SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SPVietBoy']lol, brink wasnt that bad, at least for me, i enjoyed it (top of the leaderboards each time i played)[/QUOTE]
That's not hard when you're the only person playing the game :)

Just scoped out my local KMART. Plenty of $19.99 and below titles. Not amazing stuff, but I'm sure I'll find something that will be fun to play for free. Can't wait until tomorrow.

[quote name='CAG Trader']The Noire deal is nice, too bad I don't have the card. I wish that wasn't a requirement...[/QUOTE]
Think of the card as your SHC-Gamer Deputy Badge. "Freeze, I'm taking these games with me. Uhh, yeah...You can scan it in. I'll take the coupon as well."

[quote name='Dranakin']Anyone? I've never been to Kmart outside of CA, so I'm not sure if this works in NYC.[/QUOTE]

It will work no problem as I did the Crysis 2/$50 PSN card promotion at the Astor Place store. I didn't tell the cashiers anything and just let the register do the work.

[quote name='boogie4114']It will work no problem as I did the Crysis 2/$50 PSN card promotion at the Astor Place store. I didn't tell the cashiers anything and just let the register do the work.[/QUOTE]
Thats probably a good thing to warn people about now. Don't even try asking about the deal because way too often the employees are clueless when it comes to them. Just do it. If it doesnt work out then say something and return the game if you must or buy it anyway and Josh will take care of it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's a limit two per member, but separate transactions are needed to get two bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bud!
I think I gotta pick an extra copy up for another local CAGer

[quote name='CAG Trader']The Noire deal is nice, too bad I don't have the card. I wish that wasn't a requirement...[/QUOTE]

Imagine if we lived in a world where you could sign up for the card immediately, without paying any fee, for only 1 minute of a person's time. Then you can reap all the benefits, without doing anything you wouldn't already do at other stores. Too bad such a place doesn't exist :roll:

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's not hard when you're the only person playing the game :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigaug']:applause:[/QUOTE]

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
lol, but seriously i found it fun, try to rent it or borrow it if ur unsure, i was unsure but decided... y not? and went for it, i dont really regret it

To the person asking about the walmart price match, I don't believe they will do it as it is a blog deal and not in the advertisement.

I'm not a 100% though.

Kmart Associate

I wish I would have held off on buying the socom confrontation bundle. It was $19.99, but I could have gotten it free if I had known about the LA Noire deal. Oh well, I guess I can still get another game for free (plus the $20 gaming coupon)

Not sure if its been answered but asked this on Sat/Sun - are all the original prints of the new Nintendo Select titles down to $20 in store or are old products at old prices? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I wish I would have held off on buying the socom confrontation bundle. It was $19.99, but I could have gotten it free if I had known about the LA Noire deal. Oh well, I guess I can still get another game for free (plus the $20 gaming coupon)[/QUOTE]

Pick up an extra copy with the LA Noire deal and return using original rec.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I wish I would have held off on buying the socom confrontation bundle. It was $19.99, but I could have gotten it free if I had known about the LA Noire deal. Oh well, I guess I can still get another game for free (plus the $20 gaming coupon)[/QUOTE]

Is it unopened still? bring back and return without receipt with your SYWR card (see what I did there?)

Would you guys pick up Yakuza 3 or Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time free with LA Noire? I went there like.. last week and today I went (there were spots on shelf for LA Noire, Hunted, F.E.A.R. 3 even though no copies of the game there was a sticker on the shelf for them) and they didn't have Bioshock anymore, or a copy one of two copies of Yakuza 3. MGS4 was gone too. :(

Not sure if I want Yakuza 3 since it's also open world like LA Noire, but anyways which of these two would you guys pick up with LA Noire?

Can the $20 coupon you get with LA Niore be used same day or do you have to wait until the following sunday??? Also, could someone create a link to the $19.99 and under games list that has been referred to in this thread please???

[quote name='GoVols']Can the $20 coupon you get with LA Niore be used same day or do you have to wait until the following sunday??? Also, could someone create a link to the $19.99 and under games list that has been referred to in this thread please???[/QUOTE]

Wait the following Sunday for 45 days.

