KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just at the San Mateo, CA Kmart this morning and saw MW3 (xbox360) for $50.

It had one of those sale tag on it. I hadn't heard anything (or see any in the OP) about this but is it on sale? I didn't check/look very carefully since I already have the game but was just curious

Last edited by a moderator:
Rayman Origins better have a deep discount....around $34.99. That game is supposed to be pretty good based on the reviews, but nobody even bought it because there was so many hardcore AAA games released on and around the release day of Rayman, lol.

$34.99 would be a decent purchase for RO.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']Odd that Kmart won't carry Ultimate MvC3. Does anyone know if they carry King of Fighters XIII?[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how KOF XIII is a niche game and probably won't sell all that well, it most likely will not be carried at K-Mart.

[quote name='EducAsian']Rayman Origins better have a deep discount....around $34.99. That game is supposed to be pretty good based on the reviews, but nobody even bought it because there was so many hardcore AAA games released on and around the release day of Rayman, lol.

$34.99 would be a decent purchase for RO.[/QUOTE]

you realize it was $39.99 on amazon LD just today right? I don't know if Kmart can get to $35.

Hmm, I know that if i use a coupon, i'd still get the 15 coupon, but what about the card for spending over 50? Maybe I should just wait until this is over to start using my coupons (the one right now is from zelda)

If you can wait until December to use your coupons, you're getting more mileage out of November's 2x base points as well. It's not much, but something to consider.

I'm curious as to what SYWR promo(s) we'll see before Christmas. Seems more than likely there will be at least one.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Hmm, I know that if i use a coupon, i'd still get the 15 coupon, but what about the card for spending over 50? Maybe I should just wait until this is over to start using my coupons (the one right now is from zelda)[/QUOTE]

I got the card as well. And it was auto-applied. (no idea why)

My receipt looked something like:

$60
-20 coupon
-$5 award card
----
3x.xx

got the $15 coupon for spending $40 as well.

Question. If I get Mario kart with a filler game next week, would i get 2 15 coupon? One for Mario Kart and one for over $40? Would applying the skyward sword coupon affect the $40+ coupon?

I got saints row the third and $15 coupon using a $20 coupon and got the $5 gift card. So I asked when I could use it and he said right now so I used my other $20 coupon on skyrim but then it wouldn't take off the $20. So he called a couple of times for help and voided the card and used just the $20 coupon and I got my 2 $5 gift cards back. I then shopped and checked out upfront and had the gift cards and the girl asked if I had just got the gift cards and I said yes and she said they could not be used until Dec 5th I believe. So I did not get the jacket I was looking at. Can anyone else confirm that the $5 gift cards for spending over $50 won't work until dec 5th?

[quote name='ps2emotions']Can anyone else confirm that the $5 gift cards for spending over $50 won't work until dec 5th?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would love to know this as well. I know the $15 gaming coupon for spending over $50 starts December 4th which is the same day as the release as Mario Kart 7 so I'd like to spend my $5 gift card on MK7 as well. I'll Probably just buy Mario Kart on Monday just to make sure that the $5 gift card processes.

I just went to K-mart and it's a disaster, they had me coming back and forth from the games dept. to the customer service several times. I got 2 $20 coupons from last week's Limited Edition Zelda: Skyward Sword bundle, the 2 coupons didn't print right because there was a thick blank line through the middle paper which the serial # & barcode cannot be seen, so today they told me I have to pay in customer service.

She said I couldn't use the $20 coupons on $20 Wii points card & $20 3DS card since they're not real games. I went back and got 2 $19.99 Wii games and she said I can't because they have to be over $20, omg. I went back and got 2 cheap games for the $20 coupon, and Kirby Return to Dreamland worth $49.99. Since the coupons had that blank line & didn't work, the cashier took off $20 so it became $29.99 and no $15 coupon printed. Was there supposed to be $15 coupon printed or not?

Still haven't received my compensation gift card from when I bought Uncharted 3 on November 1st and the coupon never printed and I emailed kmartgamer and had them ship me the gc. They said the first one shipped but I never got it and so they'd ship a second one and still haven't received that one. This is awesome!

I've got a question.

I picked up Halo AE for $15 after $20 gaming coupon and $5 worth of points and have not opened the box yet. Can I return it and get the 20 gaming coupon and $5 dollars worth of points back?. I rather use that $20 coupon for Mario Kart 7 and then use the $15 coupon from Mario Kart 7 to get Halo AE.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Still haven't received my compensation gift card from when I bought Uncharted 3 on November 1st and the coupon never printed and I emailed kmartgamer and had them ship me the gc. They said the first one shipped but I never got it and so they'd ship a second one and still haven't received that one. This is awesome![/QUOTE]

I'm sorta in the same boat. Still waiting for a replacement gift card. I hope all will be okay in the end.

