SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey IATCG,

The June price drop is when you can use the coupon on a discounted game, not get another coupon.

A recent title for $35 minus $20 coupon you got from LAN and you're paying only $15 out of pocket for a freshly minted game.

The great thing about the coupon train is you get new titles for $40-$45 + some freebies occasionally.

I know you're not into new games that much but it's worth while if you ever get into it.

Had a long hour or so working out the coupons working with the LA:N deal. After the hour on the second day it worked for the most part, computer would not give the free sub $20 game for some reason. Email out to Josh, figure he'll help out. First issue at this store and it's the sixth time or so I've used previous coupons there.

I picked up LAN on PS3 and Enslaved on 360. The register wouldn't take off the $19.99 from enslaved. A manager came over and helped. She had to manually deduct it, but it all worked out and everyone was helpful.

[quote name='cuscott']Great Deal! Worked like a charm in Greenville, SC. I was wondering can I swap out my "free" game for another $19.99 and under game? There is another one that I would prefer over the one I ended up with.

Thanks ![/QUOTE]

Depends on the manager. I picked up Dead Space on Tuesday, and left them my number to call if they got ODST in. They called Wednesday, and let me exchange for it. Just make sure you don't open the game you're planning to exchange, and hold on to your receipt.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey IATCG,

The June price drop is when you can use the coupon on a discounted game, not get another coupon. A recent title for $35 minus $20 coupon you got from LAN and you're paying only $15 out of pocket for a freshly minted game.

The great thing about the coupon train is you get new titles for $40-$45 + some freebies occasionally. I know you're not into new games that much but it's worth while if you ever get into it.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s I'm not an MSRP paying kinda gamer though. If a game ends up not being what I expected and I paid MSRP or close for it after reading a ton of reviews, watching videos out the wazoo that show the game and maybe even playing a demo of it, then I feel ripped off.

That's why I always kept an eye on the clearance racks at TRU, Kmart and Sears(Target round here sucks for clearance), since I was willing to pay $5-10 for a 2-3 year old game. I knew that even if it sucked I could likely plop it up on Craigslist or trade it in via a promo at Gamestop and get back close to what I paid(if not more).

But with paying MSRP, the week after a game comes out the trade value is $25-30(more if you take credit), but that's in credit and not cash. If you want cash then take off anywhere from 10-20%. So then you spent $50-60 to find out a game blows and get back less than half of what you paid within a week.

I did that at the beginning of last gen, but since joining CAG I've learned to be patient for most games as they almost always go on sale/clearance someplace.

The next game I'm half interested in(which has been delayed forever like Duke Nukem Forever) is I Am Alive, the release date of which is now only 'pending' but is rumored to be sometime in 2012. Thanks to CAG I have enough of a backlog that I don't need to buy anymore titles until then, but if a decent enough deal(like this one) pops up then I'm more likely to bite. But I'm using that $20 coupon as soon as I can on whatever I can find that's at or around $20 and that's it.

I have a buddy who want the game for his birthday, so I went to Kmart after class. Wasn't sure what to get for the free game since last time they had horrible selections. This time around they put out more games in good display. I managed to find a game I really want, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom! So my buddy gets his birthday wish, I get a free game, and a 20 dollar gift card!

This is my first time posting. I picked up a copy of L.A. NOIRE and Super Street Fighter IV for the XBOX 360 at the KMART in Somerset NJ. SSF4 came off of the receipt as a free promotional game. Printed with the receipt was a $20 game coupon valid 5/22/11-7/02/11. You have to be a Shop Your Way Rewards Member to get the deal (it's free to sign up). Thanks for the heads up. You guys rock. :applause:

[quote name='jaredstorm']Going to announce LoZ:OOT, infamous 2 and Red Faction Armageddon deal soon, Josh?

Those are going my June games for sure.[/QUOTE]

It would be awesome if LoZ:OOT came with TP/coupon/t-shirt! That would be epic.

Worked the deal today getting Enslaved as the free game. I had to buy it with Alpha Protocol and then the girl from Electronics walked me over to customer service and the rep switched it out for me.

Service was marvelous and the staff were very helpful.

Thanks Josh for such a great deal - this was a real cracker and you did yourself proud. It is not your fault a couple of sku's were out of the system for this and if the store has helpful staff none of it is a problem.

I am curious as to the level of success you feel this deal has had - seems like a lot of people have being biting and most stores have drained their stocks from what I can see. I know there were some issues you had to clean up - but do you feel it was a success for K-Mart (I am pretty sure most of us here feel it was for us).

