SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Torik_Shai']I get that, but then why have two different systems set up for what's essentially the same thing? If I have to be a SYWR member anyway, then why have gaming coupons at all when they could just be giving out SYWR points?

I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'd just like to figure this out now instead of when LA Noire actually releases. :)

EDIT: ^^^ Ah, okay, anti-fraud. But it specifies that's only the case with some promotions, is it confirmed yet that LA Noire's $20 coupon is one of those cases?[/QUOTE]

Would you rather have a general SYWR based employee deciding deals for the whole store or someone dedicated to gaming, who knows what we'll want?

And I'd guess that every deal that involving a coupon will require the SYWR membership from here forward, specifically for anti-fraud purposes.

[quote name='The_ZZ']I hope not. Josh himself never mentioned that AT ALL. I won't be able to take advantage of this deal then. :/[/QUOTE]
I have definitely mentioned it numerous times. That said, it is free to sign up and takes only a couple of minutes in store. The SYWR team runs cool promotions on top of mine that can equate to some serious savings. I highly recommend it. Pretty much all gaming coupon promotions promoted in the blog will be restricted to members only going forward.

[quote name='GPrime101']Would you rather have a general SYWR based employee deciding deals for the whole store or someone dedicated to gaming, who knows what we'll want?

And I'd guess that every deal that involving a coupon will require the SYWR membership from here forward, specifically for anti-fraud purposes.[/QUOTE]

actually, I think Josh still made the deals but the SYWR team and/or had a budget permonth/year or w/e so it limited deals (technically, the deals were amazing but josh said it was limited in the fact that he couldnt do as many? iirc)

[quote name='Torik_Shai']I get that, but then why have two different systems set up for what's essentially the same thing? If I have to be a SYWR member anyway, then why have gaming coupons at all when they could just be giving out SYWR points?

I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'd just like to figure this out now instead of when LA Noire actually releases. :)

EDIT: ^^^ Ah, okay, anti-fraud. But it specifies that's only the case with some promotions, is it confirmed yet that LA Noire's $20 coupon is one of those cases?[/QUOTE]
The main reason is internal financial levers are much different for the point system vs. The coupon system. I have much more control over the coupons and the publishers dig that all the sales go back into gaming.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']actually, I think Josh still made the deals but the SYWR team and/or had a budget permonth/year or w/e so it limited deals (technically, the deals were amazing but josh said it was limited in the fact that he couldnt do as many? iirc)[/QUOTE]
Correct, I front loaded the year as a bridge until the new coupons were rolled out.

Josh Tomb Raider Trilogy isn't actually going to be $19.99 is it? If so would it stack with the LA Noire deal? If so that'd be a pretty crazy good deal.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh Tomb Raider Trilogy isn't actually going to be $19.99 is it? If so would it stack with the LA Noire deal? If so that'd be a pretty crazy good deal.[/QUOTE]
I saw the 19.99 price point mentioned for some reason as well. It most likely will just be a save 10 based on the support from the publisher.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have definitely mentioned it numerous times. That said, it is free to sign up and takes only a couple of minutes in store. The SYWR team runs cool promotions on top of mine that can equate to some serious savings. I highly recommend it. Pretty much all gaming coupon promotions promoted in the blog will be restricted to members only going forward.[/QUOTE]

That's fine.. are the 5/10 deals member's only?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I saw the 19.99 price point mentioned for some reason as well. It most likely will just be a save 10 based on the support from the publisher.[/QUOTE]
That makes more sense thanks for clarifying.

I think out of the stores that offer some program I think Kmarts is the best as they actually give stuff back to you and you can look on the website and found out.

Example would be in this weeks ad, it says if you spend 35 dollars in one transaction then you will be able to earn a 5x point.

They did this couple weeks ago, spen 50 dollars, get a coupon for the next week for 10x the points. It helped as I had to get stuff anyway and the next week, when I picked up some new clothes and other things for the house, I earned 13 dollars back that day.

