SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Can anyone confirm today if the price drops we mentioned are working today?[/QUOTE]

If it won't be too late, I'm swinging by Kmart tonight to pick up brink.

I'll look for one of the recently marked down games and ask them to ring it up.

Just picked one up and was told to go to the website and put in the receipt # to receive the coupon. I guess that means I'm going to have to email you guys. Oh well... :cry:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupon code has been validated. It is in all stores. If for some reason it is not printing, literally they just have to reboot the register.

I've instructed IT that they can no longer process coupons the day prior as the lag seems to introduce issues.[/QUOTE]

Decided to try Kmart again when the whole Portal/MK promotion was going on. Figured I'd try Brink even with the crappy reviews since I could use the coupon I got and put the new one towards LA Noire. Surprise, no coupon printed out even with my SYWR #, since I used a coupon to buy it and theyre coded I just gave up and left. Think the only way for this store to not have issues is to close it down. Quite sad.

Got Brink and no coupon, bummer thing is I was planning on using it on LA Noire next week. Although we don't usually EVER reboot the registers, we don't usually have issues with coupon printing. Though I usually see the register go through a "Loading Rewards" phase shortly after we open when I'd ring someone up.

I scanned some of the games that should be $19.97 and they rang up right. We never got a notice that they dropped though, so we didn't re-ticket them. There's some new layouts due but it's on my list of things to do.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I try to read as many of the articles as I can. I think I am mostly upset because I thought this was a lock buy for me and now I am debating what the heck to do. I will most likely wait since there seems to be "something" off about the game. I did just read that the guy who did the Joystiq review may have only spent a few hours with the game. Some other reviewer at Vodoo Extreme posted pics of Joystiq reviewer's gamerscore and that showed he never beat any part of the game. He also claims that the 225 points he has can be done in like 2 hours of gameplay. This is definitely a game with some division.[/QUOTE]

Joystiq always gives a disclaimer at the end of its reviews stating if the game was completed, how they received it, etc. I'd trust the guy who's the brother of the reviews editor for one of the biggest gaming blogs in the industry over some Brink defender on a forum. He did come out and say he didn't finish the campaign.

From the review:
"This review is based on a retail Xbox 360 copy of Brink provided by Bethesda. It was played for 12 hours across single-player and multiplayer modes, including Campaign, Freeplay and Challenge. The reviewer was not on the winning side of three of the Campaign missions, despite multiple attempts."

Annoying about the coupons not printing though. This is just going to give my local store more ammunition for their "our store isn't printing coupons anymore" nonsense that they've started. Who knows why the guy told me that when I went to get motorstorm.. maybe management is having them throw the coupons out.

Sucks to see local stores progress seems to be backsliding a little bit. For a while there we weren't hearing as many issues about stores not putting product out or being clueless.

[quote name='nnthomas']Is the $20 free game a go with the LA Noire deal? Didnt see any mention in the past couple pages.[/QUOTE]

I believe Josh said he would know tomorrow wether its a done deal or not.

[quote name='jer7583']Joystiq always gives a disclaimer at the end of its reviews stating if the game was completed, how they received it, etc. I'd trust the guy who's the brother of the reviews editor for one of the biggest gaming blogs in the industry over some Brink defender on a forum. He did come out and say he didn't finish the campaign.

From the review:
"This review is based on a retail Xbox 360 copy of Brink provided by Bethesda. It was played for 12 hours across single-player and multiplayer modes, including Campaign, Freeplay and Challenge. The reviewer was not on the winning side of three of the Campaign missions, despite multiple attempts."

Annoying about the coupons not printing though. This is just going to give my local store more ammunition for their "our store isn't printing coupons anymore" nonsense that they've started. Who knows why the guy told me that when I went to get motorstorm.. maybe management is having them throw the coupons out.

Sucks to see local stores progress seems to be backsliding a little bit. For a while there we weren't hearing as many issues about stores not putting product out or being clueless.[/QUOTE]
Ok, I need to follow up with them "our store isn't printing coupons anymore"

Not acceptable.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ok, I need to follow up with them "our store isn't printing coupons anymore"

Not acceptable.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like someone's about to bust some kneecaps.

