SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i've been meaning to ask, wit the return of coupons, has josh stated whethere there's a limit (i know he was saying that there was a supposed $60 limit on the mortal kombat/portal 2 coupons but ppl did say they used more than 60 worth of coupons) on gaming coupons from a deal?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']oh i've been meaning to ask, wit the return of coupons, has josh stated whethere there's a limit (i know he was saying that there was a supposed $60 limit on the mortal kombat/portal 2 coupons but ppl did say they used more than 60 worth of coupons) on gaming coupons from a deal?[/QUOTE]

He may have said there is a limit of $60 because the games are 60. You can stack as many coupons as possible I believe, but it cannot exceed the total of the purchase before taxes, and no two coupons can be the same amount from the same event.

I know somewhere, someone has posted the exact language of the coupons. And unless the coupon designates a limit, the stores cannot enforce one.

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']I thought it was said price drops were in effect starting this morning, went by to grab Resonance of Fate and Godfather and the total came up to 95.37. Now I really want those games but nowhere near enough to pay over 50 dollars more than I should.[/QUOTE]
They definitely should be ringing up correctly, I am looking into it now.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']oh i've been meaning to ask, wit the return of coupons, has josh stated whethere there's a limit (i know he was saying that there was a supposed $60 limit on the mortal kombat/portal 2 coupons but ppl did say they used more than 60 worth of coupons) on gaming coupons from a deal?[/QUOTE]
There is no limit to the amount of coupons you can use on a game as long as the value of the purchase is equal or greater than the coupon.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Are they going to move the 19.99 and under game outside of the lock case so it would be easier to find?[/QUOTE]
The stores have definitely been sent an email asking them to do this; results may vary.

[quote name='GPrime101']Hey Josh, has there been any update on a deal for the Tomb Raider or Prince of Persia trilogies? You last mentioned it might be the week of LA Noire for TR, so I thought I'd check.[/QUOTE]
Tomb Raider is good that wee, Prince is not yet.

Okay...this is irritating. I can't find Okamiden at a single K-Mart in my area, and I have four of them within five miles of my home. The game hasn't been out for more than three months! I go to the website to purchase it, shippings a good deal, but only one coupon per transaction? Why do these programs have to be so restrictive? I have 120 dollars worth of coupons I can barely use due to stores not having games in stock at ALL or the website barely allowing the use of these coupons! Is this something that can be changed?

[quote name='DKRobbie']Okay...this is irritating. I can't find Okamiden at a single K-Mart in my area, and I have four of them within five miles of my home. The game hasn't been out for more than three months! I go to the website to purchase it, shippings a good deal, but only one coupon per transaction? Why do these programs have to be so restrictive? I have 120 dollars worth of coupons I can barely use due to stores not having games in stock at ALL or the website barely allowing the use of these coupons! Is this something that can be changed?[/QUOTE]
You can use as many coupons as you would like instore on a transaction as long as the purchase requirements are met.

The online coupon system does suck BTW, I agree. It's only a temp system.

You may be struggling to find this title because it was never brought in to the stores

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There is no limit to the amount of coupons you can use on a game as long as the value of the purchase is equal or greater than the coupon.[/QUOTE]

yea, but i was wondering if theres a limit on the amount of coupons i can get from a deal, for example, brink has a $20 coupon, say i got 2 copies, 3 copies, would i get 2 $20 coupons, 3 $20 coupons (respectively)and then be able to use all of them?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']yea, but i was wondering if theres a limit on the amount of coupons i can get from a deal, for example, brink has a $20 coupon, say i got 2 copies, 3 copies, would i get 2 $20 coupons, 3 $20 coupons (respectively)and then be able to use all of them?[/QUOTE]
I do not believe a limit was set on Brink actually so multiple coupons should print. This is an over sight on my part as usually it should be a limit 2.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I do not believe a limit was set on Brink actually so multiple coupons should print. This is an over sight on my part as usually it should be a limit 2.[/QUOTE]

ok, so normally the limit that i can use is 2 right? (and coupons from the same deal of the same denomination cannot be used on the same transaction right?)

