SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='quickfire13']No I'm asking if I could use the $60 the same day on the SOCOM 4: FDK. Or would I have to wait?

~QF13[/QUOTE]
Even if they did have it, coupons aren't redeemable until the next week on Sunday.

That's awesome that you can get two discounted $20 points/PSN cards. I thought it was limit one.

Portal 2+MK+ $40 in XBLA Points for $20.

$140 spent - $60 in coupons given plus an additional $20 savings. Awesome awesome.

Won't be going to Kmart until the $15 coupon issue gets fixed. Someone please let us know when Kmart is planning and/or does fix this problem! Thank you.

[quote name='ProphetZero']Is Rock Band 3 and Borderlands GOTY $19.99 yet?[/QUOTE]

I saw the PS3 version of RB 3 in-store stickered for $19.99 out of the case when I went by my local one earlier this afternoon.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Won't be going to Kmart until the $15 coupon issue gets fixed. Someone please let us know when Kmart is planning and/or does fix this problem! Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Josh reported around noon that he put in an email to the tech people about the issue, so fixing it should already be underway. Seems wise to wait for the all clear, though.

My first purchase today was for $45. I decided to make things more complicated than they needed to be, so I didn't use my SYWR card just to test the ad. I did not get the coupon as expected.

So I immediately returned the games and bought them with the SYWR card and got the $15 coupon. The problem though is I also got 25,000 bonus SYWR points for what I'm guessing is a glitch. Now my account is frozen and I couldn't use the legit 41,000 points on my card for the second transaction I was planning.

This all happened before 9 a.m. today and I haven't been near a computer since. I was expecting others to have the same issue but I'm guessing I just borked myself here. Some days I just think too much. Or not enough.

[quote name='vlv723']Initially, the coupon offer was limit one per SYWR account but from what I read from a person who posted the weekly ad, it is one per transaction. If that's so, I wonder what my 4th game will be once I get Socom+Portal 2+$20 PSN on one transaction and MK+????+1600 XBox points on the other.[/QUOTE]

You can only earn it once per account. The signs sent to the stores reflect this. Per Josh: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8380133&postcount=2099

Edit: Even the OP only says transaction. Gah.

Edit: The last couple of lines do address that it is once per member.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DPsycho']You can only earn it once per account. The signs sent to the stores reflect this. Per Josh: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8380133&postcount=2099

Edit: Even the OP only says transaction. Gah.[/QUOTE]
The messaging on this is really confusing and all over the place at this point. It's still one set of $60 coupons per SYWR membership, all in one transaction, right?

Since this doesn't really involve any bonus points anyway, I wonder if this will lead to people signing up for multiple SYWR cards to get multiple sets of games or just stock up on points.

Yes, the promotion SHOULD work in that spending $120+ (on qualifying items as addressed in the OP) in a single transaction will grant you both the $15 and $45 coupons, totaling $60, each only obtainable once per SYWR account. There is a known issue at present, however, where only the $45 one is printing. This is being addressed.

I won't comment on the speculation of "working" the system except to say that I expect those of us who appreciate all of Josh's work to not resort to such questionable actions.

Some answers to questions we seem to be getting a lot lately that should probably be added to the OP:

- KMart will not carry the SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Kits.

- KMart will not have the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition with fight stick, but we will have the Kollector's Edition.

- KMart will not be carrying Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection.

- While the coupons can only be earned through software purchases, they can be used on software, hardware, accessories, and point cards. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Question: Anyone check their email to see if they received both rewards there?[/QUOTE]

that's a good question and i was thinking the same thing - even though the $15 coupon is failing to print in person, maybe it'd be included with the emailed receipt. i made my purchase 9 hours ago, but i still haven't received my electronic receipt.

[quote name='micca']that's a good question and i was thinking the same thing - even though the $15 coupon is failing to print in person, maybe it'd be included with the emailed receipt. i made my purchase 9 hours ago, but i still haven't received my electronic receipt.[/QUOTE]

I just checked my e-mail receipt, and it didn't have the $15 coupon. It had the $45 coupon (separate e-mail), and an offer for Dish Network (another e-mail). No $15 coupon to be found.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I just checked my e-mail receipt, and it didn't have the $15 coupon. It had the $45 coupon (separate e-mail), and an offer for Dish Network (another e-mail). No $15 coupon to be found.[/QUOTE]

If only the PoS Dish Network spam was replaced with a $15 coupon, right? :p

[quote name='DPsycho']

Edit: The last couple of lines do address that it is once per member.[/QUOTE]

I don't see it on the weekly ad fine print.

Bought $130 worth of stuff. Only $45 coupon printed. Read through previous pages but not sure how to get $15!
How does the exchange works with these coupon deals. Do I need to bring all my games & coupon if I need to exchange some games later in the week.
Picked up a couple on impulse & may exchange them for something better later this week

went to numerous Kmarts today to pick up crysis 2, some budget games, and a $20 psn card. Not one of them had PSN cards in stock... and then i called 4 more in my state, none of them had them either. Wasted around 3-4 hours today. Grrr.

