for info. :)

Also wonder if Kmart's Saint Row 3 comes with Professor Genki's DLC pack like other retailers.

[quote name='Jav0r']Lack of games in both NYC stores. How are there no copies of Sonic Generations or Uncharted 3.
Astro Pl. store has the laziest person working electronics. She didn't want to check for the games.
I saw that some decent games were hidden behind the others.
Just kept telling me if it isn't the first one displayed, it isn't there.[/QUOTE]

the only ones will to assist there are the two young ladies and the old man...

[quote name='metrostar']Thanks for info. :)

Also wonder if Kmart's Saint Row 3 comes with Professor Genki's DLC pack like other retailers.[/QUOTE]

Stock Boy confirmed a while back that it will not. This was a pre-order bonus that was only sent to retailers that did pre-orders so K-Mart was left out.

Definitely plan on getting Skyrim, but torn on which other game to get. I really wish that Goldeneye Reloaded (360) was part of the deal...

[quote name='spedmunki']I hope my location has Skyrim tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Chances are they will. My store had a bunch available.

A lot of KMarts had it out on shelves before it was supposed to be sold, and they probably took them back when they found out the release date.

[quote name='metrostar']

the only ones will to assist there are the two young ladies and the old man...[/QUOTE]

From what I can recall of names:

34th/Penn has had three good employees. An older white guy named John/Jon (though he can get a bit stern), a young black woman with glasses, and a middle age black woman (she's quiet and has dark hair not the loud one with grey).

Astor Place only had one good employee for a while. A black woman (early 30s) named Clea (or something). She's also a manager and had to do overrides when deals didn't work. One time however she didn't accept a coupon I got from a NJ ad (even though I had used them there before). There was also a taller (at least 5' 7") Hispanic woman the last two times I went (months ago). She knew the gaming deals and the process.

I've only been to the stores during the afternoon to early evening times so have likely never seen those who work early shifts like other CAGs.

[quote name='mr mellow']That is my thinking as well but, if you plan on getting Sykrim which is really the only game out of the bunch IMO worth $60 you could pair that with Rayman essentially getting it half off while paying full for Skyrim that would at least justify it guess it depends on how you view the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this. If it is as good as the demo, than my enjoyment is well worth 60 (or 30 buying Skyrim for 60)

[quote name='MfMonster']I agree the date is down right egregious to release this game during. But, I have read many comments from gamers that feel 60 dollars is too much for a platformer that should be an arcade title. Which, I obviously disagree. The game is said to be huge, gorgeous, and already has my 60. I just hope despite the poor release date it does well. I can wait on Assassins Creed personally and that title won't need the help/support as it will sell well.

Yeah, I was feeling the same way. But from the reviews so far it has a lot of content, and some reviewers are using "game of the year", which is saying alot seeing Skyrim, etc released this year and only a week apart.

The price drop issue I usually don't worry about because all of the games drop, some obviously faster than others, but there are some games that need the support at launch, imho. I think you are right about saints row, the others SR dropped fast.

I was curious if others will be picking it up next week along with me? I just hope it does well.

BTW: love the name. lol. funny[/QUOTE]

Rayman is sweet. I will probably enjoy more than other major releases. I am glad to see someone else excited for Rayman.

Well Tuesday or Wednesday I am going to my local Kmart, and using my 30 dollar Batman AC coupon, and getting Skyrim for sure, but torn on the next game. Both games will be 30 bucks, as I will be paying 60 plus tax for two recently released games. I love Kmart for these deals to help gamers save money its good for Kmart to help them compete with other big box retailers such as Walmart, and Best Buy. I'd would much rather give my money to Kmart over a company with shady business practices like Walmart. Anyway, I am torn between MW3 and Rayman Origins. I want Assassin's Creed Revelations, but I know that will go for 34.99 on Black Friday as every Assassin's Creed game has the past two years. SR3 if not Black FRiday then shortly after will get a deal or cut in price, and same with Rayman. MW3 may not although Walmart has already advertised Battlefield 3 for 28 bucks on Black FRiday. Part of me wants to support a creative and throw back to the old days of gaming like Rayman Origin before everything was shooting and blowing shit up. But I do want MW3, damn unsure.

