SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pedigoa']I'm new to CAG and Kmartgamer, but from the many stories of success and failure I've read on this thread it seems the biggest mistake people make is to ask about the deal rather than just buy the items. From my understanding, there's no reason even to bring up the deal with employees. Just say you'd like to buy L.A. Noire plus your other game and everything should work out. Obviously it doesn't always work out (coupons not printing, etc.), but that's Josh's domain; fixing problems like those after the fact.[/QUOTE]

Best advice so far! Seriously; the only thing you should be asking the associates for is to grab the games out of the display case. No disrespect to the Kmart staff because I have really good ones at my store but they are not being breifed on these promotions.

Josh I know it's a long way off but I just watched the demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning hope you show that title some love when it comes out looks pretty sweet.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Or you could do what 85% of the other people in this thread have done and get the items and bring them up to the register and have it work automatically without even a mention of a "gamer blog." Just saying.[/QUOTE]

This is true, though the woman would not even open the case... she just shrugged it off and turned back to what she was doing. If I didn't have my 3 year old with me, I might have gone the extra mile or talked to a manager, but I didn't have the time or the patience today.

Sorry if this was answered earlier (I'm sure it was). Are the price drops/clearance prices universal? Specifically Singularity is marked $29.99 in store. Will that ring up at 19.97 and work for this deal? Thanks so much.

[quote name='GBAstar']Best advice so far! Seriously; the only thing you should be asking the associates for is to grab the games out of the display case. No disrespect to the Kmart staff because I have really good ones at my store but they are not being breifed on these promotions.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people would ask anywhere.

If I go to best buy or target or gamestop even they rarely know what promotions are going on. Heck, the gamestop guys are barely educated beyond what upcoming shooter they should be pushing on everyone that walks in the door to pre-order..

If people relied on the employees knowing what deals were going on to buy something or not nobody would ever get any deals. I don't understand why it seems like only at kmart we have people posting "well the 60 year old lady behind the counter said she didn't know about the deal so I walked out and paid $60 somewhere else herp a derp"

[quote name='NumberOneGenius']Sorry if this was answered earlier (I'm sure it was). Are the price drops/clearance prices universal? Specifically Singularity is marked $29.99 in store. Will that ring up at 19.97 and work for this deal? Thanks so much.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are pretty universal. Many Kmarts have games that are mismarked and as long as it was on the drop list, it should ring up at 19.97 anyway. Many other gamers, along with myself, have gotten Resonance of Fate, which was marked 59.99, but still rang up at the right price, so you should have no problem.

[quote name='NumberOneGenius']Sorry if this was answered earlier (I'm sure it was). Are the price drops/clearance prices universal? Specifically Singularity is marked $29.99 in store. Will that ring up at 19.97 and work for this deal? Thanks so much.[/QUOTE]

My Metro 2033 was marked at $29.99 but rang up as $19.99. I didn't ask any questions at all and it rang up as $19.99 and free after hitting the total.

Wasn't there a PS3 deal in the works or did that already happen? I don't pay attention to the console deals since I don't need one, but a buddy is wanting one.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Wasn't there a PS3 deal in the works or did that already happen? I don't pay attention to the console deals since I don't need one, but a buddy is wanting one.[/QUOTE]

I believe the week of June 5th is the PS3 deal.

No go at my local Kmart. I was hoping to get L.A. Noire, but they didn't have any copies whatsoever (for either :360: or :ps3:). Pretty bummed out that I can't get in on this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, just got back from the Kmart in Herndon, VA and in addition to the already great deal on L.A. Noire there was also a store-wide deal to save an additional $10 off of any purchase over $50 for today only (5/20). Counting tax I got Noire, ODST, and the $20 credit for just $52.50.

Does anyone see LA Noire going on sale for $39.99 anytime soon like it did with Mortal Kombat? I'm tempted to buy the game, but I already have every game that I want that costs $19.99 or under.

