Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, perhaps an indicator of the sad state of Kmart's affairs... I thought I'd share with you that on Black Friday I ordered Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit from Kmart.com. The package arrived on Dec 2nd, but the credit card transaction never posted until today, Jan 13. So it *only* took 49 days before Kmart actually received income from Black Friday transactions. No wonder it took all year for anyone to notice that there was a fraud problem with the coupons... :roll:

anyone know when the DS2 and 2Worlds coupons will be available (assuming they do)? I'd like to get in on the ME2 and LBP2 promos but won't be able to check at a kmart until maybe Jan 31.

recent-release coupons have usually only been available until the Saturday of a release date but maybe there'll be an extension due to the "issues"?

[quote name='Altanis']That's really too bad. The answer you're looking for was discussed for a full 100 or so posts (it's probably more like 125 at least).

However, if you just LOOK IN THE FRICKING OP, Josh tells you what post to go to for more information. Sorry, but if you aren't capable of doing the smallest bit of reading, we can't help you.[/QUOTE]

The OP directs to this post:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Very important update!!!!

Due to the coupon issue, approval for the Kingdom Hearts offer has been removed and I have to not post it. I've also had to adjust the rest of my January offers which I will post today.

I hate to do this, but I recommend TRU for Kingdom Hearts Recoded due to the $15 gift card. Very solid.

I'm close on a timeline on when this issue will be fixed. Definitely working as quickly as possible on it.[/QUOTE]

How does that answer my question at all? I am not going to sift though hundred(s) of posts. I just wanted a simplified answer. Thanks anyway....

if he's already talking about a coupon issue, you should probably scroll back a few posts. You went to the first post, followed it to another post then replied here, so I think you can look a few posts back. You'd already have your answer if you would just read. It's not hard. There's shortcuts! Look for someone posting with a green username. Also, you can hit edit at the top of the screen, type "Find", type SHC-Gamer and click match case. Hit "next". It'll take you to a post of his! If you hit next, it'll find his next post! Just do that on several pages and you'll have your answer in under five minutes.. we all had to do the same thing ;)

[quote name='flameofdoom666']How does that answer my question at all? I am not going to sift though hundred(s) of posts. I just wanted a simplified answer. Thanks anyway....[/QUOTE]
Kmart's been having problems with coupon fraud. The coupon deals are rescinded for the time being.

All the idiots giving Josh crap need to slow their roll. He's the best thing to happen to CAG for quite sometime. I know some have issues, but the people who complain that they are getting screwed by coupons expiring is BS. They always clearly had dates, and you had to figure your "chain" of savings had to end at some point. Your sense of entitlement is pathetic.

Josh is a stud.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']How does that answer my question at all? I am not going to sift though hundred(s) of posts. I just wanted a simplified answer. Thanks anyway....[/QUOTE]
You asked what happened to the coupons. That post clearly says what happened to the coupons (as does the OP, but we all know that you didn't read it). If you want us to answer a different question, maybe you should ask that different question.

If you aren't going to sift through hundreds of posts, maybe this thread really isn't for you. Besides, the "hundreds of posts" you're having to read through was really TWO. That's right, TWO posts. I dunno how the math works where you are from, but where I went to school, 2 was less than 100.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']anyone know when the DS2 and 2Worlds coupons will be available (assuming they do)? I'd like to get in on the ME2 and LBP2 promos but won't be able to check at a kmart until maybe Jan 31.

recent-release coupons have usually only been available until the Saturday of a release date but maybe there'll be an extension due to the "issues"?[/QUOTE]
For the foreseeable future, there will not be any coupons. Unless something changes, you will get bonus rewards points instead. The OP clearly lists when the ME2 and LBP2 promos last, so I think you need to check that. As for DS2 and 2 Worlds, the promos as of now will last just as they always have: release week only. I don't think Josh will (or really should) extend the promotional period, simply because there's no reason to do so.

[quote name='Interfeci']Well, out of a mere technicality, he did say IT told him that, but he's not so sure about it himself. He mentioned he'd tell everyone if it's otherwise. So we'll just see once the time comes. You know, from all the complaints that people didn't get their third game discounted when they expected it to because of blah blah blah, or secret internet high fives to those that get it.[/QUOTE]

now you're starting to get really annoying.

You got an answer from AN OFFICIAL SOURCE on how it's supposed to work and now you're tossing around the idea again hoping that IT screwed up and doesn't implement it the way SHC wanted.

Let me guess, if it doesn't work and you can keep chaining 50% off games, you're gonna buy 10 of them just so you can alert kmart to the problem, right?

