SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That is actually why I am doing it now, to build some analytics for the fall/holiday. This is just as much of a test as it is a promotion.

Question, I am thinking 110/50 is more customer friendly based on our system, agree?[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, kind of a hassle to get this deal working when my local kmarts don't have the $20 points cards.

Josh, welcome back, and I just want to reiterate my request to have Tiger Woods 12 hit $39.99 sometime before May 21, because I want to use my coupons from this week's offer on it. Target has already got Tiger for $37 this very week, so maybe you could even hit $34.99 next month? :mrgreen:

Just a quick question, but I just want to make sure this hasn't changed since the previous coupons. These coupons will be usable on hardware, right? I may jump on this to finally get a PS3.

Josh, F the haters. If they want to bitch and complain when human error happens on deals and offers that would NEVER have happened if you didn't get the position you have now, they aren't worth your time.
People will find anything to complain about and it's sad.
"Oh, I went for the offer but only one of the coupons printed out and despite the fact that I KNOW everything will be taken care of by Josh, I'm going to complain that they need to get their shit together and this is absolutely ridiculous."
Eat a dick, complainers. It's the first week of a new style of promotion and there was a glitch that was fixed within a day. And if you were a victim of the glitch, you WILL be taken care of and you know that. Be thankful that somebody as awesome as Josh is making such incredible offer for you to sit and cry about in the first place.
Sorry for being so rude, but it pisses me off that some people can be so bitch and ungrateful over this stuff.

I'd just like to state to those that seem to rag on Kmart all the time cause of small issues. That you guys really don't know how small the problems really are. Any and all issues I've ever had have been taken care of by Josh and his team with amazing results.

I would have never thought Kmart to be so customer service friendly but Josh's team really has changed all that at least on the corporate level. Store level is still highly lacking in most places but that will take more time. I think its a small inconvenience to not get a deal immediately when I know if there is an issue I have 110% confidence in Josh's team that they will fix it and make it right. You tell me any other corporate company thats willing to go that far for their customers.

Josh and team thank you all so much for your hard work. I wish you continued success :applause:

PS I can't wait for tuesday so much gaming goodness to be had.

As little as it means to them, I would also like to drop a big screw you to all the complainers.
What has been accomplished at kmart is nothing short of amazing. A year ago it is the last place I would have looked to find a video game, hell, anything for that matter. I never went in the place.

You have done great work josh, and are changing the face of how retailers will offer us deals. As an upper level retail manager I share the frustration of having poor execution at the customer service level. Its an insufferable bitch when the best laid plans go awry due to laziness and a general lack of caring by some hourly employees, such as points cards not being put out, new releases, lack of knowledge, etc...
Keep up the good work, you have my loyalty. Can't wait for Tuesday.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Reality check guys, I may be completely off base here as I have no idea what time it is right now, but the only deal issues that I am aware of this year so far is the Marvel vs. Capcom points issue and the CE edition of Killzone. Both were points related and I had little control over it. The CE edition of Killzone may have generted ten emails as well, very small problem.

This is the first coupon related systemic issue that I have seen in a looong time and it was simply user error and fixed in less than 24 hours.

This is my opinion only, I don't want anyone to not speak their mind, again, if I am off base please let me know.

I'm all about deriding the poor experiences or the stock issues, but systemically I think we are better than we are getting credit for today.[/QUOTE]

Josh - a "simple human error" that causes multiple people not to get the deal as advertised is more troublesome than shitty retail workers at the local level.

While I know that you'd take care of anyone inconvenienced by this, the fact of the matter is that it should never have happened.

Yeah M v C was a SYWR issue. And this was a coupon programmer issue. Do you think anyone cares about internal delineation of departmental screw ups? It's a "oh by, KMART fucked up again" issue.

If you had one of those Accident Screw Up Free for ___ Days signs at the work place, you'd have to reset it at 1. It doesn't matter that there were "only" 3 this year and 2 of them were beyond your control.

I don't know who programmed in the coupon - it could have been you, it could have been ad monster, it could have been someone who you really like. The fact is that you either take pride in your job (and this includes retail workers) or GTFO. One mistake? Ok, we all make them. Next time that dude makes a mistake, it's over.

WB Josh. So I can go buy 6 psn cards for $120 and get $60 worth of gaming coupons that will work on psn and xbox points cards after the 24th?

