SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
i was out of town for awhile so am way out of the loop. i did manage to pick up Shift 2! Was pleasantly surprised by $5 SYWR.... didn't know that was part of the deal.

Had an odd time with the 'poll' they were doing -- 'would you recommend this store to your friends'... it wouldn't let me pick 'unlikely', and the woman behind the counter got a little aggravated when she saw that's what i was trying to select, and grilled me on 'why', and got really defensive.

the machine still wasn't taking my poll result, so she said 'let me try'... and proceeded to select 'likely' for me. seriously. very off putting.

i'm a bit confused about the 120/60 deal coming up, but i think i've sorted it out. i think that's the week Socom 4 comes out so i'm psyched, assuming that qualifies.

[quote name='VaultDweller']im liking the $60 coupon deal, is like a b2G1F except you can wait for a better deal to spend the coupon on[/QUOTE]

I agree, much more flexible. Having to pop the total to over $120 pretax is still a bit of a nuisance but I'm definitely thankful for the coupon split. It looks to me like another case of Josh positively responding to CAG feedback.

[quote name='affa']i was out of town for awhile so am way out of the loop. i did manage to pick up Shift 2! Was pleasantly surprised by $5 SYWR.... didn't know that was part of the deal.

Had an odd time with the 'poll' they were doing -- 'would you recommend this store to your friends'... it wouldn't let me pick 'unlikely', and the woman behind the counter got a little aggravated when she saw that's what i was trying to select, and grilled me on 'why', and got really defensive.

the machine still wasn't taking my poll result, so she said 'let me try'... and proceeded to select 'likely' for me. seriously. very off putting.

i'm a bit confused about the 120/60 deal coming up, but i think i've sorted it out. i think that's the week Socom 4 comes out so i'm psyched, assuming that qualifies.[/QUOTE]

I believe your $5 SYWR bonus was due to a promotion Kmart was running today where you got $5, $10 or $15 in bonus points depending on the total amount you spent in store.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']no deals for this week? or gonna be updated late? and i understand josh is busy but was just wondering[/QUOTE]

On Josh's facebook it says "Homefront will be $39.99 next week in-store".

that's all that's been posted, granted that nothing really comes out next week except Karaoke revolution for wii. 4/12 will be the bigger week.

[quote name='mgford11']On Josh's facebook it says "Homefront will be $39.99 next week in-store".

that's all that's been posted, granted that nothing really comes out next week except Karaoke revolution for wii. 4/12 will be the bigger week.[/QUOTE]

ahh k, thanks, guess nothin this week from kmart for me

I purchased WWE All Stars at Kmart today due to the promotion. The deal was get a 15$ coupon for WWE merchandise which i didn't receive, but i got everything else on the promotion. Basically i just didn't get the 15$ coupon.

I'm not sure what is needed to get this resolved, but i'll post the receipt code if that helps.

# 03699 040211 034 40618

The store was 3699 in Apple Valley, CA

Thanks.

Man, I was unable to check this thread for over 24 hours on a weekend, and... wait, only one new page? Phew. Thank goodness for off-weeks. ;)

[quote name='DPsycho']Man, I was unable to check this thread for over 24 hours on a weekend, and... wait, only one new page? Phew. Thank goodness for off-weeks. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm the same as you, haha. Hate having to catch up on the 5 pages or more.

[quote name='jokoloko']I purchased WWE All Stars at Kmart today due to the promotion. The deal was get a 15$ coupon for WWE merchandise which i didn't receive, but i got everything else on the promotion. Basically i just didn't get the 15$ coupon.

I'm not sure what is needed to get this resolved, but i'll post the receipt code if that helps.

# 03699 040211 034 40618

The store was 3699 in Apple Valley, CA

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you bought it today (Sunday), the deal is over. Deals run the week of release until Saturday at close.

If only Shift 2 was $40 the week of Portal 2! Drats.

By the way, I think the dates on the Homefront deal are wrong. It says the deal ran from the 27th through yesterday, but on his FB, he's reminded us it runs this week.

spare the thread the stories. Let's all enjoy the deals.

Last edited:
[quote name='jer7583']I did take some throwaway PSP games to gamestop to trade in and it's funny how the cashiers respond to your politely saying "no thanks" to a preorder and then when they persist tell them that you just wait to see what kmart's deal is cause you usually buy new games there.
[/QUOTE]
My response is usually, "Do you have (name of an uber-rare edition that's no longer available for pre-order in most places)?" I win either way. That's how I roll.

