SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Josh - a "simple human error" that causes multiple people not to get the deal as advertised is more troublesome than shitty retail workers at the local level.

While I know that you'd take care of anyone inconvenienced by this, the fact of the matter is that it should never have happened.

Yeah M v C was a SYWR issue. And this was a coupon programmer issue. Do you think anyone cares about internal delineation of departmental screw ups? It's a "oh by, KMART fucked up again" issue.

If you had one of those Accident Screw Up Free for ___ Days signs at the work place, you'd have to reset it at 1. It doesn't matter that there were "only" 3 this year and 2 of them were beyond your control.

I don't know who programmed in the coupon - it could have been you, it could have been ad monster, it could have been someone who you really like. The fact is that you either take pride in your job (and this includes retail workers) or GTFO. One mistake? Ok, we all make them. Next time that dude makes a mistake, it's over.[/QUOTE]
Solid critique. I definitely am taking it to heart.

My only rebuttal was to the whole "things always are screwed up systemically" gist that was being reiterated. Like I said, I don't even know when the last coupon issue was it has been so long.

As far as the internal weight of the matter, it is huge and I followed up accordingly.

[quote name='harveyiscool']I just went to Kmart and purchased 6 PSN $20 gift cards for a total of $120, and the $15 coupon DID NOT print. I only received the $45 coupon. If you could help SHC-Gamer, that would be fantastic.[/QUOTE]
Yep, just send [email protected] an email with you receipt and we'll send you a $15 gift card. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The deployment to fix the registers went in at the opening today. If there is a register not working it should be isolated.

And in the digital offer through email, I confirmed that it wasn't received through there either, just the Dish Network deal and the $45 coupon.

[quote name='jdb230']lmao...grant it confoosious was a little brash....it is nothing compared to the mentality of those in here that worship josh and think k-mart can do no wrong.

Hate to break it to you, but every other retailer has been offering some type of "deals" on video games long before josh showed up here...definitely not as many brick & mortar decent deals on release day though, so I applaud k-mart for that though, just wish they had more stores so the deals would be more accessible to more people and better in store experiences (stock on release day/promotions function as designed/employee knowledge of deals).

As many have stated, the most frustrating part is that this "deal" has been promoted for nearly the past month.....k-mart should have checked and double checked that this promotion did infact work as designed. Yes it is fixed now, but that doesnt change the fact that those went in on sunday did not get what they should have, and had to waste time arguing with the K-mart customer service in order to get what they should have in the first place.

It is frustrating, and people who have been inconvenienced by this have EVERY right to come on here and express their opinions and shouldn't be condemned for doing so, no matter how trivial you think they may be.[/QUOTE]
Yep, definitely should critique all day long. We're big boys up here.

That said, there is a difference between accurate, constructive feedback and negative ranting.

Both are welcomed, only one really helps though.

I'm standing at the customer service desk right now. Only the 45$ coupon printed.

Lady tried to tell me that xbox cards didn't count towards the $120. I tried to explain to her that if I hadn't hit $120, I wouldn't have gotten the 45$ coupon. She refused to listen and yelled me out of the store.

Nice.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm standing at the customer service desk right now. Only the 45$ coupon printed.[/QUOTE]

Man, that sucks, thanks for filling us in on how it's going. Guess I'll just pass on this because too much of a hassle unless you get it resolved easily.

$50/$110 is better. That's $25 per game with basically no strings attached. If store B has a B2G1 that same week I'm going there if there are 3 games I want that particular week. That isn't very likely though except maybe in the fall.

Josh seeing as the deals are always changing and the $15 coupon issue was a human error, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Yes it does always seem to be something going wrong, but like you said these are basically tests as much as anything. I could see if it was the same deal and the same issue repeatedly, but that's not the case. Hopefully the deals are being checked as much as possible before going live, but other than that just keep doing what you do.

The real issue with Kmart is getting the stock on the shelf. That's the killer right now. I dont know what the issue is but obviously somebody somewhere needs to take responsibility and fix it or get the fuck out of the way for someone that will.

[quote name='wrencrest']When was this mentioned? I would like to see Trans: WFC for $20 somewhere!

Also, since the $60 in coups expire in May and I might not want any games until after that date, would I be able to buy something before they expire. Return the games within the return period and get some kind of gift card (that doesnt expire) from Kmart? Or is this frowned upon?[/QUOTE]

They have these games in the weekly online ad ("$15-$20"???) Maybe they're only on sale for the specific systems mentioned in the ad, or maybe all systems; who knows? Anyway, I'm heading down there right now to check this out.