[quote name='VaultDweller']mygofer has a 10% off code, if i choose store pick up, will a coupon print out at kmart? has anyone tried store pick up from mygofer.com?[/QUOTE]
This was long ago, but for me they attached the coupon to the receipt. What's the code? I have no coupons to use so I might do a second batch of games for another 50.00 set of coupons.

Guessing its safe to assume that Kmart will not be having a midnight release for skyrim?
I have a 24 hour kmart near me, but they seem to close the electronic section between some unknown hours.

Just found a MW3 Hardened at the local KMart. Used a $10 Mountain Dew coupon to get it for $90, and got the $15 coupon and $20 off the 4000 point card. Score.

I did forget to spend another $11 to get an extra $35 coupon. Stupid me. Oh well.

Can someone point me towards a post or wiki concerning the handling of returns or purchases using game coupons? Sent a email but never got a response so just thought someone here might point me in the right direction. Thanks

Guess I'm going to pick up Skyrim and Uncharted 3 or MW3 tomorrow at K-Mart using the $30 BAC coupon. I made a purchase earlier at Sears and I got a $5 off $50 coupon, hopefully it will work as well but I'm not counting on it.

I finally found time to drop by a K-Mart prepared to buy a copy of MSG HD collection PS3, but much to my chagrin, they were all out. Was there an extremely limited supply? It's only been 2 days. Now, I'm not sure if I should wait for next week's BOGO sale for Skyrim.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Has anyone tried more than one points card on a second transaction for MW3? I know it's stated in the details it won't but I'm sort of curious if it's been tested.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean a second transaction of MW3 + 1 points card on the same SYWR account? That should work since there wasn't a limit of 1 like Batman.

OR

Do you mean a transaction with more than 1 points card? It shouldn't work but just have them scan everything after giving them your SYWR info and then total it out to see what happens. If it doesn't ring up the way you want just tell them no thanks or pretend that you left your wallet in the car.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Ah okay, I thought the points card was limited to one per account. Thank you![/QUOTE]

It's just one per transaction. But normal promotions have a limit of 2 so you should be able to do it a second time as far as I know.

[quote name='Methamphetamine']Sonic Generations isn't in the B1G1 50% deal.[/QUOTE]

Damn. No other game I want them

But there is uc3. I'm not sure though as I have no ps3 yet

For the CAG asking about card stock at Penn there is only 1 4000 point card and 6 12 month live left as of 530 today. Possible some in the back or with the other gift cards but there was no one in the department to ask any questions.

Question: Am I able to buy Skyrim tomorrow or Saturday, and then come in with my receipt next week and pick up another game half off? Thanks!

I only bring this up in this thread because I saw it talked about in this thread, many moons ago, and it worried me. It was said that Gamestop receipts for pre-orders that come with bonus DLC say that the game cannot be returned. After pre-ordering Ultimate Marvel just now, I can say this is not the case. There is nothing on there about it, nor on the website or on their pre-order policy at the register.
So now off to pre-order at Best Buy and Amazon.

I still wish Kmart was going to get this game, as I was going to pre-order and return from the other three retailers for the DLC and then purchase and keep my copy from Kmart, giving them my monies, but I understand why it won't be stocked. Hopefully when Josh gets a good pre-order system set up, publishers are able to cut them in for some cool DLC bonuses. It seems like pubs are going to keep screwing over fans of their games with pre-order nonsense, so it would be nice if Kmart could get a slice of the pie. I don't pre-order games for DLC (or pre-order at all, with the exception of Mahvel, baby!), but it would be nice to get a little something extra with the games and coupons.

Then again, unless the codes were printed on the receipts, it would be one more thing for the store-level employees to say they did not get any of or lose or keep for themselves.
[quote name='Mattitudev96']Question: Am I able to buy Skyrim tomorrow or Saturday, and then come in with my receipt next week and pick up another game half off? Thanks![/QUOTE]
No, why would you even think you could?
Unless you returned it next week and then rebought it then, I guess.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I only bring this up in this thread because I saw it talked about in this thread, many moons ago, and it worried me. It was said that Gamestop receipts for pre-orders that come with bonus DLC say that the game cannot be returned. After pre-ordering Ultimate Marvel just now, I can say this is not the case. There is nothing on there about it, nor on the website or on their pre-order policy at the register.
So now off to pre-order at Best Buy and Amazon.

