SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aznhero913']My fellow CAGers are making this a tough decision now!!

I like the fact that I don't have to spend any money if I get the Wii version vs. having to buy a ps move. One the other hand the PS move is going to be something I ultimately pick up down the road.[/QUOTE]
Another thing to consider is if you plan on playing online. I would probably prefer the Wii for motion control, but my friends have it for PS3. So I will most likely buy it for that and maybe buy the Move down the road, although the wii is pretty much collecting dust right now (still have games I want to play, just no time).

I'm wondering Josh...if I play Playstation Move Heroes on this coming Saturday's KMart promo (get 5k-15k SYWR points depending on total purchase), will both bonuses stack?

Edit: I did remember Josh said that he will extend the PS Move Heroes promo until this Saturday due to the fact that the game came out on Wednesday and it shipped out the end of last week

[quote name='kirthew']Look... I don't want someone's face in my crotch... but I think that you should have more than 4 associates in a store... I should not have to go up to the customer service desk and say.. "Hey... I would like to give you some of my money... can you have a guy/gal go meet me in electronics"

That is why they have management... to make sure that Joe is not in the backroom f'ing off...

Now... I can see if you have to leave your station... you put a little button out that when you push... it broadcasts on the intercom "Customer Service to Electronics" That would alert the little minions that they need to get to electronics to help someone that wants to pay their salary....

As far as Gamestop employees... I don't know what it is like in your area... but I actually find it refreshing to go into my Gamestop... I get the answers that I need and want... and they are actually friendly and there to help... I have been in Gamestops where I have wanted to punch the guy in the face... but in the Redmond, WA area... they are decent folks.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda of a given at this point.

Gamestop = no hassle, in/out of store in 5 minutes, pay extra
K-Mart = a little work(fortunately I have ONE trust store near me) & top deals in the market right now.

I'll just call up a few gamestops and ask if they've got the wii/ ps move available to play w/ TW12.

Thank God I have a 2 week break b/n rotations this week so I can goof off online and play some games!!!

I've gone to Kmart a couple times now where nobody was working in electronics, and even asking at the front, nobody came for about 15 minutes, until I had to track someone down from a neighboring area. This is definitely not my experience in Walmart or Target, where for the most part the only time I don't see someone in electronics is if they're helping someone else in another aisle.

[quote name='fujishig']I've gone to Kmart a couple times now where nobody was working in electronics, and even asking at the front, nobody came for about 15 minutes, until I had to track someone down from a neighboring area. This is definitely not my experience in Walmart or Target, where for the most part the only time I don't see someone in electronics is if they're helping someone else in another aisle.[/QUOTE]

We must go to the same K-Mart ;)

Seriously... I don't want to turn this thread into a bash customer service at K-Mart... but companies pay tens of thousands of dollars for feedback like we are giving for free...

I was slightly harsh saying that I will never go back... that is a lie.. If the sale is good enough... I will go back.. I just don't want to stand there for 15 minutes... or be forced to go up to customer service to page someone...

If I was one of the K-mart / Sears guys here... I would reach out to my labor relations folks and finding out why my needed customers are standing around not being helped... In this economy... every customer is needed...

I think it's totally fair to criticize Kmart's customer service. Frankly, if it's locked up in a case I usually just pass at Kmart because the time commitment to get someone to help is not worth the savings. Even more complicated about the stuff locked in the cabinets is that they are so poorly organized it's very difficult to even find what you need or to see what they have. I can appreciate security, but like others have mentioned this is not a problem that you find at all of the competitors (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc.). If they found a way, you'd think Kmart could.

Fortunately most of the stuff that has been marked down is sitting out on the shelves, although not all of it. I really hate Walmart and I think they have substandard customer service, but they are like award winners compared to Kmart.

