SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Just got an email from a company who doesn't want to be mentioned.

They write: 'Kmart wants to shake a tail feather, huhhhh?! Well, we're offering FREE New Born Babies w/purchase of LA Noire!'

:whistle2:o[/QUOTE]

Did you read the fine print though in that email?

It states:
Partner of the opposite sex required to take full advantage of offer.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Just got an email from a company who doesn't want to be mentioned.

They write: 'Kmart wants to shake a tail feather, huhhhh?! Well, we're offering FREE New Born Babies w/purchase of LA Noire!'

:whistle2:o[/QUOTE]

That would definitely make me NOT want to buy LA Noire from them! :D

Anyway, need to decide which free game I'm going to go for. Front Mission Evolved is the only decent thing I see that I don't already have.

I've been buying most of my games on Amazon, but I am Definitely gonna hit my Kmart for the L.A. Noire deal, but I'm new to buying at Kmart, so I would really appreciate it if anyone can answer some of my questions. So If I buy L.A. Noire, Do I have to ask them about the deal or will they'll just ask for my Sywr account and then they'll give me the $20 coupon? I signed up online so Do I give them my phone number or my email address for my Shop.your.way.reward account? Will I'll be able to use the $20 coupon after buying L.A. Noire to get another game? And is Yakuza 3 still $20 or was that a limited time deal? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Dragun619']I've been buying most of my games on Amazon, but I am Definitely gonna hit my Kmart for the L.A. Noire deal, but I'm new to buying at Kmart, so I would really appreciate it if anyone can answer some of my questions. So If I buy L.A. Noire, Do I have to ask them about the deal or will they'll just ask for my Sywr account and then they'll give me the $20 coupon? I signed up online so Do I give them my phone number or my email address for my Shop.your.way.reward account? Will I'll be able to use the $20 coupon after buying L.A. Noire to get another game? And is Yakuza 3 still $20 or was that a limited time deal? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

1. Give them your phone number to look it up. The coupon will print automatically once they ring it up with your SYWR account.

2. You have to wait til the next Sunday to use the coupon, but it's valid for around 45 days starting that sunday.

3. Yakuza 3 is $15 still last I saw one tagged.

[quote name='dabamus']Did you read the fine print though in that email?

It states:[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. Guess Miss Bumber and I will have to buy this on opposite day! LOL! J/K!

[quote name='dabamus']1. Give them your phone number to look it up. The coupon will print automatically once they ring it up with your SYWR account.

2. You have to wait til the next Sunday to use the coupon, but it's valid for around 45 days starting that sunday.

3. Yakuza 3 is $15 still last I saw one tagged.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response. Now I can Look forward to picking up L.A. Noire at Kmart!

Any chance of a midweek restock on la noire if it becomes a portal 2 type sudden overwhelming demand? Probably going to have to wait until later in the week for this one until final projects are done. Dont want to be tempted to pop it in until friday lol.

Hmmm, so Josh, is the Dynasty Warriors 7 deal not making it out this coming week, while the Coupons from the MK/Portal deal are still active?

If not, would there be any way to buy it (and something else for pretax total) this week with the $60 worth of Coupons, and then get it price-adjusted when it does go on sale?

Or would that not work, because the majority of the cost was covered by a coupon? Would the products have to be non-open (game) / not used (points, subscription cards), in order for this to work?

Thinking about getting the SYWR card for the LA Noire deal. Is there any downside other than giving personal information? Also, if you sigin up online will they give you a number (asking because I obviously won't get the card until after Tuesday)?

[quote name='TYLERxDURDEN']Thinking about getting the SYWR card for the LA Noire deal. Is there any downside other than giving personal information? Also, if you sigin up online will they give you a number (asking because I obviously won't get the card until after Tuesday)?[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat the SYWR card. I really didn't want to sign up either but it really was as easy as it gets. When you go to checkout tell them you need the card (the girl at checkout asked me if I wanted it but make sure to mention it in case they don't). They'll ask for name, phone number and email address, that's it. They whole process took less then 2 minutes.

Hint. . . If you're nervous about giving out your email address then open a 2nd email account and give them that one. I personally have 3 email accounts with one of them being a "junk" account that I give to places that I'm not familiar with. This way if the junk one starts getting spammed to hard I an close it and not worry about changing to many of my contacts around.

I know the LA Noire deal has consumed the conversation (as it should), but have any other deals been announced for this coming week?

Any chance of a markdown on the 360 super elite bundles?

There's still a mw2 one sitting at a local kmart marked at 350.

Josh or anyone that may know...

Is there going to be a deal for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade edition?

I really want to taker advantage of the LA Noire deal but SSFIV AE is the only game I am going to want within the 45 days that the coupon will be valid for.

Please let me know! Thanks!

[quote name='jinxpalm']Josh or anyone that may know...

