SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up for the rewards program specifically for this deal. Hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow when I give them my phone number. Do I need to do anything else on the SYWR site beforehand, or am I good to go? Also, do they send out email confirmations for signing up? I haven't gotten anything yet.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm confident the registers will work, it's the employees I'm worried about. It annoys me just thinking about having a bunch of newcomers to the kmart deals come in here tomorrow posting that their stores said they didn't have the game. Fortunately, anyone reading this thread should know better.[/QUOTE]

I went today and behind the glass case they had a bunch of empty spots, one which was for L.A. Noire. :D

Hunter and F.E.A.R. 3 empty spaces I also saw..

[quote name='The_ZZ']What do you mean no point?[/QUOTE]

alright i wouldnt say no point, but for me it would minimize teh point in playin crack in time, since a big part of it is the world and the story it takes place in, of course, the puzzles and gameplay itself could be the draw for u

Why cant I find the LA Noire deal in any of the Kmart papers? I trust that it works but when doing deals I like to have the paper with me so rule out idiot workers.

I asked this on Josh's FB page, I am posting it here for more feedback should he miss my entry there.

According to him, if you buy a $14.99 game as filler to take advantage of the $60 gamer coupon when purchasing LA Noire, that lower priced game will count as the free game instead of the $19.99 one. In this case, you would be paying for the $19.99 game and using it as the filler.

In other words, the filler will need to be $19.99 in order to maximize our free game promo, otherwise it will only count the lower priced game? What if my filler was say, a $5 cable? Would that ring up as free instead of the $19.99 game?

What time does kmart open on weekdays?

Also what is required to take advantage of the la noire deal?
La noire = free game and coupon
Or
La noire and a dollar gum = free game and coupon

[quote name='Blackout']I signed up for the rewards program specifically for this deal. Hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow when I give them my phone number. Do I need to do anything else on the SYWR site beforehand, or am I good to go? Also, do they send out email confirmations for signing up? I haven't gotten anything yet.[/QUOTE]

In POST #3, Josh said that you need to make sure you're signed up for the SYWR email updates. Just go to http://www.shopyourwayrewards.com, sign in and cilck on the EMAIL PREFERENCES tab. Check the KMART sections to get those updates and save. You should be good to go. I created my account a few days ago and tested it out today by buying some razors and shampoo. Worked like a charm by giving the cashier my phone number. :lol:

[quote name='Soodmeg']Why cant I find the LA Noire deal in any of the Kmart papers? I trust that it works but when doing deals I like to have the paper with me so rule out idiot workers.[/QUOTE]

It's not in the circulars. It's at KMARTGamer.com. If you have any problems, email Josh afterward.

I wouldn't trust the workers in my KMART gaming section either... hopefully things go well tomorrow.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm confident the registers will work, it's the employees I'm worried about. It annoys me just thinking about having a bunch of newcomers to the kmart deals come in here tomorrow posting that their stores said they didn't have the game. Fortunately, anyone reading this thread should know better.[/QUOTE]

I'm worried about that too. I went to KMART today to scope things out and the workers in the electronics dept. did not exactly give me much reason to be confident.

[quote name='Max Spider X']I asked this on Josh's FB page, I am posting it here for more feedback should he miss my entry there.

According to him, if you buy a $14.99 game as filler to take advantage of the $60 gamer coupon when purchasing LA Noire, that lower priced game will count as the free game instead of the $19.99 one. In this case, you would be paying for the $19.99 game and using it as the filler.

In other words, the filler will need to be $19.99 in order to maximize our free game promo, otherwise it will only count the lower priced game? What if my filler was say, a $5 cable? Would that ring up as free instead of the $19.99 game?[/QUOTE]

The first scenario is correct. If you bought LA Noire + 19.99 game + 14.99 game the 14.99 will be free and you will be using the 19.99 game as 'filler'. A $5 cable will not work for anything here. It would not come off as the free game because it's not a game and it won't work to put you over the $60 coupon because it's not gaming related. Stuff that qualifies you for gaming coupons are hardware, software, and points cards (PSN or XBL).

[quote name='hellbringer333']What time does kmart open on weekdays?