My two cents really quick, I can agree that kmart doesn't have the number one service in the world and does lack other management issues but this isnt really the ideal thread to rant, its a sales thread relating to kmart deals. Yes its freedom of speech to say what you want, but what this thread is trying to do is focus on the deals. If you have management, customer service issues I would consult Kmart headquarters for more responsive action. Like any business you shop at if you don;t like the whole business operation setup just shop elsewhere at a business where they can fulfill all your needs.

[quote name='mrgamer']My two cents really quick, I can agree that kmart doesn't have the number one service in the world and does lack other management issues but this isnt really the ideal thread to rant, its a sales thread relating to kmart deals. Yes its freedom of speech to say what you want, but what this thread is trying to do is focus on the deals. If you have management, customer service issues I would consult Kmart headquarters for more responsive action. Like any business you shop at if you don;t like the whole business operation setup just shop elsewhere at a business where they can fulfill all your needs.[/QUOTE]

I disagree 100% with you... This is the perfect place to discuss this because we are customers... who are looking for deals just like you... and there are K-Mart / Sears employees in this thread that are pretty high up in the organization it seems... and again... companies like Sears, K-Mart, Target, Microsoft... pay thousands and thousands of dollars for customer feedback that we are giving in this thread for FREE!

Let me give you an example... Instead of having a survey and taking time to get it right... Josh can come in here and say.. "How do you all feel about $10 off Homefront?" and get instant feedback that he doesn't have to pay a dime for...

Same thing with customer service... Josh's boss might come to him and say.. "How are your promotions going".... "Well they are going great... but the only complaint I am getting is that the employee's aren't there to help our customers and they are getting upset"...

And then Josh's boss goes and addresses that issue... That is how corporate America works... I could be like every other person who has a negative experience and not tell the company... but tell 25 other people my bad experience...

[quote name='Kain']In most cases, said employee that is working in the electronics section is also working in seasonal. Or in foods and candies. Or some other department. As great as these K-Mart deals are from Josh, it doesn't change the fact that K-Mart itself is struggling as an actual store. They're not going to hire 30-odd people that they can't afford just so every single department has someone sitting around twiddling their thumbs on the off-chance that a customer actually comes along.

And I don't know what it's like in your area, but I've never seen a K-Mart or a Walmart or any other store that has a buzzer to alert an employee. The only store I have ever seen such a thing in is Target. And as struggling as K-Mart is, I doubt they're gonna renovate their stores with buzzer systems if they can't even even handle hiring more employees.
[/QUOTE]

One of my local Kmarts has a buzzer - which the employees seem to ignore. I saw a guy hit the buzzer 3-4 times in about 15 minutes (I was looking through the disorganized clearance/value priced games). He wanted to buy something that was locked up. No one showed up, so he eventually just left.

Kmart isn't going to turn itself around by letting customers walk out without spending any money.

Luckily, I found a much nicer Kmart with organized glass cases and at least one good employee, so that's where I'll be shopping in the future.

[quote name='kirthew']I disagree 100% with you... This is the perfect place to discuss this because we are customers... who are looking for deals just like you... and there are K-Mart / Sears employees in this thread that are pretty high up in the organization it seems... and again... companies like Sears, K-Mart, Target, Microsoft... pay thousands and thousands of dollars for customer feedback that we are giving in this thread for FREE!

Let me give you an example... Instead of having a survey and taking time to get it right... Josh can come in here and say.. "How do you all feel about $10 off Homefront?" and get instant feedback that he doesn't have to pay a dime for...

Same thing with customer service... Josh's boss might come to him and say.. "How are your promotions going".... "Well they are going great... but the only complaint I am getting is that the employee's aren't there to help our customers and they are getting upset"...

And then Josh's boss goes and addresses that issue... That is how corporate America works... I could be like every other person who has a negative experience and not tell the company... but tell 25 other people my bad experience...[/QUOTE]

But that's not really how it works, in most cases customer service is really YMMV. Part timers like high school/college kids or people in between jobs with no incentive to do their jobs are everywhere. You can complain about one location and get it fixed temporarily, but it's not like the same situation wont pop up somewhere later down the road or at another branch.