[quote name='dinokill']I've got a question.

I picked up Halo AE for $15 after $20 gaming coupon and $5 worth of points and have not opened the box yet. Can I return it and get the 20 gaming coupon and $5 dollars worth of points back?. I rather use that $20 coupon for Mario Kart 7 and then use the $15 coupon from Mario Kart 7 to get Halo AE.[/QUOTE]
As far as the coupons go, they are one time use only. So no, you will not get your coupon back. I'm not sure about the SWYR points.

I'm hoping my gift card arrives before Mario Kart. I'd love to pair the card with the $20 coupon from Zelda...then the $15 coupon can go towards a DS game for my nephew for Christmas.

[quote name='ripoffer']
She said I couldn't use the $20 coupons on $20 Wii points card & $20 3DS card since they're not real games.[/QUOTE]

so wait we can't use these coupons for xbox/ps3/wii cards or was this just a misunderstanding on the employees part.

[quote name='youenvy']so wait we can't use these coupons for xbox/ps3/wii cards or was this just a misunderstanding on the employees part.[/QUOTE]

It was employee error.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Still haven't received my compensation gift card from when I bought Uncharted 3 on November 1st and the coupon never printed and I emailed kmartgamer and had them ship me the gc. They said the first one shipped but I never got it and so they'd ship a second one and still haven't received that one. This is awesome![/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I'm still waiting too...

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm curiuos:

I got the 3ds mario land and have the $15 coupon. This week, there's a $15 coupon if you buy a $40 game. Could I use this coupon for a second copy of the 3ds mario land and get a new coupon in time for next week?

[quote name='Neg']Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm curiuos:

I got the 3ds mario land and have the $15 coupon. This week, there's a $15 coupon if you buy a $40 game. Could I use this coupon for a second copy of the 3ds mario land and get a new coupon in time for next week?[/QUOTE]

Well, $39.99 is not $40, so as long as you add another game to go over you'll get the coupon.

Same here, I'm supposed to be getting compensated for not getting the $35 coupon from the 110/50 deal and still waiting. Good to know I'm not the only one at least...I guess.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Same here, I'm supposed to be getting compensated for not getting the $35 coupon from the 110/50 deal and still waiting. Good to know I'm not the only one at least...I guess.[/QUOTE]
I've made a general inquiry into what may be causing this, I've seen an uptick with people complaining on this.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've made a general inquiry into what may be causing this, I've seen an uptick with people complaining on this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had an issue as well. Any chance that people at the post office are catching on to what envelopes contain a Kmart gift card and are swiping them?
Any chance Kmart can use some form of tracking or delivery confirmation on them?
Or at the very least, keep track of which cards are supposed to go where and to keep an eye on when and where they get used?
I have a feeling that some a-hole at the post office is ripping off Kmart quite a bit.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've made a general inquiry into what may be causing this, I've seen an uptick with people complaining on this.[/QUOTE]

Just emailed Mark this morning about my G/C from the Uncharted PS3 bundle as well.. Still havn't received mine either.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Yeah, I had an issue as well. Any chance that people at the post office are catching on to what envelopes contain a Kmart gift card and are swiping them?
Any chance Kmart can use some form of tracking or delivery confirmation on them?
Or at the very least, keep track of which cards are supposed to go where and to keep an eye on when and where they get used?
I have a feeling that some a-hole at the post office is ripping off Kmart quite a bit.[/QUOTE]
I'm a little worried about it, about 100 people have needed us to resend. Definitely enough for me to make an investigation into a process issue. Mark is definitely doing everything correctly on our end.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm a little worried about it, about 100 people have needed us to resend. Definitely enough for me to make an investigation into a process issue. Mark is definitely doing everything correctly on our end.[/QUOTE]

If I haven't received any GC's from Mark/KmartGamer from three different issues, should I contact and request again?

The first issue being from the Batman Arkham City promo.

