KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']When the guy brought out the Zelda box, everything in it was Zelda.[/QUOTE]

Every Nintendo Sunday release I've gone in for was this way as well. Box of just Zelda, box of just Mario, box of just Pokemon.

Naturally, the only reason I know this is that I had to ask them to find each of these.

[quote name='DPsycho']Every Nintendo Sunday release I've gone in for was this way as well. Box of just Zelda, box of just Mario, box of just Pokemon.

Naturally, the only reason I know this is that I had to ask them to find each of these.[/QUOTE]

right. which leads me to believe there's no way that nintendo box could be marked "Tuesday release" unless nintendo or their distributors are retarded.

Okay so I tried using a $20 coupon I got from BF3 for a $20 3DS card...and it didn't go through. I can recall using coupons in the past for $20 xbox points and psn cards and it worked fine. Am I missing something?

[quote name='sasuke543']Okay so I tried using a $20 coupon I got from BF3 for a $20 3DS card...and it didn't go through. I can recall using coupons in the past for $20 xbox points and psn cards and it worked fine. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]Aren't Nintendo points cards $19.99 rather than $20? If so, then that is your issue. Your purchase must be greater than the value of the coupon.

[quote name='Xellos2099']This kmart claim they didn't receive Mario kart 7, also claim they never receive Zelda bundle back weeks ago. [/QUOTE]
Just a FYI, Kmart didn't carry the Zelda 3DS system bundle. At all.
They have the red Mario Bundle and now the pink Nintendogs Bundle. No Zelda systems.

As for Mario Kart, your store's associates are lazy a-holes. That's about all there is to that.

Post # 3 says that coupons "They are currently not able to be redeemed online"

If I purchase something online and get a $50 coupon, I can't use the coupon online on my next purchase? Is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found out the $30 gaming coupon that I got with Batman:AC expired on the third, i was going to pick up Skyrim today. Is there anything I can do?

[quote name='deviant savant']I just found out the $30 gaming coupon that I got with Batman:AC expired on the third, i was going to pick up Skyrim today. Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]
Of course. Start paying attention.

You guys better not drag your feet on mario kart 7. I went to kmart last night after work and they had 3 copies so I got a copy using a $15 coupon and the $15 coupon printed out no problem. Thanks Josh once again for the great deals.

Just a heads up for anyone that still has copies of LAST year's (2010-2011) coupon savings guide calendar thing (the small booklet that had a few $5 off $50 coupons valid for a few months in it.) Last year's December 2011 offer included a $5 off $50 coupon.
There's a new version of the calendar (2011-2012) that, at least in my store, is available in Layaway mainly. On it there's a $5 off $50 coupon valid in December 2011.

Both of these $5 off $50 coupons will stack! (at least, they did at my store last night when I tried it.)
Of course the remaining total would have to be over $50 for the second coupon to activate, but it's essentially a $10 off $55 value.

[quote name='deviant savant']I just found out the $30 gaming coupon that I got with Batman:AC expired on the third, i was going to pick up Skyrim today. Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

To give you a more sypathetic response than you received because no one wants to lose out on a $30 coupon, sorry to say that you are pretty much out of luck on this one. Kmart counts on a small percentage of people losing or forgetting to use their coupons before they expire and you have fallen into this percentage.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I will now slam my head into my keyboard...I wish we could sell video games.[/QUOTE]
Went back this morning and they were magically on display. Used $20 off coupon and picked up the $15 off coupon.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']To give you a more sypathetic response than you received because no one wants to lose out on a $30 coupon, sorry to say that you are pretty much out of luck on this one. Kmart counts on a small percentage of people losing or forgetting to use their coupons before they expire and you have fallen into this percentage.[/QUOTE]Thank you for that, I imagined something along those lines. I'll just wait for the GOTY edition, maybe they'll work the kinks out of Skyrim by then.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Aren't Nintendo points cards $19.99 rather than $20? If so, then that is your issue. Your purchase must be greater than the value of the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Wii points yes, 3DS cards are just straight cash, not points, and are $20.

[quote name='confoosious']right. which leads me to believe there's no way that nintendo box could be marked "Tuesday release" unless nintendo or their distributors are retarded.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that the box they brought out with Ocarina of Time 3D actually had the Sunday release date on the outside. Unless I'm remembering wrong or that has changed it seems like Nintendo stuff does in fact come in separate boxes.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that the box they brought out with Ocarina of Time 3D actually had the Sunday release date on the outside. Unless I'm remembering wrong or that has changed it seems like Nintendo stuff does in fact come in separate boxes.[/QUOTE]

The Skyward Sword box was only Nintendo Stuff (actually, I think it was ONLY Skyward Sword). I was there at opening (same store) to get my bundle and, yes, we all had to wait for the employee to find the box since he had no idea that the game was to be released that day. Of course, I was #4 in line and they got exactly three bundles. Crimeny. (I did manage to get one of the TWO copies a store about 15 minutes away received, thanks to an employee who held one for me.).

