KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']My Kmart is ok with it. I did it once last year and no issue at all. I did it again last week and while they did it differently, they still had no issue doing it. What happened is I returned game A at a reduced refund price but then they only charged me that reduced price when buying game B. Obviously going to be YMMV if they'll do this for you.[/QUOTE]

Good to know it can be adjusted if they want to work with you on it.

[quote name='bmachine']Anyone happen to know if the copies of Saints Row: The Third from Kmart will include the Professor Genki stuff?

Or is that strictly Amazon/Gamestop pre-orders only?[/QUOTE]

It will not. Strictly pre-orders on that one.

I thought I was about to have to use the glitter gun at K-Mart. Long story short had to convince an employee to look in a box that was sitting at her feet after she told me they didn't get Skyrim. Got 2x Skyrim and the 15+35 coupon printed fine.

[quote name='LordVila']I thought I was about to have to use the glitter gun at K-Mart. Long story short had to convince an employee to look in a box that was sitting at her feet after she told me they didn't get Skyrim. Got 2x Skyrim and the 15+35 coupon printed fine.[/QUOTE]

At her feet? Damn. I tell ya, some miserable people just f**k up others' businesses! If they don't like helping the company get richer, they should start their own business!:hot:

Can someone refresh my memory on why there are those post-labeled games in the clearance aisle? I managed to pick up a cheap filler along with MGS and Skyrim at one Kmart store. Long story short, I found a copy of Loco Roco 2 at a second store that I would have opted to exchange if it didn't have the $9.99 sticker and new UPC affixed to it.

Anyway, I'm not disappointed overall. I actually went to the first Kmart store, since it was on the way from the GameStop, where I picked up a MW3 Hardened for the 360. Had I not stopped by, I actually wouldn't have been able to pick up either MGS or Skyrim. The second store seemed to have dropped the ball lately. I think it's due in part to the weird stock issues and new employees working there. It used to be (hands down) the better store.

The filler I bought is Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. :hot:

[quote name='sageridder']That's surprising, good to know, I wonder if it's because you did 2 different amounts. Ie $110 and $40 instead of $110 twice.[/QUOTE]

Actually, yes you are right the offer id is the same on both, they are offer #530

But i could still use the other one on a separate purchase"?

[quote name='cardsharkrob']That is very interesting. I do know that people have said that the 20 dollars has been coming off the games instead but I would suggest emailing josh just in case he misses your message on here Xellos[/QUOTE]

I emailed kmart gamer but no respond yet...

[quote name='SeanTM22']Actually, yes you are right the offer id is the same on both, they are offer #530

But i could still use the other one on a separate purchase"?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely

Just got back got MW3 + Skyrim + 4000 points used a $10 and a $20 coupon it took $20 off the card and spit out the $15 and $35 coupons easy peasy. Cashier asked how I got the extra $35 coupon told him about cag and the upcoming bogo and he responds oh yeah cag they have sweet deals I just haven't been there in a while. :)

I got screwed out of the $35 coupon on my purchase of Kirby Wii and Skyrim 360. The manager said it was based on the pre-coupon total, but allowed tax to factor into the promotion threshold.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I got screwed out of the $35 coupon on my purchase of Kirby Wii and Skyrim 360. The manager said it was based on the pre-coupon total, but allowed tax to factor into the promotion threshold.[/QUOTE]
You didn't get screwed. You were $0.02 short.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I got screwed out of the $35 coupon on my purchase of Kirby Wii and Skyrim 360. The manager said it was based on the pre-coupon total, but allowed tax to factor into the promotion threshold.[/QUOTE]

Well it is pre-tax, but Skyrim = $59.99 and Kirby = $49.99 which is 109.98, I made the same mistake with MW3 and MGS HD

[quote name='SeanTM22']Well it is pre-tax, but Skyrim = $59.99 and Kirby = $49.99 which is 109.98, I made the same mistake with MW3 and MGS HD[/QUOTE]
This should have been his buying module.

Did you just buy Kirby and Skyrim? If so, that was only 109.98.

You screwed yourself. You should have found some kind of super-CHEAP filler to add. Then, gave it away if it wasn't something you would like.

I think I did ok today... Skyrim, dragon age ultimate, ratchet and clank crack in time, and dark void for filler for about $89. Got my coupons to use next week.