Is there going to be a deal for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade edition?

I really want to taker advantage of the LA Noire deal but SSFIV AE is the only game I am going to want within the 45 days that the coupon will be valid for.

Please let me know! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Josh said that Kmart will not be carrying SSFIV:AE.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Josh said that Kmart will not be carrying SSFIV:AE.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's surprising. Gonna be a pretty popular game. Most people upgrade to the newest version of the fighting games. And I could just buy the DLC but I always prefer the disc versions. I cannot believe them not carrying it at all, even in limited quantities. Hmmm if this is the case I may have to regrettably skip the LA Noire deal :cry:

[quote name='jinxpalm']Really? That's surprising. Gonna be a pretty popular game. Most people upgrade to the newest version of the fighting games. And I could just buy the DLC but I always prefer the disc versions. I cannot believe them not carrying it at all, even in limited quantities. Hmmm if this is the case I may have to regrettably skip the LA Noire deal :cry:[/QUOTE]

its because they still have a lot of inventory of teh last ones so, thatd be stupid to buy the new version when they still have the old ones and never sold them all

So when using the $15/$20/$45 coupon on the L.A. Noire deal, they scan both games and then scan the coupon, it will take off the lower priced game first, so will that void the deal? I work for a company dealing with coupons and it does voids the deal cause the system sucks. When dealing with most employees at kmart, it sucks cause they don't know what they are doing, cause they are in the wrong department and it's just a pay check to them. You can't ask them to scan L.A Noire, the coupon and then the other game cause they get offended and they will do the opposite of what you ask. So my question is to Josh, are we going to have an issue with this or just wait and see?

[quote name='ArrowBuster']So when using the $15/$20/$45 coupon on the L.A. Noire deal, they scan both games and then scan the coupon, it will take off the lower priced game first, so will that void the deal? I work for a company dealing with coupons and it does voids the deal cause the system sucks. When dealing with most employees at kmart, it sucks cause they don't know what they are doing, cause they are in the wrong department and it's just a pay check to them. You can't ask them to scan L.A Noire, the coupon and then the other game cause they get offended and they will do the opposite of what you ask. So my question is to Josh, are we going to have an issue with this or just wait and see?[/QUOTE]
I just caught this while I was running out the door and wanted to respond.

The easiest way to know what you can use on a coupon on is that you cannot combine coupons from the same offer same denomination and that Kmart systems will never allow us to pay a customer a penny from using the coupons. Basically you can't use coupons even one penny over the pretax total of the offer.

That said, I cannot comment on the competency of associates in general or whether anyone will have trouble with the deal due to a poor associate (there are plenty of good ones out there as well) all I can guarantee, is that I be there to help if needed. Some of you who have contacted me in the past week may have noticed that I am actually taking even better care of everyone now for any issue (not necessarily talking about timing).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I just caught this while I was running out the door and wanted to respond.

The easiest way to know what you can use on a coupon on is that you cannot combine coupons from the same offer same denomination and that Kmart systems will never allow us to pay a customer a penny from using the coupons. Basically you can't use coupons even one penny over the pretax total of the offer.

That said, I cannot comment on the competency of associates in general or whether anyone will have trouble with the deal due to a poor associate (there are plenty of good ones out there as well) all I can guarantee, is that I be there to help if needed. Some of you who have contacted me in the past week may have noticed that I am actually taking even better care of everyone now for any issue (not necessarily talking about timing).[/QUOTE]

Great deals come with having to explains the promotions to the associates and telling them how to ring out properly. If it a complex transaction that they dont know how to do, they call over a manager who has to pretend to know what to do.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Great deals come with having to explains the promotions to the associates and telling them how to ring out properly. If it a complex transaction that they dont know how to do, they call over a manager who has to pretend to know what to do.[/QUOTE]

What is the issue here? When they scan LA Noire, then scan the $19.99 game, wouldn't the $19.99 game automatically turn to $0.00? So then I suppose you would be able to use the coupons on LA Noire, right?

Glad I don't have any coupons now; didn't know it would be this difficult.

SHC/stockboy

i would guess every store is getting lanoire and should have plenty in stock???? I plan on taking some time off work to get in on the deal, just want to make sure my assumption is correct before I do this.

[quote name='The_ZZ']What is the issue here? When they scan LA Noire, then scan the $19.99 game, wouldn't the $19.99 game automatically turn to $0.00? So then I suppose you would be able to use the coupons on LA Noire, right?

Glad I don't have any coupons now; didn't know it would be this difficult.[/QUOTE]
It works automatically. My opinion, it is when you actually try and walk them through it that things tend to go south.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MastrMeatWad']SHC/stockboy

i would guess every store is getting lanoire and should have plenty in stock???? I plan on taking some time off work to get in on the deal, just want to make sure my assumption is correct before I do this.[/QUOTE]
Stock should not be an issue

[quote name='The_ZZ']What is the issue here? When they scan LA Noire, then scan the $19.99 game, wouldn't the $19.99 game automatically turn to $0.00? So then I suppose you would be able to use the coupons on LA Noire, right?