The Kmart near me has a great guy in electronics who has been there for 7 years whereas the Target near me has a sourpuss lady who acts like I am forcing her to walk 10 miles from one department to electronics.

[quote name='kirthew']Look... I don't want someone's face in my crotch... but I think that you should have more than 4 associates in a store... I should not have to go up to the customer service desk and say.. "Hey... I would like to give you some of my money... can you have a guy/gal go meet me in electronics"

That is why they have management... to make sure that Joe is not in the backroom f'ing off...

Now... I can see if you have to leave your station... you put a little button out that when you push... it broadcasts on the intercom "Customer Service to Electronics" That would alert the little minions that they need to get to electronics to help someone that wants to pay their salary....

As far as Gamestop employees... I don't know what it is like in your area... but I actually find it refreshing to go into my Gamestop... I get the answers that I need and want... and they are actually friendly and there to help... I have been in Gamestops where I have wanted to punch the guy in the face... but in the Redmond, WA area... they are decent folks.[/QUOTE]

I am a former employee of Kmart. Usually on weeknights there was only enough budget for one worker in softlines (clothing), one for customer service, two checkout workers, and one in hardlines (toys, hardware, auto, electronics, sporting goods, grocery, housewares, etc). Have patience with the employees of Kmart - they have to be everywhere at all moments. My primary area was electronics, but given the area of store I had to cover, it was impossible to be in electronics. My suggestion is to either talk to customer service or walk around a bit and find someone. Odds are the person you run into will be the one covering electronics.

[quote name='mrgamer']My two cents really quick, I can agree that kmart doesn't have the number one service in the world and does lack other management issues but this isnt really the ideal thread to rant, its a sales thread relating to kmart deals. Yes its freedom of speech to say what you want, but what this thread is trying to do is focus on the deals. If you have management, customer service issues I would consult Kmart headquarters for more responsive action. Like any business you shop at if you don;t like the whole business operation setup just shop elsewhere at a business where they can fulfill all your needs.[/QUOTE]

Just my two cents here, but the author of the OP has made his opinion on the matter clear, and he thanks us almost daily for the records we provide of our experiences, positive or otherwise. With Josh's expressed blessing, I don't feel that this discussion is at all off topic.

[quote name='aznhero913']Gamestop = no hassle, in/out of store in 5 minutes, pay extra
K-Mart = a little work(fortunately I have ONE trust store near me) & top deals in the market right now.[/QUOTE]

This may just be my personal preferences as a shopper, but I consider the process of dealing with GS to be entirely hassled. I don't want to be asked if I want to preorder a specific title before I've said hello on the phone. I prefer to be able to pick up a new game without having to confirm that the store hasn't willfully gutted the package first. I don't want to be asked if I need help finding something in a retail space the size of a two-car garage where you can see 90% of the displays from nearly any interior vantage point. I don't want to be pressured into buying a magazine or card subscription to save on this and future purchases, and I never again want to be called two weeks later to be asked if I want to sell them back my game for store credit.

I prefer to be able to locate what I want unaccosted and maybe have to find someone to open a case to the GS experience any day.

Only time I ever ask them anything is when I go in looking for a certain game and if thye have it used.

Last time I was in gamestop, I made the employee mad because he was asking me if I was getting Homefront, which I told him I was, then asked me if I preordered it, which I told him no. After that he told me they would have extra copies and told him that I was getting it at Kmart because they have much better new release details and the guy went quiet instantly and his coworkers just glared at me.

it took me 30 mins despite repeated requests with a hyper 2-year old to get someone to help me in electronics and it took another 5-10 minutes for them to get the game out of the back and check out. if the deal for crysis 2 hadn't been so good i would have been super pissed. i would have gladly paid a few bucks more for no tax, no gas, free shipping had anyone come close to the crysis deal

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Only time I ever ask them anything is when I go in looking for a certain game and if thye have it used.