[quote name='SPVietBoy']ok, so normally the limit that i can use is 2 right? (and coupons from the same deal of the same denomination cannot be used on the same transaction right?)[/QUOTE]
There is no limit on "usage" outside of minimum purchase restrictions.

You cannot stack coupons from the same promotion and denomination, that is correct.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Tomb Raider is good that wee, Prince is not yet.[/QUOTE]
Did you mention what you were intending with those trilogies?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There is no limit on "usage" outside of minimum purchase restrictions.

You cannot stack coupons from the same promotion and denomination, that is correct.[/QUOTE]

well i mean like, the limit i can use is 2 because tahts all i should get right?
also, how do i do price matching? because i bought bioshock for 19.99 not realizing it was gettin a price drop today

Well, I hope the clearance drops are good at my store. For some reason, when the Feb drops happened, a lot of the games never dropped at my store, like Oblivion GOTY.
Hoping to get Resonance of Fate :360: though. $20 is one of the cheapest prices I have seen that anywhere. The PS3 version goes for $14.99 sometimes, but never the 360.

And man do I hate that inventory checker on the Kmart website. It seems like any item I ever look up does not exist. I get that some minor clearance games aren't going to show up online but Beatles Rock Band? Really? I guess I dislike the whole Kmart website though, not just the inventory checker.

Can't wait for Tuesday. I haven't beaten Lego: Harry Potter yet, but it shouldn't take me too much longer before I will start on L:potC.

Yeah it must have taken 2-3 weeks before any of the titles from the last clearance started ringing up for the reduced prices. I wasn't checking every week but whenever there was a new big release there I had them check on a couple.

I dunno what it is at a store level that causes all this stuff to mess up.

I think I want to go get Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles before it disappears everywhere.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Okay...this is irritating. I can't find Okamiden at a single K-Mart in my area, and I have four of them within five miles of my home. The game hasn't been out for more than three months! I go to the website to purchase it, shippings a good deal, but only one coupon per transaction? Why do these programs have to be so restrictive? I have 120 dollars worth of coupons I can barely use due to stores not having games in stock at ALL or the website barely allowing the use of these coupons! Is this something that can be changed?[/QUOTE]

Pretty positive stores never carried it.

i posted this a couple days back and nobody responded...
can someone detail the mother's day SYWR bonus? i just logged into their site as well as reread the first few posts in this thread and couldn't find specifics.

[quote name='EYG110']KMART electronics worker here. I checked this morning and the new drops were not in effect. They were not listed as an event price, and I know a good amount of those titles listed, do not have a pending price change.

In other words, if there was a problem, it is not the store's fault at this point in time.[/QUOTE]
Not on topic, but what do you think is the problem with getting new releases on shelves in a timely manner at so many Kmart stores?

[quote name='affa']i posted this a couple days back and nobody responded...
can someone detail the mother's day SYWR bonus? i just logged into their site as well as reread the first few posts in this thread and couldn't find specifics.[/QUOTE]
I think it's over anyway (not sure) but the specifics were posted a couple times I believe.

Edit: Again not sure if it's actually through today or what but here's a quote from a few pages back:

[quote name='SPVietBoy']It's basically what you said lol but there are tiers
spend 50-74.99 dollars get 5k worth of sywr points
spedn 75-99.99 get 10k
spend 100-149.99 get 15k
spend 150+ get 25k... i believe... the only ones i'm not sure about is the end price and start price for 10k and 15k respectively[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The_ZZ']Do KMARTS still carry PS2 Slims?[/QUOTE]

I found a Kmart back in 2003 that carried Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, and F-Zero.

nothing good at my kmart :( every good game is gone. they are sold out of microsoft points and xbox live subscriptions.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I think it's over anyway (not sure) but the specifics were posted a couple times I believe.

Edit: Again not sure if it's actually through today or what but here's a quote from a few pages back:[/QUOTE]

anyone know if it's active today? i thought i was supposed to wait until today, darn it.

I was at my local Kmart scouting out some clearance games and noticed LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean was already out for the Wii and the DS / 3DS. I'm not sure they would ring up since it's two days from the official release date but it's odd being they usually have trouble getting the games out in a timely manner (now too quick on this game...)

