SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question Josh, SYWR points for the Crysis 2 (10k) deal never posted to my account. Neither the bonus or the actual points for buying the game. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
c

[quote name='Corvin']Quick question Josh, SYWR points for the Crysis 2 (10k) deal never posted to my account. Neither the bonus or the actual points for buying the game. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
c[/QUOTE]
Feel free to email the help line in the OP and I'll jump on it for you.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Guess I'm gonna trade my PS3 Portal into Amazon and grab it for 360 on Sunday. Maybe then I'll be able to play some co-op.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Portal 2 supposed to be better on the PS3 than the 360? I was reading a lot about the differences and thought that was the bottom line . . . ?

Well, the cat's finally out of the bag on the Portal 2 deal. I still feel like I got an awesome deal at Amazon (paying essentially $44.99 all in promotional credit and getting the $20 credit, so I paid nothing out of pocket), but this is awesome for everyone else. :applause:

...In other news, I think I've got my coupon train route planned out for the near future (i.e. through June), assuming all of these have coupon deals:

[L.A. Noire, 5/17 (still wondering if I should cancel my $29.99 copy from Gohastings, hence the brackets :whistle2:k)]
|
V
Infamous 2, 6/7
|
V
Duke Nukem Forever, 6/14
|
V
Shadows of the Damned (+ Splinter Cell Trilogy?), 6/21

After that, I'm stumped, since there isn't really anything new coming out in early-to-mid-July (before the hypothetical coupon from Shadows of the Damned would expire) that I'm interested in getting, unless I'm forgetting a game...Oh well, that's what my backup $15 in SYWR points is for--getting back on the train if there's a gap in the track. ;)

EDIT: It looks like SD has already gotten wind of the Portal 2 deal at Kmart. Hopefully none of the retail chains hear about it until it's too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Feel free to email the help line in the OP and I'll jump on it for you.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I totally scrolled right past that info. lol Total brain fart. Submitted claim on the site and send and email to the address in the second post. Thanks for the assistance.

*edit - looking at the account again, looks like I did get credit for the game, just not the bonus offer points.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Isn't Portal 2 supposed to be better on the PS3 than the 360? I was reading a lot about the differences and thought that was the bottom line . . . ?[/QUOTE]

Having owned both systems for as long as they've been out, I can assure you that nothing is ever better on the PS3, only identical at best. The only benefit the PS3 version has is that it contains a PC version, so that could be a very big deal if you like that sorta thing.

But as far as the gameplay and graphics, they should be virtually identical on both systems.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Having owned both systems for as long as they've been out, I can assure you that nothing is ever better on the PS3, only identical at best. The only benefit the PS3 version has is that it contains a PC version, so that could be a very big deal if you like that sorta thing.

But as far as the gameplay and graphics, they should be virtually identical on both systems.[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy XIII and Burnout Paradise would both like to disagree.

And yes the PS3 version of Portal 2 is hands down better than the 360 version. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-portal2-face-off

Now if you want to play on the 360 because all of your friends are on XBL or for the simple fact that XBL is working and PSN is not, that's a whole other matter.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Wow, I haven't even OPENED Portal 2 yet. I guess I should ship it back to Amazon then, huh?[/QUOTE]If you got a coupon/coupons from last week's $40/$120 deal, then you might be justified in sending it back, as you'd save a little more. Bear in mind, however, that unless there's something "wrong" with your Amazon copy, they'll charge you a restocking fee for your return ($4.99, I think, though I don't know if it varies) which they'll deduct from your refund, and obviously, if you ordered Portal 2 when Amazon was offering the $20 credit, you'd have to relinquish the credit.

Certainly there's a few factors you have to take into account, but long story short, if
(a) you're more concerned about the money you pay out of pocket than the bonus credit at Amazon,
(b) you don't mind getting $5 less out of your refund, and
(c) you have (at the very least) a $15 coupon from last week,
you would likely benefit from paying $19.99 (+ tax) for Portal 2 at Kmart next week vs. the $54.99 + $20 bonus credit Amazon charged leading up to its release. ;)

Boy why cant Brink or some other new release come out next week? Just went to Kmart today and spent about 60 dollars in stuff needed for around the house and with my purchase I got a coupon that will enable me to get 10x the points next week.

I hate to get a little off-track here, but does someone know how Best Buy would handle a return that included a $10 GC? I got Portal 2 there and got a free GC with it so I'm assuming that if I bring that with it (I haven't used it) I would get a full refund or $10 less if I don't. Since I don't think a GC can be deactivated I'm thinking I'll have to keep the GC and get the $49.99 back, which is still certainly worth the trouble.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I hate to get a little off-track here, but does someone know how Best Buy would handle a return that included a $10 GC? I got Portal 2 there and got a free GC with it so I'm assuming that if I bring that with it (I haven't used it) I would get a full refund or $10 less if I don't. Since I don't think a GC can be deactivated I'm thinking I'll have to keep the GC and get the $49.99 back, which is still certainly worth the trouble.[/QUOTE]

They'll give you back the 49.99 and you'll have to keep the giftcard, unless their policy has changed since last winter. Personally returned a couple games there to take advantage of K-Mart deals and this was the case.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']They'll give you back the 49.99 and you'll have to keep the giftcard, unless their policy has changed since last winter. Personally returned a couple games there to take advantage of K-Mart deals and this was the case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='foreinter']Please post them on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Much appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Your not Josh... well, at least not the Josh I was talking about. :lol:

Until he gives me an OK to start doing that on a weekly basis I'm not going to. I don't want to be a new speedy or anything.