Cheers

I'm jealous of everybodys free game :whistle2:(. Had like 5 choices(or at least correctly labeled 19.99 or under) and went with dantes inferno -___-. well at least free is free.great deal regardless.

[quote name='zyzybalubah1']I'm jealous of everybodys free game :whistle2:(. Had like 5 choices(or at least correctly labeled 19.99 or under) and went with dantes inferno -___-. well at least free is free.great deal regardless.[/QUOTE]

Honestly a good game once you play a bit into it. :)

[quote name='Joartrak']Honestly a good game once you play a bit into it. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Its not game of the year quality, but still a lot of enjoyment to be had.

[quote name='zyzybalubah1']I'm jealous of everybodys free game :whistle2:(. Had like 5 choices(or at least correctly labeled 19.99 or under) and went with dantes inferno -___-. well at least free is free.great deal regardless.[/QUOTE]
Believe it or not, I enjoy Dante's Inferno more than God Of War 3. Almost identical battle system with a better story, better atmosphere, and better monster designs.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Going to announce LoZ:OOT, infamous 2 and Red Faction Armageddon deal soon, Josh?

I'm curious about inFamous as well. Definitely getting that one, hopefully from k-mart.

I am very interested in the Red Faction deal. Won't be getting infamous 2 from K-Mart cuz I have the Hero Edition paid off with gamestop credit.

Probably will get Alice from K-Mart as well :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I am very interested in the Red Faction deal. Won't be getting infamous 2 from K-Mart cuz I have the Hero Edition paid off with gamestop credit.

Probably will get Alice from K-Mart as well :)[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about getting Alice with my K-mart credits. It would be super awesome if Kmart gives a deal for Alice too. Haha I think if Kmart always offer the same deal as LAN I will always give them my business.

Has anybody had any luck getting either PS3 Hot Shots Golf or R&C Crack in Time, or Lucha Libre AAA for either 360/PS3 to work for the free $20 game with LA Noire? They are all on the clearance list on the first post and I have seen conflicting reports of clearance games working. Really hoping I can find Hot Shots Golf for PS3, as that game is still a bit pricey, after all of this time.

[quote name='ceve2001']I'm thinking about getting Alice with my K-mart credits. It would be super awesome if Kmart gives a deal for Alice too. Haha I think if Kmart always offer the same deal as LAN I will always give them my business.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize Alice was coming out so soon...This game interests me and if there is a good K-Mart deal I might pick it up...especially with my $20 LAN coupon...

I didn't have much to choose from, I ended up getting Super Street Fighter IV. I was hoping to see Toy Story 3 on sale for $19.99 for my daughter.

Though I was able to catch up 100 percent Thursday early a.m. from yesterday morning till now I have received numerous customer support requests. I will be in meetings till about 1p.m. but I will then be able to assist as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!

[quote name='jj5206']I didn't realize Alice was coming out so soon...This game interests me and if there is a good K-Mart deal I might pick it up...especially with my $20 LAN coupon...[/QUOTE]

I just looked at this game on IGN and now I'm interested. When does the game come out? I'm hoping before my $20 coupon from LAN expires and if Josh puts a deal on this game the coupon train will be full steam ahead once again.

I noticed some people mentioning getting Super Street Fighter IV as their free game.... but I don't see it on that clearance list.

Is it missing from that list or the list hasn't been edited to reflect this? If someone could please comment on this it would be greatly appreciated.

I want to get LAN if I could get this for me free game for sure!

[quote name='ps2emotions']I just looked at this game on IGN and now I'm interested. When does the game come out? I'm hoping before my $20 coupon from LAN expires and if Josh puts a deal on this game the coupon train will be full steam ahead once again.[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be out on 6/14

[quote name='volt1up']I'm curious about inFamous as well. Definitely getting that one, hopefully from k-mart.[/QUOTE]

I wish Kmart would get more collectors editions. Would like to get the Hero Edition from there, I'll just end up getting the regular though. Infamous 2 is going to be great, not only for the game itself, but the Uncharted 3 beta! :)

[quote name='jaredstorm']I wish Kmart would get more collectors editions. Would like to get the Hero Edition from there, I'll just end up getting the regular though. Infamous 2 is going to be great, not only for the game itself, but the Uncharted 3 beta! :)[/QUOTE]

Infamous 2 worries me, the first one did nothing but impress so now I have to not expect the same level of great things a second time around. I'll probably just gamefly it, Duke Nukem also comes out later that month (haha, I know).