It is bizarre how differently each Kmart seems to operate. Are store managers supposed to have so much leeway with their store's operation, or is it something they've carved out for themselves? While deals are usually YMMV at chain stores, I know roughly what experience to expect in every Best Buy or Walmart. But Kmart is more often, shall we say, full of management surprises. It's like a pinata filled with either razor blades or chocolate, and you're not sure which until you try it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ok, I need to follow up with them "our store isn't printing coupons anymore"

Not acceptable.[/QUOTE]

I mean I know better, cause I'm like, IN THERE with this stuff but I assume this is what they've been telling other people coming in to get the deals who may not follow as closely. They were sold out of motorstorm so I didn't buy it there (went to another store about 10 miles away and coupon did print) to check but it seems like a pretty silly thing to say.

Store was
18200 W Bluemound Rd
Brookfield, WI 53045

Again it may have just been that day or a mistake. I don't want to get anyone in trouble or waste your time - it just made me second guess going back to this store after switching to it because another store never puts their releases out.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']
I just don't see why critics always slather it with praise equal to the second coming of Christ though, and the same goes for GTA and Halo. GTAIV was GOTY and all that jazz, but most everyone I talk to didn't like it nearly as much as San Andreas or Vice City because it started to become pretentious, the driving was awful and the social mechanics were worse.

The COD series has some extremely polished mechanics, but it's nowhere near perfection. The campaign is nonsensical at best and laughable at worst, and the multiplayer is a bloated mess of customization options.

It just seems like critics are their own worst enemy. Because the people who review the games are the same as those who are subject to and a part of the hype machine of trade shows and previews and demos, it seems like critics usually go into games much more positive, excited and subjectively than they should. And inevitably, hindsight takes hold and the murmuring of criticism begins rising after a game's had time to digest in the marketplace. Maybe I'm sensing something that's not really there, but I've picked up on a growing backlash against GTA, Halo and COD from both critics and players who were enamored of it at release but after time came to be more aware of its imperfections, and thus lower their opinions of it.

The Kinect and the Wii are great examples. How much critical praise were they getting before launch, and how are they viewed now? I'm guessing there's a big divide there, and I feel like that's happening more frequently.

Yeah, I've read enough now that I'm passing on Brink. As much as I love me some parkour FPS, it just sounds like a game that was not thought through, and that's lacking the critical balancing to make it playable. Damn.

Guess it's LA Noire and Dirt 3 for me then.[/QUOTE]

If you listen to my podcast, I'm in the CheapyD camp of praising Saints Row 2 over GTA IV as SR2 is a much better game. Rockstar did fix all of the GTA series issues though with Red Dead and it's also why I'm confident about LA Noire.

I'm a card carrying Nintendo hater now after the Wii and I'm the 1% of gamers in the US that's NEVER owned a Wii. Only played it like 3 times. I've played Kinect once and it's fun if you have kids but that's about it. At least Move can be added into other core games like shooters and sports.

Myself and my co-host both turned heads when we said ODST was the best FPS Halo game ever when it came out, although that title was taken by Reach last year. Halo 1 had a great story, then the expanded lore in the novels and Halo Wars, but 2 and 3 were really a mess storytelling wise and Bungie didn't really get back to good storytelling in-game, IMO, until ODST and Reach. I still challenge anyone that says Halo Wars isn't the best RTS on consoles (not a glamorous title, but slightly noteworthy.)

My GOTY from my show:
08- MGS 4
09- Uncharted 2
10- Mass Effect 2

In regards to Brink, hopefully KMart didn't buy too many of this title as it seems like any sales it's going to do are week 1 and then the sales will go off a cliff until it's sub $30. It's really weird how Bethesda games outside of the Fallout/Oblivion series just don't seem to be big hits. Wet was a decent game worth about $20-$30 but from what I'm reading I don't know if Brink is in the same boat or worse.

I bet this will affect not just KMart's, but all retailers orders, of Hunted at the end of the month. What was the last Bethesda umbrella game outside of Elder Scrolls/Fallout series to be a hit?

[quote name='LordVila']Went to K-mart this morning after a long absence to pick up Brink. From past experience at K-Mart I stopped at the customer service desk first thing to have an associate paged to electronics. When I get to electronics I notice Brink wasn't on the shelf and the associate said they never received it. I didn't feel like arguing with the associate to try and give them money so I decided I would just leave and buy it from Amazon.
[/QUOTE]

I dunno if it's worth the effort to some, but my local kmart runs into this issue as well. I ask them if they have gotten any boxes or anything (since I can usually see the big stack of boxes lol) and I offer to help look for it. It's weird though because they'll put out like a couple copies of one new release but not the rest.

