KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought two copies of Skyrim a few weeks back to get the $50 in coupons for WWE'12, so I went back this morning to pick a copy up and hoping I wouldn't get caught up in one of the countless horror stories reported here. When I got back to the electronics, the cashier informed me that they didn't get their shipment in, I was the third person asking for it, he had checked the back, and at the other location in town it was the same story. This left me wondering what to do with my coupons since they expire tomorrow. So while I sat there chatting with him and looking at the display case wondering what I'd pick up, I noticed I still had my receipt from my Skyrim purchases. So the wheelin' dealin' gears went a' turnin' in my head and I asked if I used the coupons on a new copy of Skyrim, and then took it to the customer service desk with my old receipt, would I get a full refund and not some cash deduction due to me scoring coupons off that deal, to which he assured me everything should work out fine.

Indeed it did.

Got my $60 back no problem (though I was looking forward to continuing the coupon train with WWE'12's $20 printout) and left for Target and their $47 sales price...but unfortunately they were sold out, and had to head on up to Gamestop....which worked out since I had to get rid of some credit there anyways.

Overall not a bad experience, Kmart's game section is MUCH better than any of the Walmart's around here, and the employees seem to know what they're doing. THANK GOD I was carrying that receipt though. I'm all for heading back there for some video game deals next year.....but like others have said, if you move to a gift card bonus, there'd be much less hassle.

Also, great selection of music in the store. The Neverending Story theme played while I was anticipating a possible argument at the return desk, it eased my nerves a bit, lol.

[quote name='jbuck138']I checked the FAQ and didn't see this. I have a question about the offer for the $15 coupon for buying a game $40 or more that takes place in a week. Will I still get a $15 coupon if I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, or will that bring my total purchase to $39.99? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was wondering about this myself. Skyrim may have to wait once more.

I don't understand why so many stores don't have WWE '12 in stock. K-Mart and WWE have a merchandising partnership, and a special K-Mart promotional coupon as well. Why would a game that the company is pushing hard not have it on release day? It makes no sense.

[quote name='Shiftygism']I bought two copies of Skyrim a few weeks back to get the $50 in coupons for WWE'12, so I went back this morning to pick a copy up and hoping I wouldn't get caught up in one of the countless horror stories reported here. When I got back to the electronics, the cashier informed me that they didn't get their shipment in, I was the third person asking for it, he had checked the back, and at the other location in town it was the same story. This left me wondering what to do with my coupons since they expire tomorrow. So while I sat there chatting with him and looking at the display case wondering what I'd pick up, I noticed I still had my receipt from my Skyrim purchases. So the wheelin' dealin' gears went a' turnin' in my head and I asked if I used the coupons on a new copy of Skyrim, and then took it to the customer service desk with my old receipt, would I get a full refund and not some cash deduction due to me scoring coupons off that deal, to which he assured me everything should work out fine.

Indeed it did.

Got my $60 back no problem (though I was looking forward to continuing the coupon train with WWE'12's $20 printout) and left for Target and their $47 sales price...but unfortunately they were sold out, and had to head on up to Gamestop....which worked out since I had to get rid of some credit there anyways.

Overall not a bad experience, Kmart's game section is MUCH better than any of the Walmart's around here, and the employees seem to know what they're doing. THANK GOD I was carrying that receipt though. I'm all for heading back there for some video game deals next year.....but like others have said, if you move to a gift card bonus, there'd be much less hassle.

Also, great selection of music in the store. The Neverending Story theme played while I was anticipating a possible argument at the return desk, it eased my nerves a bit, lol.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to an account flag, population: you.

That is NOT how the deals work and Josh and his team have been watching the SYWR accounts for this type of behavior, so to speak...

[quote name='jbuck138']I checked the FAQ and didn't see this. I have a question about the offer for the $15 coupon for buying a game $40 or more that takes place in a week. Will I still get a $15 coupon if I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, or will that bring my total purchase to $39.99? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Yep!

[quote name='ISHCM']I had a real bad experience at the Kmart in Diamond Bar, CA Store#3169. I had called ahead of time to see if they had the Skyward Sword bundle with golden remote in stock and was told it was and they were going to hold it for me. I arrived and was told that it was no longer available and to come back Black Friday. I told the sales associate that I spoke with him on the phone and that he said he would hold it for me. He said he's sorry but the electronics manager told him they are holding stock for Black Friday. I told him that it's supposed to be on sale now and that he can't do that. He said there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to this electronics manager, but he refused to come out from the back.