Another flawless execution for the 2nd run with this deal, using the $15 gaming coupon (having used the $45 earlier this week) this time at another Kmart.

Picked up :ps3: LA Noire with :ps3: Ghostbusters for $45 and reduced it to $25 using SYWR points, and got the $20 coupon.

[quote name='caponesgun']Infamous 2 worries me, the first one did nothing but impress so now I have to not expect the same level of great things a second time around. I'll probably just gamefly it, Duke Nukem also comes out later that month (haha, I know).[/QUOTE]
A friend got in on the beta and said it was much better than the original Infamous. I think I2 is going to deliver in a big way.

Definitely thinking I should have gotten the PS3 version of LA Noire. Framerate issues aside, I'm getting dialogue and character models not loading entirely in some cutscenes. I was so confused when a hat picked itself up off the ground and started walking away, or why another character was talking to the air.

Hey Josh I've been thinking about the constant problem that people report about employees and managers claiming that deals are either not valid or only good online. I know that the lead-in time for getting things mentioned in the weekly ad is pretty ridiculous, but I was wondering how close it really was to when you get a deal approved to when the corresponding ad goes to print. I'm sure it varies, but I was curious if there are ever opportunities to get them in there or if the publisher doesn't want them advertised. I mean I'm sure you would if you could since that would all but eliminate that problem, but I just didn't know if there was more to it than just not being able to get the deals approved until it's too late.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I noticed some people mentioning getting Super Street Fighter IV as their free game.... but I don't see it on that clearance list.

Is it missing from that list or the list hasn't been edited to reflect this? If someone could please comment on this it would be greatly appreciated.

I want to get LAN if I could get this for me free game for sure![/QUOTE]

I picked it up for the 360. The PS3 version was ringing up for $29.99 so it would not work.

Someone asked earlier if :ps3: Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds worked on the promo w/o override. I can verify that it does.

Also, I have some potential good news / bad news: It appears that Kmart is running another promo this weekend as my reciept reads "SPEND $50 Get $10" with a corresponding $10 credit bringing the total down to $49.99+tax for :ps3:LA Noire+HSG:OoB+$20 Gaming Coupon.

I guess it was good luck that I couldn't find it yesterday. :)

Went into Kmart last night after also getting a $5 off coupon emailed saying Kmart "missed me". As I'm walking back to the games section with my son, I see one of my good friends. I ask him what he's here for, he says a game. I ask if it's LA Noire, he smiles and says yes, then we both simultaneously say, "That promo is amazing".

Used my $5 off coupon, great experience, everything went off without a hitch, and I got Assassin's Creed II for free. Kmart, you have won me over. Good bye Best Buy. Now to blow my BB giftcards on something, and finally be done with them.

Im hoping for a Alice deal to use my coupon on as well. Kmart will get more of my business based on their great response to a minor issue I had!

[quote name='hostyl1']Someone asked earlier if :ps3: Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds worked on the promo w/o override. I can verify that it does.

Also, I have some potential good news / bad news: It appears that Kmart is running another promo this weekend as my reciept reads "SPEND $50 Get $10" with a corresponding $10 credit bringing the total down to $49.99+tax for :ps3:LA Noire+HSG:OoB+$20 Gaming Coupon.

I guess it was good luck that I couldn't find it yesterday. :)[/QUOTE]
Edit: Can anyone confirm if the $10 off worked for them today? Is it for anyone or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chriscolbert']Hey Josh I've been thinking about the constant problem that people report about employees and managers claiming that deals are either not valid or only good online. I know that the lead-in time for getting things mentioned in the weekly ad is pretty ridiculous, but I was wondering how close it really was to when you get a deal approved to when the corresponding ad goes to print. I'm sure it varies, but I was curious if there are ever opportunities to get them in there or if the publisher doesn't want them advertised. I mean I'm sure you would if you could since that would all but eliminate that problem, but I just didn't know if there was more to it than just not being able to get the deals approved until it's too late.[/QUOTE]

They aren't stated clearly in the ad both because the ad goes to print weeks early and because josh doesn't want to make it easy for people to PM the deals at best buy or something.

I guess it has its benefits on one hand but its downsides on the other. Despite the ad CLEARLY stating IN-STORE offers many kmart employees are incapable of reading or thinking beyond "go away".

Anybody know if we could just return the free game for store credit with the original receipt? I picked up Prototype for the PS3 as my free game due to limited selection and have no intention of playing it. Hoping I could just return for store credit and use along with the $20 gaming certificate to pick up Dirt 3 next week. Anybody have luck trying such exchange?