I decided to try to get in on the L.A. Noire offer and give Kmart a chance at earning my business. Whenever I had tried to get something in the past they NEVER had what I wanted. Well, it was true this time as well. I asked the guy working in electronics if they had any and he said they had some the day it came out but none since then. It seems pretty ridiculous for a big retailer not to have more copies of a high profile new release, but hey, this is the Kmart that never has what I want, so no big surprise there. It just seems silly for me to waste my time hoping for something to be in stock when I can go somewhere I know it will be or just order from Amazon.

The one thing I will say though is that the guy there asked if I needed help right away. That was nice.

After that, I went across over to the Best Buy. Guess what - plenty of copies! Suppose that is why I have been shopping there primarily all along and will continue to do so. No change for me. It really is a shame because I know how hard Josh works on the deals and customer support, and I wanted to reward him for it, but I cannot buy what is not there!

The store is #3834 if anyone is interested in avoiding that one.

[quote name='Quintessence']I decided to try to get in on the L.A. Noire offer and give Kmart a chance at earning my business. Whenever I had tried to get something in the past they NEVER had what I wanted. Well, it was true this time as well. I asked the guy working in electronics if they had any and he said they had some the day it came out but none since then. It seems pretty ridiculous for a big retailer not to have more copies of a high profile new release, but hey, this is the Kmart that never has what I want, so no big surprise there. It just seems silly for me to waste my time hoping for something to be in stock when I can go somewhere I know it will be or just order from Amazon.

The one thing I will say though is that the guy there asked if I needed help right away. That was nice.

After that, I went across over to the Best Buy. Guess what - plenty of copies! Suppose that is why I have been shopping there primarily all along and will continue to do so. No change for me. It really is a shame because I know how hard Josh works on the deals and customer support, and I wanted to reward him for it, but I cannot buy what is not there!

The store is #3834 if anyone is interested in avoiding that one.[/QUOTE]

Did you also e-mail Josh?

[quote name='Quintessence']I decided to try to get in on the L.A. Noire offer and give Kmart a chance at earning my business. Whenever I had tried to get something in the past they NEVER had what I wanted. Well, it was true this time as well. I asked the guy working in electronics if they had any and he said they had some the day it came out but none since then. It seems pretty ridiculous for a big retailer not to have more copies of a high profile new release, but hey, this is the Kmart that never has what I want, so no big surprise there. It just seems silly for me to waste my time hoping for something to be in stock when I can go somewhere I know it will be or just order from Amazon.

While it would be nice for them to have more, K-Mart doesn't have the budget to have the stock levels of a Best Buy or Wal-Mart. Plus, you waited until Friday. Maybe the word has gotten out that K-Mart kicks every other B&M's ass when it comes to deals and that's why they were out and Best Buy had tons. I'm not saying you don't have a point to a degree, but if you were finally going to give them a chance then waiting until the fourth day of availability on what is arguably their best deal yet is what did you in.

yeah it's pretty well known that kmart doesn't carry the stock of a best buy. It's unfortunate that they were sold out but it seems a silly thing to complain about. Good deals = High Demand. Waiting until Friday for these deals is always a bit risky.

[quote name='chriscolbert']While it would be nice for them to have more, K-Mart doesn't have the budget to have the stock levels of a Best Buy or Wal-Mart. Plus, you waited until Friday. Maybe the word has gotten out that K-Mart kicks every other B&M's ass when it comes to deals and that's why they were out and Best Buy had tons. I'm not saying you don't have a point to a degree, but if you were finally going to give them a chance then waiting until the fourth day of availability on what is arguably their best deal yet is what did you in.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you're coming from... but it's not like Josh didn't know this was going to be a blockbuster hit, so plenty of copies should have been made available to each and every store.

On top of that, people had been reporting early on that they had been having problems getting the deal because employees hadn't been aware of it, so assuming that if I gave them a couple more days, then maybe they could work out the kinks.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I understand where you're coming from... but it's not like Josh didn't know this was going to be a blockbuster hit, so plenty of copies should have been made available to each and every store.