I still wish Kmart was going to get this game, as I was going to pre-order and return from the other three retailers for the DLC and then purchase and keep my copy from Kmart, giving them my monies, but I understand why it won't be stocked. Hopefully when Josh gets a good pre-order system set up, publishers are able to cut them in for some cool DLC bonuses. It seems like pubs are going to keep screwing over fans of their games with pre-order nonsense, so it would be nice if Kmart could get a slice of the pie. I don't pre-order games for DLC (or pre-order at all, with the exception of Mahvel, baby!), but it would be nice to get a little something extra with the games and coupons.

Then again, unless the codes were printed on the receipts, it would be one more thing for the store-level employees to say they did not get any of or lose or keep for themselves.

No, why would you even think you could?
Unless you returned it next week and then rebought it then, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Because a lot of stores do price adjustments, basically a return and repurchase for a certain time period after purchase

I was able to pick up the last copy of mgs:hd collection for the 360 today. Didn't see the ps3 version. I saw 10-15 copies of mw3 for the 360 and ps3 in stock. No skyrim yet. I used the lotr $20 coupon on mgs and the $15 coupon printed out fine. I plan on using the $15 coupon on skyrim and mw3 on Sunday during the buy 1 get 1 half off. Thanks Kmart for these great deals! :)

[quote name='Mattitudev96']Because a lot of stores do price adjustments, basically a return and repurchase for a certain time period after purchase[/QUOTE]

So basically you want to buy it this week and get the coupon and then get another game half off next week and take advantage of two offers at once that aren't supposed to be combined?
Are you intentionally trying to rip them off? Or do you just plan to not use your SYWR card when you first buy it and not get a coupon and then do a return/rebuy with a second game?
Also, if you return the game, your coupon becomes void.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']So basically you want to buy it this week and get the coupon and then get another game half off next week and take advantage of two offers at once that aren't supposed to be combined?
Are you intentionally trying to rip them off? Or do you just plan to not use your SYWR card when you first buy it and not get a coupon and then do a return/rebuy with a second game?
Also, if you return the game, your coupon becomes void.[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending him by any stretch here, but I got the impression he probably just wanted to play it right away and wasn't trying to rip them off. He never mentioned the coupon and if he knew that it came with one then he would know that would make things even more complicated if he did try a return/re-buy.

Either way, he couldn't do it because if the purpose was to play it on day one then I doubt they would let him do a return/re-buy on an opened game. If he was worried about it being out of stock and doesn't open it then the scenario you mentioned about not using his SYWR account makes the most sense.

That's exactly why I asked if he was intentionally trying to rip them off OR if he was planning to buy it without getting the coupon and doing a return/rebuy.
Sorry if I came across as accusing, but how many people have come into this thread BLATANTLY asking if they can rip off the company?
Even still, if he wants to return/rebuy, he'd need it to remain sealed and surrender any coupon if he did, in fact, get one with Skyrim.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Damn. No other game I want them

But there is uc3. I'm not sure though as I have no ps3 yet[/QUOTE]
Please read the OP and familiarize yourself with the deal, then post if it's still necessary.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Please read the OP and familiarize yourself with the deal, then post if it's still necessary.[/QUOTE]
Please read my OP and just go back to your cubby. Seriously. Stop being pretentious. I wasn't even talking to you.

How is the OP a source of confirmation, hmm? I'm sorry, but on the Kmart Gamer facebook page it seems like the stores can deny some of the stuff you guys are saying we can do.

Technically, with some people's coupons that deal is already invalid. So what else you got to say?

[quote name='Linkgx1']Please read my OP and just go back to your cubby. Seriously. Stop being pretentious. I wasn't even talking to you.

How is the OP a source of confirmation, hmm? I'm sorry, but on the Kmart Gamer facebook page it seems like the stores can deny some of the stuff you guys are saying we can do.

Technically, with some people's coupons that deal is already invalid. So what else you got to say?[/QUOTE]
Haha, what!?! I especially like the first sentence in the second paragraph

[quote name='Linkgx1']Please read my OP and just go back to your cubby. Seriously. Stop being pretentious. I wasn't even talking to you.

Technically, with some people's coupons that deal is already invalid. So what else you got to say?