Does anyone know if you can use the $15 WWE Merchandise coupon that was printed out from WWE All Stars, to purchase another WWE All Stars? I may have a someone who is interested in buying a copy.

I've always wanted to ask the gamestop employee if they would mind NOT playing my preorder before handing it over to me... just to be a jacka$$ but lately gamestop has served a purpose (finding clearance CE's) so I don't want to burn a bridge

[quote name='Scorch']If you bought it today (Sunday), the deal is over. Deals run the week of release until Saturday at close.[/QUOTE]

Brah i posted that around 1 am Sunday, but i bought it on Saturday.

I bought Fallout NV: CE this weekend at GS for a gift and felt horrible for giving such a POS company my business.

Hate that store. Saw MD vs. DC for $10. Brought it over to the clerk and they said they opened all the games that were on sale B/C it was their policy........sigh....POS store til' the end.

In answer to the question of Homefront ringing up correctly, it does. I picked up Homefront today for around $4. $40-$20 shift 2 coupon-$16 SYWR = $4 !!! Thanks Josh!

[quote name='aznhero913']I bought Fallout NV: CE this weekend at GS for a gift and felt horrible for giving such a POS company my business.

Hate that store. Saw MD vs. DC for $10. Brought it over to the clerk and they said they opened all the games that were on sale B/C it was their policy........sigh....POS store til' the end.[/QUOTE]

I feel you. There is a GS near me at the mall that one has one employee who thinks he's the shit for working at GS. Most pretentious asshole employee I ever met.

I remember back in the day when GS was small the employees were rather cool. I'm just running into annoying people that belittle the customer via condescending matter if there is no preorder.

[quote name='Zero Kyori']Does anyone know if you can use the $15 WWE Merchandise coupon that was printed out from WWE All Stars, to purchase another WWE All Stars? I may have a someone who is interested in buying a copy.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the coupon, but I don't see why it wouldn't allow it. Unless the coupon says no video games or something to that effect, it should work for any WWE merchandise.

[quote name='bornbuckeye']In answer to the question of Homefront ringing up correctly, it does. I picked up Homefront today for around $4. $40-$20 shift 2 coupon-$16 SYWR = $4 !!! Thanks Josh![/QUOTE]

Yeah I also I just picked up homefront for 40 beans. I saw a signs in the game case that said bulletstorm 39.99 and the nintendo Ds 25 dollars off a game. Are these still valid? How about crysis with the 50 point card?

A friend asked me about that one after I told him about it.

apparently no retailers are carrying el shaddai.

Last edited:
[quote name='seanr1221']You guys have pretty terrible Gamestops, I have six+ around here and not one is like that.[/QUOTE]
They over exaggerate everything on here when it comes to Gamestop. Crybabies.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']They over exaggerate everything on here when it comes to Gamestop. Crybabies.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't complaining.

Kmart is the better place to go to buy new releases, 100%.

Last edited:
[quote name='FINALBOSS']They over exaggerate everything on here when it comes to Gamestop. Crybabies.[/QUOTE]
Been more than 10+ occasions they tried to sell me a "new" game thats not sealed anymore. So just because you havent had any occasions dont mean the rest of us havent.

He didn't say you were complaining. Just over exaggerating. Don't get so defensive.

Kmart has better deals on new games yes. Why bring it up to the employee? What can he honestly do about it? Better off not saying anything and remembering in your head you get good deals at Kmart.

For me, Amazon is the best place to get new games, but do I come in here and say that in response to deals posted? And that would have more of an impact since Josh is much higher up (obviously) than random GameStop employee.

It's fair to bring it up with a GS employee when said employee badgers you and asks why you won't preorder with them. You know, like in the experiences documented here.

A polite "it's ok, I'm fine" will do.

Dick riding Kmart won't change GameStop prices. If you feel strongly about it you have two choices.

1.) Don't go there and keep getting deals at Kmart

or

2.) Write a letter of concern to GameStop corporate.

I vote 1. Pretty easy to do.

Right, so you didn't even read the post where a GS employee demanded a reason and wouldn't take "no thanks" for an answer. Got it.