I walked into today and picked up Skyrim and had no problems with coupons. I was tempted to pick up MGS HD Collection but I would have ended up 2 cents short for the 50 dollar coupon and I didn't feel like buying a filler game. I also was pleasantly surprised to find the premium physical map inside the case, I thought that was a preorder bonus for just Amazon and Gamestop. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention enough to this thread.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I think I did ok today... Skyrim, dragon age ultimate, ratchet and clank crack in time, and dark void for filler for about $89. Got my coupons to use next week.[/QUOTE]

I know it's just filler, but I hated Dark Void with a passion. Honestly almost any modern game is worth $10, but that one wasn't.

My coupons printed out fine. Got Sesame Street Monsters Kinect, Eternal Sonata, and Lego Harry Potter 5-7. Got my coupons ready for Tuesday. Saints Row and Skyrim!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']**££€€€>>> Will there be an ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 deal???!!!![/QUOTE]

Kmart will not have umvc3 in stock due to low sales of the original mvc3 at kmart stores.

I went in to a Kmart while I was out of town, and bought $130 worth of clearance games. I used a $20 gaming coupon, got the $50 of coupons back just fine. Then I got home, checked the reciept, and noticed the guy never used the $20 coupon I had. Didn't notice while I was at the store since the display wasn't showing the item scans come up. I just assumed he was doing it right since I've been to that store before with him and never had a issue.

Tried searching for any word on this topic so I thought I'd ask

Any word on any limited edition Tekken Hybrid copies? I'm guessing no, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'm guessing the regular edition will have like a 10-15 dollar coupon associated with it...or some other deal (hope it isn't get tekken 6, I have it for all systems already lol)

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']Tried searching for any word on this topic so I thought I'd ask

Any word on any limited edition Tekken Hybrid copies? I'm guessing no, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'm guessing the regular edition will have like a 10-15 dollar coupon associated with it...or some other deal (hope it isn't get tekken 6, I have it for all systems already lol)[/QUOTE]

No they won't. Outside of a few AAA titles, Kmart won't be stocking any collector's editions of games.

[quote name='rawrker']I went in to a Kmart while I was out of town, and bought $130 worth of clearance games. I used a $20 gaming coupon, got the $50 of coupons back just fine. Then I got home, checked the reciept, and noticed the guy never used the $20 coupon I had. Didn't notice while I was at the store since the display wasn't showing the item scans come up. I just assumed he was doing it right since I've been to that store before with him and never had a issue.[/QUOTE]

So you lost the $20? Do you think he kept your coupon for himself?

[quote name='unknownthreat']So you lost the $20? Do you think he kept your coupon for himself?[/QUOTE]

He kept the coupon and shoved it in the register like they normally do. I believe its an honest mistake and nothing shady. He probably didn't total it before hand or the scanner didn't pick it up correctly and assumed the discount was made. Since I had no display on my end I couldn't see what was going on. I've been there a few times before, and he is always working there. He runs the electronic department, has all the stickers up, all the new clearance games were stickered in their own section and even mentioned the $40/110 deal. I just took it for granted that he had it all covered, so I didn't double check my reciept before leaving which was my fault there.

I paid for skyrim with a sears gift card and didn't get a $15 coupon with my 60 - 15 gaming coupon = $45 purchase. Does that mean gift card purchases void the coupon offer?

Gonna end up returning it.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']I paid for skyrim with a sears gift card and didn't get a $15 coupon with my 60 - 15 gaming coupon = $45 purchase. Does that mean gift card purchases void the coupon offer?

Gonna end up returning it.[/QUOTE]

Have paid with sears gift card multiple times coupon should print out fine.

[quote name='unknownthreat']Kmart will not have umvc3 in stock due to low sales of the original mvc3 at kmart stores.[/QUOTE]

Dang. Ok. Thanks!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Dang. Ok. Thanks![/QUOTE]

My prediction is that UMvC 3 won't sell that much. It's just a recycled MvC 3 and another version of the game will most likely be announced 6 months from now. Not to mention there are just way too many AAA quality titles this holiday season and UMvC 3 will just get swallowed up and ignored. I see only the hardest of the hardcore fighting fans buying UMvC 3. Regular gamers probably won't waste anymore money supporting Capcom and their beta version fighting games.