I've alerted Josh of the situation, but I can only hope something can be done about this. fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Makes no sense since we do not have an offer on BF for Skyward Sword.....,

[quote name='Zaku77']Any definitive answer for K-Mart carrying the Zelda 3DS bundle? I'd like to go get it there ;)[/QUOTE]
We will not have it, I raised a pretty big stink to Nintendo about it as I really wanted it :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will not have it, I raised a pretty big stink to Nintendo about it as I really wanted it :)[/QUOTE]

I wouldve bought it from Kmart. But not Best Buy.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Welcome to an account flag, population: you.

That is NOT how the deals work and Josh and his team have been watching the SYWR accounts for this type of behavior, so to speak...[/QUOTE]
How am I at fault when they can't deliver on what they advertise and their employees approve it? It's not like I purposely went in trying to screw them out of $10.

I was looking forward to WWE'12 and picking up the $20 coupon that came along with it then returning next month to spend even more cash in a store I haven't shopped at in years.

[quote name='Keen314']
Today around 11AM, they sold their first copy of Zelda to anyone. It took upwards of an hour of labor on their part to get that one copy sold. Jesus.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all of your hard work! I went to the Lake St. Minneapolis K-Mart and bought (what appeared to be) the last bundle. It was sitting right on the shelf. The electronics department had NUMEROUS workers in it, and the one I dealt with was really friendly and knowledgeable. Totally opposite experience as you! I was in and out in about ten minutes.

[quote name='Shiftygism']How am I at fault when they can't deliver on what they advertise and their employees approve it? It's not like I purposely went in trying to screw them out of $10.

I was looking forward to WWE'12 and picking up the $20 coupon that came along with it then returning next month to spend even more cash in a store I haven't shopped at in years.[/QUOTE]

Just giving you a heads up.

Went to my local kmart with fingers crossed, but they told me they sold out of the Zelda bundle in a few hours on Sunday. Oh well. They had a ton of copies of the non-bundle, but I held off until tomorrow. I may end up buying the bundle at Gamestop instead if their stock indicator is right they have the bundle. No deal, of course. Bummer. If I knew for certain whether or not there would be more bundles made, I'd know with more certainty what to do. I'd rather have bought at kmart, but short of that I'd rather buy at amazon (for normal price).

Does anyone know how long it usually takes [email protected] to reply to an email? I purchased the 3DS last week and the 35$ coupon didn't print.

Edit: Nevermind. Just got an email resolving the issue. Thanks KmartGamer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped this evening and got the Zelda limited Bundle, using the batman coupon and the $20 coupon printed out... no issues at all. They even had TWO people around electronics, so i didn't have to hunt anyone down. They were very nice and talkative :)

[quote name='FlyingSpaghettiBeast']Can you use the 30 dollar coupon on black Friday sales?I want to pick up either MGS collection, Red dead GOTY or Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

I also wonder this (although its regarding the $20 Zelda coupon). The FAQ in the OP says the coupons 'activate' the following Sunday, but that specific deal for Zelda says:

* Coupon valid from Thanksgiving Day, November 24 through December 31.

So...if I'm reading that right you CAN use it on Black Friday...but I'm not certain.

Could someone please clarify? Thanks.

Picked up the Zelda bundle for $21.19 with $50 gcs @ store 3126. Craig was my cashier, he a great associate, found one for me when I couldn't.

The coupon express keeps a rollin'!

Went into my local Kmart, didn't see any copies of WWE 12 in for either system, no tags in the case. Turns out they were sitting in a box in the back. Guy found it brought them out. Paid $10.56 for it, got my coupon. Other than the short wait, was a pleasant experience. The OP says the coupons are good starting on the 24th, and the coupon says the 27th. I assume that if I go into Kmart on Thanksgiving I can use it on one of the X12 headsets?

Had my mom pick up WWE 12 while I was at school. She came in around 9:30 and the elderly gantleman who works in electronics was putting the game out. She said he was very helpful and knew all about the coupons, $20 off printed fine. This guy is really great though, he puts Nintendo games out on Sundays, and is just generally very helpful. Racine Wisconsin K-Mart rocks because of him.