I too am amazed at what Kmart has done in the gaming industry and can say I would never ever have expected it. Josh and the others who respond to people quickly and take care of the problems are top of the line in my eyes when it comes to customer service.

IMO, people calling out other people on here for being upset though is wrong. Deals like this that have been promoted and talked about for over a month SHOULD NOT have any problems with them. If they have been talked about for over a month openly in this forum then you are damn sure they have been discussed in detail in some conference room/call with the higher's of the corporation. However, a huge issue arose from this. Some of you are calling out others, but just imagine if you were the one who went into to the store expecting the sale, didn't get your $15 coupon, and then had to go through numerous people, explain to them the deal, be told that you aren't right or that you didn't do the deal correctly (in most cases), and then leave after spending a hell of a long time at the store?

I can easily understand the frustration level if this happened to someone, and I would hope the Kmart crew would be the first people to step up and say it was a mistake, and they will do their best not to have it happen again.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just writing to confirm the issue has been addressed. By store opening this morning the registers should be updated with the fix. It unfortunately was just human error by the person updating the code. Shit happens sometimes.

In terms of the never ending issues :) The only issue that I see truly as not on the right track is the in store experience. Usually all of our issues come up due to consistently trying new things. This company has never had to do what we are putting it through. I'm actually pretty pleased with the systemic process improvement. As new issues arise they have been handled quickly and fixed for the future.

I just need a truly focused field staff whose only responsibility is entertainment so we can fix the back room issues and other service related problems. Case in point, based on store checks , most stores that do not have the points cards, in fact actually do have them somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I think the biggest problem I've seen with the stores is that they have no idea about what the deals on the games are each week, I have no doubt that your probably notifying them somehow but the information is getting lost in translation somewhere. The fact that they don't know what the sale is or that there even is a sale leads to them being unhelpful at times whenever there is a problem with the system.

Would it be possible for corporate to start providing the sale "signs" (little piece of paper noting the sale) for the stores? Not just for video games but anything really. This would force the stores to recognize and hopefully become somewhat familiar with the deal when they put the signs up for display. Also, on a side note, the signs could be a file that each store prints off each week so as to save on shipping costs compared to if they were being mailed to each store.

Oh, and like everyone else has said, kmart has taken 90%+ of my video game money since I found this website with the deals posted each week. Keep up the good work.

@confoosious

Holy shit dude, calm down. You'd think kmart stabbed your family and burned your house down.

He apologized, and it has been fixed. I work for a huge company similar to kmart and these sort of screw ups are common place in simple deals that simply involve mark downs or instant rebates. Every day I see at least one HO MEMO telling us to fix something in the system at store level. This was a more complicated deal, it may have looked inputted right and remember this is a very new kind of sale, it probably looked right and it wasn't till it was put into a register at store level is where it failed.

These happen every day like i said , just happens this time was in a department you actually give a crap about, not nail polish, bread, etc...

Calm the fuck down dude, and respect the man who's changing the face of how retailers offer us deals on videogames.

Our download coordinator informed us that the $60 gaming coupon glitch is fixed. However, if anyone out there went to Kmart and bought $120 in games or PSN/XBLA cards today, can you let us know if received your $15 and $45 coupons with no issues.

[quote name='theironunkind']Sorry, I can't remember...

Would Kmart price match the $37 Tiger Woods 12 Target has this week?[/QUOTE]

They don't price match

My biggest gripe with KMart right now which probably can't be fixed is I hate how they display games. I can't stand retailers that hide all the games behind the glass cases. My KMart barely has prices near any of their games so trying to figure out how much your spending is impossible until you are ringing up. I could tell it was annoying for the guy in electronics and it was frustrating for me too to keep getting games out of the case and price check them so I could figure out how to make the 120 deal work best.

I think I have it all figured out for tomorrow. Sorry, I am a Kmart newb. Can anyone verify I am going about this right.

-I signed up for "Shop your way Rewards" today with a valid email and checked all the boxes for emails. Printed out a temp member card.
-I plan to purchase Portal 2 (PS3), Crysis 2 (360) + another $25 game for a total of $120+
-I'll receive a $15 coupon and a $45 coupon on my receipt that I must use before May 21th.
-I can then take the $15 and $45 coupon and redeem them for Brink or L.A.Noire and basically only have to pay taxes?

Do I have it right? Or am I missing something? Thanks.

[quote name='OnettHero']@confoosious

Holy shit dude, calm down. You'd think kmart stabbed your family and burned your house down.

