KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jgiovanni']Got y gift card today as well. Just one question, I got the Sears giftcard, is it valid at Kmart as the back says only valid at Sears Roebuck and Co.[/QUOTE]

The last I knew Sears and Kmart Gift cards are interchangeable. So it should work at either store.

I picked up mario Kart 7 on Sunday using a $15 coupon and got another coupon, now to decide what to use it on. I also was psyched to find The Simpson's Game for PS3 in store for $15 used my SYW account balance and got it down to $7. I had been watching for a deal on it to replace my Wii version which was inferior to the PS3 one.

No luck with Mario Kart at my local store, I want to pick it up and use that coupon to get me Fortune Street and probably end my coupon ride for a minute or at least until I find something else to make me spend money I shouldn't.

[quote name='brernurse']The last I knew Sears and Kmart Gift cards are interchangeable. So it should work at either store.[/QUOTE]

Yep... Sears Holdings Corporation owns Kmart (hence the "SHC" in Josh's CAG handle). The gift cards work at any of their associated stores.

just got my giftcards too(from the Uncharted 3/Headset bundle). And i have used Sears giftcards at Kmart w/o problem. Thanks again Josh and company

[quote name='DPsycho']The coupon FAQ, as well as this thread as a whole, refers to KMart B&M promotions. KMart's online store is a separate enterprise and not overseen by Josh.

The coupon you earned by buying something online will function however the coupon itself says it will, and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it says it can be used online but not in store.

You probably didn't realize that your question was irrelevant to this thread, both times you asked, but now you know, and knowing... well, yeah.[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='confoosious']Can someone tell me if the Mario LAN 3ds included in the bundle is a full game./retail package? (sorry can't search )[/QUOTE]

It's in an actual 3DS case and is almost identical, but it does say "Not For Resale" or something on the back that indicates it was made for the bundle. Perfectly acceptable to gift, but not to sell to Amazon.

[quote name='Metal Militia']I was allowed to use my $15 gaming coupon, but not the $5 Awards Cards from spending $50. The machine wouldn't let them stack so that was understandable. Yeah I guess it really wasn't smooth now that I think of about it :lol:. At least they were very friendly though and didn't give me attitude when going into the backroom and bringing me out MK7.[/QUOTE]

The award cards should stack with the coupons. Yesterday on one transaction, I used 3 coupons and then 2 $5 award cards, and it all went fine. You have to do the coupons first, because the award cards are a form of payment rather than a discount. But insist the store try it; those award cards are essentially gift cards, they should be as good as cash.

Used my $40/$15gc+$5ac to get Tetris Axis for 30 cents.

I also used $25gc+$15gc+5%coupon to get MK7 and Fossil Fighters for $12 and change on 12/4.

Kmart is the best place to buy games in 2011, that's all.

[quote name='adamical']It's in an actual 3DS case and is almost identical, but it does say "Not For Resale" or something on the back that indicates it was made for the bundle. Perfectly acceptable to gift, but not to sell to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. Do exchanges affect the original coupon? It looks like I'm gonna have to exchange my Wii and I was wondering if i do will that have any affect on the coupon. I'm guessing no, but still want to confirm.

[quote name='JP73']I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. Do exchanges affect the original coupon? It looks like I'm gonna have to exchange my Wii and I was wondering if i do will that have any affect on the coupon. I'm guessing no, but still want to confirm.[/QUOTE]

YMMV. It depends on what you're doing. Is the Wii broken or something and you want to do an even exchange? I wouldn't think that would cause problems, but a return/rebuy would mean you should surrender the old coupon and get the new one; trying to use a coupon from a returned purchase would flag your account.

If there is something wrong with the Wii, I would also suggest calling Nintendo, as it comes with a 1-year warranty.

[quote name='adamical']YMMV. It depends on what you're doing. Is the Wii broken or something and you want to do an even exchange? I wouldn't think that would cause problems, but a return/rebuy would mean you should surrender the old coupon and get the new one; trying to use a coupon from a returned purchase would flag your account.

If there is something wrong with the Wii, I would also suggest calling Nintendo, as it comes with a 1-year warranty.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's malfunctioning right out the box. Basically, there is a somewhat loud noise, sounding like a fan, coming out of the console at all times when a disc is inside. I mean, the whole time. And it's constantly loud. My old Red Wii didn't do it, and I've asked some friends, one who even posted the question for me on another forum, and it seems pretty unanimous that it is not normal. I could just leave the console on for half an hour and not play the disc, but as long as it is inside, the fan noise will keep going.

