SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My personal opinion of course, but I like it way more than KZ3. The firefights are so organic that each time you play a level if feels fresh.[/QUOTE]

I am w/ Josh.. Way better.. I tried to get into Killzone 2 and 3 recently.. Just not fun for me, doesn't seem organic enough i guess. I don't know.. Just got bored after a few hours and zero desire to pick it back up, rare for me.

Crysis 2 is a-mazing.

Best single player FPS since Halo Reach imo.

Just love how you can use the suit powers to evade and overpower enemies. The best. Everyone should go buy it. If homefront outdoes Crysis 2 I will be sad.

[quote name='kitm9891']You wont get the discount because it will be in the system as Bogo, same thing happened when they ran the promo for Pokemon and MLB The Show, its one of the unfortunate side effects for us as employees.[/QUOTE]
Ah, but it isn't a bogo this time :) It is an instant conditional offer similar to our PSN/XBLA deals.

I'm actually not sure if this changes things but I think it might.

[quote name='jer7583']Crysis 2 is a-mazing.

Best single player FPS since Halo Reach imo.

Just love how you can use the suit powers to evade and overpower enemies. The best. Everyone should go buy it. If homefront outdoes Crysis 2 I will be sad.[/QUOTE]
Be sad. As I am. At least for us, Homefront outperformed Crysis 2 on day one.

That said, based on the quality of Crysis 2, I expect it to have much longer legs from a sales perspective.

Homefront out performing Crysis 2 on day one is pretty interesting. I think that Homefront just did a better job spreading their advertisement and word of mouth than Crysis 2

:)[quote name='jer7583']I don't know why they do this but my store always keeps the new releases in a box behind the counter for like, a week before putting them in the glass case.

Now considering the employees are usually either watching TV in the back or working in some other department it seems like it would be a bad move, Loss Prevention wise to stock a box full of new releases in an open cardboard box sitting on the floor behind the unlocked or gated sales counter, but then, what do I know?

I only mention because of Scorch's problem. The last time they said they "didn't have it" they were looking in the case and didn't look in that box until I had proceeded to bug them for 10-15 minutes.[/QUOTE]
LOL. wow.. Do you live in WAshington? Cuz you just explained one of the somewhat local stores. The other local store-nobody is ever in the section at all, so i never go to that one.:roll:

This week I went in day after release, Crysis 2 out! got it and point card, rang up, got my dis and i was out.. I am always worried going in cuz more times than not the games are in the back-hiding in plain sight .
Thanks for the deal..
I am excited for the 3ds Sunday.. I think the store opens at 8? ill find out. I was going to wait on Portal 2-but if the deal is off the hook like a giftcard AND point card- I WILL BUY! I can always use point cards add that with a 20 dollar gift card and I can't help myself. Thanks Josh, Monster, Stocky.

Debating Crysis 2 big time. My buddy has it, huge word of mouth and critical praise, really tempted by those points. What are people's impressions of the SP so far?

And to sadboy, sorry for your loss man.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Write a letter, please! We received some good traction from the last email that was sent by a CAG. Saw definite improvement in certain sectors.[/QUOTE]
I'll see what I can whip up then, but it might be a bit due to other work I have to get done first. I'll pass it along once I've got it done.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Great Portal 2 offers confirmed.

4/17 week will feature a very good offer, but if you want to wait, within two weeks you'll see a promotion that will be very hot as well (and very much beat what is out there already).[/QUOTE]
Shiny. I'll be looking forward to the details on those then. I got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and LA Noire and Portal 2 are my two must haves of Spring (though Crysis has such positive buzz). If what you're suggesting though is that a better offer on Portal 2 might drop a couple weeks after it launches, I could probably make myself wait for it. But that would be the longest two weeks of my life. :cold:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will call them personally tomorrow morning. I'm very sorry.

I'd call them right now but I'll be incommunicado for the most part this evening.[/QUOTE]
Now that's the CAG community spirit. I think someone deserves a good pint of Guinness for his good spirit. :) Stock Boy's buying. Oh god, here come his ninjas again!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ah, but it isn't a bogo this time :) It is an instant conditional offer similar to our PSN/XBLA deals.

I'm actually not sure if this changes things but I think it might.[/QUOTE]

That might work then, I guess only time will tell when Sunday hits.

Crysis 2 makes my boyhole do weird things. I looked in the mirror after playing and discovered hair on my chest. Weird thing, that.