[quote name='confoosious']I dont give a rats ass about "most" people's disdain for me. You failed to back up what you were saying, which is that the DLC can be had for the preordering of a title, and not the actual purchase of the title. Your failure to back up your argument makes me lose interest, not the fact that I disagree with what you said.

if what you said was true, I could just walk into Gamestop, preorder something and demand they give me the DLC without actually buying the title. You agreed that would not happen. So therefore, you CAN'T do what you initially suggested was doable.[/QUOTE]

On the topic of DLC, I've always wondered why we as consumers even allow these software companies to offer different versions of DLC for the same game, which is store dependent. Take the whole MK fiasco for example. Different stores were selling the game with different character costumes. DLC and bonus content should NOT be used such that it causes a shopper to purchase a game from one vendor as opposed to another, nor should they be used as an incentive to pre-order a game just to get the DLC. It is PRICE that should be used to sway the buyer, and ONLY price. The way it is now, we have less buying power. We need to make a push to keep all the DLC the same across the board for new game releases, and leave it up to the stores to compete with each other by LOWERING their prices or offering coupons. This would limit the 100 auctions for DLC only on ebay every time there is a new release that has a DLC or bonus content packaged with it. Everyone would have the same exact content when they got the game.

I though the community was made up of CAGs rather than a bunch of consumers that like to allow themselves to be taken advantage of though DLC opportunities.

Im going to try and get mario kart 7 on sunday at k-mart. They refused to sell me ocarina of time, kirby dreamland, and mario land 3d on sundays

[quote name='sadboy']Whoever is ripping everyone off is either very smart or very dumb.[/QUOTE]

Probably some worker at a post office that will find his way to a life of imprisonment.

Any chance of seeing a $15-$20 price for Witcher 2? I know it's been in that price range as a download, but I don't want to have to download the game for 24 hours before I get to play it (took me 27 hours to download the 17GB file for DC Universe earlier this month.)

The OP doesn't mention this; if I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?

[quote name='Keen314']The OP doesn't mention this; if I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Im going to try and get mario kart 7 on sunday at k-mart. They refused to sell me ocarina of time, kirby dreamland, and mario land 3d on sundays[/QUOTE]

No offense but you must be a glutton for punishment then.

You really think the 4th time will be a charm?

[quote name='wargod']On the topic of DLC, I've always wondered why we as consumers even allow these software companies to offer different versions of DLC for the same game, which is store dependent. Take the whole MK fiasco for example. Different stores were selling the game with different character costumes. DLC and bonus content should NOT be used such that it causes a shopper to purchase a game from one vendor as opposed to another, nor should they be used as an incentive to pre-order a game just to get the DLC. It is PRICE that should be used to sway the buyer, and ONLY price. The way it is now, we have less buying power. We need to make a push to keep all the DLC the same across the board for new game releases, and leave it up to the stores to compete with each other by LOWERING their prices or offering coupons. This would limit the 100 auctions for DLC only on ebay every time there is a new release that has a DLC or bonus content packaged with it. Everyone would have the same exact content when they got the game.

I though the community was made up of CAGs rather than a bunch of consumers that like to allow themselves to be taken advantage of though DLC opportunities.[/QUOTE]

Because people want what they want. If I'd rather have mileena than scorpion, then that's my own prerogative. I don't feel taken advantage of because I choose one retailer over another. They have what I want and I want to buy it. The free hand of the marketplace is a beautiful thing.

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people still waiting for the replacement Kirby deal giftcard. I waited some extra time because of Thanksgiving holiday but it's still not here. Not really complaining, but just pointing it out so that Josh can get the whole scope of the problem--most likely at the post office, by what's been said. Thanks for following up on this for all of us.

I appreciate the feedback on the missing giftcards Josh. I was hoping to get mine to use for Black Friday, but it never showed. Still dont have it here. I emailed Mark again, and I dont fault you guys. Might be true someone is ganking them at the post office. Perhaps you could find some way to digitally deliver them to prevent theft?

If you use a $30 gaming coupon on a $60 should you get the $5 awards card? The people ringing me up scanned the coupon and then the card but said they couldn't give it to me since my value was $32 after tax and they saved it for the next customer...

[quote name='Waynetid']If you use a $30 gaming coupon on a $60 should you get the $5 awards card? The people ringing me up scanned the coupon and then the card but said they couldn't give it to me since my value was $32 after tax and they saved it for the next customer...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bet that's what they did. They "saved" it. I've heard of some people getting fired for "saving" gift cards. Got to talk to some nice policemen, too.

[quote name='Waynetid']If you use a $30 gaming coupon on a $60 should you get the $5 awards card? The people ringing me up scanned the coupon and then the card but said they couldn't give it to me since my value was $32 after tax and they saved it for the next customer...[/QUOTE]

They told me the same thing but the $5 was taken off my purchase immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back