Last time I was in gamestop, I made the employee mad because he was asking me if I was getting Homefront, which I told him I was, then asked me if I preordered it, which I told him no. After that he told me they would have extra copies and told him that I was getting it at Kmart because they have much better new release details and the guy went quiet instantly and his coworkers just glared at me.[/QUOTE]

Oh it's so funny to tell Gamestop employee's about better deals on Amazon or Kmart. I do it especially when they ask me if I preordered something in a condescending tone.

Have to agree with other posts about no employees being in the department, and its not like there in another department either, I see them trikle out of the back break room everytime. Next time ill just knock on the door to summon someone instead of stading around. The deals are amazing btw, and they keep me coming back!

[quote name='chiwii']One of my local Kmarts has a buzzer - which the employees seem to ignore. I saw a guy hit the buzzer 3-4 times in about 15 minutes (I was looking through the disorganized clearance/value priced games). He wanted to buy something that was locked up. No one showed up, so he eventually just left.

Kmart isn't going to turn itself around by letting customers walk out without spending any money.

Luckily, I found a much nicer Kmart with organized glass cases and at least one good employee, so that's where I'll be shopping in the future.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!

Surveys and and feedback costs companies boat loads of money. This is not mentioning collecting an accurate focus group.
I KNOW Josh appreciates our feedback, it's probably the biggest reason for their amazing turnaround and recent success.

I almost gave up shopping at Kmart late last year but after speaking to Josh, I decided to give it another go when I moved and went to another store. Found a great one w/ a guy there most of the time. My only complaint w/ my location is that they have ABSOLUTELY no clearance games!

BTW Josh, if you're accepting requests for game prices, any chance of getting NBA JAM dropped below $20? This is one title I really wanna get but refuse to pay a dime over $20 for.

There have been times when the deals first started about a year ago when there was no employees in the electronics section but over time now there is usually someone there. Being in retail for 11 years starting off as a part-time worker all the way up to store manager for many years I can say the one thing about the amount of employees is that its all about sales. Every company has a matrix which tells each store based on store size and volume of sales how many employees are going to be there at any given shift. Think about how sales were at Kmart 5 or even 10 years ago. They were booming and had employees all over. Walmart has basically taken a lot of that business so they will have tons of employees there to help all the customers. As total sales improve in stores you shall see more employees in each store.
When it comes to customer service no matter how many or few employees there are will never determine whether they will give good customer service. I know in one of my local Kmarts they have a annoying sensor above the PS3 case that goes off when someone goes into the electronics section. The problem is that it will keep going off when the employee is grabbing a game out of the case and won't shut off. Reason I bring that up is because I prefer to go to that Kmart because the employees are nice and perform customer service. While the other Kmart could care less if I buy anything from there and can have attitudes at times. The bad customer service location has plenty of employees there but I rather deal with a annoying sensor continuously ringing than bad customer service. No one company whether it be Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy, Kmart or any other company will have great customer service all the time it all depends on the employees. We all have been to one company and had bad customer service while someone else in another area are getting great customer service.

[quote name='Fabs']Did anyone get super monkey ball for 3ds at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

I tried but there wasn't an employ in electronics.

[quote name='Fabs']Did anyone get super monkey ball for 3ds at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

Mine had it as well as Street Fighter (which many others seemed unable to find). I was looking for Bust-a-Move, though, and had no luck with that.

In regards to employees never being in the electronics section...

I have a theory;

It seems like Kmart staffing doesn't do stocking overnight or before the store opens and that they do most of it last minute or once the store has already opened for business. I would bet that most of the younger staff are "electronics" staff so therefore because Kmart is already undermanned, those are the staff who are asked to unbox and move heavy items.

I've personally witnessed a supervisor call the kid in electronics out of his department and to the front of the store to assist an elderly customer with her cart and make sure she got it in her car.