[quote name='The_ZZ']That's fine.. are the 5/10 deals member's only?[/QUOTE]
Yes, per what I just wrote, all gaming coupon offers promoted in the blog will be members only.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, per what I just wrote, all gaming coupon offers promoted in the blog will be members only.[/QUOTE]

Last week they weren't members only, right? Funny I've been following this thread all week and this is the first time I've heard of this..

I guess I'll have to sign up. Do I get a card in the mail or do I just tell the cashier my email or phone number?

[quote name='JohnnySako']Went to the Wilkes-Barre Twp., PA store this morning and picked up Resonance of Fate (PS3 - 1 copy left) and Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (PS3 - last one). Games were both marked $59.99 and rung up $19.97 each. Had no problems with the transaction. Thank you very much for the head up for these markdowns!!! =)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I never had a problem with the Wilkes Barre store except for the lack of fucking points cards. I don't know if they have them now but for at least two months this year (none in january, and feb) they did not have any X-Box or PSN cards. I don't know if they got them in now but...[/QUOTE]

Hey! Fellow NEPA CAGs! Wish I knew of your existence when I still lived in Wilkes Barre.
If you guys feel like making the journey, I know the Berwick store has point cards in stock.

[quote name='Torik_Shai']I get that, but then why have two different systems set up for what's essentially the same thing? If I have to be a SYWR member anyway, then why have gaming coupons at all when they could just be giving out SYWR points?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with departmental budgeting where the gaming coupons directly affect Josh and his gaming budget where the SYWR points affect a totally different department. The gaming coupons are good ONLY for gaming stuff while SYWR points can be used on anything in the store. I would assume the only reason Josh is cleared to offer such high coupon amounts is because it's for gaming only. There's no reason to not sign up to be a Shop Your Way Rewards member considering you essentially get more money back for buying stuff to get those coupons in the first place. Sure, it's pretty much only 1%, but when they have other deals going on that give bonus points in addition to gaming coupons, it really adds up.

EDIT: beaten. Oh well. Serves me right for not refreshing after stepping away for a few hours...

[quote name='The_ZZ']Last week they weren't members only, right? Funny I've been following this thread all week and this is the first time I've heard of this..

I guess I'll have to sign up. Do I get a card in the mail or do I just tell the cashier my email or phone number?[/QUOTE]
If you do it online you'd have to wait for a card in the mail. If you do it in store it's a million times more convenient and you get the card immediately. Just do it at the register before you make your next purchase.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If you do it online you'd have to wait for a card in the mail. If you do it in store it's a million times more convenient and you get the card immediately. Just do it at the register before you make your next purchase.[/QUOTE]

u can do it online and just give them ur email or phone number until u get ur card, or print out the temp card, makes no diff, u can sign up the day of and still participate i think

[quote name='ShockandAww']If you do it online you'd have to wait for a card in the mail. If you do it in store it's a million times more convenient and you get the card immediately. Just do it at the register before you make your next purchase.[/QUOTE]

Eh... too late. It says it'll come in 3-4 weeks, which is lame but it says I can give them my phone # and it should work. I guess this works fine from now on.

I do recommend the in store sign up as well.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']u can do it online and just give them ur email or phone number until u get ur card, or print out the temp card, makes no diff, u can sign up the day of and still participate i think[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's true, I just wasn't sure if it works without the card when trying to redeem any earned SYWR points. An which way though it's pretty simple and well worth it in the long run.

These deals are easily better than anyone elses. I used to buy from Amazon 90% of the time and in less than a year it's almost exclusively Kmart.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah that's true, I just wasn't sure if it works without the card when trying to redeem any earned SYWR points. An which way though it's pretty simple and well worth it in the long run.

These deals are easily better than anyone elses. I used to buy from Amazon 90% of the time and in less than a year it's almost exclusively Kmart.[/QUOTE]

and now Amazon tries to match deals that Kmart runs which shows how far along they have come since Josh took over.

Personally I never used to buy titles at all during their launch week, but the coupon train makes it so hard not to.