Thanks guys. I'm really stoked about this game. I hope some DLC includes multiplayer eventrually???...and...maybe even a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 crossover (via time warp ofcourse).

[quote name='jer7583']This seems like nonsense. Why would kmart open up a new store and send them nothing but brand new $60 releases and let the shelves fill with only brand new software as it becomes available.[/quote]
Feel free to go to the K-Mart on 83 in Elmhurst, IL and prove me wrong because I was there yesterday.

[quote name='jer7583']My guess is you just didn't find where they keep the lower priced software.[/QUOTE]
Okay, I lied. I found the bin of junk up front but I felt neither Ghostbusters nor Bakugan deserved mention but even that bin of titles was limited to those two eligible titles.

I'm not complaining and I'm not upset. It's a new store with limited stock and I completely understand that, which is why I scoped out the store prior to Tuesday to check on eligible titles before I canceled my Amazon order.

Wish I could use the coupon on a second transaction tomorrow since K-Mart is so far away from my home. I'd love to use it and pick up the Tomb Raider trilogy. Oh well.

I can hardly wait to finally get my hands on L.A. Noire tomorrow! Can't decide on my free game though, the local store actually has a huge selection of cheapo games. Thinking Wario Land or Sin and Punishment.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Would you guys pick up Yakuza 3 or Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time free with LA Noire? I went there like.. last week and today I went (there were spots on shelf for LA Noire, Hunted, F.E.A.R. 3 even though no copies of the game there was a sticker on the shelf for them) and they didn't have Bioshock anymore, or a copy one of two copies of Yakuza 3. MGS4 was gone too. :(

Not sure if I want Yakuza 3 since it's also open world like LA Noire, but anyways which of these two would you guys pick up with LA Noire?[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, A Crack in Time is one of my favorite games of this generation and I definitely would recommend it to anyone, although I would recommend playing at least the other PS3 games in the series first if you haven't already.

[quote name='pjones010']So I should expect to get my coupon in the email tomorrow? Sorry kind of confused[/QUOTE]

it prints out wit ur receipt when u buy ur game, and then activates sunday

edit: and nomoregroundhogs, do u mean tools of destruction and the dlc? cuz those r the only two, honestly, it was a meh game, the dlc was fun, but its not needed unless ur a huge fan or want the story --- but for teh story u'd have to go all the way to the first one on the ps2

[quote name='pjones010']So I should expect to get my coupon in the email tomorrow? Sorry kind of confused[/QUOTE]

It prints out after your receipt.

ninja'd :(

so i justed signed up for the kmart card thing
already pre-ordered it at GS but this is too good to pass up

when can i use the credit on the card?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']it prints out wit ur receipt when u buy ur game, and then activates sunday

edit: and nomoregroundhogs, do u mean tools of destruction and the dlc? cuz those r the only two, honestly, it was a meh game, the dlc was fun, but its not needed unless ur a huge fan or want the story --- but for teh story u'd have to go all the way to the first one on the ps2[/QUOTE]

Oh I see, and the 19.99 game will be discounted when I input the phone number under my SYWR acc?

Will we be able to go into K-Mart tomorrow when the store opens and buy LA Noire, or will the game be arriving to stores from UPS/FedEx throughout the day?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Will we be able to go into K-Mart tomorrow when the store opens and buy LA Noire, or will the game be arriving to stores from UPS/FedEx throughout the day?[/QUOTE]

From earlier post of people saying they saw the game already on the shelf, they should have it in the back right now.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']This KMart deal is awful tempting, but my backlog is insane atm. Must Resist[/QUOTE]
Give in. Join us...

Somewhere, right now, Josh is holding a vigil in front of a cash register with the hopes that all goes well tomorrow. If it doesn't, I'd invest heavily in antacid and alcohol stocks. A sudden, sharp rise in demand may occur.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']it prints out wit ur receipt when u buy ur game, and then activates sunday

edit: and nomoregroundhogs, do u mean tools of destruction and the dlc? cuz those r the only two, honestly, it was a meh game, the dlc was fun, but its not needed unless ur a huge fan or want the story --- but for teh story u'd have to go all the way to the first one on the ps2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are the two I meant. They're not truly necessary I suppose, but the PS3 trilogy is sort of its own story arc, separate from the PS2 series, and without getting into spoilers there are story elements from Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty that definitely carry over into Crack in Time. I won't deny that Crack in Time is by far the best of the PS3 series though!