I was planning on getting portal 2 with the psn card deal, but i guess that's out the window too.

[quote name='vlv723']I don't see it on the weekly ad fine print.[/QUOTE]

It's in the OP and it's on the signs for the promotion that were sent to the stores. It was the OP that I was addressing in that quote.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Bought $130 worth of stuff. Only $45 coupon printed. Read through previous pages but not sure how to get $15!week[/QUOTE]

Josh has contacted the necessary people to get this fixed. He'll likely end up handling people who weren't properly awarded the $15 coupon today with gift cards, but for right now we're still waiting to hear more on it.

[quote name='DPsycho']Josh has contacted the necessary people to get this fixed. He'll likely end up handling people who weren't properly awarded the $15 coupon today with gift cards, but for right now we're still waiting to hear more on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I will keep an eye on this thread to check how to get it done. Anyone has any inputs on how exchange works in these coupon deals?

[quote name='DPsycho']It's in the OP and it's on the signs for the promotion that were sent to the stores. It was the OP that I was addressing in that quote.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I see that now. Still don't know why it's only limited to one since I'm giving KMart my $ but eh.

Anyone having issues with the PSN/XBL cards not scanning? I went to the KMart in Silver Spring, MD to get some PSN cards and after scanning the barcode, the system prompted the clerk to swipe the card but it wouldn't scan. We tried it at a different register and the same thing happens (ironically, some of the ones that worked before didn't work and vice versa). Tried multiple registers until I decided to add in Dragon Age 2 and Front Mission Evolved. Same problem, but now only about 1 card worked. Tried it again by adding XBL cards. Somehow, finally manged to get over $120. Went to checkout, the system gives an error that the cards failed to activate. Tried it again and the same thing happens. I'm pretty annoyed at wasting so much time but the clerks were helpful and it wasn't really their fault so I can't really blame them. Just curious if anyone else is having this same problem?

[quote name='confoosious']I'm a huge fan of you guys but is this promotion seriously not working as planned? Get your shit together already![/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this one. I know it's not due to the great work of Josh and other kmart employees here but a big problem should not be happening like this again and again. I dont buy games at target or best buy hardly ever because of kmart but when they do have a promotion, I never have to hold my breath to see if the deal works.

Hey SHC-Gamer :How about a special branded SYWR KmartGamer/CAG card that would entitle you to bonus points on game purchases? Something like $49.99 and up get 5000 points and $19.99 to $39.99 get 2500?

[quote name='confoosious']I'm a huge fan of you guys but is this promotion seriously not working as planned? Get your shit together already![/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised how hard it is sometimes to get the simplest stuff done at a corporate level.

Too many people getting hands on it/mucking it up, most likely.

That said it is a bit ridiculous that they seem to have these problems every week when there's a few big releases everyone wants.

I am confident that josh will take care of it by tuesday and/or compensate those affected so that the deal is honored, one way or another. That's the great thing - screw up or not, you know josh will make it right.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Sorry beloved Kmart BB has beat you on a deal finally![/QUOTE]
I don't see how... I have been watching these deals very closely, and even if you purchase S4, MK, and P2 all separate, getting a $10 gift card with each one, the price is still more than it costs at Kmart, even with the $30 gift cards added.

Was planning on getting Crysis 2, FNC. Anyone have any recomendations on what else i should get to cross over the $120 mark?

[quote name='jer7583']You'd be surprised how hard it is sometimes to get the simplest stuff done at a corporate level.

That said it is a bit ridiculous that they seem to have these problems every week when there's a few big releases everyone wants.

I am confident that josh will take care of it by tuesday and/or compensate those affected so that the deal is honored, one way or another. That's the great thing - screw up or not, you know josh will make it right.[/QUOTE]

I learned, later than sooner, to let it go at the store and simply shoot josh an email w/ the receipt scanned. Dude always comes through.

[quote name='sdclippers']Was planning on getting Crysis 2, FNC. Anyone have any recomendations on what else i should get to cross over the $120 mark?[/QUOTE]

Mortal Kombat, Socom 4, Portal 2...

Can I do preorders at kmart to fill this quota? I've never tried to do a preorder at Krart so I have no clue if they even do them... I know at the store by my house, the two or three people I always see working in the video game section really don't seem to have much of an idea what is going on at any given time. On a positive note though... The manager at the store is really nice and is always very helpful.

[quote name='kingotnw']Can I do preorders at kmart to fill this quota? I've never tried to do a preorder at Krart so I have no clue if they even do them... I know at the store by my house, the two or three people I always see working in the video game section really don't seem to have much of an idea what is going on at any given time. On a positive note though... The manager at the store is really nice and is always very helpful.[/QUOTE]

Kmart doesn't do preorders in store at least.

Has anyone tried with pre-orders online? L.A. Noire is listed as eligible for this deal. Has anyone ordered that alone or made a purchase with that over $120?