Hrmph, you people are no help!:boxing:

[quote name='confoosious']I'm standing at the customer service desk right now. Only the 45$ coupon printed.[/QUOTE]
Well, that is very disappointing to hear.

Please let me know if everything works out. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience, I'll help out in any way I can.

Just as a heads up all. If you do not get your $15 as planned you can definitely just shoot us an email and I'll be more than happy to resolve it for you. I'll also be posting a blog today that notes the issue and how everyone, even non CAG's can get it fixed :)

And of course, we'll take into account any additional time wasted.

[quote name='ShockandAww']$50/$110 is better. That's $25 per game with basically no strings attached. If store B has a B2G1 that same week I'm going there if there are 3 games I want that particular week. That isn't very likely though except maybe in the fall.

Josh seeing as the deals are always changing and the $15 coupon issue was a human error, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Yes it does always seem to be something going wrong, but like you said these are basically tests as much as anything. I could see if it was the same deal and the same issue repeatedly, but that's not the case. Hopefully the deals are being checked as much as possible before going live, but other than that just keep doing what you do.

The real issue with Kmart is getting the stock on the shelf. That's the killer right now. I dont know what the issue is but obviously somebody somewhere needs to take responsibility and fix it or get the fuck out of the way for someone that will.[/QUOTE]
I could not agree more. I am really upset that the coupon deal this Sunday did not go as planned but I have to move on and make sure the team works to not let it happen again.

The stock issue is something I am battling every day. It is just not moving as fast as it needs to.

Since Kmart.com has refused to send my card since I signed up for SYWR in November, every time I go there I have to give them my phone number. Conveniently, I know my PIN and thought I could also spend some of my 204,000 SYWR points today when I purchased my 6 $20 PSN gift cards. I was told that since I didn't have the card, I could not use the PSN cards. The guy was nice about it (even though I have no idea why I have a PIN number set up), rang up the gift cards, and of course the $15 coupon didn't print (as previously reported). I didn't even say a word, because I didn't want to have to deal with someone telling me I was wrong when I know they can do nothing about it. Just a full detail on my trip at 12:20 PM today.

[quote name='confoosious']Josh are you in the office today? I just called you.[/QUOTE]
I am, I'm at my desk now, please call again.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm standing at the customer service desk right now. Only the 45$ coupon printed.

Lady tried to tell me that xbox cards didn't count towards the $120. I tried to explain to her that if I hadn't hit $120, I wouldn't have gotten the 45$ coupon. She refused to listen and yelled me out of the store.

Nice.[/QUOTE]
That is another problem that is bigger than the deals. Yes it sucks that shit goes wrong but why in the merry mother fuck would the CS act in that manner? I can't even begin to understand it. Why the hell do so many people treat the customer as some kind of enemy? It's insane. These are the idiots that need fired, not some guy that made a simple coupon mistake.

Sorry if this has been addressed already but so far I haven't seen a case like this yet. I'll reiterate.

Bought 6 x $20 PSN cards. Used a $10 coupon from WWE All Stars. Did not trigger the $45 coupon, total was $110. Only received $15 coupon. Unable to return or void because of the cards.

What should I do?

Again, thanks SHC-Gamer for the help, especially so soon after your trip.

From this weeks ad 4-17/4-23 I understand that if I get MK for 59.99 and 3 20.00 PSN cards would leave me 1 cent short. And if I get 4 cards then I would get 60 back on coupons. Now if I end up getting 6 cards using the new gaming coupon would that wield me 60 again. Or what is the best way to get MK and PSN points

[quote name='ShockandAww']That is another problem that is bigger than the deals. Yes it sucks that shit goes wrong but why in the merry mother fuck would the CS act in that manner? I can't even begin to understand it. Why the hell do so many people treat the customer as some kind of enemy? It's insane. These are the idiots that need fired, not some guy that made a simple coupon mistake.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty nice about it but as I was explaining how you can't get a 45$ coupon by itself and only could get both, she screamed "I DON'T CARE" and basically told me to pound sand.

She wasn't really the manager, she was the HR manager. Which might be worse.

I know im a rude bastard on here sometimes but I'm out of my way polite to retail workers. This lady was awful.

