KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh, it's getting close to the end of the year and we're reaching that time when you can see most of the deals looking into the last several weeks; and thus with things simmering down, I usually reflect.

Just wanted to let you know that I don't post much in this thread at all any more, but I regularly lurk at least a few times a week. And while I don't hop on the coupon train nearly as often as some in this thread, I have definitely purchased more games at KMart in the last 18 months or so than I have in my entire life before that. And you guys have definitely done a great job of becoming a real driving force in bringing good gaming deals to B&M this year - and as such, I've been recommending the store to more and more people this year, as well.

Anyway, I don't have much to add to the discussion. Just wanted to say thanks. I know people are always eager to hop on the internet to complain when there's a problem; so I figured I'd share some good sentiments.

And I'll likely be grabbing a $35 MGS HD Collection here pretty soon :)

I just want to say not having a decent Kmart anywhere near me, I live in the city and the Super K on Elston has nothing and employees that are lets say less than helpful. Anyway I'm really greatful to able to have gotten in on the latest deal of the buy 1 get 50% off 1 deal online.

The service and speed of the order being handled was by far the best ever. I have had several other deals in the past onlne with Kmart that were nowhere as smooth and efficent as this time. I had no trouble getting Skyim 360 and St's Row 3 360 in a timely fashion and I really appreciate it. It was shipped UPS 1 day after I ordered and I received it two days after that. Can't get much better.

I would have even ordered more if they had Rayman in stock, maybe I still will if it comes back. I really think the jump in service online has something to do with Josh and all his hard work here and at the office, thanks Josh. Night and day from the first order I made online for Final Fantasy deal right about the time you started this.

Confused by the wording on the Thanksgiving Day ad:

Is that a 4GB XBox w/copy of MW3 for
$200 or is that the MW3 system bundle ($400 MSRP) which is the system w/320 GB HDD, 2 controllers, & game for $200? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Confused by the wording on the Thanksgiving Day ad:

Is that a 4GB XBox w/copy of MW3 for
$200 or is that the MW3 system bundle ($400 MSRP) which is the system w/320 GB HDD, 2 controllers, & game for $200? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Be realistic here man.
Of course it's the 4GB 360 with MW3.

Hey My K-Marts, Not getting the Buy 1 get 1 1/2 off in their system so if I message Josh the recipt will he give me the discount? Also How would he go about giving me the discount?

So frustrating. . . Just called my local store because after going there on Sunday, it shows that it is available for pickup on Kmart.com. The man first said they didn't have it. Then he said "Wait, we do have it, but the receiving manager hasn't checked it in yet. Maybe she will have done it by tomorrow morning" Josh, this is pathetic. Murfreesboro, TN store.

I'm having similar problems. Most of the times theres no one even at the electronics section and I have to wait 5-10 minutes for someone to come. Carlisle PA store.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's been a good year, I'm fairly happy with everything looking back on it. Definitely had some rough patches but month to month the offers have hit the mark I've wanted. Kind of weird looking back on it lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you guys definitely put together some hot release day deals all throughout this year...although it is never too early to look towards the future, right? Lol. Any clues or ideas what the deal will be for FFXIII-2? Soul Calibur 5? Or UFC 3? Or Mass Effect 3? Or SSX? Or Prototype 2? Lol, you get my drift. The first quarter of next year looks to be pretty solid as well. Hoping for some more hot deals come the end of January :D

So wait, I've been out of the loop for a couple months or so and my quick search of "online code" didn't come up with anything, but I can do the B1G1HO online as well? Is there a specific code I need to enter or does it auto do it when I go to check out?

[quote name='EducAsian']Yeah, you guys definitely put together some hot release day deals all throughout this year...although it is never too early to look towards the future, right? Lol. Any clues or ideas what the deal will be for FFXIII-2? Soul Calibur 5? Or UFC 3? Or Mass Effect 3? Or SSX? Or Prototype 2? Lol, you get my drift. The first quarter of next year looks to be pretty solid as well. Hoping for some more hot deals come the end of January :D[/QUOTE]I'm actually hoping for some hot coupon deals near the end of December so I can continue my coupon train from Skyward Sword (I'm considering asking for Mario Kart 7 w/ its coupon for Christmas); I'm among the very few (read: Nintendo fans) who aren't getting off the train just yet. :lol:

[quote name='Blabadon']Be realistic here man.
Of course it's the 4GB 360 with MW3.[/QUOTE]

Ok well I just edited the post because it was poorly worded.