And yeah, that's what i want, an even exchange. If they don't have any more( I got the Mario kart bundle) then I'll return the coupon, get a refund, and rebuy at another Kmart. I don't really want to go through Nintendo, since I just bought the console and it's in the return period. I didn't buy a new console so that i can instantly send it back to them, wait a few weeks, and then get a tampered with/refurbished console.

[quote name='JP73']I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. Do exchanges affect the original coupon? It looks like I'm gonna have to exchange my Wii and I was wondering if i do will that have any affect on the coupon. I'm guessing no, but still want to confirm.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, Kmart does not know how to do exchanges, which should be fairly simple. They would most likely do a return on the Wii (I'm assuming it is not used) and you would buy a new one. The coupon used from the previous purchase would be lost but the manager could override the price to match your original price after the coupon. I had an issue one time and this is how they fixed it.

Edit: I just read it has been used which will really screw them up at customer service...

[quote name='adamical']It's in an actual 3DS case and is almost identical, but it does say "Not For Resale" or something on the back that indicates it was made for the bundle. Perfectly acceptable to gift, but not to sell to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's the same way Zelda Skyward Sword is from the Wii Remote Bundle...for anyone that's curious.

Bioshock Infinite?

Pretty much games that likely are worth getting, but maybe not necessarily first-day buys a la Skyrim (for me, at least). My video game log belongs to Skyrim!

I am interested in the upcoming Brothers in Arms, though.

[quote name='Rig']That's the same way Zelda Skyward Sword is from the Wii Remote Bundle...for anyone that's curious.[/QUOTE]

When I get Not For Resale stuff, I usually dump it as best buy trade in.

[quote name='wEEman33']I have a $20 gamer coupon.

What happens if I try to buy 1600 microsoft points for $19.99?

Do I get the points for free?[/QUOTE]

You get a penny back.
This is not true.

[quote name='sadboy']Bioshock Infinite?

Pretty much games that likely are worth getting, but maybe not necessarily first-day buys a la Skyrim (for me, at least). My video game log belongs to Skyrim!

I am interested in the upcoming Brothers in Arms, though.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played any of the Bioshock and just remembered Borderlands 2 is coming out next year. Rotating through the triples (UC3, Battlefield 3, and MW3, Saints Row 3)

Not that it matters anymore but, does anyone know for sure if you bought $60 worth of stuff and used a $30 gaming coupon if you were suppose to get a $5 awards card as well?

Had a horrible experience with a "supervisor" and clerk that were completely defensive, and rude at the 34th St. Kmart in NYC and it wasn't only on one issue but multiple things that I wanted to buy but wasn't able to because the supervisor was just plain rude. Guess this is the end of my Kmart shopping days after that even though I love the deals. =/

[quote name='Marauder7']What does the release schedule look like for next year? Only games I can think of is Syndicate and Mass Effect 3[/QUOTE]

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur, The Darkness II, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Binary Domain, Fallout New Vegas UE, Inversion, Tales of Graces f (PS3 only)

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, SSX, Twisted Metal, Ninja Gaiden 3?, Brothers in Arms: Furious Four?

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Armored Core V, Silent Hill Downpour, Game of Thrones, XCom?,

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Big St3ph3n']DAMN!!!!

I wish i knew which stores were getting collectors edition of star wars![/QUOTE]

yeah me too , i would drive far away if I had too.

I wish we had like a region by region interactive map where we could rate our store and see how it looks graphically. I just wonder how many stores are as uninspiring as mine is. I've been in on all the deals as of late, but I'm starting to think I'll willingly pay more so I don't have to deal with the time and energy I spend to get the deal.

Some of you are very lucky to have great stores out there though!

Before I ask this i want to say that this is strictly, 100% out of curiosity and in no way am I trying to do some low down dirty shit.

