SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Love all the banter! Feel free to post on the blog to :)

Crysis 2 vs. Homefront: why has Homefront outsold Crysis 2 so far?

http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Homefront-vs-Crysis-2-Huh[/QUOTE]

All about marketing!

TV commercials, NCAA signage, advertisement during other sporting events.
How many Crysis 2 commercials have you seen?

Really regret my homefront purchase.

360 keeps freezing, cant connect to full games, having massive amounts of trouble connecting w/ friends!

[quote name='ucantcme69']Just letting everyone know in case they didnt see Josh said he would post the deals for MK, Socom 4, and portal 2 on his FB page if we can get his page upto 1200 likes. The page is: http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer[/QUOTE]

I wonder who will be 666th person to Like? It's currently 665.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Love all the banter! Feel free to post on the blog to :)

Marketing always makes up for low quality, don't you know?

Also by and large the people who buy/play videogames aren't the smartest group of individuals. I'm not talking about anyone here, just spend 10 minutes in a gamestop store for proof.

Altanis is only good for spamming assists. So annoying!

Well I highly doubt 360 is going to promote the game that much. Its to similar to Halo Reach their exclusive. If crysis was a exclusive then heck yea they advertise the crap out of it.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Well I highly doubt 360 is going to promote the game that much. Its to similar to Halo Reach their exclusive. If crysis was a exclusive then heck yea they advertise the crap out of it.[/QUOTE]

It's an EA game.

[quote name='confoosious']It's an EA game.[/QUOTE]

Im fully aware who publishes it but its a similar game. Halo is straight profit where crysis 2 isnt. Why do you think there was tons of advertisement for Halo where not so much for crysis. Similar game, both scifi shooters, non exclusive, makes alot of sense on 360's end.

[quote name='aznhero913']All about marketing!

TV commercials, NCAA signage, advertisement during other sporting events.
How many Crysis 2 commercials have you seen?

Really regret my homefront purchase.

360 keeps freezing, cant connect to full games, having massive amounts of trouble connecting w/ friends![/QUOTE]

I've actually seen quite a lot of Crysis 2 commercials. Most of them being on late-night shows like Adult Swim and even Sportscenter. Homefront is still going strong with the commercials too.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Any idea if the pc version of Portal 2 will be available at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

PS3 version comes with some sort of voucher for the PC version. No one really knows how it is going to work just yet, but we know it does come with a way to get Portal 2 via Steam on PC/MAC for free.

I think it mostly has to do with the story, possibly drawing in people who don't usually play shooters that much. As a primarily RPG gamer, story is a big, big thing for me so I usually don't get too excited over shooters. Not saying that all shooters have crappy stories, but it's just usually not much emphasized compared to say multiplayer or something, which I don't care for. Homefront, however, was different. It's trailers got me excited for the game with their mix of real life footage and what-if scenario if the economy collapsed. For one, I wanted to buy a shooter first day to play because I wanted to see how the story played out.

Crysis 2, on the other hand....I notice you mentioned had a good story. The thing is, this doesn't show at ALL in the trailers which emphasize the stupid Nanosuit too much. Great, you have strength, stealth and...something else. Speed? That's really different from other games....oh, wait, not really. The story ends up looking like generic alien story 21398, pretty graphics or not.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']PS3 version comes with some sort of voucher for the PC version. No one really knows how it is going to work just yet, but we know it does come with a way to get Portal 2 via Steam on PC/MAC for free.[/QUOTE]

I know that, i even preorder the ps3 version from amazon since it offer 20 dollar credit. But as it stand we have no idea how the voucher will work.

With my backlog, it's likely that the deals will dictate whether I buy things at launch or wait for price drops. Of course, first party Nintendo games generally don't get price drops the way other companies' games do, so taking that into consideration...

Zelda Skyward Sword
Paper Mario
Mario 3DS

Josh, expect an email incoming later today. Bit on Crysis + points and once again did not get bonus points. I'm opted inon everything under the sun, and then some. So I have no idea why it refuses to work, still.

picture.php

Man, it's a good thing coupons are coming back or constantly waiting for giftcards when SYWR doesn't work would burn me out entirely. I know you'll take care of it Josh, but it's annoying that SYWR still can't make this crap any less convoluted or, apparently, based on luck.

