SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheesebu']Agreed. The deals for last week were insane regardless of Portals price next week. At worst a few bucks were lost if you only bought Portal 2. If you got both coupons and a points card, you came out ahead for sure if you have things to spend it on.

I'm finally getting a 3ds myself. Has anyone seen upcoming deals on new release or launch 3ds games at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

IMO the games out right now are horrible. I've put like four hours of play into my 3DS between rayman and street fighter. The 3D novelty is impressive and I can't wait to see it implemented in Zelda and Resident Evil which are coming out soon.

Other then a few B1G1 50% (TRU) off or Buy 2 at $29.99 and get a $10 GC (BB) I haven't seen many promotions on the games but you're really not missing much.

It was my understanding that Nintendo was supposed to be releasing an update to provide an internet browswer and netflix streaming capabilities in the near future as well.

Steel Diver and Pilotwings are very good if you spend time getting 100% on everything. If you just play to finish each mission they take you like an hour each. I have almost 5 hours into pilotwings.

Ghost Recon is also an excellent 3DS title if you like turn based strategy.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']might have to pick up Portal 2 and maybe Crysis 2 this week and use coupons... then next week get Portal 2 adjusted.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure doing a price adjustment when you used coupons to get the item is going to go how you want. If you get Portal 2 this week with a $45 coupon and pay $15, I can't imagine they'd refund you $25 next week.

I got P2 yesterday so I could adjust next Tuesday, but I specifically didn't use any coupons to get it.

[quote name='SeanTM22']So whats the verdict on getting a price adjustment to the $35 price?[/QUOTE]
There is no verdict but they have a 7 day price match policy, so if you bought it from the 24 - 30th I imagine they'd adjust it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']There is no verdict but they have a 7 day price match policy, so if you bought it from the 24 - 30th I imagine they'd adjust it.[/QUOTE]

Lets say they do match it, would it invalidate my coupons?

[quote name='SeanTM22']Lets say they do match it, would it invalidate my coupons?[/QUOTE]
Hmm no idea but it probably depends. Just using common sense you'd think that if you used a $15 coupon there'd be no issue, but a $45 coupon could be since you would've only paid $14.99 for the game to begin with. Maybe they could at least penny it and give you $14.98 back?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm no idea but it probably depends. Just using common sense you'd think that if you used a $15 coupon there'd be no issue, but a $45 coupon could be since you would've only paid $14.99 for the game to begin with. Maybe they could at least penny it and give you $14.98 back?[/QUOTE]

Well, I used a $20 coupon but the Kmart guy made me buy 3 points cards because it was giving the first one free or something. Then I got two and he said it still wasnt over $120. So im like WTF and I had to buy 3 points cards because he didnt know that using a gaming coupon didnt deduct from the $120 total... very confusing

After everything I paid $160, and then $140 after my coupon... and you cant return points cards once there bought.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Lets say they do match it, would it invalidate my coupons?[/QUOTE]

I price adjusted one of the games I bought last week. Didn't invalidate my $45 coupon.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']While I agree that 90% of multi-platform games usually end up being better on the :360:, there have certainly been a plentiful minority of games that were better on :ps3:. Just looking over my :ps3: game library, I see:

1. LIST
...all of which I determined that the :ps3: version was superior for various reasons, whether it is because it runs better, has more content, has better features, or otherwise. I make sure to always buy whatever the best version of any game is; I have no favoritism towards any specific platform. In total, I own 263 :360: games and 81 :ps3: games. Oh, and 171 PC games on Steam, about 30 more not on Steam, and 55 :wii: games.[/QUOTE]

There was no Ninja Gaiden 2 for PS3 :p. There was Sigma, however.

[quote name='cheesebu']Agreed. The deals for last week were insane regardless of Portals price next week. At worst a few bucks were lost if you only bought Portal 2. If you got both coupons and a points card, you came out ahead for sure if you have things to spend it on.