Got an email back from SHC-Ad Monster about getting gift card because my store did not have any XBLA/PSN cards. My question is around how long does it usually take to get the card? Also in the past (when i had to email Josh) I got a phone call saying that I would be receiving a gift card and have not received one.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Debating Crysis 2 big time. My buddy has it, huge word of mouth and critical praise, really tempted by those points. What are people's impressions of the SP so far?[/QUOTE]

I've heard nothing but good things and I got it yesterday but am unable to play due to EA and their codes. I hate waiting for their customer service. Hell Josh and crew do a better job with less people with issues for a whole damn corporation!

[quote name='Trance Addix']I won't be surprised if Josh has a deal along the lines of buy MK and get Portal 2 half off. :)[/QUOTE]
You can bet he'll provide a figurative portal to some awesome deals.

[quote name='nnthomas']Crysis 2 makes my boyhole do weird things. I looked in the mirror after playing and discovered hair on my chest. Weird thing, that.[/QUOTE]

da fawk?

Does anybody have the stock numbers for what stores are getting x amount of aqua/black 3DS for Sunday? I just emailed stockboy but i thought i would ask anyways. Thanks

[quote name='nnthomas']Crysis 2 makes my boyhole do weird things. I looked in the mirror after playing and discovered hair on my chest. Weird thing, that.[/QUOTE]

Tiny little hairs compared to what Battlefield 3 would do to a person.

So dumb, I had a problem with someone on the east coast using my account and according to SYWR people it was "just a glitch" or a "mistake". Now it's happening again, with the same general area. I sent an email and can't wait for the SYWR people to tell me that when it says Sears as points being messed with, it's really Kmart. Even though all my purchases clearly show Kmart. So annoying.

Josh, if you are going to have a deal on the Tournament Edition of Mortal Kombat, please make sure you tell us about it early enough to allow for canceling of preorders.

Ditto for Portal 2, if you can beat $35 net price then be sure to let us know early enough.

Unrelated note: Took advantage of the Crysis 2/4000 pts offer today, but also rec'd Def Jam Rapstar in the mail today, and ended up playing Rapstar all night LOL. Prob get around to Crysis tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the mortal kombat and portal 2 deals. Going to buy them both on the same day. 2 weeks later, I plan on picking up duke nukem forever. 2 weeks later, I'll get L.A Noire. So many games and thanks to Kmart, I'm going to save alot of money.

Thanks for all the good offers.

I went to the Ontario, CA store on Euclid Ave. hoping to grab Crysis 2 and a $50 PSN card. They had none of the cards in stock. The lady working in electronics told me she hadn't seen them in ages. She was nice enough to check if a nearby store had any in stock and confirmed that the Diamond Bar store had over 20 of the PSN cards. So I was able to pick up the game and the card with the discount and 10K of the SYWR points with no problems at the Diamond Bar store. To make the deal even sweeter, I used over 50K in SYWR points from the MvC3 deal. Thanks to Josh and the crew for this nice deal!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Duke Nukem got delayed. lol..supposed to release June 14th now. Screw that game.

Cant wait for the MK/LA Noire deals.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that it has been delayed?

Games and Gearbox Software announced today that Duke Nukem’s gloriouscomeback in Duke Nukem Forever® will now explode at retail on June 10, 2011 internationally and June 14, 2011 in North America on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Out of curiosity, where did you hear that it has been delayed?[/QUOTE]

Gearbox put out a video on youtube as well. Its actually funny.

[quote name='Beatofficer']So dumb, I had a problem with someone on the east coast using my account and according to SYWR people it was "just a glitch" or a "mistake". Now it's happening again, with the same general area. I sent an email and can't wait for the SYWR people to tell me that when it says Sears as points being messed with, it's really Kmart. Even though all my purchases clearly show Kmart. So annoying.[/QUOTE]

Just my .02, but I would write them an email stating that it appears that their system has repeatedly given someone access to your personal information and it is your intention to report the issue and to the appropriate governmental agencies unless it is resolved by the close of business today.

That's a lot of smoke, but it's mixed with just enough legal reality to make them take care of it right away.

damn, Duke Nukem was delayed again??? Well, i guess I'll only be picking up L.A. Noire this May...