That being said, what happens when you return an item that came with a coupon and they don't take the coupon back? because I returned my Wii today, and they didn't ask for the coupon and even though I brought it with me, i completely forgot. Got my refund no problem and quickly re-bought and got another coupon. When i got home i realized I still had the old coupon and destroyed it. Nonetheless, I am curious. I figured they would ask for the coupon at the return desk, or perhaps subtract $50 from my return.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Jan. 31- FF XIII-3, Soul Calibur V

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, SSX, Twisted Metal

March 7- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3

March 14 or 21- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

There's a few other games but that's what I can think of on top of my head for the first 3 months.[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden 3 and The Darkness 2 should also be out in the first quarter. Anyway, March 7th is looking to be a wallet drainer! Definitely getting Mass Effect 3, SFxTekken and Max Payne 3. Too bad there is such a big window between major releases though. Old Republic is the only worthwhile game I can think of being released between now and the end of January.

When is the $40/$15 deal? I see it in the title, but nowhere in the OP...

I have a $15 coupon right now and I'm planning to buy Skyward Sword for a gift. Will I get another $15 coupon? Or is my coupon train finally ending?

The $40/$15 deal was an offer from last week.

Only CAG mods or Josh can edit the thread title, which hasn't happened this week.

[quote name='LouieT']The $40/$15 deal was an offer from last week.

Only CAG mods or Josh can edit the thread title, which hasn't happened this week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, makes sense. I forgot that's actually where my $15 coupon is from, lol... Got it last Sunday.

The thread states this:

Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy any Nintendo 3DS for $169.99, get a $30 gaming coupon.
* Gaming coupon valid from December 11, 2011 through January 21, 2012.

But my Kmart had a sign saying $25 coupon w/ 3DS purchase. Sorry if this has been covered already but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I know it's only $5, but it's the thought that counts.
(I took a picture, I just don't have a URL link for it)

Also, I agree that the horror stories on here are horrible. How many Nintendo games need to come out on a Sunday before Kmart employees get a clue? If you work in video games, know video games. About 3 minutes of training showing people how to use this CAG thread, the Kmart Gamer FB page and their own blog would cover almost all of their problems. Sheesh.

On the bright side found Angry Birds: Knock on Wood for $16.99 in stores (board game, NOT video game). It's like $25 everywhere else, if you can even find it. Deosnt make up for the mysterious Kriby disappearance but it's a start.

[quote name='DDustiNN']Thanks, makes sense. I forgot that's actually where my $15 coupon is from, lol... Got it last Sunday.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know that actually, I thought when it was a wiki anyone could change it.

[quote name='jmillion']just got my giftcards too(from the Uncharted 3/Headset bundle). And i have used Sears giftcards at Kmart w/o problem. Thanks again Josh and company[/QUOTE]
I'm glad they fixed the problem here, it was getting out of hand.

[quote name='kk012']@SHC-Gamer, will there be a deal for :wii: Fortune Street and :3ds: Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights?[/QUOTE]
At this time it does not look like it. Tightening down the hatches on me right now.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']The Skyward Sword box was only Nintendo Stuff (actually, I think it was ONLY Skyward Sword). I was there at opening (same store) to get my bundle and, yes, we all had to wait for the employee to find the box since he had no idea that the game was to be released that day. Of course, I was #4 in line and they got exactly three bundles. Crimeny. (I did manage to get one of the TWO copies a store about 15 minutes away received, thanks to an employee who held one for me.).

I didn't see the box yesterday, but I suspect that the manager was just trying to cover her ass after I so matter-of-factly proved to her that Mario Kart 7, the game she claimed they "never got," was indeed in stock... and had been received at the store SIX DAYS prior to release!!

I really don't know how the employees in the electronics section can be so clueless sometime. It blows my mind.[/QUOTE]
Nothing surprises me anymore to be honest, as much as it doesn't make sense to me at all it seems that it is definitely a 1 step forward 1 (I won't say 2 :) ) step back kind of deal for us.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']DAMN!!!!

I wish i knew which stores were getting collectors edition of star wars![/QUOTE]
We are actually getting an ok amount of these, not all stores but not bad. Best way is to send a note to [email protected] now instead of Andrew.

[quote name='ps2emotions']You guys better not drag your feet on mario kart 7. I went to kmart last night after work and they had 3 copies so I got a copy using a $15 coupon and the $15 coupon printed out no problem. Thanks Josh once again for the great deals.[/QUOTE]
Nothing makes me happier than creating/pushing the deals to everyone. I just hope I'll be able to put the gas on as much as we did TY for next year. Our December this year is not nearly as good as it was LY (including BF).

Hey SHC-Gamer,

Is the price drop list in the OP supposed to be chain wide?

