SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to K-mart , right when they open. thought there would be a line, but it happens I was the only 1 one there for a 3DS.

The lady which knew me as a regular, had to go to back room to get all the 3DS stuff.

Didn't bother me since, i wasn't in no rush. Got a blue 3ds and SSFIV no problem with the deal.

very happy with overall launch at k-mart.

-------------------------------------------

my 3DS is randomly shuting it self off between 15-30 mins of play. happens even after a full charge. crashed once going into home menu.

bummer for me since closest k-mart is 30 mins drive away. there goes my $25 saving.. :(

now I'm hoping kmart doesn't give me any trouble to exchange for another 3DS

Someone asked if they could get Josh to give them credit for a deal that ended because he (buyer) forgot when it ended and bought it late.

Obviously the answer is no. Otherwise I'm going to go get black ops and ask Josh for 25000 reward points. Oh it ended in November? I was unaware.

God I hate Kmart employees. Went in to get a DS and PilotWings. Guy tried telling me they weren't running the promotion and I'm like whatever. Luckily it goes through in the cash register automatically.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']God I hate Kmart employees. Went in to get a DS and PilotWings. Guy tried telling me they weren't running the promotion and I'm like whatever. Luckily it goes through in the cash register automatically.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you missed the first rule of KmartGamer... :D

I think the funniest thing about today is people thinking that there would be some kind of super rush at kmart lol.....I thought there would be too

My KMart is having a promotion this coming saturday, spend $100 and above you'll get $15 sywr. I might bring back my 3ds to get the $15 sywr

[quote name='coolrust']My KMart is having a promotion this coming saturday, spend $100 and above you'll get $15 sywr. I might bring back my 3ds to get the $15 sywr[/QUOTE]I don't think it's just your Kmart; as I posted earlier, there appears to be a promotion this Saturday where SYWR members get the following bonus points based on the amount of their purchase:

$50-74.99: 5,000 points
$75-99.99: 10,000 points
$100 or more: 15,000 points

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't think it's just your Kmart; as I posted earlier, there appears to be a promotion this Saturday where SYWR members get the following bonus points based on the amount of their purchase:

$100 or more: 15,000 points[/QUOTE]

Did this Promo get emailed out or something? Never mind. Just read that you got it in a digital receipt...

K-mart is also having a SYWR promo until the 28th. It is spend $100 or more and get 3x bonus points, so essentially 3% back. Not 100% sure if it qualifies for systems, but it did qualify for games I bought on Saturday.

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't think it's just your Kmart; as I posted earlier, there appears to be a promotion this Saturday where SYWR members get the following bonus points based on the amount of their purchase:

$100 or more: 15,000 points[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chriscolbert']I was responding to someone asking about the Crysis 2 deal that ran this past week. I don't know what promo you're referring to. [/QUOTE]

OK, it looks like I thought you were referring to the promo that I've quoted here. Your post came a post or a few after someone first posted these details, so I assumed that you were referring to this promo, not the Crysis 2 one.

Anyway, if I were to use my existing SYWR points and a couple of gift cards towards a 3DS, would I still qualify for the 15,000 bonus points? Or does the system do something where it offers me bonus points only for the portion that I actually pay for? Thanks.

[quote name='Achilles00']OK, it looks like I thought you were referring to the promo that I've quoted here. Your post came a post or a few after someone first posted these details, so I assumed that you were referring to this promo, not the Crysis 2 one.

Anyway, if I were to use my existing SYWR points and a couple of gift cards towards a 3DS, would I still qualify for the 15,000 bonus points? Or does the system do something where it offers me bonus points only for the portion that I actually pay for? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You should get the bonus points just fine. It's the base points that you would miss out on for whatever amount of SYWR points you were redeeming. For example, if you were a buying the 3DS for $249.99 and using $25 in SYWR points during the promotion you mentioned, you would get the 15,000 bonus points on top of whatever the base points are for $224.99 (249.99-25) since that's what you would be actually paying out of pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chriscolbert']You should get the bonus points just fine. It's the base points that you would miss out on for whatever amount of SYWR points you were redeeming. For example, if you were a buying the 3DS for $249.99 and using $25 in SYWR points during the promotion you mentioned, you would get the 15,000 bonus points on top of whatever the base points are for $225.99 (249.99-25) since that's what you would be actually paying out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

Right on. Thanks for the information.

For anyone that went into Kmart yesterday. How was the presentation of the 3DS? Was it on an end cap, or behind glass. Were all the games and accessories easily accessible?