[quote name='Ace!']just making sure...and I think I know.

Can I use my gaming coupons for PSN cards?

I have $60 in coupons, can I buy 3 cards and come out even?[/QUOTE]

yes, unless theres tax (i dont think so but not sure if there is)

[quote name='Midnight Express']I was at my local Kmart scouting out some clearance games and noticed LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean was already out for the Wii and the DS / 3DS. I'm not sure they would ring up since it's two days from the official release date but it's odd being they usually have trouble getting the games out in a timely manner (now too quick on this game...)[/QUOTE]

If I recall, the 3DS and DS version were actually street dated for last Tuesday. Should ring up just fine.

[quote name='DPsycho']I spotted one at my nearest KMart yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Alright cool. My 6 year old PS2 broke a year ago, right after I bought Fatal Frame 1-3 and a bunch of other games. :cry: Might use the coupon I get from LA Noire towards it, I'm assuming I can use the coupons towards gaming hardware?

picked up the last MK9 at my kmart. employee was surprised at price and was a bit salty i got the last one lol !! anyways i used my $15 swyr credit from the dragon age 2 deal so i got this for $25 :)

I had a strange experience at the Kmart (#3131) in Frederick, MD, Josh:

After trying (and failing :cry:) to find the copy of Star Ocean: Second Evolution I spotted at this location a few weeks ago, I found a copy of Metro 2033, still with the $29.99 sticker from the last drop. However, when I asked for a price check (just to be sure), it rang up at $49.99! I also didn't see any special bin/area set aside for the new drops, but that probably is to be expected...

Still, I've come to expect better from this Kmart, and I'd hoped that it would be among those Kmarts that would enforce the new drops today. I suppose I'll just have to check back later in the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the Wilkes-Barre Twp., PA store this morning and picked up Resonance of Fate (PS3 - 1 copy left) and Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (PS3 - last one). Games were both marked $59.99 and rung up $19.97 each. Had no problems with the transaction. Thank you very much for the head up for these markdowns!!! =)

[quote name='JohnnySako']Went to the Wilkes-Barre Twp., PA store this morning and picked up Resonance of Fate (PS3 - 1 copy left) and Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (PS3 - last one). Games were both marked $59.99 and rung up $19.97 each. Had no problems with the transaction. Thank you very much for the head up for these markdowns!!! =)[/QUOTE]
I never had a problem with the Wilkes Barre store except for the lack of fucking points cards. I don't know if they have them now but for at least two months this year (none in january, and feb) they did not have any X-Box or PSN cards. I don't know if they got them in now but...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Tomb Raider is good that wee, Prince is not yet.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Will there be an announcement on KMartGamer or the Facbook page maybe? And I'm guessing PoP won't be the week after that, either.

[quote name='GPrime101']Cool! Will there be an announcement on KMartGamer or the Facbook page maybe? And I'm guessing PoP won't be the week after that, either.[/QUOTE]

Are you guys saying that the Tomb Raider trilogy is $20?

[quote name='rawrker']The deal is buy LA Noire along with a game thats $19.99 or less, and the cheaper game will automatically be discounted for free. Along with that, a $20 gaming coupon will print out along with your receipt which will be redeemable the following week. 2 deals in 1. You do have to have a SYWR card to take part in this deal which is free to sign up for. Josh was working on getting the free game portion of the deal accepted which is why it hasn't been added to the OP yet.

As long as your store is an authentic Kmart, even if its new, it'll work.[/QUOTE]
Can anybody confirm this? The deal sounds amazing, but I'd rather not have to sign up for anything to get it. Info in the OP makes gaming coupons and SYWR points sounds like two different entities, so why would I need to be part of one to get the other? Just looking for clarification.

[quote name='Torik_Shai']Can anybody confirm this? The deal sounds amazing, but I'd rather not have to sign up for anything to get it. Info in the OP makes gaming coupons and SYWR points sounds like two different entities, so why would I need to be part of one to get the other? Just looking for clarification.[/QUOTE]

I hope not. Josh himself never mentioned that AT ALL. I won't be able to take advantage of this deal then. :/

[quote name='Torik_Shai']Can anybody confirm this? The deal sounds amazing, but I'd rather not have to sign up for anything to get it. Info in the OP makes gaming coupons and SYWR points sounds like two different entities, so why would I need to be part of one to get the other? Just looking for clarification.[/QUOTE]

because you have to. give something, get something.