I've also heard the same guy gripe about how he always has to assist other departments which means he never gets his own work down in electronics

[quote name='GBAstar']In regards to employees never being in the electronics section...

I have a theory;

It seems like Kmart staffing doesn't do stocking overnight or before the store opens and that they do most of it last minute or once the store has already opened for business. I would bet that most of the younger staff are "electronics" staff so therefore because Kmart is already undermanned, those are the staff who are asked to unbox and move heavy items.

I've personally witnessed a supervisor call the kid in electronics out of his department and to the front of the store to assist an elderly customer with her cart and make sure she got it in her car.

I've also heard the same guy gripe about how he always has to assist other departments which means he never gets his own work down in electronics[/QUOTE]

As someone who works in electronics at a kmart, and I hesitate to say in electronics, I can say that this happens at my store, I am the only young male that works electronics, and whenever I am there and the store is undermanned (probably 80% of the time) I get called to do furniture, carryouts, carts and whatever else they feel like only a young male employee should do, and put somebody who has no idea what they are doing or oftentimes have nobody at all in electronics. Oh yeah, and after working here about 2 and 1/2 years I still make minimum wage. I'm sure I'm not the only one... :cry:

[quote name='DPsycho']Mine had it as well as Street Fighter (which many others seemed unable to find). I was looking for Bust-a-Move, though, and had no luck with that.[/QUOTE]

Well crap, Thats what I want to use my coupons on. I have Pilotwings, Street Fighter, and Lego Star Wars. I've heard good things about Ghost Recon, maybe I'll go with that.

[quote name='sdclippers']I tried but there wasn't an employ in electronics.[/QUOTE]

..this stopped you? really? because the service desk where you can ask for an employee to come to electronics is RIGHT by the exit.

[quote name='Scorch']..this stopped you? really? because the service desk where you can ask for an employee to come to electronics is RIGHT by the exit.[/QUOTE]

I tried but there was no drive up window so i left

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']i got 20 dollars in store credit with my rewards card. debating whether i should get dynasty warriors 7 for 19.99. hmmmmm[/QUOTE]Well, technically you'd be getting DW7 for $29.99 since it's on sale for $49.99 this week, unless you have an extra $10 GC or something. ;)

So many people complaining, you sound like little girls who broke a nail. I'm sick of reading everyone complaining they couldn't wait to save 20 bucks. People work 2 hours for that money and you guys can't wait 30 mins. Cry babies! End rant.....,

I wanted to let everyone know Josh is traveling all day today to be with family. He will review posts and emails later today and or this weekend. Please feel free to drop me a note today if you have any problems, suggestions, or comments.

Bad experience today. Went into get a 3DS and they didn't have them in the case. So I asked the girl working electronics to check in the back. After about 10 minutes she comes out with one. I then Asked her about the coupon and she didn't know. So I ask for the manager. After about 50 minutes the manager, a big muscular women comes in yelling at me "what do you want." I replied I want my coupon in a somewhat polite tone. She then yelled "here's your coupon" she then proceeded to grab me from the back of my head and repeatedly slamed my head into the glass case. So I leave empty handed and wasted my lunch break. Maybe I'll have luck tommorow.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Bad experience today. Went into get a 3DS and they didn't have them in the case. So I asked the girl working electronics to check in the back. After about 10 minutes she comes out with one. I then Asked her about the coupon and she didn't know. So I ask for the manager. After about 50 minutes the manager, a big muscular women comes in yelling at me "what do you want." I replied I want my coupon in a somewhat polite tone. She then yelled "here's your coupon" she then proceeded to grab me from the back of my head and repeatedly slamed my head into the glass case. So I leave empty handed and wasted my lunch break. Maybe I'll have luck tommorow.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I wanna shop at that Kmart!! :applause:

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Bad experience today. Went into get a 3DS and they didn't have them in the case. So I asked the girl working electronics to check in the back. After about 10 minutes she comes out with one. I then Asked her about the coupon and she didn't know. So I ask for the manager. After about 50 minutes the manager, a big muscular women comes in yelling at me "what do you want." I replied I want my coupon in a somewhat polite tone. She then yelled "here's your coupon" she then proceeded to grab me from the back of my head and repeatedly slamed my head into the glass case. So I leave empty handed and wasted my lunch break. Maybe I'll have luck tommorow.[/QUOTE]

April Fools!!! :applause:

Make your story have more sex with the violence.. What else does a good story have......? explosions!! Yeah..

