SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Achilles00']If there's a part of DA1 that drags, that's it. Ogren was amusing, but he didn't grab me the way that the other characters did.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Add in the fact that there are so many different areas you need to run through to do each quest and each new area is a loading screen.

Hey SHC-Ad Monster,

I sent you an email on Crysis 2 promotion. I hope you received it and the receipt is clear enough for you. It's under the name James. Thank you.

[quote name='ucantcme69']The deal is already out. Its a 10 game coupon and $15 off a $40 wwe purchase coupon[/QUOTE]

Meh, only 10 bucks. I wont use the 15 off 40 wwe.

So when you get these 10 dollar coupons, how do you get them? At the store when you buy the game, print online, in the mail?

Last edited by a moderator:
My top three... even though there is no nearby Kmart, I will make a special trip for these if they happen...

Mortal Kombat ($20 coupon)
Motorstorm Apocalypse ($20 coupon)
Socom 4 Full Deployment Edition Move bundle ($30-$40 coupon)

[quote name='Trance Addix']Well, the most common excuse is the for the immersion factor. That said, I can't completely discredit it, but personally I get just as immersed -- if not more -- when the main character has a voice.[/QUOTE]

Same here you get more of a connection and emotion. A perfect example is the russian roulett scene.

[quote name='jer7583']send an email to ad monster or josh (emails are in the 1st post) with the receipt information and your store. They have promised a $20 gift card as compensation if the stores aren't keeping up with stock. They may be able to get in contact with the manager there as well and ask why they aren't doing their job in this respect.

Holy cow Dragon Age 1 is a long game.

I feel like i've been doing this dwarves/orzammar quest for a week.[/QUOTE]

Really? I breezed through that in a few hours lol. The castle -> cave portion took the longest for me.

I just want another $20 coupon for Zelda Skyward Sword. Josh has spoiled me with $20 worth of coupons for Kirby, DKC, and Mickey I've gotten use to my Wii purchases coming with one.

So I guess my top three are...

1) Zelda SS
2) Batman Arkham City
3) Next big original 3DS title from Nintendo (mario kart or kid icarus whatever Nintendo is planning)

If Last Guardian was for sure coming this year it would be in the top 3.

Josh, Amazon has raised their Tiger Woods 12 credit to $25, any chance of Kmart matching this? I'd prefer to give you the business.

My 3 6 eagerly-anticipated games for 2011:
  1. Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition
  2. Portal 2
  3. Max Payne 3
  4. LA Noire
  5. RAGE
  6. Duke Nukem Forever

I have an idea to make the 3DS deal special..............Make it on DS/3DS games because I rather own Poke'mon or Golden Sun on release day then any of the wack lunch titles

I probably added wrong but here's what people have picked so far for their most anticipated games:

Batman Arkham City - 13 votes
Skyrim - 12
LA Noire - 10
Mass Effect - 10
Gears 3 - 10
Uncharted 3 - 9
Deus Ex, Mortal Kombat, Battlefield 3, Skyward Sword - 5 each

top 3 are
1 batman arkham city
2 ???
3 ???

I am probably forgetting something obvious (for me) at the moment rage and la noire at 2 and 3
if I actually thought last gaurdian was coming out that would be #2

[quote name='SPARDA3g']Hey SHC-Ad Monster,

I sent you an email on Crysis 2 promotion. I hope you received it and the receipt is clear enough for you. It's under the name James. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. I will be addressing messages throughout the morning today.

[quote name='Bud Bundy Doll']The Beaverton KMART STILL DOESN'T have the PSN or XBL points (of ANY denomination). They have NOT had these since before XMAS. I still bought Crysis 2 anyways since $50 is a pretty good deal.. just thought I would let anyone heading that way to be aware.

The gift card "mall" by the entrance only has 3 month and 12 month XBL cards.[/QUOTE]

We will look into this store to find out why they don't have inventory.

1. Duke Nukem Forever ( I know its cornball, but geez, will I ever get to play it?) --> $20/25

2. Portal 2 -->at least match walmart/amazon: 55 + 20 coupon/GC

3. Mass Effect 3/ Batman: AC --> Since these both will have DLC (mission/challenge maps respectively), $20 + points card

Mass Effect 3 - To me it's like waiting for Return of the Jedi after watching the Empire Strikes Back

Battlefield 3 - COD has held the crown for long enough, hail the return of the king

Batman: Arkham City - Rocksteady hit a homerun last time can they do it again?

Honorables - Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, L.A. Noire, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Guilty pleasures - Duke Nukem Forever and Saint's Row 3

This is going to be one expensive year.