[quote name='funco']Have paid with sears gift card multiple times coupon should print out fine.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I noticed that my Kmart digital receipt shows the coupon on it. Am I allowed to print that out and use it? Didn't print out at the register. I got some lawn and garden coupons for some reason.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']I paid for skyrim with a sears gift card and didn't get a $15 coupon with my 60 - 15 gaming coupon = $45 purchase. Does that mean gift card purchases void the coupon offer?

Gonna end up returning it.[/QUOTE]

Did they scan your sywr card?

[quote name='JizzyB69']My prediction is that UMvC 3 won't sell that much. It's just a recycled MvC 3 and another version of the game will most likely be announced 6 months from now. Not to mention there are just way too many AAA quality titles this holiday season and UMvC 3 will just get swallowed up and ignored. I see only the hardest of the hardcore fighting fans buying UMvC 3. Regular gamers probably won't waste anymore money supporting Capcom and their beta version fighting games.[/QUOTE]

You take that back or I shall be forced to spank that ...!!!!!:roll:

[quote name='chriscolbert']It will not. Strictly pre-orders on that one.[/QUOTE]

Dang. That's too bad. Thanks for the quick response, though.

Bear with me Josh, this is bound to get confusing because it's complex. This all occurred at the Bowling Green, KY KMart which has always been phenomenal and still has been but some odd things happened today that kind of messed up some things.

I went through careful planning in order to get two sets of the $50 coupons going on in this week's deal. I went to KMart today with the intention of doing two separate transactions.

In the first transaction I purchased:
The Sims 3: Pets (Which I thought was going to be 49.99 because that's MSRP) which rang up at 59.99.
God of War Collection which rang up 39.99
Metal Gear Solid Collection which rang up 49.99

This was going to be a total of (what I thought) 139.99(ish) which actually came out to 149.99. I was fine with that extra 10 bucks on The Sims 3: Pets as the entire ordeal was going to be a great deal. I then used my $30 Batman AC coupon which brought me down to 119.99 (but I thought it was going to be 109.99 which would have still gotten me my $50 coupon set.)

My second transaction I was going to purchase was:
Dead Island (Which I thought was going to be 59.99) which rang up at 49.99
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One which rang up at 59.99

This rang up at 109.99 which would NOT get me my other $50 coupon set. But no where that I could find was Dead Island supposed to be on sale this week. It was stickered at 59.99 and there is nothing on CAG, the blog, or in the store advertising it at 49.99 this week.

We (the electronics rep and customer service rep) thought about possible ways to get it sorted out but because the $30 Batman AC coupon had been used we couldn't do a return rebuy where we changed The Sims 3: Pets and Dead Island. If we had changed The Sims 3 and Dead Island, it would have been the initial pricing scenario I was going for but because the Batman AC coupon had been used, we couldn't do anything because I would be out the $30 from the coupon. A manager (Mica) came over at this point and attempted to sort through everything but ultimately said he couldn't do anything.

I ended up keeping my first transaction and purchasing the second transaction as well, however, I only got $15 coupon for it because I was under the $110 thresh hold. I gave the same amount of money to KMart as I would have had I been able to switch the two items for each other but for all of this, I only received $65 in coupons. And all of this careful planning was FUBAR'ed simply because of two pricing glitches (The Sims 3: Pets ringing up $10 more than it should and Dead Island ringing up $10 less than it should.)

Sorry this is so long, I'm just hoping you can do something for me. Thanks in advance, Josh.

Here's the thing with the new AC. If you want it cheaper before Christmas, you most likely will have to buy it either with KMart's B1G1/2 off sale next week or Best Buy on BF. If you want the most content with the game, get the SE which is exclusive to Gamestop.

Was just at a Kmart that had Rayman, NFS: The Run, Saint's Row 3, and Assassin's Creed out for sale. There was only one copy of SR3 left, so I am assuming the register was letting copies be sold.
Didn't buy any though, as money is tight until Tuesday and I needed Skyrim.
I did notify the woman at the register that they were out early, as I do not want anyone to get fined or lose their job.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Was just at a Kmart that had Rayman, NFS: The Run, Saint's Row 3, and Assassin's Creed out for sale. There was only one copy of SR3 left, so I am assuming the register was letting copies be sold.
Didn't buy any though, as money is tight until Tuesday and I needed Skyrim.
I did notify the woman at the register that they were out early, as I do not want anyone to get fined or lose their job.[/QUOTE]

Very nice of you. ;) I doubt anyone would have noticed but yeah, Kmart really needs to get their act together when it comes to game releases.