[quote name='rawrker']
Personally I never used to buy titles at all during their launch week, but the coupon train makes it so hard not to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't going to buy Lego Pirates of the Caribbean at release, but the $15 gaming coupon in combination with the $45 coupon I have sitting here that expires on 5/21 pretty much makes it a necessity ;).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The main reason is internal financial levers are much different for the point system vs. The coupon system. I have much more control over the coupons and the publishers dig that all the sales go back into gaming.[/QUOTE]

This made me think: have any of these publishers requested that the coupons only be useable on their own published titles? Not that you would do that but it seems like something that they'd think of when negotiating these deals.

[quote name='jer7583']This made me think: have any of these publishers requested that the coupons only be useable on their own published titles? Not that you would do that but it seems like something that they'd think of when negotiating these deals.[/QUOTE]

I could, only, see that working if the publishers were putting out multiple games back to back.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Not on topic, but what do you think is the problem with getting new releases on shelves in a timely manner at so many Kmart stores?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, as my department at my store, we have a way of setting everything up on Monday, to get everything new out on Tuesday mornings. The only time we have any trouble, is when new games come boxed with a large assortment of other games. Usually new release games/cds/movies all say R with their street date on the box, and we set them aside. Then Monday night we clear out the NR movie ends, and prep the NR boxes. Tuesday morning, before we open, they go out.

Unfortunately, if they are not differentiated as new on the boxes, they can get lost in the shuffle. But besides that, we uusally have no issues unless they are not shipped in a timely fashion.

[quote name='jer7583']This made me think: have any of these publishers requested that the coupons only be useable on their own published titles? Not that you would do that but it seems like something that they'd think of when negotiating these deals.[/QUOTE]
They used to actually, I used you all as the feedback that it would not be acceptable.

[quote name='EYG110']Not sure, as my department at my store, we have a way of setting everything up on Monday, to get everything new out on Tuesday mornings. The only time we have any trouble, is when new games come boxed with a large assortment of other games. Usually new release games/cds/movies all say R with their street date on the box, and we set them aside. Then Monday night we clear out the NR movie ends, and prep the NR boxes. Tuesday morning, before we open, they go out.

Unfortunately, if they are not differentiated as new on the boxes, they can get lost in the shuffle. But besides that, we uusally have no issues unless they are not shipped in a timely fashion.[/QUOTE]
Most new release video game shipments ARE combined though with multiple publisher titles since we use a logistics consolidator. Do you find it difficult to find these boxes in paticular? This is great feedback!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Most new release video game shipments ARE combined though with multiple publisher titles since we use a logistics consolidator. Do you find it difficult to find these boxes in paticular? This is great feedback![/QUOTE]

I personally don't, 90% of the time they are in a new release only box or in a box where the majority are New Releases. I think a better idea, although it would add on a little work, would be to send out a weekly new release sheet that has all the movies, cd's, and games that are coming out and maybe even require it to be signed off by a manager that they are out. New releases are never a problem at my store but it seems like for the majority they are a problem, and requiring a manager sign-off would help. Just an idea.

[quote name='EYG110']KMART electronics worker here. I checked this morning and the new drops were not in effect. They were not listed as an event price, and I know a good amount of those titles listed, do not have a pending price change.

In other words, if there was a problem, it is not the store's fault at this point in time.[/QUOTE]
Hi! Me again. We show the event is good to go actually. Can you look it up via event #?

999-934506.

Could I get a CAG to confirm that when checking the pricing it was not merely a price check request but actually RANG UP at the higher price. That would be great.

The items are loaded as a promotion, their reg. prices have actually not dropped but they should be ringing up correctly.

Any feedback would be great.

[quote name='Vigilante']You also get a $19.99 or under game free with L.A. Noire in addition to the $20 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Wow. LA Noire just went from a rent to a buy.. Josh does it again.

[quote name='Scorch']Wow. LA Noire just went from a rent to a buy.. Josh does it again.[/QUOTE]
I should get official confirmation by Wed.