He apologized, and it has been fixed. I work for a huge company similar to kmart and these sort of screw ups are common place in simple deals that simply involve mark downs or instant rebates. Every day I see at least one HO MEMO telling us to fix something in the system at store level. This was a more complicated deal, it may have looked inputted right and remember this is a very new kind of sale, it probably looked right and it wasn't till it was put into a register at store level is where it failed.

These happen every day like i said , just happens this time was in a department you actually give a crap about, not nail polish, bread, etc...

Calm the fuck down dude, and respect the man who's changing the face of how retailers offer us deals on videogames.[/QUOTE]

:imwithst::imwithst:

@confoosious

Seriously dude, this is a work in process. Does the situation suck? Absolutely!!

Do you really think Josh is taking these situations w/ a passive approach or do you think he's working his tail off trying to fix it? For Christ sakes, the guy was posting on this forum at 5 am 2 days after an international flight.

Honestly, if it were me, I would have nixed all the promos until I got everything set and error free. I would have left the gaming dept. w/out any promos for 3-4 months. Which in turn reduces competition. Do you really think amazon/best buy/target would be running these insane promos w/out competition? LOL, they were offering $10 if you pre-order and then changed it after K-mart stepped up.

Fortunately Josh is the one working for SHC. He's advocating great deals and honestly listening to what WE want.

Once again confoosious I know the situation suck but this ain't checkers man, it's chess. There are so many ripples Josh is making in the gaming pond that it isn't even funny.

[quote name='horns456']I think I have it all figured out for tomorrow. Sorry, I am a Kmart newb. Can anyone verify I am going about this right.

-I signed up for "Shop your way Rewards" today with a valid email and checked all the boxes for emails. Printed out a temp member card.
-I plan to purchase Portal 2 (PS3), Crysis 2 (360) + another $25 game for a total of $120+
-I'll receive a $15 coupon and a $45 coupon on my receipt that I must use before May 21th.
-I can then take the $15 and $45 coupon and redeem them for Brink or L.A.Noire and basically only have to pay taxes?

Do I have it right? Or am I missing something? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

spend a penny more when buying only 1 title. game is 59.99 and coupon is for 60.

Calm the fuck down dude, and respect the man who's changing the face of how retailers offer us deals on videogames.[/QUOTE]

hahah, you've been here like 2 days? I'm one of Josh's biggest supporters. I'm giving him some much needed criticism.

[quote name='horns456']I think I have it all figured out for tomorrow. Sorry, I am a Kmart newb. Can anyone verify I am going about this right.

Do I have it right? Or am I missing something? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I believe that if you want to use both coupons in the same transaction, your total has to be over $60 pretax

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Our download coordinator informed us that the $60 gaming coupon glitch is fixed. However, if anyone out there went to Kmart and bought $120 in games or PSN/XBLA cards today, can you let us know if received your $15 and $45 coupons with no issues.[/QUOTE]

I would love to find out if this is working before I have to go out to pay a bill today. I don't need anymore games but if I can get 6 psn cards for $120 and a $15 coupon to spend on another and a $45 coupon to spend on a $50 psn card then it's a no brainer. Basically $130 for $190 worth of psn goodness is too good to pass up if I knew for sure it would work as advertised.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I would love to find out if this is working before I have to go out to pay a bill today. I don't need anymore games but if I can get 6 psn cards for $120 and a $15 coupon to spend on another and a $45 coupon to spend on a $50 psn card then it's a no brainer. Basically $130 for $190 worth of psn goodness is too good to pass up if I knew for sure it would work as advertised.[/QUOTE]

i'm headed to kmart now. i'll let you know in about an hour if they have the games i want.

[quote name='aznhero913']spend a penny more when buying only 1 title. game is 59.99 and coupon is for 60.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AJVtony831']I believe that if you want to use both coupons in the same transaction, your total has to be over $60 pretax[/QUOTE]

That is very helpful, so basically when I go to buy Brink or LA Norie I need to find another add on that qualifies to get the price up a bit.

[quote name='Vigilante']Stock Boy recently said that Kmart won't be getting any copies of FFIV Complete Collection (he definitely said no copies) due to some internal discussion or something, even though Kmart received copies of Duodecim and 3rd Birthday.[/QUOTE]

Lame :(

Looks like I'll have to get a 4000 points card for my roommate's b-day, Mortal Kombat, a 1600 points card for myself, and then probably that clearance R-Type for PSP I keep looking at...

