KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sterlingice']Next week's the big week for the Nintendo coupon train. If I can find Zelda CE, then success. If not, then it's a bit of a bummer :(

Also, can one use Sears gift cards at KMart? When I went this week, the electronics associate couldn't figure out how. Anything I can suggest to help them or are the systems not linked and it's a Sears-only gift card?

SI[/QUOTE]
Yes, Sears gift cards (are intended to) work at KMart. I had a $5 Sears card I received for attending a Sears grand opening event and later used it on a KMart game purchase. Sounds like cashier error in your case.

Dpsycho - you gotta remember this is the guy who ranted against kmart cause according to him no other store required you to sign up for something to get deals.

[quote name='addicted2games']So I go to Kmart today after work and have my two games in hand for the B1G1 50% and also Mario Land for 3DS. The cashier scans my SYWR card and the system is down. I cant use my 2 coupons from previous purchases and obviously the new coupon wont print without the SYWR card being used. So I leave empty handed and have to go back to Kmart tomorrow and try to get the games. First problem I have had at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

I know I went to pick up a game and the system was down. I called other stores and theres was down as well. I figured system wide issue. With Josh and them being busy I didn't know if they were doing the whole email a receipt thing dure to the larger volume now. So I will try tomorrow.

quick question, when I go back to Kmart tomorrow to get Saints Row 3 and Rayman Origins (I already have all the other new releases), is there any difference between the 360 versions and the PS3 ones? I already have SR2 on PS3 so the free game thing is moot. I cant seem to find any reviews saying one version is better than the other. Does is just come down to if I want achievement points versus trophies?

[quote name='confoosious']Dpsycho - you gotta remember this is the guy who ranted against kmart cause according to him no other store required you to sign up for something to get deals.[/QUOTE]

Ring the troll chimes Quasimodo is at it again.
BTW I'm buying it at worst buy because as bad as they are they are still better than Klutz mart. 10 dollar gift card and most likely gold wiimote addition readily available. you will be lucky if the big K gets 2 copies a store.

[quote name='tightclaws']you will be lucky if the big K gets 2 copies a store.[/QUOTE]
Right, because you posting numbers that contradict what what posted by KMart's Stock Boy isn't trolling and the blatant spread of false information? Go home.

[quote name='addicted2games']quick question, when I go back to Kmart tomorrow to get Saints Row 3 and Rayman Origins, is there any difference between the 360 versions and the PS3 ones? I already have SR2 on PS3 so the free game thing is moot. I cant seem to find any reviews saying one version is better than the other. Does is just come down to if I want achievement points versus trophies?[/QUOTE]

That and controller choice, I like 360 controllers better. After playing the demo for Rayman on both systems I say they are indentical. But St's Row 3 not sure I bought the 360 because that has always been the lead platform for it and controller choice for me.

[quote name='DPsycho']Right, because you posting numbers that contradict what what posted by KMart's Stock Boy isn't trolling and the blatant spread of false information? Go home.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about ? he said 1to 3 copies for each store grow up. Not only that but he even said he has no control over what stores get what please stop being a cry baby.

He said every store will get 3, as in no less than 3.

I wouldn't even be bothering with you right now if not for the fact that you are trying desperately to spread false information.

Edit: Here, have a link.

[quote name='DPsycho']He said every store will get 3, as in no less than 3.

I wouldn't even be bothering with you right now if not for the fact that you are trying desperately to spread false information.[/QUOTE]
hahaha like I give shit, yeah I am trying so hard, seriously you and confruitious should get together and have a nice cry together.

Anyone know, does the $99 kinect they are going to have here on Thanksgiving include the fruit ninja/gunstringer games? I looked in the ad and it doesn't really say.

[quote name='gepet0']I know I went to pick up a game and the system was down. I called other stores and theres was down as well. I figured system wide issue. With Josh and them being busy I didn't know if they were doing the whole email a receipt thing dure to the larger volume now. So I will try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I stopped by three Kmart stores myself & the system was down after work this Friday. Would have to go out of my way to try again tomorrow, so I might not get Super Mario Land 3D plus $15 coupon with my $30 Batman coupon. Two Kmarts had the game in stock but wouldn't void at least the $30 value like the out-of-stock store was willing to. Gah...