I'm finally getting a 3ds myself. Has anyone seen upcoming deals on new release or launch 3ds games at Kmart?[/QUOTE]
I believe in late May we are doing Madden Free with 3DS, I'll need to check and make sure.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Yes, we should all be so angry that Josh would offer the best deal for Portal 2 at launch. And then he's got the nerve, when all these other retailers are having sales on Portal 2, to actually beat their deals. What a jerk. How dare he always offer us Cheap Ass Gamers the best deals. I think he's just tricking us into saving money week after week. ;)[/QUOTE]
Ah, my evil plan is revealed. :)

[quote name='DarkRider23']There was no Ninja Gaiden 2 for PS3 :p. There was Sigma, however.[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is an enhanced version of Ninja Gaiden 2. That's like saying the GOTY version of Borderlands is not Borderlands.

[quote name='GBAstar']IMO the games out right now are horrible. I've put like four hours of play into my 3DS between rayman and street fighter. The 3D novelty is impressive and I can't wait to see it implemented in Zelda and Resident Evil which are coming out soon.

Other then a few B1G1 50% (TRU) off or Buy 2 at $29.99 and get a $10 GC (BB) I haven't seen many promotions on the games but you're really not missing much.

It was my understanding that Nintendo was supposed to be releasing an update to provide an internet browswer and netflix streaming capabilities in the near future as well.[/QUOTE]
Horrible, please Zelda save us.

[quote name='TheInfamousTimmy']Sorry if this makes me super n00b. I just signed up for a SYWR account. How do I go about buying the Kinect Bundle with $60 games coupon?[/QUOTE]
You just have to buy it and have them scan your SYWR card and the coupon will print! Thanks!

[quote name='ubdu']Josh: any chance on you guys matching TRU's $30 Mortal Kombat deal next week?[/QUOTE]
Say what! They've got it for $29? Do you have a link?

I may just have to pick it up :)

[quote name='ubdu']Josh: any chance on you guys matching TRU's $30 Mortal Kombat deal next week?[/QUOTE]

Its $40 and $30 with an instore TRU coupon, right?

Josh, I believe you said that you were planning on putting the "Coming Soon" deals back in the OP later this week; will that be by Saturday, then?

EDIT: [quote name='SHC-Gamer']Say what! They've got it for $29? Do you have a link?

I may just have to pick it up :)[/QUOTE]Technically, TRU will be selling MK for $39.99 next week, and you can use the $10 off coupon inside the latest R-ZONE magazine carried by TRU to bring it down to $29.99, which is insane for a recently-released title (kind of like what you're doing with Portal 2 ;))

[quote name='sasuke543']Can anyone tell me how wwe all stars is?
Been thinking about getting it but don't know if it's worth it at 50?[/QUOTE]

Worth a rental, not much more.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Horrible, please Zelda save us.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I was on the fence with getting one at launch. Christ I'm glad I didnt. I dont even know if Zelda can save it at this point. Nintendo needs to get their shit together quick.

Any news on price drops for either Xbox or PS3? If you're doing a PS3 deal starting June 5th that's the day before Sonys E3 conference. Maybe they'll drop it right around there..

Sorry to be slightly off-topic, but at least two people have said that Burnout Paradise was better on PS3. I'm genuinely curious, what made it better? Was there extra content?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You just have to buy it and have them scan your SYWR card and the coupon will print! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't 100% sure if gaming coupons worked on buying hardware/accessories for video games.

I get why people are complaining that Portal is so cheap so fast. They feel like they bit on a promo that required more upfront but could have just waited 2 weeks and actually spent less.

The moral? Don't buy a new release unless you intend to play it right away. I mean, with few exceptions, the value of games drops to around $30 within weeks. And really, if you got it from Amazon for $55 with a $20 credit, or if you got it from Kmart for $60 with a $15 coupon and a half price points card, is there really that big of a difference? Be happy that virtually all major releases have promotions now. This was not the case a few years ago, save for the occasional TRU gift card bonus.