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']For anyone that went into Kmart yesterday. How was the presentation of the 3DS? Was it on an end cap, or behind glass. Were all the games and accessories easily accessible?[/QUOTE]

It was on the bottom layer behind the glass. The games were right on top. I didn't notice any accessories, but then again I didn't look for them.

Stock Boy: How come so many Kmarts didn't have Street Fighter?

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']For anyone that went into Kmart yesterday. How was the presentation of the 3DS? Was it on an end cap, or behind glass. Were all the games and accessories easily accessible?[/QUOTE]

The 3DS hardware were on the bottom shelf behind glass. The accessories were on an endcap with a display graphic. No games in sight. (Didn't bother asking since there was nobody in electronics and I was just there looking for clearance TVs).

It was the usual for me at store #3471...had to ask someone to go to the back to grab everything. That being said, this was the first time I didnt have to argue about games getting released on Sundays. I will note that this store did not have Street Fighter which from the posts seems to be pretty widespread.

Edit: Accessories were on an endcap, the hardware and games had to be retrieved from the back.

yesterday went to the tacoma, WA kmart (6th) and was the first one there at opening. Went back to electronics and the gal asked what color before I even told her what i wanted. She is really one of two good electronics employees.. Anyway, got the 3ds and only four games to choose from, no SFIV 3d-no monkeyball.. Only able to choose from Ghost, Pilotwing, nintendogs, and Rayman. So, went w/ pilotwings.. No issues getting 25 off the game.. I only got the 3ds now because of the deal on the game-thanks Josh.. I couldn't decide on getting the system-but you helped my decision. :)

Now, lets get a killer deal on MK and Portal 2, and LA NOIRE>!!!

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']yesterday went to the tacoma, WA kmart (6th) and was the first one there at opening. Went back to electronics and the gal asked what color before I even told her what i wanted. She is really one of two good electronics employees.. Anyway, got the 3ds and only four games to choose from, no SFIV 3d-no monkeyball.. Only able to choose from Ghost, Pilotwing, nintendogs, and Rayman. So, went w/ pilotwings.. No issues getting 25 off the game.. I only got the 3ds now because of the deal on the game-thanks Josh.. I couldn't decide on getting the system-but you helped my decision. :)

Now, lets get a killer deal on MK and Portal 2, and LA NOIRE>!!![/QUOTE]

90 more likes away from revealing the deals for 4/19. Lets make it happen today:

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

I just wanted to show my appreciation for CAG, and SHCGamer. I purchased Crysis 2, a $50 PSN card for $20, and received 14k SWYR points. Otherwise, I doubt I would have purchased Crysis 2 or created a SWYR account, but it was an unbelievable bargain! Thank you. :)

Thanks Josh, got my 3DS yesterday from my store 3018, although they had to go in the back to get it. Also the games he brought out were the only ones he said they had, but didnt include lego star wars, pilotwings or street fighter 4, just mostly the garbage ones! Luckily he brought out Ghost Recon which was top on my list so I got that with it.

Great deal again Josh, glad to give Kmart more of my business!

Thinking about Shift 2, tomorrow, but i need to do some reasearch on it first

On top of that, are we back to gaming coupons that print out with the recipt?

Systems, Games, and Accessories were all in a glass case at the front of electronics right next to the register.

Very nice presentation. I assume Street Fighter wasn't out for sale because it was street dated and they assumed it comes out tuesday at every store.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Thinking about Shift 2, tomorrow, but i need to do some reasearch on it first

On top of that, are we back to gaming coupons that print out with the recipt?[/QUOTE]

Also picking up shift 2 tomorrow. As far as we have been told it will be coupons tied to our accounts with unique barcodes to stop the theft

[quote name='jer7583']Systems, Games, and Accessories were all in a glass case at the front of electronics right next to the register.

Very nice presentation. I assume Street Fighter wasn't out for sale because it was street dated and they assumed it comes out tuesday at every store.[/QUOTE]

Did they have the cool 3D header sign set up?

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Did anyone out there go to their Kmart and see both the games and the accessories on an end cap outside the glass?[/QUOTE]

The store in Everett, WA did. They were on the lockable peg hooks. They were on a mini endcap at the entrance to electronics from the main aisle.

No header sign up. The only reason I noticed it was because the employee was at the endcap looking for a SSFIV for the people in front of me.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Did they have the cool 3D header sign set up?[/QUOTE]

didn't see anything of the sort. This was West Allis, WI on Greenfield Avenue.