Anyhow, L.A. Noire, hypehypehype:hot:

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Sounds like someone's about to bust some kneecaps.

It is bizarre how differently each Kmart seems to operate. Are store managers supposed to have so much leeway with their store's operation, or is it something they've carved out for themselves? While deals are usually YMMV at chain stores, I know roughly what experience to expect in every Best Buy or Walmart. But Kmart is more often, shall we say, full of management surprises. It's like a pinata filled with either razor blades or chocolate, and you're not sure which until you try it.[/QUOTE]
There are no surprises allowed.......none. But that is a hard change

[quote name='jer7583']I mean I know better, cause I'm like, IN THERE with this stuff but I assume this is what they've been telling other people coming in to get the deals who may not follow as closely. They were sold out of motorstorm so I didn't buy it there (went to another store about 10 miles away and coupon did print) to check but it seems like a pretty silly thing to say.

Store was
18200 W Bluemound Rd
Brookfield, WI 53045

Again it may have just been that day or a mistake. I don't want to get anyone in trouble or waste your time - it just made me second guess going back to this store after switching to it because another store never puts their releases out.[/QUOTE]

This is funny because I live in Racine, WI and the 2 Kmarts down here have never given me a problem. I had an issue one time with using multiple coupons but the associates actually TRIED to understand what I was telling them. I definitely think each store will reflect the management attitude of the people in charge. Hopefully, Kmart will continue to push their corporate policies and beat it into each store so that everyone has a good experience.

[quote name='jer7583']Sucks to see local stores progress seems to be backsliding a little bit. For a while there we weren't hearing as many issues about stores not putting product out or being clueless.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to post my last experience with Kmart, but I hope other people didn't run into the same problem I did whenever I bought Mortal Kombat and Portal 2. I called my local store around 6 PM on the day the games came out to confirm if they had received them. The lady I talked to said she wasn't sure if the games had been put out and went to go check for me. When she came back, she said they had Mortal Kombat in a box that hadn't been put away yet and she couldn't find Portal 2. I was planning on going there on Thursday to pick the games up, so not a big deal there.

I called up there the next night (Wednesday) and gave the lady who was working customer service the UPC code for Portal 2 so she could check if it was showing up in their inventory. She said it showed four copies on hand for the 360, so that sounded good to me. I have to drive about 30-35 minutes to get to my Kmart, so I wanted to make sure I didn't waste a trip there.

I go in the next day around noon and the games are nowhere to be seen on the shelf. So I went to the electronics counter and asked the guy if they had the games in stock and he kneels down behind the counter and I saw that they had a quite a few boxes with UPS labels just sitting behind the counter on the ground. He went through them and found both games, so I was happy.

I work retail and I think it's just crazy that some stores do not have new release products on the shelf for sell two days AFTER the games came out. I'm planning to pick up LA Noire whenever it comes out, but I'm not looking forward to the hassle I may have to go through in order to get it! I have another Kmart about 45 minutes away, so I might give that one a try this time.

Other than that, I just wanted to say thanks for the awesome deals Josh!

[quote name='maverikm']I believe Josh said he would know tomorrow wether its a done deal or not.[/QUOTE]

and if its not, i'm cracking skulls.

Hi All,
Good news- they had Lego Pirates on the shelves.
Bad news- no coupon printed.

The manager, Carol, happened to be at the electronics desk and remembered me from all the issues I had with Blops. She was very nice. She sang the praises of Josh, and how she went to a meeting with you and how wonderful you are. She knew all about the blog and thanked me for my efforts with that back in Nov.

She watched my transaction and no coupon printed. She wasn't aware that a coupon was for Lego. So she wanted to check the ad- surprise, surprise- it's not in the ad- (I still don't know why these deals are not in the flyer). SHe said she would check it out and get back to me. That's great- but still I have to either drive back to the store or wait in the mail for a gift card.

Josh- just once I want to walk in on a Tuesday, get the game, and get the coupon. In and out in 5 minutes.

BTW- I did not pick up 2 Mickey porch sitters at 90% off for my daughters. $2.99 each. Awesome!!!

There was talk earlier about how LA Noir was going to be on 4 disks. 'Lazlo' was on Opie and Anthony today and said it's releasing on 3.

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']I dunno if it's worth the effort to some, but my local kmart runs into this issue as well. I ask them if they have gotten any boxes or anything (since I can usually see the big stack of boxes lol) and I offer to help look for it. It's weird though because they'll put out like a couple copies of one new release but not the rest.