Does anyone know if the Rock playable character is definitely included if I purchase WWE 12 in store at Kmart on Tuesday? Thanks!

Hey Josh...tell your people at Kmart they need to step up their game.:D I got 2 emails tonight for my Birthday from Kmart and Sears. Opened up the Kmart email and it is a coupon for $5 off a $45 purchase. I figured the Sears email was the same but to my surprise it is a $10 off $30 coupon in store or online. I am joking but I wish they were flipped.

[quote name='tightclaws']hahaha like I give shit, yeah I am trying so hard, seriously you and confruitious should get together and have a nice cry together.[/QUOTE]
Good lord. Shut up, go away, and stop shitting up this thread.
Go to Best Buy, get your game, and stay out of here if all you're going to do is troll and antagonize.
You've been reported.

Can't wait for Sunday morning to grab Skyward Sword!
HOLY CRAP I'M GOING TO TURN ON MY WII!

[quote name='dpac']Bingo. I stopped by three Kmart stores myself & the system was down after work this Friday. Would have to go out of my way to try again tomorrow, so I might not get Super Mario Land 3D plus $15 coupon with my $30 Batman coupon. Two Kmarts had the game in stock but wouldn't void at least the $30 value like the out-of-stock store was willing to. Gah...[/QUOTE]

The way the associates were acting in my visit to Kmart thursday night, I believe the system is not having "issues" but that they are not interested in doing promo + coupons and are claiming "system issues" as an excuse to either make you do the BOHO straightup or make you pay full price for 2 games and use coupons then. Kmart knows the coupons expire relatively quickly and that you are on the clock to use them or lose them so they don't have to accept customer "double dipping". It's a crock that NYC KMarts are all doing this and disregard anything that KMart Gamer posts on the blog. My associate admitted that double dipping was supposed to be allowed but he couldn't do it b/c the system supposedly didn't have the BOHO set up and all BOHO's had to be done through manager overrides, which, coincidently, prevented coupon use.

KMart pushed the 50/110 last week saying that it could be combined with the BOHO and then NYC KMarts found a loophole and said nope. That's just shady.

will bestbuy pricematch B1 G1 50% off and is this a good deal to buy skyrim and saints row the third or they will have better deals on black friday, but there are no deal under these two games in the black friday thread

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Can't wait for Sunday morning to grab Skyward Sword!
HOLY CRAP I'M GOING TO TURN ON MY WII![/QUOTE]

This. I'll have to plug mine in, it's been so long.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Can't wait for Sunday morning to grab Skyward Sword!
HOLY CRAP I'M GOING TO TURN ON MY WII![/QUOTE]

I just turned mine on tonight to make sure it still works. The thing was covered in dust. (that just sounds wrong) I haven't turned it on since Donkey Kong Country Returns.

[quote name='tightclaws']hahaha like I give shit, yeah I am trying so hard, seriously you and confruitious should get together and have a nice cry together.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I am totally digging your originality on making fun of store names and user names. Klutz Mart? OMG!!
Worst Buy? Confrutious??! You slay me!!!

Let me try.... Failget...damn that sucks. Stall Mart? Nope, not as cool as yours.

How about Menoclaws?

[quote name='adamical']Josh, will you be carrying the Zelda 3DS bundle?[/QUOTE]

I asked this also and haven't seen a response. Josh or stockboy, can either of you answer? Will you have the limited Zelda 3DS? Will it be $179.99 and have the $25 gift card like the Mario bundle will?

I have a question about the coupons. Maybe, another CAG can answer it. I bought MW3 x2 last week. I received the coupons and then used them this week. I was leaving the electronics department when I noticed a MW3 Hardened edition. 1 of my vanilla MW3 games remains unopened. Can I return the vanilla edition and purchase the Hardened edition or is this not allowed? It just bothers me a little because I was the 1st person to purchase MW3 at my store and I inquired about the Hardened edition. The associates were clueless. They tried to tell me the MW3 system was the Hardened edition. Anyway, if anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate the help.