[quote name='Xellos2099']Josh, can u confirm how long will the mk and portal 2 coupon last? 30 days?[/QUOTE]

I think they're gonna last 45 days.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Josh...can you start posting the deals in a centralized location. It's seriously a bitch to have to go to Facebook and the blog to find the deals that aren't posted on the other place.

[quote name='aznhero913']I think they're gonna last 45 days.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

It will be 4 weeks valid from 4/24 to 5/21

I want to explain a little more about how the $60 coupon works. It will actually print out 2 coupons. One will be for $15 and the other one will be $45 = $60. When you buy $40 to $119.99 in gaming software or gaming cards the sytem will print out 1 coupon for $15. If you spend that extra penny and hit $120, then the system will print out a $15 and a $45 coupon. The coupons will be redeemable starting 4/24 and will be valid for 4 weeks.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']I want to explain a little more about how the $60 coupon works. It will actually print out 2 coupons. One will be for $15 and the other one will be $45 = $60. When you buy $40 to $119.99 in gaming software or gaming cards the sytem will print out 1 coupon for $15. If you spend that extra penny and hit $120, then the system will print out a $15 and a $45 coupon. The coupons will be redeemable starting 4/24 and will be valid for 4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Does this include DS games and will Mortal Kombat Collectors Edition be available, that plus Monster Tale, will make it all worth while for me.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']I want to explain a little more about how the $60 coupon works. It will actually print out 2 coupons. One will be for $15 and the other one will be $45 = $60. When you buy $40 to $119.99 in gaming software or gaming cards the sytem will print out 1 coupon for $15. If you spend that extra penny and hit $120, then the system will print out a $15 and a $45 coupon. The coupons will be redeemable starting 4/24 and will be valid for 4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

That's actually really cool since it gives a bit more flexibility if there was another game coming out the following week to where you could just pay the difference to add to the $45 coupon one week and then use the $15 the following week. If you used them on games that had their own corresponding coupons then I would have to say that the coupon train will officially be kicked into high gear!

[quote name='chriscolbert']That's actually really cool since it gives a bit more flexibility if there was another game coming out the following week to where you could just pay the difference to add to the $45 coupon one week and then use the $15 the following week. If you used them on games that had their own corresponding coupons then I would have to say that the coupon train will officially be kicked into high gear![/QUOTE]

I also like the split. Having a $60 coupon would require more planning since you couldn't just buy a 59.99 game with it.

[quote name='lortiz9490']Does this include DS games and will Mortal Kombat Collectors Edition be available, that plus Monster Tale, will make it all worth while for me.[/QUOTE]

That would include DS games. The CE editions for MK will only be available in select stores. Check with Stock Boy to see where it will be available.

[quote name='Toomuchboost']So many people complaining, you sound like little girls who broke a nail. I'm sick of reading everyone complaining they couldn't wait to save 20 bucks. People work 2 hours for that money and you guys can't wait 30 mins. Cry babies! End rant.....,[/QUOTE]

Actually... some of us make more than $20 an hour...

The most valuable commodity in the world is time... you can never get it back... so you have to be careful how you spend it...

So waiting 30 minutes for someone to come over and unlock a cage and then ring me up... is a waste of that most valuable commodity I have... :)

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']It will be 4 weeks valid from 4/24 to 5/21[/QUOTE]

4 weeks huh, need to think since the only game worthwhile the 4 week after 4/19 would be LA Noir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back