[quote name='martinez91']I personally don't, 90% of the time they are in a new release only box or in a box where the majority are New Releases. I think a better idea, although it would add on a little work, would be to send out a weekly new release sheet that has all the movies, cd's, and games that are coming out and maybe even require it to be signed off by a manager that they are out. New releases are never a problem at my store but it seems like for the majority they are a problem, and requiring a manager sign-off would help. Just an idea.[/QUOTE]
I think something along those lines is a great idea.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I should get official confirmation by Wed.[/QUOTE]

That's only step one of a two step confirmation for us.. Step two will be when/if we actually see Noire on the shelf..

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Hey! Fellow NEPA CAGs! Wish I knew of your existence when I still lived in Wilkes Barre.
If you guys feel like making the journey, I know the Berwick store has point cards in stock.

[/QUOTE]

Actually the one in Hazleton should. Plus it would be an easier/faster ride from Wilkes Barre since you just take 81 to you get to the west hazleton exit and your like 2 minutes from the mall.

Where I live is almost equal distance from both hazleton and wilkes barre, but I work in wilkes barre.

[quote name='Scorch']That's only step one of a two step confirmation for us.. Step two will be when/if we actually see Noire on the shelf..[/QUOTE]
Good burn :)

LA Noire is a done deal for me at K-Mart thanks to the Portal Kombat deal. An extra $20 game on top of the $20 coupon is just the icing on the cake. Now I need to troll the shelf for a $19.99 title I want. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hi! Me again. We show the event is good to go actually. Can you look it up via event #?

999-934506.

Could I get a CAG to confirm that when checking the pricing it was not merely a price check request but actually RANG UP at the higher price. That would be great.

The items are loaded as a promotion, their reg. prices have actually not dropped but they should be ringing up correctly.

Any feedback would be great.[/QUOTE]:wall: Crap, I should have had Metro 2033 rung up, then, instead of just asking for a price check. *sigh* Hopefully it'll still be where I hid it when I'm able to go back to the Kmart.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They used to actually, I used you all as the feedback that it would not be acceptable.[/QUOTE]

Glad you were able to work that out. I would hope they see it as incentive to discount or highlight their own titles within the coupon window again in hopes people would come back and spend on their titles again. Competition is good and all that.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I should get official confirmation by Wed.[/QUOTE]
Wow, you got to be kidding me, $20 gaming coupon and a $19.99 game for free when buying LA Noire? I think the only problem I might have is picking up a $19.99 title. Believe it or not, I've trouble locating $19.99 and under games at my local k-marts.

[quote name='Serpentor']Wow, you got to be kidding me, $20 gaming coupon and a $19.99 game for free when buying LA Noire? I think the only problem I might have is picking up a $19.99 title. Believe it or not, I've trouble locating $19.99 and under games at my local k-marts.[/QUOTE]

They're probably just not updated on their stickers. The $20 games in the OP/start of the thread should be universal to all stores, I think. Go by that.

Wow, I went from only wanting LA Noire at Kmart, but now I plan on buying Brink, LA Noire, Witcher 2 and Dirt 3. This is conclusive evidence that Kmart is awesome

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hi! Me again. We show the event is good to go actually. Can you look it up via event #?

999-934506.

Any feedback would be great.[/QUOTE]

will the non-roto stores have the price drop as well?

[quote name='martinez91']I personally don't, 90% of the time they are in a new release only box or in a box where the majority are New Releases. I think a better idea, although it would add on a little work, would be to send out a weekly new release sheet that has all the movies, cd's, and games that are coming out and maybe even require it to be signed off by a manager that they are out. New releases are never a problem at my store but it seems like for the majority they are a problem, and requiring a manager sign-off would help. Just an idea.[/QUOTE]
Hi Martinez91! My name is Kelly...I'm the SHC-Gamer's lovely wife :) I work in Kmart Store Operations Communications at SHC. What you've suggested is a GREAT idea and is actually happening right now :) Every Thursday, I posted the full schedule of New Releases (Games, Movies, Music) to OWB for the upcoming Tuesday. I also insert a link to the New Release schedule in the Sales Driver Initiatives document that is sent to stores on Thursday via Information Support. Store Managers could/should be printing the schedule for reference. There is also an Action Planner project created and sent to the Electronics Lead associate. The link to the New Releases schedule is there as well. Please ask your SM. They should be printing the list. It's located at OWB/Gen Info/Monthly Planner/Month/Week/Sales Driver Folder. Thanks! And keep up the great work!!