[quote name='smacd101']I asked this also and haven't seen a response. Josh or stockboy, can either of you answer? Will you have the limited Zelda 3DS? Will it be $179.99 and have the $25 gift card like the Mario bundle will?[/QUOTE]
According to the Ad the Mario bundle will not be $179.99 it'll be $199.99. Which is odd since it says "SALE" by it but $200 seems to be MSRP. I guess because you get a $25 coupon with it? Meh.

[quote name='YANNIC']The way the associates were acting in my visit to Kmart thursday night, I believe the system is not having "issues" but that they are not interested in doing promo + coupons and are claiming "system issues" as an excuse to either make you do the BOHO straightup or make you pay full price for 2 games and use coupons then. Kmart knows the coupons expire relatively quickly and that you are on the clock to use them or lose them so they don't have to accept customer "double dipping". It's a crock that NYC KMarts are all doing this and disregard anything that KMart Gamer posts on the blog. My associate admitted that double dipping was supposed to be allowed but he couldn't do it b/c the system supposedly didn't have the BOHO set up and all BOHO's had to be done through manager overrides, which, coincidently, prevented coupon use.

KMart pushed the 50/110 last week saying that it could be combined with the BOHO and then NYC KMarts found a loophole and said nope. That's just shady.[/QUOTE]

Well when I called I just asked customer service was they said it was sywr was down. Sywr covers a lot more than games. I can't see them saying it is down just for games.

As far as double dipping goes. The coupon is from a earlier transaction so it can't be tabbed as double dipping because it is like cash. IMO

Hey josh, I know its probably too soon, but can we expect saints 3, ac revelations, and rayman to hover around the $40 mark soon?

[quote name='kerouac kid']I have a question about the coupons. Maybe, another CAG can answer it. I bought MW3 x2 last week. I received the coupons and then used them this week. I was leaving the electronics department when I noticed a MW3 Hardened edition. 1 of my vanilla MW3 games remains unopened. Can I return the vanilla edition and purchase the Hardened edition or is this not allowed? It just bothers me a little because I was the 1st person to purchase MW3 at my store and I inquired about the Hardened edition. The associates were clueless. They tried to tell me the MW3 system was the Hardened edition. Anyway, if anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate the help.[/QUOTE]

This is completely YMMV. If they attempt a straight return/rebuy, you'll likely end up losing coupon value. However, others have been able to do what you describe by explaining the exchange up front, and then the associate performing the return and adjusting the cost of the new item to match the amount of refunded credit. This was, of course, in cases where the new item had the same sticker price as the returned one. Trading up to a Hardened may be a bit more complicated as additional math is involved.

Did you already use the coupons? If you have, I say give it a try. If you haven't, I wouldn't attempt it for fear of voiding your coupons.

Question re Skyward Sword.

I understand KMart will have a limited availability of the game/ controller bundle, but what about the soundtrack with the basic version. All initial printings of Skyward Sword (standard and special edition) are supposed to include the soundtrack, but since KMart didnt get the CE upgrade for initial printings of Dark Souls (like other stores did), I'm wondering if Skyward Sword will be just the basic version without the soundtrack as well.

If Nintendo is saying all initial printings include the soundtrack, I don't think they're gonna take it out for kmart.

@n00bie - I think you said what a lot were thinking.

On the fence for the 3ds this week. I can for sure make use outta the 50 bux in coupons ( obviously get Mario too). My two questions is are there better deal to be had with bf coming up? And slightly outta deal context but how is the virtual console doing? I love playin my childhood games

I don't think you're gonna get a significantly better deal on bf. maybe $10 better. If you're gonna get Super mArio land 3d anyway, i say jump. then use coupon tomorrow on Zelda SS if you have a wii.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't think you're gonna get a significantly better deal on bf. maybe $10 better. If you're gonna get Super mArio land 3d anyway, i say jump. then use coupon tomorrow on Zelda SS if you have a wii.[/QUOTE]

Well ya wii was next and that was my plan. Can anyone here vouch for the system?