[quote name='mrn111']Mass Effect 3 - To me it's like waiting for Return of the Jedi after watching the Empire Strikes Back

Battlefield 3 - COD has held the crown for long enough, hail the return of the king

Batman: Arkham City - Rocksteady hit a homerun last time can they do it again?

Honorables - Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, L.A. Noire, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Guilty pleasures - Duke Nukem Forever and Saint's Row 3

This is going to be one expensive year.[/QUOTE]

It already has been and we're only a 1/4 through the year!!!!!

Still no deal for Dynasty Warriors 7....I am shocked. Comes out in 4 days...not important enough? Not enough stock? No interest? Just wondering...

[quote name='ShockandAww']I probably added wrong but here's what people have picked so far for their most anticipated games:

Batman Arkham City - 13 votes
Skyrim - 12
LA Noire - 10
Mass Effect - 10
Gears 3 - 10
Uncharted 3 - 9
Deus Ex, Mortal Kombat, Battlefield 3, Skyward Sword - 5 each[/QUOTE]
Are you adding votes from the blog? If not, then mine are:

Skyrim
Uncharted 3
Battlefield 3

But that's only the top 3 of a top 10. If these games are good, will be a nice year for gamers.

WOOOHOOO!!!

Off to MY trusty k-mart!!! Really looking forward to crysis 2 since stock boys post about the game.

Great day today........get to play a great game, get a good deal on the game, and donate to charity ($50 psn card will go to Japan relief)

[quote name='EOU Findub']Still no deal for Dynasty Warriors 7....I am shocked. Comes out in 4 days...not important enough? Not enough stock? No interest? Just wondering...[/QUOTE]
I think I remember hearing that it would be at a discounted price.

picked up crysis 2 yesterday but sadly no psn card :(. they had a few of them for the dragon age 2 promo but i guess they sold out of them. the reason why i think most stores never have them cards is just upper management not checking stock. a simple employee i guess doesn't feel the need to do more then what is expected or barley does what he/she is expected..

anyways josh keep up the great work and i'll definitly continue to show my support :)

Can someone please answer my question.... when you go to kmart and buy a game that comes with a gaming coupon, how do you get this coupon? From the cashier? online? mail? And do these coupons work on MS point cards? I just signed up yesterday so im a noob.

[quote name='EOU Findub']Still no deal for Dynasty Warriors 7....I am shocked. Comes out in 4 days...not important enough? Not enough stock? No interest? Just wondering...[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can get it for $49.99.

It is 10.00 off, it wasn't updated in the OP, but I had the same question as well a week or so ago and that was the response.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Can someone please answer my question.... when you go to kmart and buy a game that comes with a gaming coupon, how do you get this coupon? From the cashier? online? mail? And do these coupons work on MS point cards? I just signed up yesterday so im a noob.[/QUOTE]
It prints off after the receipt, so make sure when the cashier gives you the receipt, they give you the coupon attached. Sometimes they rip off anything extra (since an ad for DirecTV usually prints after as well) and throw it away. You can use it on anything that is more expensive than the coupon amount (so if it's a $20 coupon, you can't use it on a $19.99 XBL point card, but you can use it on a $49.99 one. And if the coupon's $25, then you can use it on either. Makes sense?)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Can someone please answer my question.... when you go to kmart and buy a game that comes with a gaming coupon, how do you get this coupon? From the cashier? online? mail? And do these coupons work on MS point cards? I just signed up yesterday so im a noob.[/QUOTE]

gaming coupons are not in effect just yet but yes when the gaming coupons come back all you have to do is buy the game and a gaming coupon will print out right after the receipt. and yes before you was able to buy anything game related such as ms point cards.

the deals we've been having is buy x game and get x in rewards points. some have been valued as 10 dollars back or such as crysis 2 where you get $10 back and a $50 psn/xbl card for $20 dollars.

Couldnt i buy a MS points and a candy bar to put it over 20, or does the item has to be over 20 dollars? And whats going to happen this week for WWE All-stars. Will that come with a coupon or points? Thanks for the replies!

[quote name='2DMention']Does Kmart still have blue light specials? I know it's their mascot.

How about blue light specials on games?[/QUOTE]

Kmart still has blue light specials. We have at times throughout the last few years have done some savings through blue light offers. One thing we are potentially considering is sending blue light special offers through mobile text messages.

Scored a Persona 3 limited for $19.97 and Aliens vs. Predator (360) for $14.99. No idea where the P3 came from (the sticker shows 3/20/2010).