Anyhow, L.A. Noire, hypehypehype:hot:[/QUOTE]

I know this is beating a dead and rotted horse but that touches on a reason why I stopped going to K-Mart. I'm the customer I shouldn't have to help the employee do do their job. I shouldn't have to remind them that a new game is supposed to be out. I shouldn't have to argue with them that games come out occasionally on days other than Tuesdays. I shouldn't have to hunt for an employee or for merchandise. I also shouldn't have to run to Josh like a little kid that just got into a fight on the play ground.

K-Mart has made great strides in offering competitive deals that meet or beat other retailers. But if I have to jump through hoops such as offering to help an employee look through boxes or contact Josh to confirm that a store received inventory then the deal just isn't worth it.

Don't get me wrong I hope K-Mart succeeds because the more retail competition there is the better deals we will get from all other retailers (in theory). When Josh came on the scene it actually got me to go into K-Mart for something other than the clearance video games. The last time I actually had bought a new release video game at K-Mart before Josh was Ocarina of Time for the N64 and before that it was Duck Tales for the NES.

Despite me not taking part in the deals I would try and spread the word to non-CAG members about deals. Sometimes they would have a good experience and thank me other times they had a K-Mart experience and vowed to never go back.

Granted I have seen some very good K-Mart stores in my travels for work so it is clear progress is being made. Even from reading this thread now from one of the earlier threads its clear progress is being made.

I'm going to be honest, Amazon is my retailer of choice. I like the no hassle shopping experience. I like that I can order Virtua Tennis 4 from my phone and with free release day shipping have it waiting for me when I get home from work. I like how if a promo is offered it is applied to my account or sent to me via email with no hassles. I like how if there is an issue I can get on live chat and the customer service rep bends over backwards to keep you happy. Also this is another dead and rotted horse but I like no sales tax from Amazon which the state of TN is okay with. We even have the "Amazon Law". I know Josh has mentioned about a new online site for video games. I personally would be much more willing to shop from K-Mart online then setting foot in a store. That would take out my two big issues with K-Mart which are the employees and the case.

As far as employees not having inventory on the shelves. I worked in retail at a grocery store and then at a Movie Gallery which had a mini-Game Crazy in it. Every Monday night before the close of business I would have to work in space on the new release wall for all of the new movies coming out. You couldn't have no more than two copies of a movie doubled up and then I would work in the new release games in the case and have them priced and any promotional material laid out before I would leave for the night. It technically wasn't my responsibility to put out the new release games before I left but as a good employee I did it anyways because I knew how busy it could get on a Tuesday morning. From my experience if a customer is looking for something and they don't see it and even if you ask them if you can help them find something they will just say they are "just browsing" and leave and get the product from somewhere else. So if the games weren't out at opening on a Tuesday morning we could miss out on sales.

Sorry for the long and rambling rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it will help if the people that do get coupons post where they got them. It could save someone else a trip to another store, if they are in the same area. At least, while this is a recurring problem.

[quote name='RutgersKev']There was talk earlier about how LA Noir was going to be on 4 disks. 'Lazlo' was on Opie and Anthony today and said it's releasing on 3.[/QUOTE]

I personally don't think changing discs is a hassle but I sure would love to know which platform has the best graphics. I'm so sick of guessing which platform to get for every new release. :drool:

New guy in electronics and no Brink in shelves. When I asked about it he said they don't carry it and refused to look. Sigh...

Went to store #3911 to get Brink today. No one in the electronics department when I went back. Had to go to customer service and get someone paged. The guy who helped me just looked in the game case and said they didn't have it. They didn't have Portal or MK in the case when I went, either, but in boxes behind the counter. Kind of disappointing. Hopefully the coupon will print when they actually do get Brink in or decide to display it.

[quote name='Fabs']New guy in electronics and no Brink in shelves. When I asked about it he said they don't carry it and refused to look. Sigh...[/QUOTE]
(sees Josh vaporizing him from his office with a single press of a button)

SHC-Gamer: "You're fired..."

[quote name='bretfav'] (I still don't know why these deals are not in the flyer)[/QUOTE]
Isn't it because the blog deals aren't normally finalized until WAY after the ad goes to print?

Look at LA Noire. Josh won't know for sure about the free

[quote name='mguiddy']Isn't it because the blog deals aren't normally finalized until WAY after the ad goes to print?