[quote name='confoosious']maybe i'm not giving zelda fans enough credit but I think with 3 copies, chances are good if I get there Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm sitting there thinking I'll leave around 10 or noon for one that opens at 8

SI

I couldn't ever make it back over the past couple days to check and see if Halo CEA ever turned up, but I'm going to head in now to see.
If it is, I'll use my coupons on it and something else. I have the NFS: The Run and Rayman demos on my Xbox and tried them both. Rayman was really good and the NFS demo expired, so that is out of the question (getting so tired with all the BS associated with the NFS games anymore). So it's down to Rayman and Halo for $40 or Super Mario Land 3D and Halo for about the same and a coupon back.

Rayman got some pretty good reviews it looks like too, so I am leaning towards that one.

I'm also super excited for Skyward Sword: CE. Josh, does the coupon work immediately after it prints? My thought was to possibly use it for some Black Friday purchases.

Still no idea whats on-sale from the 20th to the 23rd yet? I need to use that $15.00 from my MW3 purchase. I guess I will just try and find a 1600 points card.

[quote name='shortaznkid99']I'm also super excited for Skyward Sword: CE. Josh, does the coupon work immediately after it prints? My thought was to possibly use it for some Black Friday purchases.[/QUOTE]

So you know that the guy that runs this thread is named Josh, but yet you don't know that all of the information is located in the OP? Fascinating...

:wii: Buy The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, either the game itself or the controller bundle, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Coupon valid starting on Thanksgiving Day, November 24.

I'm sorry, chriscolbert. I skipped straight down to the coming soon section and coupon guide and missed that. No reason to make a sarcastic remark.

[quote name='shortaznkid99']I'm sorry, chriscolbert. I skipped straight down to the coming soon section and coupon guide and missed that. No reason to make a sarcastic remark.[/QUOTE]

I bite my tongue more than most people in here but this thread is as long as it is because nobody seems to take a minute to look over the OP. I know it's massive but the Zelda info is right near the top. Had I wanted to be a jerk I wouldn't have bothered answering your question as well as referring you to where I found it. Consider it constructive criticism.

damn stores I went to were out of Super Mario Land 3DS. One place they said they only got a "few". I interpret that as less than 5...

I wanted to use my $15 coupon on it but too late now! I'm planning on using my $45 on Zelda (hope it's not oos) but can't use the $15 on anything and it expires Wed! I don't really want the Zelda bundle but will get that if I see it to get rid of my $15 coupon. Hopefully Josh can help out

I initially planned on heading out to Kmart tomorrow at open to pick up the Zelda Wiimote bundle but I'm not sure anymore.

I was at the store to do some early christmas toy shopping and stopped by the electronics section to ask if they would have Zelda out tomorrow morning. The two sales people there insisted that new games only come out on Tuesday and they do not put anything new out on weekends. I told them Nintendo games always release on Sundays but they were pretty firm on their statement, saying that the registers do not allow them ring up any new games until Tuesday.

Now I'm almost certain that the game will not be in the glass case tomorrow morning, and will probably be sold out if I return on Tuesday. How is it possible that Josh has been working so hard to improve the Kmart gaming department for almost a year and a half, but the store employees still can't get release dates right?

This is at the Astor Place store in NYC (big surprise there...).

[quote name='bang4dabuc']I initially planned on heading out to Kmart tomorrow at open to pick up the Zelda Wiimote bundle but I'm not sure anymore.

I was at the store to do some early christmas toy shopping and stopped by the electronics section to ask if they would have Zelda out tomorrow morning. The two sales people there insisted that new games only come out on Tuesday and they do not put anything new out on weekends. I told them Nintendo games always release on Sundays but they were pretty firm on their statement, saying that the registers do not allow them ring up any new games until Tuesday.

Now I'm almost certain that the game will not be in the glass case tomorrow morning, and will probably be sold out if I return on Tuesday. How is it possible that Josh has been working so hard to improve the Kmart gaming department for almost a year and a half, but the store employees still can't get release dates right?

This is at the Astor Place store in NYC (big surprise there...).[/QUOTE]

That's really bad considering we just Skyrim and Mario both launch on non-Tuesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back