And since the $60 is in the form of gaming coupons that don't activate until 4/24, I'll just save them...probably for Brink or LA Noire.

I'll just get FFIV at Best Buy...more RZ points for me!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That is actually why I am doing it now, to build some analytics for the fall/holiday. This is just as much of a test as it is a promotion.

Question, I am thinking 110/50 is more customer friendly based on our system, agree?[/QUOTE]
I'd say 110/50 is definitely better than 130/60 (as it realistically stands now) for the simple fact that it would make the deal less complicated and more instinctively easy to get. I've seen this deal posted up a few places around the net, and most people seem to think just buying two games will work. The extra bit needed to activate the deal isn't communicated as well because people instinctively round up two games to $120, or count in tax, or some such and think that's all they need to buy. Since people are used to B2G1 and not the extra requirement, I'd say a deal that plays off that psychology would be beneficial. It means it's not quite a true B2G1 though, with that last $10 needed on the third game, so it becomes a case of advertising the flexibility of your system ("Buy as many games to get to $110 as you want!") versus others when places like TRU do theirs in the fall to stand out. You could always make it a $55 coupon, but maybe it doesn't surprise you I'd suggest that. Just my $0.02.

To the people getting worked up over criticism, relax. While needless whining doesn't accomplish anything, constructive criticism is definitely good. Part of the reason Josh is active here is to get feedback on deals and ideas and to use us, a group of enthusiast gamers, as a barometer for what we as a larger group of consumers might want. That means letting him know when things aren't working, so it can be fixed or passed up the corporate ladder as needed, or when things aren't that desirable. He's changed deals in the past based on feedback, and as his comments show, may do so in the future for deals like this one based on the feedback he's been getting. Criticism, when constructive, helps make things better. Besides, Josh knows we CAGs support him. You don't win a bunch of community choice awards without people liking you.

[quote name='iceman88']My biggest gripe with KMart right now which probably can't be fixed is I hate how they display games. I can't stand retailers that hide all the games behind the glass cases. My KMart barely has prices near any of their games so trying to figure out how much your spending is impossible until you are ringing up. I could tell it was annoying for the guy in electronics and it was frustrating for me too to keep getting games out of the case and price check them so I could figure out how to make the 120 deal work best.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, Kmart is demoing new cases in some test markets in the coming months as part of a bigger push to revamp the electronics/games section. It's no overnight fix, but it's something.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm a huge fan of you guys but is this promotion seriously not working as planned? Get your shit together already![/QUOTE]

This is constructive man? You keep it up there big guy.

I've been a member since December deep thinker, forum elitism is retarded.
" I've been her forever, I have free license to act stupid"
That's a good attitude.

Ill be checking out the sale tomorrow. I don't care aboutt Mortal Kombat or Portal but my girlfriend wants MK. I'm sure I can find a way to fill out the rest of the $120.

As far as I'm concerned the longer you've been on here, the more retarded you are so no forum elitism from me.

My point is that I've been in this thread a Long time and if you were too, you'd know that I'm a huge fan/supporter/apologist of Josh/Kmart.

[quote name='OnettHero']This is constructive man? You keep it up there big guy.

I've been a member since December deep thinker, forum elitism is retarded.
" I've been her forever, I have free license to act stupid"
That's a good attitude.

Ill be checking out the sale tomorrow. I don't care aboutt Mortal Kombat or Portal but my girlfriend wants MK. I'm sure I can find a way to fill out the rest of the $120.[/QUOTE]
All conf was saying was he's been doing the K-mart deals since the beginning, and issues like this keep happening. It's not like he has a short fuse- this is just a continuing problem.

I'm not saying conf wasn't a little harsh, but seriously- from another user that's been doing these deals for the last year and someone who does system updates for a living - is there not some sort of development environment where this is tested before it goes live every week? Just seems crazy that these problems make it into the wild.

both coupons printed for me, 45 and 15.
got 2 fire emblem's 29.99
castlevania LE ps 3 29.99
pokemon black version 34.99
total was like 124.96 plus tax , both coupons printed..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbballard']All conf was saying was he's been doing the K-mart deals since the beginning, and issues like this keep happening. It's not like he has a short fuse- this is just a continuing problem.