Haven't shopped there myself since last summer either.

What?

"Would you like to preorder anything?

"No thanks."

"You sure, we have lots of great stuff coming in."

"it's ok, I'm fine."

See?

Instead of

"LOLLLLLL I GET BETTER DEALS AT KMART."

or "Can I preorder this rare collectors edition that I know isn't being preordered anywhere *troll face*"

You just come off as childish and immature.

Here, let me reverse it since you have some theory of mind issues.

My Kmart (the one in Wayne, PA) rarely has someone in electronics. I have to hunt down an employee.

My Target and Best Buy always have someone around.

If I go into kmart and say, "You know, over at Target, I never have to track someone down! LOLLLLLL" would I not come off like a dick?

It's pointless. Complain to the proper channels. Don't inflate your ego off of someone who probably doesn't even enjoy their job to begin with.

[quote name='seanr1221']He didn't say you were complaining. Just over exaggerating. Don't get so defensive.

Kmart has better deals on new games yes. Why bring it up to the employee? What can he honestly do about it? Better off not saying anything and remembering in your head you get good deals at Kmart.

For me, Amazon is the best place to get new games, but do I come in here and say that in response to deals posted? And that would have more of an impact since Josh is much higher up (obviously) than random GameStop employee.[/QUOTE]
They do it just be snotty.

Just like the dude who asks for an ultra-rare game. Just being pricks.

Heaven forbid the Gamestop employee is trying to do his job. Let's make it difficult for him too!

It's no wonder some people have problems at K-Mart too--who in their right mind would want to work in retail in put up with some of the elitist bullshit these people spit out.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']How about some price drops on the clearance titles? Last drop was in February...[/QUOTE]

Toss in metroid trilogy for Wii

[quote name='skateraXVIII']How about some price drops on the clearance titles? Last drop was in February...[/QUOTE]

How about some collector's edition price drops.

Saying things like "Gamestop lackey's reality comes crashing down around him" and "internal lolz" makes you childish.

Nice attempt at the butterfly effect for justification, Jer :roll:

Just admit, you came in here to post a story to get an internet "pat on the back."

Stop being a dick consumer. No one likes a dick consumer. Enjoy your deals.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Back to the 4/19 deal. If I get 2 x mortal kombat + a live card or w/e. I can still get the 15/45 coupon, right?[/QUOTE]
Yep.

[quote name='salty tbone']Just a reminder that this is the Kmart thread. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I applaud the effort, but the K-Mart threads are always 99% noise, 1% signal. If it's even that good. :(

Always been a bunch of agitated fanboys of other retailers in here. Guess they can't take the heat from Josh's excellent work and feel that posting utter nonsense is the only way they can defend their favorites.

[quote name='AJVtony831']It's somewhat annoying coming into a k-mart thread and having to go through all these posts about gamestop.[/QUOTE]

cleaned it up. SeanR doesn't need to "call me out" anymore. Totally exposed for wanting to share an experience about kmart's deals! :lol:

Looking forward to portal 2 but probably going to skip MK. Not sure yet. I'd be surprised if anyone buys the 360 version considering the PS3 version comes with the PC version at no extra cost.. gonna be interesting to see the sales on that.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']They do it just be snotty.

Just like the dude who asks for an ultra-rare game. Just being pricks.

Heaven forbid the Gamestop employee is trying to do his job. Let's make it difficult for him too!

It's no wonder some people have problems at K-Mart too--who in their right mind would want to work in retail in put up with some of the elitist bullshit these people spit out.[/QUOTE]

So it's cool to come in here and say Amazon has better deals but it's not okay to go to Gamestop and say K-Mart has better deals? Cool, gotcha.

[quote name='DPsycho']Always been a bunch of agitated fanboys of other retailers in here. Guess they can't take the heat from Josh's excellent work and feel that posting utter nonsense is the only way they can defend their favorites.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what that has anything to do with anything. I love Josh's deals, and I like coming here to discuss how great they are, but why would I care about someone bragging about going into Gamestop and putting down their employees?

cleaned it up. SeanR doesn't need to "call me out" anymore. Totally exposed for wanting to share an experience about kmart's deals! :lol:

Except there's a difference between a kmart deal "experience" and "i told someone else 'i snagged this for cheaper' and watched them hit rock bottom while 'lolzing' to myself"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back