[quote name='Achilles00']I get why people are complaining that Portal is so cheap so fast. They feel like they bit on a promo that required more upfront but could have just waited 2 weeks and actually spent less.[/QUOTE]
It was that free MK t-shirt and points card a la Mortal Portal that sealed the deal. :cry:

[quote name='hoofrog']Did I miss the full LA Noire deal reveal? Wasn't it supposed to be yesterday?[/QUOTE]I believe Josh said he'd reveal it late next week, so you haven't missed anything yet.

[quote name='sadboy']It was that free MK t-shirt and points card a la Mortal Portal that sealed the deal. :cry:[/QUOTE]

There ya go. Even less of a reason to be upset!

I hope there's a super awesome deal on the week of May 8th. I'll be stuck in Lubbock that week and they actually have a Kmart.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You just have to buy it and have them scan your SYWR card and the coupon will print! Thanks![/QUOTE]

There's no other way to do it? I'm asking because I just signed up for the SYWR card yesterday and it says it takes a week or two to receive it.

[quote name='TheInfamousTimmy']There's no other way to do it? I'm asking because I just signed up for the SYWR card yesterday and it says it takes a week or two to receive it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you just need some other piece of info but Im not positive what it is. It's either the card number, your phone number, email address...something along those lines but yeah you shouldnt need the card.

I'm so close to never buying a game on release date again.

Portal 2 already slashed in half pretty much? MK slashed in half at TRU...the fuck?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah you just need some other piece of info but Im not positive what it is. It's either the card number, your phone number, email address...something along those lines but yeah you shouldnt need the card.[/QUOTE]

Just your phone number will work fine. In order to redeem points you need a PIN # you can set up on the website.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I'm so close to never buying a game on release date again.

Portal 2 already slashed in half pretty much? MK slashed in half at TRU...the fuck?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to cheapassgamer.com.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Agreed. I was on the fence with getting one at launch. Christ I'm glad I didnt. I dont even know if Zelda can save it at this point. Nintendo needs to get their shit together quick.

Any news on price drops for either Xbox or PS3? If you're doing a PS3 deal starting June 5th that's the day before Sonys E3 conference. Maybe they'll drop it right around there..[/QUOTE]

With Dead or Alive in May, then LoZ OoT 3D in June and RE: Mercenaries the week after, I would say the system is shaping up nicely, especially considering Starfox and Kid icarus are summer titles and Miyamoto confirmed Super Mario 3DS and Mario Kart will be released this year... Its funny how everybody thinks the 3DS is doomed and the launch lineup sucked when really it is much better than the DS launch, and many other launches as well. The 3DS will have an incredible library for the first year after all is said and done, and it all starts rolling with the eshop/netflix/browser update coming up in late May.

And this isn't counting other games like Metal Gear Solid and E3 announcements.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Horrible, please Zelda save us.[/QUOTE]

Have you guys seen a sharp drop off of 3DS sales since launch?

With almost nothing interesting planned until like, June, I would think that people would wait if they didn't get it at launch.

I'm so desperate for new 3DS games I'm thinking about buying that Samurai Warriors game. lol.

I'll probably get both DoA and Resident Evil if I don't have to pay $40 for them.

[quote name='martinez91']Its funny how everybody thinks the 3DS is doomed and the launch lineup sucked when really it is much better than the DS launch, and many other launches as well.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it didn't beat the DS launch. Nintendo is using the number of units shipped, to boost their numbers. If you look at NPD data, the DS sold better than the 3DS in their respective first weeks -- and the DS still outsold the 3DS the same week.

[quote name='elessar123']Actually, it didn't beat the DS launch. Nintendo is using the number of units shipped, to boost their numbers. If you look at NPD data, the DS sold better than the 3DS in their respective first weeks -- and the DS still outsold the 3DS the same week.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the games, but Revenue wise the 3DS gained more, even though the price point is the difference there.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe in late May we are doing Madden Free with 3DS, I'll need to check and make sure.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice! I doubt i can wait that long(especially with the coupons), but i've got a buddy that deal is perfect for.