In terms of BF feedback, only reason I stepped in the store last year was the buy 1600 MS point card get Mass Effect 2 for free promotion last year as I used the ME 2 as a Christmas present. Would have loved to seen one of the Dragon Age games with a similar promotion.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Ok well I just edited the post because it was poorly worded.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, I thought it was the MW3 system too.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']NYC.........I can't force them on this one......

We may have to work it out with you directly.[/QUOTE]

this is not a good news to hear...

I guess that was why managers from these NYC stores always created their own policies to against deals even there was already a promotion memo at each register...

Josh, I sent you an email about my issue. hope you guys can help.

thanks for all your great works!!! :applause:

Are there any deals besides Zelda and WWE 12? for November 20th to 23rd?
I don't want to waste my coupons on either of those games?

Josh

I tried to use my ($35+$15) coupons from last week's purchase to buy Skyrim and Saints row. But the $35 coupon did not work :cry:.

When the coupons printed out last week, they were not very clear. The person tried to scan it first, he tried a few times and got the error - INVALID UPC (or something like that). Then he keyed in the numbers from the coupon - it gave an error - REWARD NOT ALLOWED.

He then read the contents of the coupon and told me it wouldn't work for B1G1 events. Technically he was correct but we all know they work. So I didn't want to argue with him. I asked him to try the $15 coupon, but he would not as it had the same wording.

I went ahead and bought both copies as they were the last ones at my store. I know I have to send an email to kmartgamerhelp, but wanted to rant here first. Please look out for my mail

Thanks so much

harish

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Selling out just means lost sales IMO. Hate it.[/QUOTE]

This was the case with me. No AC:R in my store meant that I didn't make any purchase. Walked out of the store empty handed, when I planned on getting 2 games if AC:R was in stock.

Curious - is the overall plan to replenish stock on a new release like AC:R quickly (before Sunday?). Or do things not happen that quickly with OOS situations?

[quote name='harish7447']Josh

I tried to use my ($35+$15) coupons from last week's purchase to buy Skyrim and Saints row. But the $35 coupon did not work :cry:.

When the coupons printed out last week, they were not very clear. The person tried to scan it first, he tried a few times and got the error - INVALID UPC (or something like that). Then he keyed in the numbers from the coupon - it gave an error - REWARD NOT ALLOWED.

He then read the contents of the coupon and told me it wouldn't work for B1G1 events. Technically he was correct but we all know they work. So I didn't want to argue with him. I asked him to try the $15 coupon, but he would not as it had the same wording.

I went ahead and bought both copies as they were the last ones at my store. I know I have to send an email to kmartgamerhelp, but wanted to rant here first. Please look out for my mail

Thanks so much

harish[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you have the receipts e-mailed to you. If not you might be SOL.

[quote name='tightclaws']I just want to say not having a decent Kmart anywhere near me, I live in the city and the Super K on Elston has nothing and employees that are lets say less than helpful. Anyway I'm really greatful to able to have gotten in on the latest deal of the buy 1 get 50% off 1 deal online.

The service and speed of the order being handled was by far the best ever. I have had several other deals in the past onlne with Kmart that were nowhere as smooth and efficent as this time. I had no trouble getting Skyim 360 and St's Row 3 360 in a timely fashion and I really appreciate it. It was shipped UPS 1 day after I ordered and I received it two days after that. Can't get much better.