[quote name='agentorunge']Anybody know if we could just return the free game for store credit with the original receipt? I picked up Prototype for the PS3 as my free game due to limited selection and have no intention of playing it. Hoping I could just return for store credit and use along with the $20 gaming certificate to pick up Dirt 3 next week. Anybody have luck trying such exchange?[/QUOTE]

If they were gonna let you do that, they'd have just given you 2 $20 coupons. The point of the free game was to get rid of old stock.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I picked it up for the 360. The PS3 version was ringing up for $29.99 so it would not work.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response InvaderZim. I'll still go to K for this, but still just wondering what PS3 game to get for free.

Once again, this is an awesome deal. I'm assuming if we run into any issue, we should just proceed with the purchase and send an email to the almighty Josh?

Grabbed L.A. Noire and Bioshock this afternoon and everything worked just how it should have. She even had the ass of two Christmas hams kissing under the mistletoe. What an awesome afternoon.

/Cheers

and no extra $10 off or any mention of it on my receipt so I cannot confirm.

[quote name='agentorunge']Anybody know if we could just return the free game for store credit with the original receipt? I picked up Prototype for the PS3 as my free game due to limited selection and have no intention of playing it. Hoping I could just return for store credit and use along with the $20 gaming certificate to pick up Dirt 3 next week. Anybody have luck trying such exchange?[/QUOTE]

I would have to think that there is absolutely no way they would give you credit. You might see it as $19.99 = $19.99 but they are going to see it as you didn't pay anything at all for it. There may be about a 5-10% chance that you could get them to exchange it for or towards another game, but given the nature of the promotion I would say that is very unlikely.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I would have to think that there is absolutely no way they would give you credit. You might see it as $19.99 = $19.99 but they are going to see it as you didn't pay anything at all for it. There may be about a 5-10% chance that you could get them to exchange it for or towards another game, but given the nature of the promotion I would say that is very unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Darn..., if that's the case, anybody looking for Prototype for the PS3?? Still sealed, open for trades, LOL.

As I mentioned on Twitter to Josh, the K-Mart here in Greenville had no idea about the gamer blog and refused to even check for me. Told me, "It's probably an online only deal" as she repeatedly checked the Sunday ad.

No L.A. Noire for me.

I would take advantage of all of these blog deals if it weren't so tough to communicate with the employees. Maybe have something behind the desk? (a handout?)

[quote name='agentorunge']Darn..., if that's the case, anybody looking for Prototype for the PS3?? Still sealed, open for trades, LOL.[/QUOTE]

you might be able to do a straight trade for a $19.99 or less game.

[quote name='agentorunge']Darn..., if that's the case, anybody looking for Prototype for the PS3?? Still sealed, open for trades, LOL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean you never know what could happen and it wouldn't hurt to try, but I agree with confoosious that your best bet would be a straight exchange, although it sounds like the reason you're in this situation is because they didn't have a good selection of $19.99 games to begin with.

[quote name='confoosious']you might be able to do a straight trade for a $19.99 or less game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I may hit up another local Kmart to see if the selection is better. It was slim pickings where I had originally made the purchase. Thanks.

[quote name='Maizrim']As I mentioned on Twitter to Josh, the K-Mart here in Greenville had no idea about the gamer blog and refused to even check for me. Told me, "It's probably an online only deal" as she repeatedly checked the Sunday ad.

No L.A. Noire for me.

I would take advantage of all of these blog deals if it weren't so tough to communicate with the employees. Maybe have something behind the desk? (a handout?)[/QUOTE]

I'm new to CAG and Kmartgamer, but from the many stories of success and failure I've read on this thread it seems the biggest mistake people make is to ask about the deal rather than just buy the items. From my understanding, there's no reason even to bring up the deal with employees. Just say you'd like to buy L.A. Noire plus your other game and everything should work out. Obviously it doesn't always work out (coupons not printing, etc.), but that's Josh's domain; fixing problems like those after the fact.

[quote name='Maizrim']As I mentioned on Twitter to Josh, the K-Mart here in Greenville had no idea about the gamer blog and refused to even check for me. Told me, "It's probably an online only deal" as she repeatedly checked the Sunday ad.

No L.A. Noire for me.

I would take advantage of all of these blog deals if it weren't so tough to communicate with the employees. Maybe have something behind the desk? (a handout?)[/QUOTE]

Or you could do what 85% of the other people in this thread have done and get the items and bring them up to the register and have it work automatically without even a mention of a "gamer blog." Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back