On top of that, people had been reporting early on that they had been having problems getting the deal because employees hadn't been aware of it, so assuming that if I gave them a couple more days, then maybe they could work out the kinks.[/QUOTE]

Who cares if the employees don't know? The deal would have worked whether or not the employees knew.

I tried this at the Lemoore, CA. Kmart near where I work and only got half the deal. The lady behind the counter told me she didn't know anything about a free game offer and said I'd probably get a coupon after I paid. And I did. The promised $20 gamer credit. But nothing for a game $20 and under. She thought this was what I was talking about and that was that. I emailed the OP about it, but still no reply. :(

you needed to give her lan and the $19.99 and under game to be rung up together and it should have worked. You could return game and coupon and rebuy with the game you wanted.
[quote name='JoeX111']I tried this at the Lemoore, CA. Kmart near where I work and only got half the deal. The lady behind the counter told me she didn't know anything about a free game offer and said I'd probably get a coupon after I paid. And I did. The promised $20 gamer credit. But nothing for a game $20 and under. She thought this was what I was talking about and that was that. I emailed the OP about it, but still no reply. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='JoeX111']I tried this at the Lemoore, CA. Kmart near where I work and only got half the deal. The lady behind the counter told me she didn't know anything about a free game offer and said I'd probably get a coupon after I paid. And I did. The promised $20 gamer credit. But nothing for a game $20 and under. She thought this was what I was talking about and that was that. I emailed the OP about it, but still no reply. :([/QUOTE]
I will be able to help. I have not had a chance to catch up on email today. I'll be working tonight to catch up with everyone. Thank you for your patience.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I understand where you're coming from... but it's not like Josh didn't know this was going to be a blockbuster hit, so plenty of copies should have been made available to each and every store.

On top of that, people had been reporting early on that they had been having problems getting the deal because employees hadn't been aware of it, so assuming that if I gave them a couple more days, then maybe they could work out the kinks.[/QUOTE]
We bought a great deal of LA Noire, it is actually over 96% instock as of this morning even with this crazy deal. All stores were communicated to about the offer however we did have a fruitful dialogue with the operations team today and I hope we can make future promotions smoother.

I tried the LA Noire deal at the Sayre(PA) Kmart and I was told by Tammy in electronics that 'the game didn't come in on the truck for either PS3 or 360'.:roll:

Mind you, they also didn't have ANY games marked $19.99 out for the PS3, so chances are I wouldn't have completed the transaction anyway since I'm looking for specific titles(Socom bundle, Oblivion GOTY).

[quote name='pedigoa']I'm new to CAG and Kmartgamer, but from the many stories of success and failure I've read on this thread it seems the biggest mistake people make is to ask about the deal rather than just buy the items. From my understanding, there's no reason even to bring up the deal with employees. Just say you'd like to buy L.A. Noire plus your other game and everything should work out. Obviously it doesn't always work out (coupons not printing, etc.), but that's Josh's domain; fixing problems like those after the fact.[/QUOTE]

Well said. If the employees don't know about the deal, it just causes confusion and the thinking that you are trying to rip them off. Just let the register do the work. Its different if they are denying use of coupons or they throw away a coupon that printed out (both of which happen). For deals like this though if no problems come up before the purchase, don't bring it up at all.

I stopped at my store to see what the situation was. They had plain as day in front of LA Noire, a little sale tag saying "buy this and get a coupon + game" - so there shouldn't be any issue when I stop there later tonight or tomorrow. Good stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I tried the LA Noire deal at the Sayre(PA) Kmart and I was told by Tammy in electronics that 'the game didn't come in on the truck for either PS3 or 360'.:roll:

Mind you, they also didn't have ANY games marked $19.99 out for the PS3, so chances are I wouldn't have completed the transaction anyway since I'm looking for specific titles(Socom bundle, Oblivion GOTY).[/QUOTE]

Wow, someone who's on this site as much as you should know better than to take "the truck didn't come yet" and the prices items are stickered at vs the prices given in this thread.

You really are a troll. I understand why people get annoyed by your posts. Ignored.