[quote name='JCDogg911']From earlier post of people saying they saw the game already on the shelf, they should have it in the back right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='pjones010']Oh I see, and the 19.99 game will be discounted when I input the phone number under my SYWR acc?[/QUOTE]

i believe so - i dont think it'll work otherwise

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Yeah, those are the two I meant. They're not truly necessary I suppose, but the PS3 trilogy is sort of its own story arc, separate from the PS2 series, and without getting into spoilers there are story elements from Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty that definitely carry over into Crack in Time. I won't deny that Crack in Time is by far the best of the PS3 series though![/QUOTE]

and ur right, but there's also some things from the ps2 ones that are in crack in time

[quote name='adriley313']so i justed signed up for the kmart card thing
already pre-ordered it at GS but this is too good to pass up

when can i use the credit on the card?[/QUOTE]

The $20 is a coupon. It does not go on your card as SYWR points like other deals in the past. With your receipt, you will get a gaming coupon that prints as well. It will activate this coming Sunday (the 22nd) and will be active for 45 days.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Josh. Has the deal been tested and ready to go?

Nobody wants last week to happen again!

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']
For what it's worth, A Crack in Time is one of my favorite games of this generation and I definitely would recommend it to anyone, although I would recommend playing at least the other PS3 games in the series first if you haven't already.[/QUOTE]

I actually have played all of them, but only for like the first 2 hours each. I know, weird. I like the games, but I hope A Crack in Time doesn't follow Tools of Destruction's storyline?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Hope my K-Mart has this out tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

If they don't, then tell them to go in the back and get it. Josh and Andrew have stated that more than 99.9% of the time, the stores have received the stock. Don't be rude, but be insistent. They have it in their store.

[quote name='The_ZZ']I actually have played all of them, but only for like the first 2 hours each. I know, weird. I like the games, but I hope A Crack in Time doesn't follow Tools of Destruction's storyline?[/QUOTE]

its linear, i mean u could just wiki the story if u dont wanna play em but... then theres no point in playin crack in time lol

i kinda hope a crack in time isnt the greatest hits version, i dont like used or greatest hits

Message to everyone : If your kmart tries to tell you they do not have, cannot find, have not recieved, or otherwise attempt to not sell you LA Noire there is a very good chance that they are full of shit.

Big releases like this are sent in advance and then street dated. Unless there was some shipping problem (which josh would have mentioned and he hasn't) every store should have their copies ready to go tomorrow.

Don't leave the store unsatisfied. Talk to management, don't take stupid excuses like "the truck didn't come in yet" for an answer. Be polite, but straightforward.

I feel like especially with gas running at the premium it is these days making a trip out to a brick and mortar store, only to be turned away because the employee was too lazy to look in a box in the back room is insulting, especially given the ease of ordering from amazon or elsewhere online. You made the effort and expense to travel to their store, make them take the effort to sell you what was advertised.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Somewhere, right now, Josh is holding a vigil in front of a cash register with the hopes that all goes well tomorrow. If it doesn't, I'd invest heavily in antacid and alcohol stocks. A sudden, sharp rise in demand may occur.[/QUOTE]
Everything needs to work, it has to.

Hey Josh. Quick question. I signed up for the program online back in March, and still haven't gotten my card. I think it's because I put my physical address, not my mailing address. I know it won't matter for tomorrow since I can use my phone number, but is it possible to request a card to be mailed to my mailing address on the site?

I'm confident the registers will work, it's the employees I'm worried about. It annoys me just thinking about having a bunch of newcomers to the kmart deals come in here tomorrow posting that their stores said they didn't have the game. Fortunately, anyone reading this thread should know better.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']its linear, i mean u could just wiki the story if u dont wanna play em but... then theres no point in playin crack in time lol

i kinda hope a crack in time isnt the greatest hits version, i dont like used or greatest hits[/QUOTE]

What do you mean no point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back