Glad I don't have any coupons now; didn't know it would be this difficult.[/QUOTE]

In most cases, the 19.99 game won't come off free until you hit total. So I'm wondering if the coupon tends to take off the cheapest game first, will it void the offer altogether?

[quote name='ArrowBuster']In most cases, the 19.99 game won't come off free until you hit total. So I'm wondering if the coupon tends to take off the cheapest game first, will it void the offer altogether?[/QUOTE]

Josh said it works automatically after you scan the $19.99 game, so it should work. I'm sure we'll hear what happens to people on the first day, I'll wait for that before I buy it.

[quote name='moojuice']Well, you stole my L.A. Noire business from Amazon!

Great deal, thanks Josh![/QUOTE]

Same as me. . . I canceled my la noire pre order from amazon and then bought MX vs ATV from kmart last week to start the coupon train (a game I was on the fence about and probably wasn't going to buy).

[quote name='ArrowBuster']In most cases, the 19.99 game won't come off free until you hit total. So I'm wondering if the coupon tends to take off the cheapest game first, will it void the offer altogether?[/QUOTE]
Coupons aren't scanned until after total is hit anyways, so the $19.99 game is reduced to free before the coupons ever touch the transaction.

Allow me to try again:
So Josh, is the Dynasty Warriors 7 deal not making it out this coming week, while the coupons from the MK/Portal deal are still active?

If not, would there be any way to buy it (and something else for pretax total) this week with the $60 worth of Coupons, and then get it price-adjusted when it does go on sale?

Or would that not work, because the majority of the cost was covered by a coupon? Would the products have to be non-open (game) / not used (points, subscription cards), in order for this to work?
I guess I have a bad habit of posting too early in the day XD

Went to my Kmart Thursday to do a return/rebuy of Brink, MX vs ATX Alive and Lego Pirates. Reason I decided to go Thursday was that Donna the front end mgr would be there and knows about the coupons (after having me coach her and the mgr on Tuesday). Return and rebuy went fine except the Brink coupon did not print, the other $15 coupons printed fine no prblem. So we decided that since one of them would be there Tuesday morning they would just knock off $20 off of LA Noire. (I'm planning on using the other $15 coupons also on the deal and getting a second game for free as part of the deal, so hopefully it'll go OK).

I figured I wouldnt bother you with the issue Josh since Donna and Darlene are helping me and I know you had plenty of other things going on this week.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

im a little confused about the la noire deal. do i have to be a Shop Your Way Reward member to recieve both the free game and $20 Gaming Coupon or just the Gaming Coupon?

[quote name='Mister Sister']Is it still considered "clearance" if the game is in the glass display case?[/QUOTE]

Any game $19.99 or less is legit with this deal.

has sony announced anything with retailers like a sale to help ps3 interest after the outage Josh?

I imagine that they'd want to offer deals on PSN cards or some games that are multiplayer based like SOCOM 4 and Brink

For clearance X360 games, I am wondering if 1 of the 3 listed Transformers games is Transformers: War for Cybertron? There are only three Transformers games out for X360, one of the listed ones is ROTF, and the other two listed are "Transformers" but have different UPC codes. Thanks.

[quote name='Ice_9']For clearance X360 games, I am wondering if 1 of the 3 listed Transformers games is Transformers: War for Cybertron? There are only three Transformers games out for X360, one of the listed ones is ROTF, and the other two listed are "Transformers" but have different UPC codes. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

just google the upc.

[quote name='SAB-CA']Allow me to try again:

I guess I have a bad habit of posting too early in the day XD[/QUOTE]
It is not a bad idea but let me confirm d7 sale start date on Mon.

[quote name='Magic_Knight']Josh,

Can we expect any discounts on Socom 4 in the near future? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Nope, Sony MAPs for 90 days. That said I have a Sharp shooter deal planned with it in June

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I just caught this while I was running out the door and wanted to respond.

That said, I cannot comment on the competency of associates in general or whether anyone will have trouble with the deal due to a poor associate (there are plenty of good ones out there as well) all I can guarantee, is that I be there to help if needed. Some of you who have contacted me in the past week may have noticed that I am actually taking even better care of everyone now for any issue (not necessarily talking about timing).[/QUOTE]
So, if I have a $45 and a $15 coupon from the MK/Portal deal and buy L.A. Noire, I won't be able to use both of the coupons since it'll be $60 worth of coupons for a $59.99 game?

[quote name='jkarr']Josh, Just to double check can I use my $45 coupon and still get the $20 coupon and a free game? If so that is one insane deal.[/QUOTE]
Yeppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back