Called my local kmart yesterday and they had sold out of the skyward sword bundles sunday. So this evening I went to my next closest kmart and they had 3 of them. So I got a couple of them and the guy was nice ringing them up seperately so I got both $20 coupons no problem. I almost got really greedy and getting the other one but figured I'd leave it for someone else. After this I went to walmart in the same town and they had at least 5 copies of the bundle. Now I'm beginning to wonder if this thing is as rare as ebay is making it out to be. Plus I checked online and every gamestop I checked had them shown as being in stock. I wouldn't care if nintendo did make a bunch of them so as everyone who wants one can get one.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']I also wonder this (although its regarding the $20 Zelda coupon). The FAQ in the OP says the coupons 'activate' the following Sunday, but that specific deal for Zelda says:

* Coupon valid from Thanksgiving Day, November 24 through December 31.

So...if I'm reading that right you CAN use it on Black Friday...but I'm not certain.

Could someone please clarify? Thanks.[/QUOTE]As you say, the coupon is valid from November 24th to December 31st. Black Friday is November 25th, which is between those two dates, so you are good to go.

[quote name='Gerry P.']As you say, the coupon is valid from November 24th to December 31st. Black Friday is November 25th, which is between those two dates, so you are good to go.[/QUOTE]

So this specific deal is an exception then. Thanks :)

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']So this specific deal is an exception then. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Yep Yep.. I can (re?) confirm the zelda coupon printed out states Nov 24h as the start date :)

Is Tekken Hybrid going to be carried in-store? I went to two K-marts and neither had it. I see it's disappeared from the 1st post. I have $50 in coupons that expires tomorrow, from $110 I wouldn't have spent if I knew K-mart wasn't going to carry Tekken Hybrid as was advertised in the 1st post until recently.

[quote name='Shiftygism']How am I at fault when they can't deliver on what they advertise and their employees approve it? It's not like I purposely went in trying to screw them out of $10.

I was looking forward to WWE'12 and picking up the $20 coupon that came along with it then returning next month to spend even more cash in a store I haven't shopped at in years.[/QUOTE]

You're fine, don't give it a second thought. They have much bigger issues to deal with.

[quote name='S_G']Is Tekken Hybrid going to be carried in-store? I went to two K-marts and neither had it. I see it's disappeared from the 1st post. I have $50 in coupons that expires tomorrow, from $110 I wouldn't have spent if I knew K-mart wasn't going to carry Tekken Hybrid as was advertised in the 1st post until recently.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm also highly disappointed by the disappearance of the Tekken deal.

Still there's plenty else to spend coupons on.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Makes no sense since we do not have an offer on BF for Skyward Sword.....,[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I kept repeating to the sales associate, but he said he couldn't really help me beyond that.

josh, quick question:

do you know if kmart will be getting any of the zelda bundles in stock in the near future or were the bundles just a limited first run? i ask because the case inside my bundle was broken and the soundtrack disc was loose in the case when i opened it. its alittle scratched up and i am extremely ocd when it comes to this. i just wanted to exchange my bundle for a new one but i cant do that if they dont have it in stock. also im pretty sure the upc on back of the bundle copy of the game is different then the upc on the back of the game only copy so i dont think i can exchange the game only.

thanks!

Any chance Kmart does another 5/110 deal since Best buy is doing another one? I ended up going to best buy last time but regret it, I'd love to get some of those december-march titles and get extra kmart gamer coupons with them on top of the 110.

Best Buy's new one doesn't have that great a selection either. Star Wars TOR, Final Fantasy, Soul Caliber, Luigi's Mansion, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Ninja Gaiden 3 and of course Mass Effect are all games I'm planning on getting early, would love to get them from Kmart.

Never shopped at KMart before but I have had two great experiences! Last week, I bought the 3ds and Mario 3ds for 230.xx after tax and received $50 in coupons. Then today, I was able to score the Zelda bundle for 21.xx after tax and coupons and received the $20 coupon for purchasing Zelda. This is much better than black friday on these particular items.

Kmart is doing it big!

[quote name='alrix']Any chance Kmart does another 5/110 deal since Best buy is doing another one? I ended up going to best buy last time but regret it, I'd love to get some of those december-march titles and get extra kmart gamer coupons with them on top of the 110.

Best Buy's new one doesn't have that great a selection either. Star Wars TOR, Final Fantasy, Soul Caliber, Luigi's Mansion, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Ninja Gaiden 3 and of course Mass Effect are all games I'm planning on getting early, would love to get them from Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, but has that 5/100 Best Buy deal been officially confirmed yet? I know the link someone posted locally to a store showing a list was up, but there's still no company-wide promotion for it on Best Buy's website or in-store. Maybe they're waiting till after Black Friday...