[quote name='rawrker']Well said. If the employees don't know about the deal, it just causes confusion and the thinking that you are trying to rip them off. Just let the register do the work. Its different if they are denying use of coupons or they throw away a coupon that printed out (both of which happen). For deals like this though if no problems come up before the purchase, don't bring it up at all.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! What I usually do is let employees proceed with scanning an item, and then ask halfway through if whatever deal is showing up. I've gotten response before saying no it's not going to work or some other excuse, but once they look at the monitor they go OH...actually it is on sale. I find this to be the best method to avoid any issues.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We bought a great deal of LA Noire, it is actually over 96% instock as of this morning even with this crazy deal. All stores were communicated to about the offer however we did have a fruitful dialogue with the operations team today and I hope we can make future promotions smoother.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I must have had really bad luck yesterday with three of my nearby Kmarts all in that unlucky 4%. However, since I was able to get the deal today w/ an extra $10 off, I wont complain too much.

But to those getting on skatera's case, I think it's undeserved. I dont think it's usual for a major retailer to be sold out of a high profile game the week of release. Usually, they are swamped with copies (hence why we see markdowns so soon after launch). I certainly didnt expect to find them sold out on Thursday.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I tried the LA Noire deal at the Sayre(PA) Kmart and I was told by Tammy in electronics that 'the game didn't come in on the truck for either PS3 or 360'.:roll:

Mind you, they also didn't have ANY games marked $19.99 out for the PS3, so chances are I wouldn't have completed the transaction anyway since I'm looking for specific titles(Socom bundle, Oblivion GOTY).[/QUOTE]

Come on bro!!!

I know you didn't buy the whole "it didn't come in the truck" story. I just don't see a proactive deal hunter such as yourself taking that so easily.

BTW, most kmarts haven't marked down their games. Just look at the list and know which one you want before getting there. It will RING up as the appropriate discounted price.

People still talk about the deals with the employees? Why? If it doesn't work, Josh will fix it. Stop wasting your time trying to argue with the employees. If you worked there and didn't hear about any deals and someone told you they were supposed to get a free game, would you just take their word for it?

I especially don't understand people bringing it up before they even start the checking out process.

Got the L.A. Noire deal today, went just fine. My Kmart currently has a great batch of employees (and I'm trying to get hired myself) so it's generally a pleasure to go there. My only regret is the $20 pickings were very scarce. I ended up walking out with Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga as a last resort.

I've rang up this deal twice this week, one person called ahead and asked if I knew about it, and the other person today walked in and asked me first thing. I think part of the reason is that some people believe its too good to be true.... a blessing and a curse

[quote name='martinez91']I've rang up this deal twice this week, one person called ahead and asked if I knew about it, and the other person today walked in and asked me first thing. I think part of the reason is that some people believe its too good to be true.... a blessing and a curse[/QUOTE]
So true :)

Agreed about the letting the register do the work. When I managed electronics at the Kmart I was at, I made an effort to keep up on these types of deals, and made sure my staff knew about them too. However, I was likely the exception to the rule unfortunately. Too many Kmarts out there with clueless middle aged women running the electronics department, or with dumb people who don't care or are opposed to gaming.

Went to the Kmart on 34 street and had a smooth transaction, got the $20 coupon & spiderman: web of shadows as it's the only game that looked good, too bad they didn't have x-men origins wolverine. Thanx Josh You Rock!!!

It would really help if we had just some type of pre order system. That said I'm sorry you were let down again, if there is anything I can do to help please shoot me a note and I'll do my best.

Really there should not be too much of a stock issue out there, truly my 96% number as of opening today is accurate. It is possible that throughout the day this number has decreased but it should still be ok.

[quote name='TraBuch']Does anyone see LA Noire going on sale for $39.99 anytime soon like it did with Mortal Kombat? I'm tempted to buy the game, but I already have every game that I want that costs $19.99 or under.[/QUOTE]
I do not see this happening, I would be shocked. 44.99 at the most and not until middle of June when MAP expires. Just my opinion.