I'm not saying conf wasn't a little harsh, but seriously- from another user that's been doing these deals for the last year and someone who does system updates for a living - is there not some sort of development environment where this is tested before it goes live every week? Just seems crazy that these problems make it into the wild.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same. We have our shit tested and retested. However issues do occur even with that. Then again our production changes are a lot more convoluted than what seems like a simple change here.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Has anyone tried with pre-orders online? L.A. Noire is listed as eligible for this deal. Has anyone ordered that alone or made a purchase with that over $120?[/QUOTE]
Anyone?

[quote name='wrencrest']I was wondering the same. We have our shit tested and retested. However issues do occur even with that. Then again our production changes are a lot more convoluted than what seems like a simple change here.[/QUOTE]
Yeah......not a lot of pre-testing here.....a lot of roll the dice and see what happens :)

For better or worse.

[quote name='aznhero913']:imwithst::imwithst:

@confoosious

Seriously dude, this is a work in process. Does the situation suck? Absolutely!!

Do you really think Josh is taking these situations w/ a passive approach or do you think he's working his tail off trying to fix it? For Christ sakes, the guy was posting on this forum at 5 am 2 days after an international flight.

Honestly, if it were me, I would have nixed all the promos until I got everything set and error free. I would have left the gaming dept. w/out any promos for 3-4 months. Which in turn reduces competition. Do you really think amazon/best buy/target would be running these insane promos w/out competition? LOL, they were offering $10 if you pre-order and then changed it after K-mart stepped up.

Fortunately Josh is the one working for SHC. He's advocating great deals and honestly listening to what WE want.

Once again confoosious I know the situation suck but this ain't checkers man, it's chess. There are so many ripples Josh is making in the gaming pond that it isn't even funny.[/QUOTE]

That may be well and good and I personally appreciate the effort Josh has put in, but really, confoosious has a point. We as CAGs know that if a deal doesn't go as planned, everything will work out fine in the end. But what if you're just an ordinary shopper? First you get your ad on Sunday saying you can buy games and get the two coupons w/ no restrictions. Then you get in the store and find out you have to sign up for a card you may have had no interest in. On top of that, the program doesnt work as advertised.

Then you complain and are told that it's a mistake on your part and there is nothing they can do for you. If you bought only games, you can just return them, but if there are points cards in there you're SoL. In either case, you didnt have a good shopping trip.

This was a big 'experiment' and probably could have used a bit more testing. It's been talked about for weeks and for it not to work right out the box is bad. While Josh and co. rightly receive praise for the things done right, they deserve criticism when things go wrong.

Back on topic, I think a 110/50 (particularly if split as 15 for 40-109.99 and 35 for 110+) would be a more useful promo.

For the 120/60 coupon deal, what exactly counts as software.

That may seem like a stupid question; Since someone asked about $120 of points a few pages back it had me curious, seeing as that's not technically software.

I ask because I'm interested in a sharpshooter for SOCOM. Yay or nay?

EDIT: I see where the 20 dollar cards were specifically mentioned, nevermind. BOO!

[quote name='confoosious']Josh - a "simple human error" that causes multiple people not to get the deal as advertised is more troublesome than shitty retail workers at the local level.

While I know that you'd take care of anyone inconvenienced by this, the fact of the matter is that it should never have happened.

Yeah M v C was a SYWR issue. And this was a coupon programmer issue. Do you think anyone cares about internal delineation of departmental screw ups? It's a "oh by, KMART fucked up again" issue.

If you had one of those Accident Screw Up Free for ___ Days signs at the work place, you'd have to reset it at 1. It doesn't matter that there were "only" 3 this year and 2 of them were beyond your control.

I don't know who programmed in the coupon - it could have been you, it could have been ad monster, it could have been someone who you really like. The fact is that you either take pride in your job (and this includes retail workers) or GTFO. One mistake? Ok, we all make them. Next time that dude makes a mistake, it's over.[/QUOTE]
Never should have happened but it did, I value the people here as much as any customer. Everyone matters. Mistakes can happen and I'll always give my team leverage to make mistakes.

That said, what I care about most is not repeating mistakes and as I mentioned before typically we are able to isolate issues and fix them for the future.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I'd still like to know what systems Transformers:WfC, Super SFIV, and Avp are on sale for, and for how much.[/QUOTE]
When was this mentioned? I would like to see Trans: WFC for $20 somewhere!

Also, since the $60 in coups expire in May and I might not want any games until after that date, would I be able to buy something before they expire. Return the games within the return period and get some kind of gift card (that doesnt expire) from Kmart? Or is this frowned upon?