I'll probably get Ghost Recon, Ridge Racer, and Pilotwings to hold me over before Zelda. I can't wait for Zelda, Tales of the Abyss, and (omgomg) Beyond the Labyrinth.

[quote name='Vigilante']I believe Josh said he'd reveal it late next week, so you haven't missed anything yet.[/QUOTE]

Supposed to reveal it tomorrow.

Is The Shoot $30 at K-Mart? It seems to be the new MSRP and I was just making sure that reduced MSRPs are automatically done on the corporate level or whatever?

[quote name='martinez91']With Dead or Alive in May, then LoZ OoT 3D in June and RE: Mercenaries the week after, I would say the system is shaping up nicely, especially considering Starfox and Kid icarus are summer titles and Miyamoto confirmed Super Mario 3DS and Mario Kart will be released this year... Its funny how everybody thinks the 3DS is doomed and the launch lineup sucked when really it is much better than the DS launch, and many other launches as well. The 3DS will have an incredible library for the first year after all is said and done, and it all starts rolling with the eshop/netflix/browser update coming up in late May.

And this isn't counting other games like Metal Gear Solid and E3 announcements.[/QUOTE]
We'll see. Nobody cares about DoA and Mercenaries isnt going to be Resident Evil 4. If they drop the price and Zelda and Mario dont suck it'll probably be fine, sure. Otherwise I think the thing is going to tank. The battery life sucks, The games suck, their online sucks, their 3D gimmick sucks (dont tilt it!), and people aren't falling for it so quickly this time.

If they dont get their asses in gear yesterday, the next ipod will come out and put the final nail in it's coffin. Even the NGP will be much more enticing to many.

[quote name='OnettHero']Well to be fair that damn t shirt got me punched in the face at checkout...[/QUOTE]
Hey, I told you guys that'd happen.

SHC,

Question regarding an exchange and the coupon. I got 2 copies of DQV last week for the $15 coupon. I sold one on ebay but due to amazon's goldbox deal, it is not practical to keep. I was just planning on doing an exchange for something else that is in the $30 range. That should be okay and not negate my coupon right?

[quote name='ShockandAww']We'll see. Nobody cares about DoA and Mercenaries isnt going to be Resident Evil 4. If they drop the price and Zelda and Mario dont suck it'll probably be fine, sure. Otherwise I think the thing is going to tank. The battery life sucks, The games suck, their online sucks, their 3D gimmick sucks (dont tilt it!), and people aren't falling for it so quickly this time.

If they dont get their asses in gear yesterday, the next ipod will come out and put the final nail in it's coffin. Even the NGP will be much more enticing to many.[/QUOTE]

Wow, i can't believe people still come up with bizzaro world stuff like this. Its early 2005 all over again. Launch games don't define a system. In 2 months it will be the hottest thing on the planet, you can be sure of that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']We'll see. Nobody cares about DoA and Mercenaries isnt going to be Resident Evil 4. If they drop the price and Zelda and Mario dont suck it'll probably be fine, sure. Otherwise I think the thing is going to tank. The battery life sucks, The games suck, their online sucks, their 3D gimmick sucks (dont tilt it!), and people aren't falling for it so quickly this time.

If they dont get their asses in gear yesterday, the next ipod will come out and put the final nail in it's coffin. Even the NGP will be much more enticing to many.[/QUOTE]

I personally am not looking forward to DoA but will be picking up a game almost every other month of the year for it if they space them accordingly. Everybody knows OoT3D will be a success and even though it's not RE4 I don't really care, Mercenaries looks like a ton of fun. And when was the last time a main installment of mario sucked? I know the battery life is not ideal but to be honest I haven't had problems with it yet and thats with leaving it in sleep mode all the time. I don't think the 3D is a gimmick or that it sucks but everybody has a right to their own opinion.

As for the NGP there are still a lot of question marks about it and people have been talking about the ipod/ipad taking away sales and I just don't see it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back