[quote name='Vigilante']If you got a coupon/coupons from last week's $40/$120 deal, then you might be justified in sending it back, as you'd save a little more. Bear in mind, however, that unless there's something "wrong" with your Amazon copy, they'll charge you a restocking fee for your return ($4.99, I think, though I don't know if it varies) which they'll deduct from your refund, and obviously, if you ordered Portal 2 when Amazon was offering the $20 credit, you'd have to relinquish the credit.

Certainly there's a few factors you have to take into account, but long story short, if
(a) you're more concerned about the money you pay out of pocket than the bonus credit at Amazon,
(b) you don't mind getting $5 less out of your refund, and
(c) you have (at the very least) a $15 coupon from last week,
you would likely benefit from paying $19.99 (+ tax) for Portal 2 at Kmart next week vs. the $54.99 + $20 bonus credit Amazon charged leading up to its release. ;)[/QUOTE]

Amazon does not charge "Restocking" fees for unopened merchendise. If the return is simply because you changed your mind, then you are responsbile for the shipping charges sending it back, whether it be paid by you upfront or amazon gives you the option to have the shipping charge (which they do give you an estimate on how much they will deduct) dedutcted from your return amount. If the item is defective or damaged in any way, then they will pay for the return shipping.

wow, Portal 2 at $34.99 is tempting...despite L.A. Noire coming out in a couple weeks I may have to pick it up...

I got excited when I saw Gamestop's Portal 2 price, but am amazed at Kmart, definately picking it up at that price, if nothing else so I can finally stop avoiding all the spoilers, lol.

Quick question, everyone keeps saying "Next week" but what day do these prices go live? Thanks!

[quote name='chriscolbert']I hate to get a little off-track here, but does someone know how Best Buy would handle a return that included a $10 GC? I got Portal 2 there and got a free GC with it so I'm assuming that if I bring that with it (I haven't used it) I would get a full refund or $10 less if I don't. Since I don't think a GC can be deactivated I'm thinking I'll have to keep the GC and get the $49.99 back, which is still certainly worth the trouble.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you missed out on the pre-order deal at Best Buy, because that deal still beats Kmart.

[quote name='bb4lake']
Quick question, everyone keeps saying "Next week" but what day do these prices go live? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sunday.

Amazon's currently listing the trade in price of Portal 2 on 360 as $35. Nice turn around if you can beat it quickly and trade it in for that. PS3 is at $28 but you get to keep that PC/Mac code. Not bad at all.

I would like to know the over/under on how many copies are going to be going straight from K-Mart to Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, etc. via returns. :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']Your not Josh... well, at least not the Josh I was talking about. :lol:

Until he gives me an OK to start doing that on a weekly basis I'm not going to. I don't want to be a new speedy or anything.[/QUOTE]
Go for it!

Let's just keep an informal email dialogue on which weeks may have to be kept closer to the vest (i.e. certain holiday weeks for example).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Go for it!

Let's just keep an informal email dialogue on which weeks may have to be kept closer to the vest (i.e. certain holiday weeks for example).[/QUOTE]

Dude that is a smokin' deal on P2!!!!

Anyone who didn't jump on the deal last week has a great opportunity to get the game at an amazing price!!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']To avoid PM's; but Portal 2 (PS3, Xbox 360) will be $34.99 next week in the circular.

I've posted it here first, now on to my Facebook :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Well my copy is definitely going back to gamestop now :D

Going to use my $15 coupon on it too!

Any deals on Mortal Kombat for Kmart Next week? Was going to get it for $40 at toys r us, but all sold out for the PS3!

[quote name='JayFx2']Any deals on Mortal Kombat for Kmart Next week? Was going to get it for $40 at toys r us, but all sold out for the PS3![/QUOTE]

Just curious, does TRU have it on sale?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yep, 6/5 is worth waiting for.[/QUOTE]

But no deals on the PS3 before the $60 in coupons expire? Color me saddened. :cry:

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Just curious, does TRU have it on sale?[/QUOTE]
$50 right now; stacks with a TRU $10 off MK coupon.
Supposedly next week MK will be $40 before coupon.

[quote name='Vacabck']But no deals on the PS3 before the $60 in coupons expire? Color me saddened. :cry:[/QUOTE]

You're going to need some games to play on your new PS3. Use the coupons on Portal 2 and LA Noire and that will only cost you $35 with another $20 coupon in return.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Go for it!