[quote name='kellysue1414']Hi Martinez91! My name is Kelly...I'm the SHC-Gamer's lovely wife :) I work in Kmart Store Operations Communications at SHC. What you've suggested is a GREAT idea and is actually happening right now :) Every Thursday, I posted the full schedule of New Releases (Games, Movies, Music) to OWB for the upcoming Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Kelly, I'm not sure if this would be your area or not, but here is a related piece of feedback from the customer side. It would be great if the electronics department had an easily visible list of new releases for that week posted for customers.

You get some extra promotion for those games (and possibly associated deals) and I wouldn't have to occasionally convince the floor folks that a new game did, in fact, come out that week, but just isn't in the case yet. Not every new release is posted in the circular anyway, and I'm not asking for anything fancy, just a legibly printed page or two.

PS: How you keep your husband sane given the amount of time he spends here is beyond me, but please keep up the good work!

Is it confirmed yet that the drops are working? I really want to pick up a couple of those titles but I held off yesterday when I heard people were having trouble.

[quote name='splintercell']Kelly, I'm not sure if this would be your area or not, but here is a related piece of feedback from the customer side. It would be great if the electronics department had an easily visible list of new releases for that week posted for customers.

You get some extra promotion for those games (and possibly associated deals) and I wouldn't have to occasionally convince the floor folks that a new game did, in fact, come out that week, but just isn't in the case yet. Not every new release is posted in the circular anyway, and I'm not asking for anything fancy, just a legibly printed page or two.

PS: How you keep your husband sane given the amount of time he spends here is beyond me, but please keep up the good work![/QUOTE]
I knew when I married Josh that he was a gamer to the core. Now that he actually has a platform to share his love for gaming...I have to let him engage with you guys! Plus, he buys me gifts and stuff so that keeps me occupied :) haha...

As far as the customer-list posting idea. It's a GREAT idea! But to be honest, store associates, especially the Electronics associates, SHOULD alreadt know what releases are coming out when. We make sure the Store Managers are given the list in advance and they are told to cascade it down to the people who need to see it. I'm not sure if posting the list for the customers is the answer as much as having a copy of it at the register in the Electronics department, you know? That's something I am going to take back to my boss... That actually might work. We can give direction to basically attach the list to the register...that way when a customer comes in and goes, "Hey, where is L.A. Noire, it released this week?" The associate can go, "Let me reference the list to make sure it is indeed supposed to be out..." The issue of items not set shouldn't be happening to be honest...the new releases SHOULD be set before store opening on Tuesdays. Period. We are definitely working on figuring out where the breakdown in communication is. It really is unacceptable to NOT have merchandise out for customer purchase when it should be. THANK YOU for the feedback! :)

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Is it confirmed yet that the drops are working? I really want to pick up a couple of those titles but I held off yesterday when I heard people were having trouble.[/QUOTE]

I just scanned the UPCs for both versions of the Beatles 360 bundles at the store on Van Born in Dearborn MI. Both still scanned at $99.99, *not* at the new $49.97 price. For what it's worth, they had the value edition in stock, but no copies of the limited edition, that I was actually looking for.

[quote name='kellysue1414']Hi Martinez91! My name is Kelly...I'm the SHC-Gamer's lovely wife :) I work in Kmart Store Operations Communications at SHC. What you've suggested is a GREAT idea and is actually happening right now :) Every Thursday, I posted the full schedule of New Releases (Games, Movies, Music) to OWB for the upcoming Tuesday. I also insert a link to the New Release schedule in the Sales Driver Initiatives document that is sent to stores on Thursday via Information Support. Store Managers could/should be printing the schedule for reference. There is also an Action Planner project created and sent to the Electronics Lead associate. The link to the New Releases schedule is there as well. Please ask your SM. They should be printing the list. It's located at OWB/Gen Info/Monthly Planner/Month/Week/Sales Driver Folder. Thanks! And keep up the great work!![/QUOTE]
You're so hot :whee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back