I picked up Mario Strikers Charged and it rang up 19.99 instead of 14.99. Just curious

Thanks!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Jan. 31- FF XIII-3, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur, The Darkness II, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Binary Domain, Fallout New Vegas UE, Inversion, Tales of Graces f (PS3 only)

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, SSX, Twisted Metal, Ninja Gaiden 3?, Brothers in Arms: Furious Four?

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Armored Core V, Silent Hill Downpour, Game of Thrones, XCom?,

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma[/QUOTE]

Updated the list after a visit to Gamestop's website.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma[/QUOTE]Thanks for this--it helps me map out what I might want to get day one.

Underline = Will get but not at Kmart (e.g. FFXIII-2 and ME3 CEs preordered)
Bold = Might get/interested
Both = Doubt Kmart will carry (FO:NV UE b/c of many copies of FO:NV and Tales of Graces F because it seems too obscure)

Oh, and I think you mean FFXIII-2, not 3. ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nothing makes me happier than creating/pushing the deals to everyone. I just hope I'll be able to put the gas on as much as we did TY for next year. Our December this year is not nearly as good as it was LY (including BF).[/QUOTE]To be fair, best buy brought their A game this year (and a lot of people camped out for that $200 tv).

[quote name='JP73']Before I ask this i want to say that this is strictly, 100% out of curiosity and in no way am I trying to do some low down dirty shit.

That being said, what happens when you return an item that came with a coupon and they don't take the coupon back? because I returned my Wii today, and they didn't ask for the coupon and even though I brought it with me, i completely forgot. Got my refund no problem and quickly re-bought and got another coupon. When i got home i realized I still had the old coupon and destroyed it. Nonetheless, I am curious. I figured they would ask for the coupon at the return desk, or perhaps subtract $50 from my return.[/QUOTE]

Apparently any type of coupon "shenanigans" can be tracked using your SYWR card (and Josh mentioned having someone dedicated to going after outright fraud).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We are actually getting an ok amount of these, not all stores but not bad. Best way is to send a note to [email protected] now instead of Andrew.[/QUOTE]

that is awesome to hear ! thanks josh ! and thanks for all the great deals .

I'm having somewhat of a problem right now.

I bought 5? clearance games last week at K-mart Store A to get the $15 gaming coupon (> $40) and $5 card (>$50), probably spent close to $60.

When I came home, I realized one of the games had a loose disc inside. I decided to go to K-Mart Store B the following day with all the items I bought, found a game worth $20, went to Customer service, and did a return / repurchase of everything (except that loose disc one) and I put one $15 game (from the original 5) on a separate receipt. The total ended up being closer to $50. I also bought a $10 clearance game from Store B as well, also separate receipt.

Forward to today. I brought in the 2 games to Kmart Store A, the $10 clearance game from Store B + the
$15 game which I had originally purchased from Store A. I went to customer service to return / re-purchase these games using the gaming coupon, but I was told a.) the gaming coupon is not valid on games, b.) the sticker on the game indicates that it came from their store, but the receipt shows I purchased it from Store B c.) I have to go back to Store B and deal with them, because they couldn't understand what I was trying to explain d.) On attemping to just deal with the $10 clearance game which didn't come from them in the first place, I still have to back to the orginal store (Store B) where I bought it from.

Regardless of where I bought it, aren't all franchise locations the same (i.e. I can buy from one store and return at another branch). I bought from Store A and had no problems returning / re-buying from Store B, shouldn't the reverse be the same thing? or did I just get stuck with someone who doesn't know what he's doing? or did I do something wrong, particularly with the coupon, since this is my attempt in using it. In my mind, all the steps I took were logical, but I guess I could be wrong.

[quote name='orangecrush']To be fair, best buy brought their A game this year (and a lot of people camped out for that $200 tv).[/QUOTE]

Also, I know this was in November but the deals during the big week after MW3 were sort of just average. $15 off a game is solid and appreciated but TRU and best buy were running similar or if not better deals.

I feel bad that I've only made maybe 2 Kmart purchases this whole year (Jan - Feb), not that I haven't tried to get in on some of the other ones haha. Here's to next year, Happy Holidays Josh!

[quote name='orangecrush']To be fair, best buy brought their A game this year (and a lot of people camped out for that $200 tv).[/QUOTE]

yeah, Best Buy kicked ass this past couple weeks. I have never ordered as much as I did this past 2 weeks from them. Kmart is second this year as far as the coupon train I had going for the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back