I didn't see the box yesterday, but I suspect that the manager was just trying to cover her ass after I so matter-of-factly proved to her that Mario Kart 7, the game she claimed they "never got," was indeed in stock... and had been received at the store SIX DAYS prior to release!!

I really don't know how the employees in the electronics section can be so clueless sometime. It blows my mind.

Picked up Mario Kart today. Had to wait for a couple minutes for them to get it from the back room. Everything went smooth and I got a new $15 coupon.They wouldn't let me stack a $15 gaming coupon with the $5 awards card though, so I just used the $15 GC on MK7.

[quote name='deviant savant']Thank you for that, I imagined something along those lines. I'll just wait for the GOTY edition, maybe they'll work the kinks out of Skyrim by then.[/QUOTE]

If your on PS3 good luck, the lead dev for Fallout: NV (granted from Obsidian) said on the Bethesda forums that unless the Gamebyro engine is rebuilt from the ground up, the PS3 version will always have more problems than PC/360.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Picked up Mario Kart today. Had to wait for a couple minutes for them to get it from the back room. Everything went smooth and I got a new $15 coupon.They wouldn't let me stack a $15 gaming coupon with the $5 awards card though, so I just used the $15 GC on MK7.[/QUOTE]

Having to wait for them to fetch a game from the back (a game that was released yesterday) and not being able to use your gaming coupon doesn't sound "smooth" at all.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Having to wait for them to fetch a game from the back (a game that was released yesterday) and not being able to use your gaming coupon doesn't sound "smooth" at all.[/QUOTE]

I was allowed to use my $15 gaming coupon, but not the $5 Awards Cards from spending $50. The machine wouldn't let them stack so that was understandable. Yeah I guess it really wasn't smooth now that I think of about it :lol:. At least they were very friendly though and didn't give me attitude when going into the backroom and bringing me out MK7.

[quote name='Metal Militia']I was allowed to use my $15 gaming coupon, but not the $5 Awards Cards from spending $50. The machine wouldn't let them stack so that was understandable. Yeah I guess it really wasn't smooth now that I think of about it :lol:. At least they were very friendly though and didn't give me attitude when going into the backroom and bringing me out MK7.[/QUOTE]

Ahh... I thought it was another one of these "the employee wouldn't let me stack the coupons..." stories. Why people just don't go to the managers when that happens blows me away. I was told yesterday that Mario Kart 7 was absolutely not anywhere in the store... I said, "Well, let me talk to a manager, and we'll see about that." Of course it was in the store. Of course it was. Blargh.

Either way, though... you got the game. :cool:

[quote name='Metal Militia']I was allowed to use my $15 gaming coupon, but not the $5 Awards Cards from spending $50. The machine wouldn't let them stack so that was understandable.[/QUOTE]

I made to 2 separate $50+ purchases last week and received 2 $5 Awards Card. I was able to buy MK7 with a $15 gaming coupon and 2 $5 Awards Card in one transaction. I checked out at the front register because the electronics dept. substitute em

[quote name='Metal Militia']I was allowed to use my $15 gaming coupon, but not the $5 Awards Cards from spending $50. The machine wouldn't let them stack so that was understandable.[/QUOTE]

I made 2 separate $50+ purchases last week and received 2 $5 Awards Card. I was able to buy MK7 with a $15 gaming coupon and 2 $5 Awards Card in one transaction. I checked out at the front register because the electronics dept. substitute employee didnt know how to operate the register.

Also, make sure you look in the glass case behind the display games for MK7. My local Kmart had them stacked behind one display copy of Super Mario 3D Land.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']
I really don't know how the employees in the electronics section can be so clueless sometime. It blows my mind.[/QUOTE]

Especially when March 2012 will mark two years of Josh and crew bringing us these deals.

Its unbelievable how your average K-Mart employee, or electronics manager, or general manager or store manager can still be so clueless after two years.

I'm shocked they haven't found themselves back in bankruptcy... again. I don't do a lot of other shopping at K-Mart but I imagine the problems in video games are indicative of how the store functions as a whole.

[quote name='aptanor']...[/QUOTE]
So I just got off the phone with the K-Mart CS people who now are claiming they don't have the ability to send K-Mart gift cards. The person I talked to initially "must have been new and thought he could," and instead of a $20 GC they are (supposedly) going to send me a $10 coupon. How a company doesn't have the ability to send out their own gift cards I can't quite understand, but whatever. I also just realized the $30 arkham city coupon I've been holding on to waiting for the fictitious gift card expired 2 days ago. Awesome.

The brain surgeons at my local K-Mart somehow thought it would be a good idea to place Mario Kart 7 in the upper-left corner of the games case, completely obscured by a large ESRB ratings explanation window cling. You can't even tell it's there unless you press your face right up against the glass and manage to make out the visible portion of the cover. But hey, I guess it's good that they had it out at all?

Had no trouble getting MK7 today. Used my $20 coupon and got the $15 coupon. I'm glad I've got a Kmart that seems a bit more together than others.