Look at LA Noire. Josh won't know for sure about the free

Had nearly exact same experience as others with Brink. Not in case, not in box behind counter and employee outright refused to go look in back, stating they had a truck with 4000 things on it (exaggeration?) and to come back tomorrow. 2nd week in a row with a problem (coupon didn't print for Motorstorm last week).

I myself have often wondered why kmart utilizes alpha keepers and a glass case.
Why not one or the other? Kind of silly.

The case is ridiculous though. First you have to find an employee, a tall order, and then they don't want to stick around so you can browse.

Wouldn't it be easier to do away with the case, keep the alpha keepers and station an electronics employee locally?
Best theft deterrent is a person on the spot.

[quote name='aznhero913']I'm assuming your working right now at Kmart, can you please let us know through out the day if the coupons do print out.
I'd really like to save myself a trip in case they don't print out today.[/QUOTE]

Every store is different. I think one person said theirs printed but nobody else has had any luck. For whatever reason that particular store must have rebooted their register, so even if the store he is at does that most likely your store still won't unless you happen to be talking about the same store which I doubt.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Had nearly exact same experience as others with Brink. Not in case, not in box behind counter and employee outright refused to go look in back, stating they had a truck with 4000 things on it (exaggeration?) and to come back tomorrow. 2nd week in a row with a problem (coupon didn't print for Motorstorm last week).[/QUOTE]
So obvious B.S. from them, because unless something changed recently, games don't come in on the trucks.

[quote name='aznhero913']I'm assuming your working right now at Kmart, can you please let us know through out the day if the coupons do print out.
I'd really like to save myself a trip in case they don't print out today.[/QUOTE]
No, off today.
Went in to get Brink though. Figured I could play it all day. :lol:
I just know the ads are sitting in stores because they almost always are by now.

You know, looking at Section 8 Prejudice ($15 XBLA game with online mulitplayer, dedicated servers, and a full single player campaign) compared to $60 for brink which doesn't even have a real campaign mode (it's mostly bots with multiplayer-like objectives from what i've seen) it seems really silly.

People should go get section 8, it's really good.

[quote name='sadboy'](sees Josh vaporizing him from his office with a single press of a button)

SHC-Gamer: "You're fired..."
[/QUOTE]
Corporations hate saying "fired." His atomic particles were merely "let go," or "redundant," or perhaps "no longer existing due to laser-induced corporate restructuring."

It's one hell of a "thermal discouragement beam," to be sure. Perhaps they need to field test how workers do when trapped in a store full of deadly lasers.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Had nearly exact same experience as others with Brink. Not in case, not in box behind counter and employee outright refused to go look in back, stating they had a truck with 4000 things on it (exaggeration?) and to come back tomorrow. 2nd week in a row with a problem (coupon didn't print for Motorstorm last week).[/QUOTE]
He's mistaken. Games do not come in on the normal merchandise truck, but IIRC, their own truck. They arrive in stock before Tuesday release. However, since most employees probably don't know this, he's going to assume it won't be delivered yet and thus not bother to look.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
If you listen to my podcast, I'm in the CheapyD camp of praising Saints Row 2 over GTA IV as SR2 is a much better game. Rockstar did fix all of the GTA series issues though with Red Dead and it's also why I'm confident about LA Noire.

I'm a card carrying Nintendo hater now after the Wii and I'm the 1% of gamers in the US that's NEVER owned a Wii. Only played it like 3 times. I've played Kinect once and it's fun if you have kids but that's about it. At least Move can be added into other core games like shooters and sports.

Myself and my co-host both turned heads when we said ODST was the best FPS Halo game ever when it came out, although that title was taken by Reach last year. Halo 1 had a great story, then the expanded lore in the novels and Halo Wars, but 2 and 3 were really a mess storytelling wise and Bungie didn't really get back to good storytelling in-game, IMO, until ODST and Reach. I still challenge anyone that says Halo Wars isn't the best RTS on consoles (not a glamorous title, but slightly noteworthy.)

My GOTY from my show:
08- MGS 4
09- Uncharted 2
10- Mass Effect 2
[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, I'm in that camp too. I had such a blast with the childish antics of Saints Row that I'm very excited for the third game. But as for Halo... I don't think it has that great of a story. The storytelling itself isn't bad, and has improved iteratively, but it seems like they just took Niven's idea of a Ringworld, added some backstory on why it existed, and called it a day. My guess is a lot of the "lore" and "expanded universe" came after they realized it was a hit and fans wanted it. I could be wrong, I'm just speculating wildly, but I can't shake the feeling it pulled a Lost and feigned a master plot but was just driven wildly by the seat of its pants. I'm very skeptical of how much story is invested into a typical game, let alone an FPS, since usually it's been relegated to "make an intern justify the next level." Game plots and storytelling in general have gotten better, but man they have more room to grow.