[quote name='jer7583']You'd be surprised how hard it is sometimes to get the simplest stuff done at a corporate level.

I am confident that josh will take care of it by tuesday and/or compensate those affected so that the deal is honored, one way or another. That's the great thing - screw up or not, you know josh will make it right.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge fan of Josh and what's he done with K-Mart, but it's been close to a year (maybe more?). This shit should be handled by now. Having to personally take care of everybody after the fact is a huge waste of time and resources.

Hello, I'm new to the site, but I've been browsing deals for some time now.

I have a couple questions. To be honest, I'm a little confused by this deal going on. I've read through a few pages, but a lot is buried. So please excuse my ignorance. ;)

1) What is the "Coupon"? Is it similar to a gift card?

2) Do I need to be a member of the Kmart awards program?

Thanks.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm a huge fan of Josh and what's he done with K-Mart, but it's been close to a year (maybe more?). This shit should be handled by now. Having to personally take care of everybody after the fact is a huge waste of time and resources.[/QUOTE]

Just writing to confirm the issue has been addressed. By store opening this morning the registers should be updated with the fix. It unfortunately was just human error by the person updating the code. Shit happens sometimes.

In terms of the never ending issues :) The only issue that I see truly as not on the right track is the in store experience. Usually all of our issues come up due to consistently trying new things. This company has never had to do what we are putting it through. I'm actually pretty pleased with the systemic process improvement. As new issues arise they have been handled quickly and fixed for the future.

I just need a truly focused field staff whose only responsibility is entertainment so we can fix the back room issues and other service related problems. Case in point, based on store checks , most stores that do not have the points cards, in fact actually do have them somewhere.

[quote name='joshdts']I have to agree with this one. I know it's not due to the great work of Josh and other kmart employees here but a big problem should not be happening like this again and again. I dont buy games at target or best buy hardly ever because of kmart but when they do have a promotion, I never have to hold my breath to see if the deal works.[/QUOTE]
Reality check guys, I may be completely off base here as I have no idea what time it is right now, but the only deal issues that I am aware of this year so far is the Marvel vs. Capcom points issue and the CE edition of Killzone. Both were points related and I had little control over it. The CE edition of Killzone may have generted ten emails as well, very small problem.

This is the first coupon related systemic issue that I have seen in a looong time and it was simply user error and fixed in less than 24 hours.

This is my opinion only, I don't want anyone to not speak their mind, again, if I am off base please let me know.

I'm all about deriding the poor experiences or the stock issues, but systemically I think we are better than we are getting credit for today.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'm still debating on whether to jump on this deal or not. Not having another game I really want right now makes it harder for me to want to bite, and I'm still worried that with my 0 for 2 track record of getting this year's SYWR offers to work, that this won't, either. I know this offer isn't the same as that one in terms of what's needed to qualify, but it's enough to make me feel trepidation.

For the 2nd game to get with Portal, the only one I want is Shift 2, and while I bet it's good, I just picked up Shift 1, so I keep asking myself if I really need the second right now, or could wait for a price drop. If I wait, what else would I get? I'm just not sure.

If it weren't for some gift card credit I can use, I'd probably just go to Amazon for Portal 2 since I'm struggling so hard to find a 2nd game. I like this deal Josh, but I'd like it more in September/October/November when there's a plethora of choices.[/QUOTE]
That is actually why I am doing it now, to build some analytics for the fall/holiday. This is just as much of a test as it is a promotion.

Question, I am thinking 110/50 is more customer friendly based on our system, agree?

[quote name='jaritter']Hey SHC-Gamer :How about a special branded SYWR KmartGamer/CAG card that would entitle you to bonus points on game purchases? Something like $49.99 and up get 5000 points and $19.99 to $39.99 get 2500?[/QUOTE]
Working on something like that actually. Great suggestion.

[quote name='affa']went to numerous Kmarts today to pick up crysis 2, some budget games, and a $20 psn card. Not one of them had PSN cards in stock... and then i called 4 more in my state, none of them had them either. Wasted around 3-4 hours today. Grrr.

I was planning on getting portal 2 with the psn card deal, but i guess that's out the window too.[/QUOTE]
If there are any issues with the points cards, I will honor the deal as if they were intended to be purchased. I don't want a store issue to be the reason for not taking us up on the deal.

Yeah, 110/50 would work better I think since you could buy two $60 games and get the coupon and not have to worry about padding the purchase to get over $120.

Can I use the coupons instantly?

For example:
I purchased $120 worth of games and get the $60 coupons. Can I then turn around and use the $60 on a Nintendo DS?

Any idea when there going to be a price drop on the lites? Figure they would of dropped again after the 3DS came out :/ Or have some type of sale, but non of the retails are giving it any love.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That is actually why I am doing it now, to build some analytics for the fall/holiday. This is just as much of a test as it is a promotion.

Question, I am thinking 110/50 is more customer friendly based on our system, agree?[/QUOTE]

I prefer 120/60....Why not just spend 10 extra dollars if your going to get 10 dollars back? Makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back