[quote name='The 7th Number']Couldnt i buy a MS points and a candy bar to put it over 20, or does the item has to be over 20 dollars? And whats going to happen this week for WWE All-stars. Will that come with a coupon or points? Thanks for the replies![/QUOTE]

it has to be game related, as a candy bar doesn't count. good question, seeing as josh stated coupons will be back WWE will have a coupon attached to it. feel free to read the very first page where you can see all the info you need as well as upcoming deals :)

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Kmart still has blue light specials. We have at times throughout the last few years have done some savings through blue light offers. One thing we are potentially considering is sending blue light special offers through mobile text messages.[/QUOTE]

that actually would be cool, on a side note i sent you an e-mail ad-monster with my crysis 2 receipt and also interesting story from my local k-mart :roll:.

that actually would be cool, on a side note i sent you an e-mail ad-monster with my crysis 2 receipt and also interesting story from my local k-mart :roll:.[/QUOTE]

I got it. I will read and respond via email shortly.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']It prints off after the receipt, so make sure when the cashier gives you the receipt, they give you the coupon attached. Sometimes they rip off anything extra (since an ad for DirecTV usually prints after as well) and throw it away. You can use it on anything that is more expensive than the coupon amount (so if it's a $20 coupon, you can't use it on a $19.99 XBL point card, but you can use it on a $49.99 one. And if the coupon's $25, then you can use it on either. Makes sense?)[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make sense to me. You said you can't use a $20 coupon on a 1600 point card, but you can use a $25 coupon on a 1600 point card?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This doesn't make sense to me. You said you can't use a $20 coupon on a 1600 point card, but you can use a $25 coupon on a 1600 point card?[/QUOTE]

The way our savings coupon system works, if I set up a $20 coupon, you then must purchase exactly $20 or more in eligible product for the system to accept the coupon. So a $19.99 XBLA card will not be eligible because it is one penny under $20.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']The way our savings coupon system works, if I set up a $20 coupon, you then must purchase exactly $20 or more in eligible product for the system to accept the coupon. So a $19.99 XBLA card will not be eligible because it is one penny under $20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I get that, but that would also make the $25 coupon not work on the 1600 point card as well. But JustYourAverageJoe said it would work on either a $49.99 card OR a 19.99 card. That's the part that makes no sense.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah I get that, but that would also make the $25 coupon not work on the 1600 point card as well. But JustYourAverageJoe said it would work on either a $49.99 card OR a 19.99 card. That's the part that makes no sense.[/QUOTE]
Its off a game purchase. Just grab the cheapest thing for gaming and as long as the total is over 20.00 your coupon will work. I have done this in the past

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah I get that, but that would also make the $25 coupon not work on the 1600 point card as well. But JustYourAverageJoe said it would work on either a $49.99 card OR a 19.99 card. That's the part that makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question. Listen to the SHC rep who makes sense, not the average Joe. ;)

Saix is correct, the post to which he's responding gets muddled at the end and contradicts its own explanation by claiming that a $25 coupon could be applied to a lesser value card.

The only person so far who actually read my comment was salty tbone (and now D Psycho). I understand how the coupons work and I also understand that YourAverageJoe was incorrect. BUT at the end of his post he said "make sense?" so I was saying basically "no it doesn't".

The cost (before tax) of the item has to be equal to or greater than the amount of the coupon.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The only person so far who actually read my comment was salty tbone (and now D Psycho). I understand how the coupons work and I also understand that YourAverageJoe was incorrect. BUT at the end of his post he said "make sense?" so I was saying basically "no it doesn't".[/QUOTE]
Consider it a sleep deprived brain fart. My mistake, guys. I meant to go in the opposite direction -- a $15 should be able to be used on a $20 or $50. A lesser value coupon will work on a greater value item, but not the other way around.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions related to gaming coupons. I built and executed all 200+ gaming coupons last year, so I know everything there is to know when it comes to these coupons.

Got Crysis 2 and the points card without a hitch. Did notice that my SYWR card wasn't need to fulfill the card end of the deal, as my card had yet to be scanned when the cashier hit total.

I also noticed that they had their 3DS games on display.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Got Crysis 2 and the points card without a hitch. Did notice that my SYWR card wasn't need to fulfill the card end of the deal, as my card had yet to be scanned when the cashier hit total.

I also noticed that they had their 3DS games on display.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiousity, where the games on an end cap, or in the glass case?

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Just out of curiousity, where the games on an end cap, or in the glass case?[/QUOTE]

Glass case. They were on the top row, above all of the regular DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back