Yikes my local store, which doesn't show up on google maps/directory :mad: has 3 MK7 left

I called ahead and had them check out the UPC 045496741747 and hold it for me

I'm glad for all these coupons but boy stock is limited

I found Yakuza 3 at my Kmart in their new clearance bin. It was stickered at 19.99 so I used my $15 coupon. However it rang up at 14.99 and I had to get a filler game to be able to use the coupon.

But yeah, in case anyone is wondering, Yakuza 3 is 14.99. There was no sticker over the UPC, so it should ring up as such at all Kmarts. Figured some might be interested , since a lot of us got Yakuza 4 recently.

Are coupons tradeable or are they tied to a specific SYWR card? I'd love to be able to take advantage of the $10 off most 3DS games this week, but I'm stuck with the $15 off coupon from Mario Kart that starts next Saturday :(

Buy any 250GB Xbox 360 for $299.99, get a $50 gaming coupon.
* Gaming coupon valid from December 11, 2011 through January 21, 2012....
Does this work on buying a modern warfare 3 Xbox 360 console? I was planning on putting it on layaway and paying it off.

[quote name='BamNanas']Buy any 250GB Xbox 360 for $299.99, get a $50 gaming coupon.
* Gaming coupon valid from December 11, 2011 through January 21, 2012....
Does this work on buying a modern warfare 3 Xbox 360 console? I was planning on putting it on layaway and paying it off.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but I doubt it, since those bundles are 320 GB.

[quote name='confoosious']Can someone tell me if the Mario LAN 3ds included in the bundle is a full game./retail package? (sorry can't search )[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Mario, but I picked up the Zelda 3DS bundle and the game WAS a full retail game in standard plastic clamshell case. Only difference was a "NOT FOR RESALE" blurb above the barcode on the back of the case, but nothing on the cart itself. Came with a Club Nintendo code and all.
If the Nintendogs and Mario Land bundles are packaged the same way, I'd assume they are full retail copies complete with case and all.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Not sure about Mario, but I picked up the Zelda 3DS bundle and the game WAS a full retail game in standard plastic clamshell case. Only difference was a "NOT FOR RESALE" blurb above the barcode on the back of the case, but nothing on the cart itself. Came with a Club Nintendo code and all.
If the Nintendogs and Mario Land bundles are packaged the same way, I'd assume they are full retail copies complete with case and all.[/QUOTE]

thanks. For some reason I thought it was only $20 more but it's $30 more for the mario bundle. I'll just get the flame red by itself.

So if were to get a 19.99 3ds card with a $20 coupon what would be a good filler to get it over 20? I don't really want to spend that much right now...

[quote name='sasuke543']So if were to get a 19.99 3ds card with a $20 coupon what would be a good filler to get it over 20? I don't really want to spend that much right now...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the 3DS cards are $20 since they are based on actual currency now and not points. You're buying a card worth $20, not a set number of Nintendo Points. They should ring up at $20 just like PSN cards.
Now Wii or DSi cards, THOSE are still points.

Post # 3 says that coupons "They are currently not able to be redeemed online"

If I purchase something online and get a $50 coupon, I can't use the coupon online on my next purchase? Is that right?

[quote name='sasuke543']So if were to get a 19.99 3ds card with a $20 coupon what would be a good filler to get it over 20? I don't really want to spend that much right now...[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is going to post 6( i think it's six) and checking out the clearance titles. Some good titles on there for $12.99/$14.99. If you're just looking for the cheapest possible thing, I went with chicken Blaster for the Wii for $3.99. I figured since I just got a Wii from them yesterday and enjoy choking the chicken, that I would enjoy blasting them. And even if the game sucks real bad, it's 3.99. Even the cheapest CAGs can deal with that hit.

I know this is late but I see on the OP that the 5% coupon on sunday didn't stack with gaming coupons when it actually did. I used it on my purchase of MK7 on Sunday and the 5% took off $2 and then used a $20 GC so it was $19.61 with tax

Any news about a deal for Dark Souls this month? I have a $20 coupon from Skyward Sword I'd like to use, but I'm deciding between Dark Souls and Deus Ex.

I think I'd prefer Dark Souls, but with Deus Ex being on sale this week I'd like to maximize the value of the coupon.

Got y gift card today as well. Just one question, I got the Sears giftcard, is it valid at Kmart as the back says only valid at Sears Roebuck and Co.

[quote name='zeldaking']Post # 3 says that coupons "They are currently not able to be redeemed online"

If I purchase something online and get a $50 coupon, I can't use the coupon online on my next purchase? Is that right?[/QUOTE]

The coupon FAQ, as well as this thread as a whole, refers to KMart B&M promotions. KMart's online store is a separate enterprise and not overseen by Josh.

The coupon you earned by buying something online will function however the coupon itself says it will, and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it says it can be used online but not in store.

You probably didn't realize that your question was irrelevant to this thread, both times you asked, but now you know, and knowing... well, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back