I would have even ordered more if they had Rayman in stock, maybe I still will if it comes back. I really think the jump in service online has something to do with Josh and all his hard work here and at the office, thanks Josh. Night and day from the first order I made online for Final Fantasy deal right about the time you started this.[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about the Elston Ave Kmart in Chicago then you're better off going to the Addison & Kimball one (plus its open 24 hrs)

I started my coupon train there with Batman and its worked out great for me

[quote name='JaTaN']If you're talking about the Elston Ave Kmart in Chicago then you're better off going to the Addison & Kimball one (plus its open 24 hrs)

I started my coupon train there with Batman and its worked out great for me[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info maybe I will get a chance to get over there for Rayman otherwise I will go with Gamestop on it after thanksgiving.

South St. Louis County is sold out of Skyrim on 360 while they're sitting on over 50 copies of Halo & 100 of MW3. Whomever took inventory control from you guys needs to be slapped. FYI they were also out of AC: R on PS3. All other recent releases were there.

Hopefully the more run down store closer to where I work will have Skyrim & Halo tomorrow night.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='harish7447']Josh

Thanks so much

harish[/QUOTE]

You might be partly to blame for this. Why in the world would you let the clerk scan the coupons first??? It NEVER works that way. ALWAYS let the clerk scan both games and hit the total button, THEN give them the coupons. The system should take care of the rest and the transaction should have gone smoothly. The coupons should work and have worked...provided you do the transaction correctly.

My online order got split into 2 shipments, and a nice service rep named Manual from k-marts live chat site, says that my coupons are packed in w/ the game I won't be recieveing till friday afternoon :(

Good News: I get the coupons in printed version w/ my game friday
Bad News: Got to wait till friday to buy saints and assassins creed

So, Josh. I know my expectations should be fairly low on this question, but are there any games next year that Kmart is going to plan to carry the Limited Editions of?
I'd much rather buy at Kmart than elsewhere, but so many games I want have Limited Editions and I'm a junkie for those. Any chance of carrying minimal copies of a few of them?

Just bought Super Mario 3D Land and got the $15 gaming coupon. The best part is the coupon kicks in on Sunday just in time for the release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword \\:D/

I also have a 6 hour bus ride back home from school for Thanksgiving Break on Friday so this game will make my trip suck a little less.:D

[quote name='RockoMan']Hopefully you have the receipts e-mailed to you. If not you might be SOL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have it in my email :)

[quote name='EducAsian']You might be partly to blame for this. Why in the world would you let the clerk scan the coupons first??? It NEVER works that way. ALWAYS let the clerk scan both games and hit the total button, THEN give them the coupons. The system should take care of the rest and the transaction should have gone smoothly. The coupons should work and have worked...provided you do the transaction correctly.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on now :roll: ......scanned both games, then my sywr card and then the coupon......did everything as it was supposed to...but still messed up somehow.....

Are there any deals besides Zelda and WWE 12? for November 20th to 23rd?
I don't want to use my coupons on either of those games..

I'm officially off the train after using my $35 and $15 coupons on Halo Anniversary and Professor Layton and the Last Specter. All in all, I paid $259.92 total for eight games that would have cost me $423.92 for this holiday season. I'm not sure if it's ultimately the cheapest plan considering how long it might take me to actually play everything, but to be part of the day/week one zeitgeist and not have to hunt down Black Friday deals, as far as I can tell, Kmart can't be beat. Thanks to Josh and Andrew for the deals, giving out information, and answering questions. I'm looking forward to new deals in 2012.

[quote name='JaTaN']If you're talking about the Elston Ave Kmart in Chicago then you're better off going to the Addison & Kimball one (plus its open 24 hrs)

I started my coupon train there with Batman and its worked out great for me[/QUOTE]

The one by ashland is pretty decent.

[quote name='harish7447']Yeah I have it in my email :)

Oh come on now :roll: ......scanned both games, then my sywr card and then the coupon......did everything as it was supposed to...but still messed up somehow.....[/QUOTE]

just ignore him, everyone else does

Oh come on now :roll: ......scanned both games, then my sywr card and then the coupon......did everything as it was supposed to...but still messed up somehow.....[/QUOTE]

If that was the way the transaction went, then you got a raw deal. I thought you said that they tried to scan the coupons first. But if they scanned the coupons last and the transaction still didn't go through then you were probably just unlucky, and had crappy employees working the electronics section.