Still, I think many of these games will get the same treatment prior releases have; 59.99 releases, $20 coupon - $49.99 or less releases, $15 coupon. Works a lot better for me than BB's messed-up Reward Zone system that caused a lot of people headaches.

[quote name='S_G']Is Tekken Hybrid going to be carried in-store? I went to two K-marts and neither had it. I see it's disappeared from the 1st post. I have $50 in coupons that expires tomorrow, from $110 I wouldn't have spent if I knew K-mart wasn't going to carry Tekken Hybrid as was advertised in the 1st post until recently.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went to a couple of K-marts here too and couldn't find them (and the electronics department people had no idea what I was talking about lol). I definitely wouldn't have spent the 110 bucks on call of duty if I knew no tekken, but $50 psn card is still nice.

About to head out to see if my store has a vanilla copy of skyward sword to use my $35 coupon on to get another $20 coupon to get RDR GOTY for $10.

So, what's the deal with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? I know it was mentioned in the OP a week ago that it wasn't being carried by Kmart. Did that mean that it wouldn't be available for the B1G1 50% off week, or that Kmart would never sell it? I've got a few coupons left and I'm looking to end my train on that game.

[quote name='Silverspud']So, what's the deal with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? I know it was mentioned in the OP a week ago that it wasn't being carried by Kmart. Did that mean that it wouldn't be available for the B1G1 50% off week, or that Kmart would never sell it? I've got a few coupons left and I'm looking to end my train on that game.[/QUOTE]

Kmart WILL NOT have the game in any store. They still have too much stock of the original version left to justify stocking the new one.

Josh's crew hooked me up w/ a gift card since I never recieved my $15/35 coupons, even though it wasn't here for the b1 g1 half off or black friday stuff, It's still better than the nothing I was expecting :)

From my personal experience, the coupon train derailed, customer service sucked, but the reps here made it right by me...

Hi, I was just reading the coupons I got from 2 copies of skyward sword. I know you have to use each in seperate transactions but now I'm wondering once you use one will it even let you use another of the same coupon in another transaction? I'm definately using one on mario kart 7 and would like to use the other on possibly saints row the third. Thanks.

Finally decided to go back and get Zelda (non-bundle) and a 1600 MS points card, using my $50 in gaming coupons. Worked without a hitch and got my $20 gaming coupon.

Question, though. If I were to happen upon a bundle at another kmart, could I exchange and pay the difference, some day in the near future?

[quote name='crunchewy']Finally decided to go back and get Zelda (non-bundle) and a 1600 MS points card, using my $50 in gaming coupons. Worked without a hitch and got my $20 gaming coupon.

Question, though. If I were to happen upon a bundle at another kmart, could I exchange and pay the difference, some day in the near future?[/QUOTE]
As long as you don't open the non-bundle, i don't see why not.

[quote name='TheNeck']As long as you don't open the non-bundle, i don't see why not.[/QUOTE]

Because he used a coupon.

The manager would have to step in.

Does anyone know if Kmart sells the Mario Kart Wii bundle in black? If I can get that with the $35 gaming coupon, that would be good!

OP updated with Newest Save Game post

These are the unadvertised sales:

THANKSGIVING DAY Thursday, November 24th and "BLUE FRIDAY" November 25th:

:pc: Darkspore $9.99
:pc: The Sims Medieval $19.99
:pc: Crysis 2 $29.99

THANKSGIVING DAY Thursday, November 24th
through Sunday, November 27th:

:wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99 (ads only had :360: and :ps3: version at that price)

"BLUE FRIDAY" November 25th:

:pc: Portal 2 $19.99
:pc: Dragon Age 2 $19.99

"BLUE FRIDAY" November 25th through Sunday, November 27th:

:360::ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $7.99 (overrides BF ad price at $9.99)
:360::ps3: Splatterhouse $7.99

[quote name='TheNeck']As long as you don't open the non-bundle, i don't see why not.[/QUOTE]

You can do that for a fact, but you would have to cover the $50 coupon. Coupons can only be used once and if returned for another item (as in your case), you would have to cover the difference and the $50 coupon. Believe me, workers and managers at Kmart would fail a second grade math test if given. They literally don't know how to apply common sense to situations. COMPLETE DUMBASS'S work at both Kmart in Queens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back