Also what is required to take advantage of the la noire deal?
La noire = free game and coupon
Or
La noire and a dollar gum = free game and coupon[/QUOTE]

LA Noire all by itself will work. No need to purchase anything else if you don't want.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']In POST #3, Josh said that you need to make sure you're signed up for the SYWR email updates. Just go to http://www.shopyourwayrewards.com, sign in and cilck on the EMAIL PREFERENCES tab. Check the KMART sections to get those updates and save. You should be good to go. I created my account a few days ago and tested it out today by buying some razors and shampoo. Worked like a charm by giving the cashier my phone number. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NoMeDigas']It's not in the circulars. It's at KMARTGamer.com. If you have any problems, email Josh afterward.

I wouldn't trust the workers in my KMART gaming section either... hopefully things go well tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I'm worried about that too. I went to KMART today to scope things out and the workers in the electronics dept. did not exactly give me much reason to be confident.[/QUOTE]

FFS, learn to multiquote and consolidate your posts into one instead of double and triple posting, man.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']In POST #3, Josh said that you need to make sure you're signed up for the SYWR email updates. Just go to http://www.shopyourwayrewards.com, sign in and cilck on the EMAIL PREFERENCES tab. Check the KMART sections to get those updates and save. You should be good to go. I created my account a few days ago and tested it out today by buying some razors and shampoo. Worked like a charm by giving the cashier my phone number. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Did just that.

Thanks SSR. What if it was a component cable found in the gaming section? In that regard, do gaming accessories count as fillers at all?

[quote name='Max Spider X']I asked this on Josh's FB page, I am posting it here for more feedback should he miss my entry there.

In other words, the filler will need to be $19.99 in order to maximize our free game promo, otherwise it will only count the lower priced game? What if my filler was say, a $5 cable? Would that ring up as free instead of the $19.99 game?[/QUOTE]

am i missing something - what $60 coupon - its a $20 coupon and a free game

[quote name='thegoodshepherd']am i missing something - what $60 coupon - its a $20 coupon and a free game[/QUOTE]

They are talking about the Spend $120 get $60 coupon from last month.

Simple solution to the filler problem for those with $45 and $15 coupons: get a point card. Those don't count towards the free game thing, so they would work as a filler.

[quote name='Max Spider X']Thanks SSR. What if it was a component cable found in the gaming section? In that regard, do gaming accessories count as fillers at all?[/QUOTE]
My reading comprehension sucks so I'm not 100% on what youre asking, but if you mean youre trying to use your $60 in coupons, then a cheap gaming accessory should work since the LA Noire deal should only discount a software title (but not an accessory) $19.99 or below.

[quote name='dabamus']Simple solution to the filler problem for those with $45 and $15 coupons: get a point card. Those don't count towards the free game thing, so they would work as a filler.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but thats kind of a shitty "filler" since you're only trying to spend a single penny more to reach $60.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']They are talking about the Spend $120 get $60 coupon from last month.[/QUOTE]

i understand that - but, this was related to buying la noire - is there another $60 coupon available with this deal

this la noire deal is - get a $20 coupon and a free game 19.99 and under

[quote name='ssr']FFS, learn to multiquote and consolidate your posts into one instead of double and triple posting, man.[/QUOTE]

Sorry... did I break your computer screen because you read three separate replies from me?

I mean, I get what you're saying, and I DO know how to multiquote... but is it really that big of a deal? I was replying to three different posts at different times. My apologies if CAG runs out of space as a result.

[quote name='thegoodshepherd']i understand that - but, this was related to buying la noire - is there another $60 coupon available with this deal

this la noire deal is - get a $20 coupon and a free game 19.99 and under[/QUOTE]
There's no other $60 coupon. The person was merely saying they wanted to use their $45 and $15 coupons on LA Noire. The deal is as you stated, $20 coupon and $19.99 or under free game.

Are the price drop for may in the OP store wide? For example, my kmart has a copy of Metro 2033 that I'd love to grab with Noir but it's still in the case and stickered at 45$. Will the registers scan it at 19.xx?

[quote name='donbaloo']Are the price drop for may in the OP store wide? For example, my kmart has a copy of Metro 2033 that I'd love to grab with Noir but it's still in the case and stickered at 45$. Will the registers scan it at 19.xx?[/QUOTE]
It should yes, but then I don't think it should still be in the case or marked at that price either.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']There's no other $60 coupon. The person was merely saying they wanted to use their $45 and $15 coupons on LA Noire. The deal is as you stated, $20 coupon and $19.99 or under free game.[/QUOTE]

very good - thanks - just wanted to make sure there was nothing else - i'm not on facebook etc. to see any extra deals (if there was any)

[quote name='ShockandAww']It should yes, but then I don't think it should still be in the case or marked at that price either.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a copy of Buzz TV that rang up $20 even though it was in the case marked at $60...