[quote name='GreyFox787']Looks like I'll have to get a 4000 points card for my roommate's b-day, Mortal Kombat, a 1600 points card for myself, and then probably that clearance R-Type for PSP I keep looking at...

And since the $60 is in the form of gaming coupons that don't activate until 4/24, I'll just save them...probably for Brink or LA Noire.[/QUOTE]

The coupon deal does NOT include the 4000 MS Point cards. ONLY the 1600 cards.
Do people even read the first post of the thread anymore? Isn't that clearly stated in the first post?

[quote name='wusspuck']I had a horrible experience at kmart today. please let me know if im wrong? i went to take back a game i bought like 46 days ago unopened. was just a 20$ cheapy with no promotions on it, just never got around to playing it. on my reciept says i can take it back 90 days after purchase and even has the date printed on the front 5/29/11. They tell me electronics are only 30 day return policy, so i say nowhere on my receipt it says that and it even says the date in front of my receipt. So i argue with the lady and she gets some manager to come up and he tells me same thing. i say where does it say that show me in writing , he says" im telling you the policy" i ask again show me in writing , he again refuses to show me. That put me in horrible mood, because of what i read online and on the back of the receipt its a 90 day return, please let me know if im wrong, ty.[/QUOTE]

Mine says the same... so I would assume. Its hard to argue against the receipt unless there's some type exception on it that I'm missing. I would then get mad and ask for the manager, then district, then... josh?

The only item I have and wanted to return was I used the free points on the card to get. I'm afraid if I returned it, I would lose the points.

[quote name='hostyl1']That may be well and good and I personally appreciate the effort Josh has put in, but really, confoosious has a point. We as CAGs know that if a deal doesn't go as planned, everything will work out fine in the end. But what if you're just an ordinary shopper? First you get your ad on Sunday saying you can buy games and get the two coupons w/ no restrictions. Then you get in the store and find out you have to sign up for a card you may have had no interest in. On top of that, the program doesnt work as advertised.

Then you complain and are told that it's a mistake on your part and there is nothing they can do for you. If you bought only games, you can just return them, but if there are points cards in there you're SoL. In either case, you didnt have a good shopping trip.

This was a big 'experiment' and probably could have used a bit more testing. It's been talked about for weeks and for it not to work right out the box is bad. While Josh and co. rightly receive praise for the things done right, they deserve criticism when things go wrong.

Back on topic, I think a 110/50 (particularly if split as 15 for 40-109.99 and 35 for 110+) would be a more useful promo.[/QUOTE]
Can't disagree with anything here except that I receive more email from outside of CAG from consumers than may be realized.

The deal was set up incorrectly, it was fixed very quickly and we'll be helping anyone that was inconvenienced.

I am not taking a, who cares attitude here, but I will save any criticism internally to myself. Public reaming of any individual (who may read this forum as well) isn't what I'm all about. Instilling confidence to get back up and try again is how I like to approach matters like this.

lmao...grant it confoosious was a little brash....it is nothing compared to the mentality of those in here that worship josh and think k-mart can do no wrong.

Hate to break it to you, but every other retailer has been offering some type of "deals" on video games long before josh showed up here...definitely not as many brick & mortar decent deals on release day though, so I applaud k-mart for that though, just wish they had more stores so the deals would be more accessible to more people and better in store experiences (stock on release day/promotions function as designed/employee knowledge of deals).

As many have stated, the most frustrating part is that this "deal" has been promoted for nearly the past month.....k-mart should have checked and double checked that this promotion did infact work as designed. Yes it is fixed now, but that doesnt change the fact that those went in on sunday did not get what they should have, and had to waste time arguing with the K-mart customer service in order to get what they should have in the first place.

It is frustrating, and people who have been inconvenienced by this have EVERY right to come on here and express their opinions and shouldn't be condemned for doing so, no matter how trivial you think they may be.

[quote name='wusspuck']both coupons printed for me, 45 and 15.
got 2 fire emblem's 29.99
castlevania LE ps 3 29.99
pokemon black version 34.99
total was like 124.96 plus tax , both coupons printed..[/QUOTE]

I am glad everything worked out. We were told that the issue from yesterday was fixed, so this confirms it is working.

I just went to Kmart and purchased 6 PSN $20 gift cards for a total of $120, and the $15 coupon DID NOT print. I only received the $45 coupon. If you could help SHC-Gamer, that would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back