Researching a new release guarantee program.

Goal: Provide x if a stores does not have the new release on the floor by 8a.m.

Verification needed is what I am struggling with:

Do you think the following could work:

• Store address / store number
  • Date
  • Camera pic of case where it should be located
  • Associate name confirming they do not have the game in

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Researching a new release guarantee program.

• Date
[/QUOTE]

what about a cash register print out saying there are no copies at that store?

Goal: Provide x if a stores does not have the new release on the floor by 8a.m.[/QUOTE]

That's a great customer-facing idea, but given both the stories of others and my occasional experiences, you probably don't have a budget large enough to cover that. :)

Also makes me wonder if having something like that publicized would make the service even worse, as both floor and management workers would just hate video games with a passion at that point, at least in some stores.

• Date
[/QUOTE]

I would say everything except the pic. I know my phone takes crap pictures and if we get an employee's name telling us this BS then that should validate the story.

The stores need to be the ones providing something if this happens. I would like to think that if a store is made aware of a program where they get penalized somehow for their incompetence then things could change pretty quick. Of course I'm sure blame would be passed around like crazy as to whose fault it is but these places should have a basic structure to this process to begin with.

[quote name='jer7583']You know, looking at Section 8 Prejudice ($15 XBLA game with online mulitplayer, dedicated servers, and a full single player campaign) compared to $60 for brink which doesn't even have a real campaign mode (it's mostly bots with multiplayer-like objectives from what i've seen) it seems really silly.

People should go get section 8, it's really good.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely +1 here. It's awesome value for the money, decently supported, easy to find games, and a new mode is just about to unlock for free.

In fact, when I was watching the Brink objective tutorial video, I just kept thinking that about 80% of their mission types are represented in Section 8, along with comparable class capabilities, and are dynamically launched within a match, without having to go pick them.

• Date
[/QUOTE]

I don't think we need to be given anything, people just want to have a painless and easy release date experience.

some kind of bonus for stores that report to you for compliance successfully could work. I don't know how much you're able to have 700+stores send you emails with photos that their items are stocked, but it's better than asking the customer to bring a camera into the store or dealing with shady people taking photos the day before release or something.

Or store management is responsible for reporting to district management or regional management to break up the workload. Then they just send you a thumbs up/thumbs down email that their stores have compiled or what percentage have reported in positively. This would give you a focus on which stores need attention and which are doing their jobs correctly. Not something you would need to do every week, but say once every quarter during a big release week would keep them on their toes.

[quote name='mguiddy']No, off today.
Went in to get Brink though. Figured I could play it all day. :lol:
I just know the ads are sitting in stores because they almost always are by now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro.

I was just trying to avoid 2 trips in case the coupons were a no-go today.

Good experience once again at Kmart store #7018. MX vs ATV Alive wasn't on the shelf, but the kid back in Electronics went to the back without me asking and found it. Checked out and was out of the store in 5 minutes.

If I would have caught up on this thread before I went I would have just waited till tomorrow to pick it up, but I didn't. :( So no coupon printed for me, will shoot an email to Josh though.

• Date
[/QUOTE]

You see Josh this is why we have stuck with you. Beyond the great deals you actually care about making a change. If things ever go south with Kmart I know you won't have trouble finding another job. This forum is one huge resume to your dedication to the customer experience. I hope those who are thinking of abandoning Kmart all together continue to stick with Josh because I believe he can turn things around (not that it is bad at ALL stores). Ok enough butt kissing. It is a great idea as long as people are not abusing it. A definite protocol for verification needs to be established.

[quote name='Vacabck']Good experience once again at Kmart store #7018. MX vs ATV Alive wasn't on the shelf, but the kid back in Electronics went to the back without me asking and found it. Checked out and was out of the store in 5 minutes.

If I would have caught up on this thread before I went I would have just waited till tomorrow to pick it up, but I didn't. :( So no coupon printed for me, will shoot an email to Josh though.[/QUOTE]

It's sad that a "good experience" is now down to:

- The product not being on the shelf to begin with
- No coupon printing out

Granted you had an employee willing to do part of their job and I know what you meant but it's still funny if you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back