Anyway, Josh just called me and of course he'll take care of the discrepancy. Shouldn't have come to that. I might have to revisit my earlier statement of whether a mistake at the corporate level is more damaging than a mistake at the field level. :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']That is another problem that is bigger than the deals. Yes it sucks that shit goes wrong but why in the merry mother fuck would the CS act in that manner? I can't even begin to understand it. Why the hell do so many people treat the customer as some kind of enemy? It's insane. These are the idiots that need fired, not some guy that made a simple coupon mistake.[/QUOTE]
Two problems. Many lazy people that can't or won't think for themselves (CS fault) and many many many people who want to always cheat the system. So the CS was being lazy in not thinking logically through the situation and/or she was always not wanting to beleive the customer becuase she has dealt with so many scammers in the past she is now very suspicious.

Forgot to mention, she could just be an ignorant moron. :)

I just called Kmart customer service and talked to a nice person on the phone. Apparently since my card has never arrived, if I get them to send me a new one then I will not be able to use my SYWR account for 4-6 weeks (which is the time it takes for the new card to arrive). She said the employee was completely wrong in telling me that I can not use my points without a card. Therefore, if you have your card/member number and PIN number, then you can use your SYWR points without physically having the card. Greatttttttt...

The "lower level" cs totally understood what I was saying and was polite. The "higher level" HR manager refused to listen. Go figure.

I know I always say "just check out and let Josh take care o it" and I even said that to my gf as the csr was calling for the manager but I didn't want to bother Josh if necessay. it's so angering when a manager treats you like you're a retard and yells at you.

That's awful. I would never in a million years treat a customer like that. In fact as a manager I'm not allowe to let people leave unsatisfied. The company I work for takes customer satisfaction to an insane level.

Sucks to hear about that man.
She should be terminated, chances are good its not her first offense.

[quote name='wrencrest']Two problems. Many lazy people that can't or won't think for themselves (CS fault) and many many many people who want to always cheat the system. So the CS was being lazy in not thinking logically through the situation and/or she was always not wanting to beleive the customer becuase she has dealt with so many scammers in the past she is now very suspicious.

Forgot to mention, she could just be an ignorant moron. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was just pissed and posted quick but what you say sounds accurate. The thing is though that if you're going to have a position like that dealing with customers you obviously have to be cautious of scammers but you also have to use your head at least a little to be able to tell the difference in a case like this and do what's right.

I mean how hard is it really to listen to the customer and then think something like "hmm that seems like a pretty crazy deal is it in the ad"? Yes it is! wow thats a great deal, but maybe the points cards dont count for the deal and thats why the customer didnt get the coupon...but WAIT A MINUTE, as the customer has pointed out to me, he did receive the $45 coupon. Hmmm...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah I was just pissed and posted quick but what you say sounds accurate. The thing is though that if you're going to have a position like that dealing with customers you obviously have to be cautious of scammers but you also have to use your head at least a little to be able to tell the difference in a case like this and do what's right.

I mean how hard is it really to listen to the customer and then think something like "hmm that seems like a pretty crazy deal is it in the ad"? Yes it is! wow thats a great deal, but maybe the points cards dont count for the deal and thats why the customer didnt get the coupon...but WAIT A MINUTE, as the customer has pointed out to me, he did receive the $45 coupon. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]
Obviously as a retail outlet you will have many people who are good and many who are bad. But I am pretty sure Kmart is not drawing from the greatest pool of talent. Most Kmarts still look like they were built and modeled during the stone age (why would you want to work there?) and many are not in good areas of town/good retail locations.

Just got back onto the thread this afternoon. It looks like we're still waiting on some kind of verification on the $15-20 games on sale (mentioned in the online ad, i believe) and the list of the most recent round of price drops...?

I'm still waiting on confirmation of someone getting both coupons in store ($45 and $15) for just Microsoft points (6-7 $19.99 cards). I've seen people getting only the $45 coupon and then getting a GC mailed by Josh, but I don't want to go through that extra hassle and would just like both to print out in store.

[quote name='Shagrath']I'm still waiting on confirmation of someone getting both coupons in store ($45 and $15) for just Microsoft points (6-7 $19.99 cards). I've seen people getting only the $45 coupon and then getting a GC mailed by Josh, but I don't want to go through that extra hassle and would just like both to print out in store.[/QUOTE]

So far after keeping up with this I cannot find anyone who has gotten both coupons to print with buying solely psn or points cards. I guess even with the $45 one it's a pretty decent deal because these cards never hardly go under retail. If I knew for sure Josh could send me a gift card for the other $15 I'd bite but thing is I don't have a scanner to scan the receipt.