I'm gonna be going in to Kmart to purchase two copies of Saints Row: The Third tomorrow, but before I do, does anyone know if I would be able to score 2 copies cheaper than the 90 bucks it would be at Kmart?

Will KMart be carrying Fortune Street for Wii?

I wouldn't expect it to be a huge seller, so I'd understand if you're not, but with it being published by Nintendo and featuring Mario characters, it also seems likely that Nintendo would try and push it. I considered picking up the DS version last time I was in Tokyo and am still rather amazed that they've translated one of the games in the series. Seems right that I should support it at release.

[quote name='41down']For the love of god please post pics[/QUOTE]

Alright update to situation with pics as requested. It all worked out so now its just a funny situation. The Kmart employee at returns was a bit perplexed at first trying to gauge if I was full of shit. She sent me to get another copy of MW3. I told the guy that always works in electronics what happened and he just laughed and said he remembered a customer having the same issue as me with a copy of NBA 2k12. So he went to the front and vouched for me and they gave me a straight return and exchange no hassle so that was a relief.

And now the photo evidence for your amusement.

IMG_2041 by 8_eight, on Flickr

IMG_2046 by 8_eight, on Flickr

IMG_2043 by 8_eight, on Flickr

IMG_2045 by 8_eight, on Flickr

and yes Toy Story 3 is awesome but not some fucking low res bootleg with bad audio

[quote name='8eight']I told the guy that always works in electronics what happened and he just laughed and said he remembered a customer having the same issue as me with a copy of NBA 2k12. So he went to the front and vouched for me and they gave me a straight return and exchange no hassle so that was a relief.
[/quote]
You have a serial scammer. (ominous music) :whistle2:#

Any chance that K-Mart price matches?

WWE '12 will be $47.99 next Tuesday at Target according to their weekly ad.

Would love to buy the game at K-Mart for that price and get the $20 gaming coupon!

[quote name='rdlee']Any chance that K-Mart price matches?

WWE '12 will be $47.99 next Tuesday at Target according to their weekly ad.

Would love to buy the game at K-Mart for that price and get the $20 gaming coupon![/QUOTE]Kmart does not do price matches.

[quote name='Vigilante']Kmart does not do price matches.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I'll probably still buy it at K-Mart anyway since they've been so awesome lately.

[quote name='8eight']snip[/QUOTE]
Just bizarre what I don't get is why bother printing a dvd label anyway unless they thought you'd open and think the part on the left with the upside down zombieland part was normal and put away to play later.

[quote name='sageridder']Just bizarre what I don't get is why bother printing a dvd label anyway unless they thought you'd open and think the part on the left with the upside down zombieland part was normal and put away to play later.[/QUOTE]

I think it's actually for if the CSR opens it to verify the contents. Most returns people wouldn't spot that fake.

FYI. If you are using points from your SYWR card, it should be the last thing subtracted from the total. I had a similar problem when i purchased the same games (Saint's Row and Skyrim). I asked if i could use my points, he scanned the card and used the points and when he tried to apply the coupon, it wouldn't work. Another associate instructed him to scan the coupon first and the card last. There was a moment there when i was thinking "Damn they are going to shut me down" but once he got a void and did it again, it worked just fine.

Is the buy one, get one 50% off only in-store or can I do it online? The nearest Kmart to me is a bit of a trek.

Also, does Kmart take preorders?

[quote name='alrix']Is the buy one, get one 50% off only in-store or can I do it online? The nearest Kmart to me is a bit of a trek.

Also, does Kmart take preorders?[/QUOTE]

this deal is online as well

When is the last day to get the coupon with WWE 12 purchase? I want to wait till after I spend way to much on bf and can asses my finances before going and buying it.

[quote name='KtMack23']When is the last day to get the coupon with WWE 12 purchase? I want to wait till after I spend way to much on bf and can asses my finances before going and buying it.[/QUOTE]
Looks like the 23rd. Then it is valid from the November 24th to December 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back