Lastly, the OP is a Wiki. It's not 100% accurate. Thank you and good bye![/QUOTE]
Well I tried to be nice about it. I may come off as pretentious but I'd rather that than come off as a complete idiot. You twice posted about getting games that are not involved in the deal. I would have let it go had you only done it once, but twice was just too much for me. I tried to stop you from doing it again.

It's not me being pretentious, I'm just less ignorant of the deal since I follow the thread pretty closely to know what's going on with the deals.

Josh posts here pretty regularly and has confirmed that the coupons will work on the B1G1 deal (assuming that's what you're talking about). Also Kmart has had similar deals in the past like this one and again the coupons worked with those deals. They will work unless someone denies your use of them.

Good day to you, kind sir!

[quote name='Spinshag']Also a tip I learned Tues is that if you have any rewards dollars on your card, have the cashier use them last. They do work with coupons/deals.[/QUOTE]

This was posted several pages ago, but I wanted to comment on this point. To get the most out of your purchases, avoid spending SYWR points for the remainder of the month. The double points earned for the month of November only count for actual currency paid, so hold onto those points until a future purchase to get the most out of them.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Not too worried about the Zelda Bundle. Considering my store still has a MW3 Hardened Edition.[/QUOTE]

Seems like good reasoning, but I can't imagine a larger gulf than that between gamers who buy the premium edition of MW3 and that of Zelda. Just saying. ;)

Quick question: Can we use these gaming coupons online yet?

I read the OP but it seems the FAQ's/details haven't been updated in quite some time.

[quote name='TYLERxDURDEN']Quick question: Can we use these gaming coupons online yet?

I read the OP but it seems the FAQ's/details haven't been updated in quite some time.[/QUOTE]

You can't use the coupons online.

[quote name='GBAstar']I know the $110 threshold is games only. My point was if I buy two copies of $59.99 games the total would be $119.98. Then if I buy a $50 (4000) pts card is it going to subtract the $25 discount from the gaming merchandise total like it was earlier in the week and charge me full price for the card?

If it is still rining up that way I would i not get the $50 gaming coupon? I just wanted to see if that glitch was fixed or if Josh's hands were tied.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I guess I didn't get that from your post. I hope it works!

Just curious.... if I wanted to use my $50 gaming coupons for charmin ultra soft toliet paper and cheap wine like mad dog 20/20 would that stack with my coupon for 10% off a toy if its for my dog? Really need an answer to this before I try to use these coupons online at overstock.com

I would look at the original post... but I am too busy watching reruns of Seinfeld and playing my jaguar system

Can anyone confirm if the purchase of WWE All Stars will get the $10 off coupon toward WWE 12? I picked up All Stars this week but didn't recieve the coupon for spending $30 on WWE gear. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well I tried to be nice about it. I may come off as pretentious but I'd rather that than come off as a complete idiot. You twice posted about getting games that are not involved in the deal. I would have let it go had you only done it once, but twice was just too much for me. I tried to stop you from doing it again.

It's not me being pretentious, I'm just less ignorant of the deal since I follow the thread pretty closely to know what's going on with the deals.

Josh posts here pretty regularly and has confirmed that the coupons will work on the B1G1 deal (assuming that's what you're talking about). Also Kmart has had similar deals in the past like this one and again the coupons worked with those deals. They will work unless someone denies your use of them.

Good day to you, kind sir![/QUOTE]

First, you don't even know what I'm talking about. That's what happens when you assume. I'm refering to the fact that I'll be able to get Uncharted 3 because I can get 3 games for $120 instead of two. I was just going to get Skyrim and MW3 since I couldn't get SONIC. But I decided on 3 games because Wal-Mart is having the PS3 for $199.

Let me show you the evidence here from the Official Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/kmartgamer
KmartGamer Here's what I can say, just spoke with Josh. "Technically, gaming coupons are excluded for BOGO offers as stated on the gaming coupons, but, systematically it appears you can use them. Just keep in mind that stores do have the right to not allow you to use them since they are suppose to be excluded."Tuesday at 12:39p

Now how exactly does that say it WILL work? Hmm?

You can't exactly dispute that now can you? It CAN be denied at any give point, at the discretion of the store.

There was a major mistake you made in your post. You just said the coupon WILL work but the store can, and I quote you, "denies your use of them". That is a contradictory statement there. Something that WILL happen and CAN'T happen at the same time is just a fallacy.

Can you be and not be here at the same time? I didn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back