[quote name='martinez91']LoZ: Skyward Sword is my #1 game this year by far
OoT 3D
COD: MW3, if it is indeed MW3[/QUOTE]
Not to single you out, but I think you're the first person I've seen excited for the next COD. Am I not alone then in being truly burnt out on that series? I feel like the enthusiast gamers I know are all kind of meh right now towards future entries.

Also, I can't believe I forgot about Saints Row 3 and inFamous 2 when I made the list for the blog. Can't wait for them either.

My Top 3 consists of any of the following (interchangeably):

Batman: Arkham City
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Spec Ops: The Line
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
XCOM

[quote name='seanr1221']My top 3 are Gears, Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect. If there are 20.00 coupons with each, I'll buy them all at Kmart.[/QUOTE]
I'll buy any of the titles on my list at MSRP at Kmart! That's my final answer.
Just kidding. What!? You think I'm loco, huh? HUH!!!?

Love Kmart for $150 I was able to get Homefront, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm and 4000 Microsoft Points. EPIC WIN!

Without Kmart, I wouldn't have bought any of them games. Most Likely would have picked up Bulletstorm at $20. But the Homefront and Crysis 2 deals were sweet as hell. Love Homefront, haven;t played Crysis 2 or Bulletstorm yet cause I just bought them tonight. Throw in the points card to pay for Mass Effect 2 DLC, WIN WIN.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']

Not to single you out, but I think you're the first person I've seen excited for the next COD. Am I not alone then in being truly burnt out on that series? I feel like the enthusiast gamers I know are all kind of meh right now towards future entries.

[/QUOTE]

Whenever I tell myself they can't make it better, they do. I had no plans on buying Black Ops until I heard about the deal, but now that I've played it I would definitely have paid full price. Black Ops added wager matches, split screen online, and other things. I just don't want to doubt, because come release time I know I will be excited for it again, and they always add something to keep you hooked, at least imo.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Josh, or anyone know what the WWE All-stars deal is going to be yet?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing since the game comes out next week.

[quote name='martinez91']Whenever I tell myself they can't make it better, they do.[/QUOTE]
I'm partial to Modern Warfare, but it's going to suck shit (relatively) without the original creators, IMO.

[quote name='sadboy']I'm partial to Modern Warfare, but it's going to suck shit (relatively) without the original creators, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Another thing is I started playing the series at MW2, so I'm going on my 3rd game, maybe eventually I will get burned out of the series but I love the competitiveness it has, and it sounds like they're going to mix things up even more with rumors of space warfare...

[quote name='martinez91']Whenever I tell myself they can't make it better, they do. I had no plans on buying Black Ops until I heard about the deal, but now that I've played it I would definitely have paid full price. Black Ops added wager matches, split screen online, and other things. I just don't want to doubt, because come release time I know I will be excited for it again, and they always add something to keep you hooked, at least imo.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, wager matches and some customization was all that i really liked. The campaign was mediocre and I'm just sick of the multiplayer. I guess I've grown bored of it and want something different.

[quote name='Buzzman']Love Kmart for $150 I was able to get Homefront, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm and 4000 Microsoft Points. EPIC WIN!

Without Kmart, I wouldn't have bought any of them games. Most Likely would have picked up Bulletstorm at $20. But the Homefront and Crysis 2 deals were sweet as hell. Love Homefront, haven;t played Crysis 2 or Bulletstorm yet cause I just bought them tonight. Throw in the points card to pay for Mass Effect 2 DLC, WIN WIN.[/QUOTE]

Can you break down how you managed all this for 150.00 out of pocket?

What i liked about Black Ops was that they finally the player a voice in SP. I dont understand why every character you play as is a mute.

[quote name='sdclippers']What i liked about Black Ops was that they finally the player a voice in SP. I dont understand why every character you play as is a mute.[/QUOTE]

Well, the most common excuse is the for the immersion factor. That said, I can't completely discredit it, but personally I get just as immersed -- if not more -- when the main character has a voice.