[quote name='Vigilante']#-oI don't like the sound of this; I've never been into the whole "Text to ###### to receive exclusive info/etc." (mostly because my phone is really basic), so I hope the "deals you won't see anywhere else" will either not be too impressive or whoever receives them will report them here. :p[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wasn't pleased with this. I was not ready to start this channel and the blog was published early. It will be a little while before any exclusive deals are there.

My vision was an amazon esque gold box/deal of the day type of channel via text.

[quote name='Vigilante']#-oI don't like the sound of this; I've never been into the whole "Text to ###### to receive exclusive info/etc." (mostly because my phone is really basic), so I hope the "deals you won't see anywhere else" will either not be too impressive or whoever receives them will report them here. :p[/QUOTE]

Just signed up as well.

Doubt you have to worry much about them being game breaking deals or anything, I know Best Buy's are usually crap.

I went to get Crysis yesterday because of the 4000 point deal. Needless to say, 2 stores later and no points. However I bought Crysis anyway and tried to send the receipt to SHC Ad Monster and this is what I get:

SHC Ad Monster has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove SHC Ad Monster from the recipient list and send the message again.

[quote name='Corvin']I went to get Crysis yesterday because of the 4000 point deal. Needless to say, 2 stores later and no points. However I bought Crysis anyway and tried to send the receipt to SHC Ad Monster and this is what I get:[/QUOTE]

You need to email him: [email protected]

[quote name='Kain']Josh, does K-Mart consider the "Buy a 3DS, get $25-off a game offer" a sale? I ask because my cousin just started working at Sears about a month ago, and when I was telling him about the 3DS offer, he was thinking of getting one. He's still a little unfamiliar with how his Employee Discount works since he hasn't used it yet. He asked a co-worker who told him it would work at K-Mart, but not if the item is on sale. Since the 3DS is still being rung up at regular price, it's not technically a sale, right? I told him I'd run it by you.

I guess the easiest way of asking is, will he be able to use his Sears Employee Discount on the 3DS offer?[/QUOTE]

Haha, it seems like I wasn't the only one pondering this question.

I know associate discounts are eligible when it comes to gaming coupons and not direct markdowns. As Josh says, this is an instant offer, which is all the reason more that I'm thinking it might not be eligible.

On the upside, your cousin should be able to get $25 (10%) off the price of a 3DS and $4 off a game if purchased in separate transactions. It may not be as much of a saving as if the employee discount were active, but at least it's something I guess.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Guess it's kind of a compliment; third time in a row they have PM'd the blog. Guess I have to think through some creative ways to change it up :)[/QUOTE]

*praying* Please let it be B1G1 50% off /end pray

Then again, it be nice for a $20 coupon?

Geez, I'm asking for too much :lol:

[quote name='kangchousa']Amazon just matched Kmart's 3DS deal next week...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1291822382&pf_rd_i=11075831[/QUOTE]

Took them forever to do so, launch is so soon. Their deal is weird though, since you have to wait for the credit, you can't get a game at launch. Why they wouldn't have it apply automatically w/ purchase is beyond me.

If it wasn't for Kmart, they wouldn't have done any promotion I think. So good work all around :)

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Took them forever to do so, launch is so soon. Their deal is weird though, since you have to wait for the credit, you can't get a game at launch. Why they wouldn't have it apply automatically w/ purchase is beyond me.

If it wasn't for Kmart, they wouldn't have done any promotion I think. So good work all around :)[/QUOTE]

It's not that hard to figure out: they want you to buy another game.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']

Might be a dumb question, but would a copy of our digital receipt suffice, I was unable to get a points card with my copy of Crysis 2 and cant take a picture of my receipt, waiting for my new iphone in the mail, girlfriend lost my phone :([/QUOTE]

This was skipped over yesterday evening with questions answered around it, figured maybe it slipped through, maybe since you guys seem to be around now it can be addressed when you have time, thanks.

Josh any idea on what the plan is for the Sunday 3DS launch? Are stores getting lots of systems in? Are you expecting big lines? Basically how early should I be showing up to secure myself a 3DS?

Thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']3 most anticipated games of 2011, what launch offers would you like to see?

http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution[/QUOTE]

My list

Mass Effect 3
Gears 3
Skyrim
Batman
Rage
Metal Gear rRising
Deus

Couldn't chose 3 and I even left a few off D:.

I would love to see my store actually get some epic editions for gears.

I think $20-$25 coupons would suffice for me, or maybe a buy 2 get 1 free sale in november or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back