Sorry to ask this again, but my previous attempt has fallen a few pages back and I see some people have gotten the coupons. Are the new round of coupons still good on hardware purchases like the old ones? I haven't been on the train since around Epic Mickey came out and am aware they changed slightly. I really want to take this opportunity to finally get a PS3 in addition to my current gaming PC.

Now I'm starting to get wary.
I was going to use gamer coupons and sywr points and I see issues arising where the coupns will take the total down and won't print my coupons. Seems like what's happening.
Might have to give it a few days for them to get the kinks worked out. My girlfriend wanted MK on release day, hope they get it figured out.

I know josh will make it right but I hate the hassle of dealing with it if I don't have to.

The 60 dollar Max rebate. Does that mean per transaction or per week. Also if you get 120 worth of PSN points would you get to do this over and over

A little gaming news for Uncharted 3 fans from IGN. Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta begins June 28th. You can get in day one by purchasing Infamous 2 or if youre a PS+ member. Everyone else on the PSN gets access on July 5th. Awesome.

[quote name='ShockandAww']A little gaming news for Uncharted 3 fans from IGN. Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta begins June 28th. You can get in day one by purchasing Infamous 2 or if youre a PS+ member. Everyone else on the PSN gets access on July 5th. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Great news indeed. Even though I haven't played in a while, I think Uncharted 2 is my favorite multiplayer game.

[quote name='ps2emotions']So far after keeping up with this I cannot find anyone who has gotten both coupons to print with buying solely psn or points cards. I guess even with the $45 one it's a pretty decent deal because these cards never hardly go under retail. If I knew for sure Josh could send me a gift card for the other $15 I'd bite but thing is I don't have a scanner to scan the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Instantly after I bought the gift cards earlier, Kmart sends a "digital receipt" email to the email assocaited with your SYWR account. What I did is copy that email to my desktop and include it as an attachment to the address provided a couple pages ago. Within a hour I got a reply saying to allow 10 business days to receive the $15 gift card to my house. While it obviously wasn't the most convenient situation, I was pleased with the turnaround time and the quick reply to the email.

On the bright side, fire emblem wii is 29.99. Been waiting for this to drop for ages. I Picked up two. The whole "keep one sealed in my collection" crap is so dumb but I'm a slave to it.

OK, I had some scan some PS3 games (Super SFIV & Transformers:WfC) and they came up at regular price. I did happen to see the Wii Cybertron game outside of the glass with a bright yellow $19.99 sticker, as mentioned in the ad. It's also somewhat curious that the actual print ad mentioned nothing about these games.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']The coupon deal does NOT include the 4000 MS Point cards. ONLY the 1600 cards.
Do people even read the first post of the thread anymore? Isn't that clearly stated in the first post?[/QUOTE]

Argh! I forgot all about that >.< (that was originally why I had intended to use the $45 gaming coupon towards it, but they don't activate 'til the 24th)...

Hmmm...what to do now...guess I'll just have to wait and see when I go to K-mart tomorrow what's on the shelves...I could always just get a slew of $1600 points cards...

$59.99 for MK, $10 for first 1600 card, and then I could pick up 2 more 1600 cards and a $20 PSN card to make it $129.99 before tax. I think my roommate could live with 3200 points as opposed to 4000...or I could ask him which he wants more: lots of MS points, or Crysis 2 and a 1600 card...I dunno.

>.< grumblegrumblegrumble

[quote name='Eracet']From this weeks ad 4-17/4-23 I understand that if I get MK for 59.99 and 3 20.00 PSN cards would leave me 1 cent short. And if I get 4 cards then I would get 60 back on coupons. Now if I end up getting 6 cards using the new gaming coupon would that wield me 60 again. Or what is the best way to get MK and PSN points[/QUOTE]

It would leave you $10.01 short since one of the cards would receive a $10 discount when purchased with MK. In any case, yes, the game and 4 cards would trigger it.

You cannot immediately use the coupons to buy cards and earn another coupon. The coupons are not valid for use until next week.

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']*knowing sigh* This is gonna explode tomorrow when the actual games come out. Glad I don't work there.[/QUOTE]

Not likely. Since the change went into effect this morning just after opening in some parts of the country, it's likely that the registers that are still giving problems were powered on today before the change took hold. The only reason this would persist tomorrow is if a store left the registers powered on overnight.