[quote name='The_ZZ']I hope not. Josh himself never mentioned that AT ALL. I won't be able to take advantage of this deal then. :/[/QUOTE]

why? it takes 2 minutes to sign up.

[quote name='The_ZZ']I hope not. Josh himself never mentioned that AT ALL. I won't be able to take advantage of this deal then. :/[/QUOTE]
Kmart Savings Coupon Guide:

• Some promotions will require you to be a Shop Your Way Reward member to cut down on potential return fraud.
Also, the gaming coupons from the $120/$60 deal specifically say "Shop Your Way Rewards Members Only"

[quote name='confoosious']because you have to. give something, get something.[/QUOTE]
I get that, but then why have two different systems set up for what's essentially the same thing? If I have to be a SYWR member anyway, then why have gaming coupons at all when they could just be giving out SYWR points?

I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'd just like to figure this out now instead of when LA Noire actually releases. :)

EDIT: ^^^ Ah, okay, anti-fraud. But it specifies that's only the case with some promotions, is it confirmed yet that LA Noire's $20 coupon is one of those cases?

[quote name='Torik_Shai']I get that, but then why have two different systems set up for what's essentially the same thing? If I have to be a SYWR member anyway, then why have gaming coupons at all when they could just be giving out SYWR points?

I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'd just like to figure this out now instead of when LA Noire actually releases. :)

EDIT: ^^^ Ah, okay, anti-fraud. But it specifies that's only the case with some promotions, is it confirmed yet that LA Noire's $20 coupon is one of those cases?[/QUOTE]
No I dont think that's been mentioned though I'd guess that most if not all of the deals moving forward will be. Note that I'm just guessing, I really dont know at all.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Are you guys saying that the Tomb Raider trilogy is $20?[/QUOTE]

Since it isn't in the price drop list, I'm guessing it's not $20, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Since Josh said there is a deal this week, I'm hoping he can clarify tomorrow on what it actually is.

And Josh, thanks for the initial response, just don't forget to enjoy your weekends, yeah?

[quote name='Torik_Shai']I get that, but then why have two different systems set up for what's essentially the same thing? If I have to be a SYWR member anyway, then why have gaming coupons at all when they could just be giving out SYWR points?

EDIT: ^^^ Ah, okay, anti-fraud. But it specifies that's only the case with some promotions, is it confirmed yet that LA Noire's $20 coupon is one of those cases?[/QUOTE]

Yeah fraud was a huge problem when the coupon deals started, so the SWYR helps minimize losses. Plus its benefical for you to have, as it costs nothing but you'll build up points via purchases or storewide promotions. It also allows you to get random free gift coupons upon purchases. Ive randomly won a free pack of M&Ms, skittles, free soda, and a free Glyde air freshener spray. lol.

Honestly though, if you are planning on getting LA Noire you won't find anything close to a better deal anywhere. Don't let signing up for a free reward card that takes a minute keep you from it.

[quote name='GPrime101']Since it isn't in the price drop list, I'm guessing it's not $20, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Since Josh said there is a deal this week, I'm hoping he can clarify tomorrow on what it actually is.

And Josh, thanks for the initial response, just don't forget to enjoy your weekends, yeah?[/QUOTE]

Its not a permanent drop, but it'll be a weekly sale for $19.99.

[quote name='rawrker']Its not a permanent drop, but it'll be a weekly sale for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Very cool! Is that going to be posted somewhere? I didn't see it in the circular, so I'm just trying to cover my bases in case the system doesn't catch the sale.

[quote name='rawrker']Its not a permanent drop, but it'll be a weekly sale for $19.99.[/QUOTE]
Where did you see that it'd be $19.99? I dont know that I'd run a deal like that at the same time I'm trying to get rid of older games with the LA Noire deal. People will just buy LA Noire + Tomb Raider Trilogy instead of an older $20 game. I would anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back