[quote name='ShockandAww']It should yes, but then I don't think it should still be in the case or marked at that price either.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. They've actually got a pretty good selection of the $19.xx titles from the op, but they're all behind the case and stickered at various prices, but none at the 19 price. Probably why there's still a good selection...

Can't wait! Free LA Noire and free Resonance of Fate!
About 12 more hours I'll be taking my lunch break (and also grabbing one of those awesome Banana Pudding shakes from Chik-Fil-A).

this is a case of having the cake and wanting to eat it but: I wanna do the KMart deal BUT i just picked up my gamestop copy using the trade2for50 deal.

And heres the kicker: I cant even do the play then return my KMart copy to Gamestop because of the difference in games via extras!!! CRAP!

[quote name='Max Spider X']Thanks SSR. What if it was a component cable found in the gaming section? In that regard, do gaming accessories count as fillers at all?[/QUOTE]

I very well could be mistaken so perhaps getting Josh or somebody else who knows from experience to chime in would be more helpful but I do not think something like a component cable will work. I only say that because (like an HDMI cable) they can be used on non-gaming specific things as well. I don't even know that like a gel skin type thing for a wii-mote would qualify.

There's a suggestion for the OPs somewhere: delineate what exactly constitutes a gaming purchase. Accessories, cables, hardware, software, points cards, etc.

[quote name='merchie89']
And heres the kicker: I cant even do the play then return my KMart copy to Gamestop because of the difference in games via extras!!! CRAP![/QUOTE]

We feel so sorry for you. :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']We feel so sorry for you. :roll:[/QUOTE]

PITY ME!!

Hmmm might have to do some researching on the case you get at gamestop because they screwed me over by not having the stupid employee put in my powerup info when I preordered so NO PIANO GUN FOR ME!!!!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You dyslexic?[/QUOTE]
No it was a hilarious joke.

He sunk (got banned) long ago. He's since become a "legend"...much like Atlantis.

Then I called him an idiot, as Altanis might have. Since had he been following every post in every Kmart thread, he would've already known that (for christ's sake).

So my brilliant humor aside, I went to get LA Noire at Walmart (gag/long story/still getting it at Kmart) and it was a complete pain in the ass unlike my local Kmart. The first WM I stopped at was clueless and "must not have gotten it" even though there were literally 4 big ass ads advertising it's release in the electronics department. The second WM did manage to find it thanks to an employee actually taking 2 minutes to look for it for me (it was still packed up in a box).

So what I'm trying to say is don't feel too bad Josh.

Can someone compile a list of the best 5-10 $19.99 or less titles across all platforms?

I'm trying to make a list to help me tomorrow...

I'm looking at

Legend of Zelda: PH (DS)
Megaman Zero Collection (DS)

^I just bought a 3DS and never owned a DS so I thought those would be fun to play [Nastalgia]

SOCOM Confrontation Bundle (PS3) Free Headset
Warhawk with headset (PS3) Free Headset
Godfather Dons:Edition (PS3) Sucker for Collector's Editions
Oblivion-GOTY (PS3) Never played it

Fire Emblem (Wii) - Not sure why, but everyone has been talking about it (Is it rare or valuable?)

Halo Wars LE (360) - Again, sucker for CE

Edit: I was also interested in RAPALA Fishing Frenzy (PS3) if that is the game that comes with the Rod. Anyone know?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this 20$ gamin coupon good only at kmart or can it be used at sears also? My local sears has Metro 2033 on clearance and this would give me a great excuse to pick it up. Thanks SHC-Gamer really your doing gods works here. :p

[quote name='Bartboy']Is this 20$ gamin coupon good only at kmart or can it be used at sears also? My local sears has Metro 2033 on clearance and this would give me a great excuse to pick it up. Thanks SHC-Gamer really your doing gods works here. :p[/QUOTE]
Only Kmart, sorry.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Any success/horror stories out there yet?[/QUOTE]
Just got back from a squadron workout and figured that some of the East Coast stores are open now and I would check on here if it was working.

Here's hoping it does, because I'm sure you could use a week where you aren't gnashing your teeth and pulling your hair out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back