BTW, is there any way to check a local KMart's stock? Or do I have to do the ol fashion call every day routine?

Does anyone know the answer to my question from a couple pages back?

[quote name='Finalspirit']I couldn't find the answer to my question elsewhere in the thread so sorry if this has been asked already. I want to get the PC version of Skyrim so I need to buy online, but they still have the promo for orders over $110 get a $50 gaming coupon. I'm planning to get MW3 on the 360 and Skyrim PC. I wanted to use the coupon to get Mario 3D Land next week but I'm not sure if it will work. The details of the coupon are:

From 11/15/2011 to 12/17/2011 we will attach a coupon to your profile that will appear in your cart for your next Gaming purchase during the redemption time period. You will need at least 1 item for the coupon amount in your cart for the full coupon discount to apply.

It sounds like I need to specifically have one game worth $50 in my cart. Does anyone know if it will still work if I have Mario for 40 and a 10 dollar filler in there?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssr']Snip [/QUOTE]
jesh that sucks but a lesson for folks, get the total before handing any coupons over they have to be scanned after total is hit anyway so better safe than sorry.GL getting that resolved.

[quote name='driver']BTW, is there any way to check a local KMart's stock? Or do I have to do the ol fashion call every day routine?[/QUOTE]

kmart.com

[quote name='nickawesome'] I also was pleasantly surprised to find the premium physical map inside the case, I thought that was a preorder bonus for just Amazon and Gamestop. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention enough to this thread.[/QUOTE]

Think it was asked but not confirmed. Was excited about it myself. Also think its funny how the CE makes it seem, thats the only way to get it. Thought it was going to be "cloth" though, its more like thick paper.

[quote name='Finalspirit']Does anyone know the answer to my question from a couple pages back?[/QUOTE]

I think it is basically saying you need to have an item $50 or more for the coupon to work. As in, a $49.99 title being bought with a $50 coupon would NOT work. If you have a $40 + $10 though, even if they are two titles, it should most definitely work.

At least, that's what I got from it, correct me if I'm thinking of the wrong thing here.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I think it is basically saying you need to have an item $50 or more for the coupon to work. As in, a $49.99 title being bought with a $50 coupon would NOT work. If you have a $40 + $10 though, even if they are two titles, it should most definitely work.

At least, that's what I got from it, correct me if I'm thinking of the wrong thing here.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right but I don't think a "$40+$10" item will work because most likely he's talking $39.99 + 9.99 which would leave him 2 cents short.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']**££€€€>>> Will there be an ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 deal???!!!![/QUOTE]

Since this is spelled out in red in the OP, the correct answer to this question is:

I'm pretty sure the UMvC3 deal is going to work out similar to the promotions had earlier this year for Catherine and Disgaea 4, though you'd have to dig through the old threads for the specifics.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']Ok, so I noticed that my Kmart digital receipt shows the coupon on it. Am I allowed to print that out and use it? Didn't print out at the register. I got some lawn and garden coupons for some reason.[/QUOTE]

As they emailed it to you, I figure there's no reason to think you shouldn't use it. Just know that some cashiers are wary of home-printed coupons following the coupon difficulties a year back.

[quote name='Finalspirit']Does anyone know the answer to my question from a couple pages back?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone here is going to have a definite answer for you. Most of us here only go for the B+M deals. The KMart website stuff isn't actually under Josh's domain, or at least it hasn't been in the past. Connecting the in-store promotions with online is something they've been working to implement.

So, in short, it's possible none of us here know for sure.

The wording might be odd but I take it to be just like paper coupons you gotta have at least the amount of the coupons worth or more pre tax for it to work. To double check under contact us you could live chat with a rep to be sure.

OT for any thinking about buying RAGE it's fun while it lasts but it's like they made the game and broke off half to make a dlc. It truly felt like it was about to take off, finally going after the big baddies big frickin gun and specials just for them and it just ends. Without a need for the better stuff.If you spend more than $20 on this (and I really liked much of it) you will walk away feeling ripped off. Here's hoping some future DLC will make it right, had a ton of potential and farts in your face at the end.

[quote name='confoosious']I think you're right but I don't think a "$40+$10" item will work because most likely he's talking $39.99 + 9.99 which would leave him 2 cents short.[/QUOTE]

True, he would need a $39.99 game + maybe a 14.99 and then it'd work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back