[quote name='preston181']Agreed about the letting the register do the work. When I managed electronics at the Kmart I was at, I made an effort to keep up on these types of deals, and made sure my staff knew about them too. However, I was likely the exception to the rule unfortunately. Too many Kmarts out there with clueless middle aged women running the electronics department, or with dumb people who don't care or are opposed to gaming.[/QUOTE]
Come back!!!!

[quote name='sageridder']Josh I know it's a long way off but I just watched the demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning hope you show that title some love when it comes out looks pretty sweet.
[/QUOTE]
I don't know much about it actually!

[quote name='Joartrak']Maybe email the blog every time one is posted to each store to be posted in electronics?[/QUOTE]
Each deal is sent to the stores but it is more of an internal email

Planning on getting a wii soon especially with the mario kart bundle out now. Is there any uncoming deals this or next month that I should wait for, or is it safe to get a wii now without worrying in missing out on much?

[quote name='jer7583']Wow, someone who's on this site as much as you should know better than to take "the truck didn't come yet" and the prices items are stickered at vs the prices given in this thread.

You really are a troll. I understand why people get annoyed by your posts. Ignored.[/QUOTE]
Actually I was kinda waffling on whether or not I wanted the deal at that point or not. Besides which they didn't have anything I recognized as a halfway decent $20 game(Oblivion GOTY, Socom bundle with the official Sony headset) and I didn't wanna just grab any old junk $20 title just to do the deal.

But yeah, I didn't believe the 'it didn't come on the truck' excuse and I did notice some $20 titles that were still marked $29.99 or higher. Funny thing is, the store I hit earlier today has those blue and white shelf type tags with the prices in BIG numbers on EACH game. Apparently they figure people can't read the smaller price tags.

I just was short on time for once and I didn't wanna waste time with what seemed like a typical lazy employee.
[quote name='aznhero913']Come on bro!!!

I know you didn't buy the whole "it didn't come in the truck" story. I just don't see a proactive deal hunter such as yourself taking that so easily.

BTW, most kmarts haven't marked down their games. Just look at the list and know which one you want before getting there. It will RING up as the appropriate discounted price.[/QUOTE]
As I said above and before I decided if I wanted the deal or not, I was looking for SPECIFIC titles(mentioned above) and anything less than one of those two I mentioned above and I wouldn't bother with the deal. With Oblivion GOTY I get a ton of content to keep me busy for weeks/months and with the Socom bundle I'd get the official headset I could resell to offset the initial cost I put out to get the deal today.

However, I'm still using the $20 coupon on a $20 PSN card on Sunday when I get to a Kmart if that's still allowed, as there's really no other title(s) coming out anytime soon that I may want. Now if Kmart had the Mafia II greatest hits for PS3 with all of the add on content right on the disc for $19.99, I might consider using the coupon on that and some DS styluses or something else cheap to burn up the coupon. But all I saw was the vanilla edition of that game.:cry:

[quote name='chriscolbert']Hey Josh I've been thinking about the constant problem that people report about employees and managers claiming that deals are either not valid or only good online. I know that the lead-in time for getting things mentioned in the weekly ad is pretty ridiculous, but I was wondering how close it really was to when you get a deal approved to when the corresponding ad goes to print. I'm sure it varies, but I was curious if there are ever opportunities to get them in there or if the publisher doesn't want them advertised. I mean I'm sure you would if you could since that would all but eliminate that problem, but I just didn't know if there was more to it than just not being able to get the deals approved until it's too late.[/QUOTE]
Without giving any proprietary info away let's just say that if a deal needs to be in ad it needs two month lead time, not saying that is the way it is but either way, a good amount of time.

Our deals are usually finalized within tWo weeks of launch which allows me to consistently evaluate the market and get as much data from my publishers as possible. Flexibility is king.

This is also why I put the logo for Kmartgamer in the ad as clear as possible and explicitly call out "exclusive in store offers"

Josh out of curiosity: How good is operations and resolving the issues with stores that are completely oblivious to the deals you post. Does negligence get rectified quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back