Let's just keep an informal email dialogue on which weeks may have to be kept closer to the vest (i.e. certain holiday weeks for example).[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll send you an email so you can have my email on file so you can let me know of anything that you don't want released too early.

Just to make it easier, I'm just going to list everything video game related I saw, regardless of if it's MSRP or not.

This should be everything, unless I missed something. :lol:

:wii::ps3::360:Zumba 29.99/29.99/39.99
:360::ps3:Portal 2 34.99
:wii:Wii Sports 39.99
:wii:Wii Party 39.99
:wii:Wii System 199.99
:wii:Wii Remote 39.99
:wii:Wii Fit 99.99
:wii:Donkey Kong Country Returns 49.99
:wii:Mario Sports Mix 49.99
:wii:New Super Mario Bros Wii 49.99
:wii:Mario Kart 49.99
:wii:Super Mario Galaxy 49.99
:ds:DSi 149.99
:ds:Pokemon White/Black 34.99
:ds:Mario vs Donkey Kong 29.99
:ds:New Super Mario Bros 34.99

[quote name='mguiddy']Alright, I'll send you an email so you can have my email on file so you can let me know of anything that you don't want released too early.

Just to make it easier, I'm just going to list everything video game related I saw, regardless of if it's MSRP or not.

This should be everything, unless I missed something. :lol:

:wii::ps3::360:Zumba 29.99/29.99/39.99
:360::ps3:Portal 2 34.99
:wii:Wii Sports 39.99
:wii:Wii Party 39.99
:wii:Wii System 199.99
:wii:Wii Remote 39.99
:wii:Wii Fit 99.99
:wii:Donkey Kong Country Returns 49.99
:wii:Mario Sports Mix 49.99
:wii:New Super Mario Bros Wii 49.99
:wii:Mario Kart 49.99
:wii:Super Mario Galaxy 49.99
:ds:DSi 149.99
:ds:Pokemon White/Black 34.99
:ds:Mario vs Donkey Kong 29.99
:ds:New Super Mario Bros 34.99[/QUOTE]
Pretty much the only cool thing is Portal 2.

This off topic on video games but i am curious before i order it, in next weeks ad, does it say you will be getting the new James Patterson book called "10th Anniversary"

Wanted to know before i buy it online.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']This off topic on video games but i am curious before i order it, in next weeks ad, does it say you will be getting the new James Patterson book called "10th Anniversary"

Wanted to know before i buy it online.[/QUOTE]
I kinda ignored everything that wasn't video game related.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Pretty much the only cool thing is Portal 2.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, although Zumba for the Wii has been requested a bunch, so that'll sell good, and that is $10 off.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']To avoid PM's; but Portal 2 (PS3, Xbox 360) will be $34.99 next week in the circular.

I've posted it here first, now on to my Facebook :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

So in other words with the amount of unused reward credit I've got stacked up it'll be free and I'll get to knock off $10 - 15 on another purchase?

So damn glad I didn't buy this at launch. Kmart > *

[quote name='dino88']You're going to need some games to play on your new PS3. Use the coupons on Portal 2 and LA Noire and that will only cost you $35 with another $20 coupon in return.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true, but that would just be repeating games I have already or already paid for on the 360, so I'll have to figure something else to do. Maybe if the LA Noire deal is good enough I'll cancel my gamestop pre-order and just buy the DLC when it's available.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Hot damn on the Portal 2 deal.

Gonna buy that one and then send it to Amazon as my return.[/QUOTE]

I see you're trying to rile people up again.

Amazing how it's impossible to find New Super Mario Bros for less than $35 new in 2011.. haha

Dropping Portal 2 to $35 two weeks after release? Is there any price protection available? I got in on the Portal 2/MK deal, but had I known that not even two weeks later the price was going to $35, I would have waited and bought them both outright. What BS.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Dropping Portal 2 to $35 two weeks after release? Is there any price protection available? I got in on the Portal 2/MK deal, but had I known that not even two weeks later the price was going to $35, I would have waited and bought them both outright. What BS.[/QUOTE]

Price guarantee is only 7 days.

But I love this. It's awesome knowing that something crazy like this could come along on any given week. First week buyers be damned!

[quote name='mtxbass1']Dropping Portal 2 to $35 two weeks after release? Is there any price protection available? I got in on the Portal 2/MK deal, but had I known that not even two weeks later the price was going to $35, I would have waited and bought them both outright. What BS.[/QUOTE]

I sort of agree. I avoided release day purchases almost entirely before kmartgamer got rolling. The last few months I've bought tons of day1 stuff at kmart because of the coupon offers. But the knowledge that the game will be $40 two weeks later most of the time isn't really enticing... especially considering the rise of these costly "must buy points" type offers.

I'm done with release day offers unless they're flat coupons/discounts from here on out. I appreciate the effort put into the day1 sales, but there's simply no point in taking advantage of them. These 2 week out sales are better cost wise, as well as not having the added risk of the SYWR/coupon problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back