[quote name='phenomenal 1']I was wondering the same thing since the game comes out next week.[/QUOTE]
The deal is already out. Its a 10 game coupon and $15 off a $40 wwe purchase coupon

[quote name='martinez91']and it sounds like they're going to mix things up even more with rumors of space warfare...[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Because there aren't already enough games about grizzled space marines.

Hey JustyouraverageJoe, do what I did because when i didnt recieve my bonus points from Homefront, I went in and only optd in to recieve the emails from Kmart, and when I went to get Lego Star Wars 3 and Crysis 2, I got my bonus points right away

[quote name='EYEL1NER'] I'm still upset with myself that I didn't go get Resonance of Fate when that deal happened way back when.[/QUOTE]

Should've stopped by Newegg last x-mas, I snagged it for $20 there.

The Beaverton KMART STILL DOESN'T have the PSN or XBL points (of ANY denomination). They have NOT had these since before XMAS. I still bought Crysis 2 anyways since $50 is a pretty good deal.. just thought I would let anyone heading that way to be aware.

The gift card "mall" by the entrance only has 3 month and 12 month XBL cards.

[quote name='Bud Bundy Doll']The Beaverton KMART STILL DOESN'T have the PSN or XBL points (of ANY denomination). They have NOT had these since before XMAS. I still bought Crysis 2 anyways since $50 is a pretty good deal.. just thought I would let anyone heading that way to be aware.

The gift card "mall" by the entrance only has 3 month and 12 month XBL cards.[/QUOTE]

send an email to ad monster or josh (emails are in the 1st post) with the receipt information and your store. They have promised a $20 gift card as compensation if the stores aren't keeping up with stock. They may be able to get in contact with the manager there as well and ask why they aren't doing their job in this respect.

Holy cow Dragon Age 1 is a long game.

I feel like i've been doing this dwarves/orzammar quest for a week.

[quote name='Achilles00']Ugh. Because there aren't already enough games about grizzled space marines.[/QUOTE]

There are 10x the game about grizzled modern war men than space anything these days. I wish that stereotype would go away cause it simply isn't as common anymore.

[quote name='warmsignal']Should've stopped by Newegg last x-mas, I snagged it for $20 there.[/QUOTE]
I would have rather had it way back at the beginning of last summer though.
Anyway, I'm waiting for it to hit $15 now before I buy it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Guess it's kind of a compliment; third time in a row they have PM'd the blog. Guess I have to think through some creative ways to change it up :)[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't mind an additional freebie like you did with the Transformers comic or MvC3 poster to go along with the savings offer

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']3 most anticipated games of 2011, what launch offers would you like to see?

http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution[/QUOTE]

My big three are
--Portal 2
--Deus Ex
--Batman: AC

And my guilty pleasure game is
--Earth Defense Force!

Really hope you decide to carry it and channel the Apache Air Assault deal;)

Also had a chance to try a 3ds demo unit and the 3d part isn't doing it for me. Had to keep the slider on the bottom 1/3 (anything higher had me cross-eyed). Still interested in the AR games that are packed in. Too bad they weren't on the unit.

[quote name='jer7583']
I feel like i've been doing this dwarves/orzammar quest for a week.[/QUOTE]

If there's a part of DA1 that drags, that's it. Ogren was amusing, but he didn't grab me the way that the other characters did.

In general, my Top 3 Most Anticipated Games are

1) L.A. Noire
2) Mass Effect 3
3) Batman Arkham City

but since I'm going to get L.A. Noire for $29.99 from Gohastings at launch, my Top 3 Most Anticipated Games To Buy At Kmart are

1) Mass Effect 3
2) Batman Arkham City
3) Deus Ex: Human Revolution

As for their deals, I'll make my...*ahem* "requests" simple:

L.A. Noire (even though I won't be buying from Kmart): $25 coupon
Mass Effect 3: $20 coupon w/ free 1600 MSP or $20 PSN card
Batman Arkham City: $20/$25 coupon
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: $25 coupon (I know you'll be pulling for this, Josh, based on your apparent infatuation with it)

BAM. Make it happen, Josh. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back