[quote name='nietzsche74']OK, I had some scan some PS3 games (Super SFIV & Transformers:WfC) and they came up at regular price. I did happen to see the Wii Cybertron game outside of the glass with a bright yellow $19.99 sticker, as mentioned in the ad. It's also somewhat curious that the actual print ad mentioned nothing about these games.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity what games are you talking about? Outside of Crysis 2 and Fight Night there shouldn't be any other games on sale this week outside of the games Josh has listed as part of clearance in the past. I do know there were a collection of other games we marked down temporarily but any other markdowns are YMMV so we couldn't really advertise it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I prefer 120/60....Why not just spend 10 extra dollars if your going to get 10 dollars back? Makes sense to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nakanenui']I suggest instead of 110/50 to do 119/59.

edit: Kinda like a B2G1 for a dollar.[/QUOTE]

I think people are reading this wrong, as I've only seen one person address it the way I read it. Unless I'm misunderstanding it, Josh meant 110/50 as opposed to the current 120/40. That is, You earn the $15 one when spending $50-$109.99, the $45 as well when spending $110+.

I certainly approve, though I like point card discounts as well. Nice if we could get Wii points in on it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Reality check guys, I may be completely off base here as I have no idea what time it is right now, but the only deal issues that I am aware of this year so far is the Marvel vs. Capcom points issue and the CE edition of Killzone. Both were points related and I had little control over it. The CE edition of Killzone may have generted ten emails as well, very small problem.[/QUOTE]

Also not under your direct control, but I consider the snafu that prevented KMart stocking PC versions of multi-platform titles to have been a significant issue this year. I had every intention to purchase DA2 with a discounted PSN card, but I only want the game on PC as that's how I played the first. As it stands, I still don't own it (and will wait until the final edition at this point) and never had another opportunity to buy a $50 point card for $20 since the promotion was only attached to games I don't care for.

Portal 2 will finally net me a discounted card, though not at as great a discount. Still, coupons! Yay!

[quote name='DPsycho']I think people are reading this wrong, as I've only seen one person address it the way I read it. Unless I'm misunderstanding it, Josh meant 110/50 as opposed to the current 120/40. That is, You earn the $15 one when spending $50-$109.99, the $45 as well when spending $110+.[/QUOTE]
So we'd be getting more for less? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, why would it go up from $45 to $50 and the amount needed to buy go down?

[quote name='DKRobbie']I tried three K-Marts, wanting to purchase some combination of Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Homefront for the 360 and Okamiden...[/QUOTE]

Has anyone seen Okamiden in-store? It's one of the games I'm hoping to pick up this week but I'm afraid it may be impossible to find after seeing DKRobbie's post.

So after not getting any coupons at all at a 24 hour store, I went to my closer kmart and just rebought the items. I got only the $45 coupon. I waiting 15 minutes for the manager who was now on duty to show up and then was told every trick in the book how i was not suposed to get the $15 coupon. They went from saying Its only on these games to its not on bundled games. I wasted my energy and breath. After finally convincing them that I should have got it, they said they couldnt do a thing for me. No gift card could be issued or anything. Josh, i understand youll make it right but i dont want that. I want you to call this store up and have them personally issue me that giftcard. I dont want to wait a month for something I should have gotten right then and there. I want them to look me in the eye and say sorry. Sorry, they should not try and make up things if they dont know what the deal is. They are managers and its their job to know what the situation is to things in the advertisment. They dont just get the ad that day, they have it in advance and if they dont understand something, they should call someone. Christ.

[quote name='confoosious']You can ask them to email it to you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='harveyiscool']Instantly after I bought the gift cards earlier, Kmart sends a "digital receipt" email to the email assocaited with your SYWR account. What I did is copy that email to my desktop and include it as an attachment to the address provided a couple pages ago. Within a hour I got a reply saying to allow 10 business days to receive the $15 gift card to my house. While it obviously wasn't the most convenient situation, I was pleased with the turnaround time and the quick reply to the email.[/QUOTE]

Ok, that is great to hear. I think I will head over there now and see if they have some psn cards and buy 6 since they can mail me a gift card. I have no problem waiting for it. Thanks a lot guys :)

[quote name='bmachine']Has anyone seen Okamiden in-store? It's one of the games I'm hoping to pick up this week but I'm afraid it may be impossible to find after seeing DKRobbie's post.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Josh wanted to get Okamiden but wasn't able to due to some internal problems so you would have to go elsewhere if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back