This was sunday morning though.

Store #3954 had everything up to standard: 3DS games/accessories on end cap, 3DS header, knowledgeable electronics associates, etc. Those guys seriously need to be commended.

On the other hand, store #3643... ugh, didn't bother... (for obvious reasons specified back on page 32).

My store (Dewitt, NY) had no 3ds systems (claimed they didn't get them) and two stacks of 3DS games with just the spines showing at the bottom of the case with DS games. I didn't see any other accessories.

[quote name='Firecrest']Store #3954 had everything up to standard: 3DS games/accessories on end cap, 3DS header, knowledgeable electronics associates, etc. Those guys seriously need to be commended.

On the other hand, store #3643... ugh, didn't bother... (for obvious reasons specified back on page 32).[/QUOTE]

Good to hear about #3954. Thanks for the info

hmmm, since games are usually 59.99 or less so we need to get both MK and portal 2 and a psn or 360 card to take advantage of the big coupon, correct?

[quote name='aznhero913']Do we need to present our SYWR card in order to receive the coupon?[/QUOTE]
You do not this time, the first round of gaming coupons will look a lot like the old ones but codes will vary by market/store, they will then be drilled down to every single purchase mid month and then SYWR integration will occur later on.

The delay is still on for now.

[quote name='Xellos2099']hmmm, since games are usually 59.99 or less so we need to get both MK and portal 2 and a psn or 360 card to take advantage of the big coupon, correct?[/QUOTE]

Josh says games only, accessories don't count. Meaning you have to buy a cheap game to get the 60.00 giftcard.

I guess I'll stick with my Amazon pre-order of Portal 2. Hopefully you guys have a different deal on MK soon after launch.

[quote name='seanr1221']Josh says games only, accessories don't count. Meaning you have to buy a cheap game to get the 60.00 giftcard.

I guess I'll stick with my Amazon pre-order of Portal 2. Hopefully you guys have a different deal on MK soon after launch.[/QUOTE]
XBLA/PSN count as well which is why I added the Save $10 with purchase.

Essentially if you buy MK and P2 with a points card you will receive $70 in value, which in all fairness to the competition, they are not close. I shouldn't say that, I guess mine only works if you are interested in multiple games.

[quote name='seanr1221']Josh says games only, accessories don't count. Meaning you have to buy a cheap game to get the 60.00 giftcard.

I guess I'll stick with my Amazon pre-order of Portal 2. Hopefully you guys have a different deal on MK soon after launch.[/QUOTE]

He did clarify on FB that the points cards would count (but no hardware or other accessories) towards the $120, so if you bought 2 games and one card you would be set.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']XBLA/PSN count as well which is why I added the Save $10 with purchase.

Essentially if you buy MK and P2 with a points card you will receive $70 in value, which in all fairness to the competition, they are not close. I shouldn't say that, I guess mine only works if you are interested in multiple games.[/QUOTE]

My fault, I was confused when you said this

Games only (no accessories, hardware, points etc.)

That is a really good deal then.

[quote name='chriscolbert']He did clarify on FB that the points cards would count (but no hardware or other accessories) towards the $120, so if you bought 2 games and one card you would be set.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember Josh, are you guys going to be carrying the MK Kollectors Edition? That would make the $120 threshold pretty easy to cross.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']XBLA/PSN count as well which is why I added the Save $10 with purchase.

Essentially if you buy MK and P2 with a points card you will receive $70 in value, which in all fairness to the competition, they are not close. I shouldn't say that, I guess mine only works if you are interested in multiple games.[/QUOTE]

Will point cards be back for sale in New Jersey by then?

I would be purchasing both Portal and MK so I would want to get a $20 point card to put it over $120.

[quote name='seanr1221']My fault, I was confused when you said this

That is a really good deal then.[/QUOTE]
Don't apologize, it was my fault. I deleted that post and updated it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Why did 75% plus of KMart's have no SSFIV on 3DS? That was the game I saw most at Gamestop and other places.[/QUOTE]
100% of all Kmarts had Super Street Fighter IV 3DS. It was our #1 3DS title yesterday.

If a store did not have it on the floor that is another matter, and a more frustrating one.

[quote name='aznhero913']So if we buy the socom deployment bundle, we get a $60 coupon?[/QUOTE]
We may not have them, working with inventory on this one this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back