[quote name='Interfeci']Well, out of a mere technicality, he did say IT told him that, but he's not so sure about it himself. He mentioned he'd tell everyone if it's otherwise. So we'll just see once the time comes. You know, from all the complaints that people didn't get their third game discounted when they expected it to because of blah blah blah, or secret internet high fives to those that get it.[/QUOTE]
I swear, you just don't ever stop do you? This is like the 5th time you've posted the same thing, hoping to get the games to chain so you can get a bunch 50% off.

You wanted an official answer, since apparently CAGs can't be right, and then when you get it and it was EXACTLY what we had been telling you, you still refuse to accept it.

If you want to scam Kmart, just fricking come out and say it. People will likely hate you less because of your honesty. Now we just find you annoying because of the stupidity that you continue to show.

So...

1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Haven't posted a while and this thread moves stupidly fast now so if you've answered this already Josh sorry to re-asking. It technically says another game however I've got another friend who wants LBP 2 and I want sort of want LBP2. I was going to pass it up but if we could get two copies for 45 each I would probably be down for one. Will it work if you buy two copies of LBP2? Also I'm not asking for a third game off because that's not the intent of the deal I just want to split the price difference with my friend and save a few bucks like a coupon would.

Sucks that there is a lull in the deals for a bit, but understandable nonetheless considering circumstances.

I'll definitely be selectively choosing what games to use my gift card & coupon on. Of course the gc is good for awhile unlike the coupon which I need to use soon.

I can't wait until next wednesday to find out the launch price of the 3DS & game selection to help me strategize things better.

really sad about the Dead Space 2 deal. not because it's bad -- it's a great deal. but there just aren't any other $60 releases i want.

and i know, i know, tough shit, but still... i was so looking forward to maintaining the train.

[quote name='affa']really sad about the Dead Space 2 deal. not because it's bad -- it's a great deal.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

[quote name='Altanis']I swear, you just don't ever stop do you? This is like the 5th time you've posted the same thing, hoping to get the games to chain so you can get a bunch 50% off.

You wanted an official answer, since apparently CAGs can't be right, and then when you get it and it was EXACTLY what we had been telling you, you still refuse to accept it.

If you want to scam Kmart, just fricking come out and say it. People will likely hate you less because of your honesty. Now we just find you annoying because of the stupidity that you continue to show.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're talking about. I just repeated what Josh posted when he answered my question. I really don't see what your problem is.

I had assumed you'd receive the entire 'People will come on here to complain about not getting their discounts' well, but you just don't seem to be very amicable. I guess everything has to be black and white.

This thread now... a shadow of it's former self. It's sad to see all of this bickering between us.

I'm just happy I'm going to be getting Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 for $75. After that, who knows.

[quote name='choffy21']I'm just happy I'm going to be getting Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 for $75. After that, who knows.[/QUOTE]

$60 + $30 = $90

Unless you have some leftover coupons..

[quote name='Scorch']$60 + $30 = $90

Unless you have some leftover coupons..[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he's planning on buying Mass Effect 2 when it's $45.

[quote name='Scorch']$60 + $30 = $90

Unless you have some leftover coupons..[/QUOTE]

No there's the Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 deal, and Josh said a few pages back in a reply to me that he's pretty sure it's going to work, so, for the time being, I'm under the assumption it'll work.

@Josh
is Kmart going to be carrying Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll the day of release? because i know alot of ppl have been looking for a game to consider on getting and i know this game hasnt probably been even considered in alot of gamers minds until now once i looked at gamestop future releases. I know the game did commercially well oversea's and got some great review scores like in Famitsu so any word on that would be awesome

It's unlikely they will carry it. It sounds extremely like a niche title, which Kmart isn't keen on stocking due to how low most of them sell. Don't quote me on that, but it would seem a bit unlikely.

[quote name='Phenomic']
Haven't posted a while and this thread moves stupidly fast now so if you've answered this already Josh sorry to re-asking. It technically says another game however I've got another friend who wants LBP 2 and I want sort of want LBP2. I was going to pass it up but if we could get two copies for 45 each I would probably be down for one. Will it work if you buy two copies of LBP2? Also I'm not asking for a third game off because that's not the intent of the deal I just want to split the price difference with my friend and save a few bucks like a coupon would.[/QUOTE]

No reason i can see why it wouldnt work. You are still following the rules of the promo in buying LBP2 and getting "Another 59.99 game".

[quote name='Phenomic']So...

1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Haven't posted a while and this thread moves stupidly fast now so if you've answered this already Josh sorry to re-asking. It technically says another game however I've got another friend who wants LBP 2 and I want sort of want LBP2. I was going to pass it up but if we could get two copies for 45 each I would probably be down for one. Will it work if you buy two copies of LBP2? Also I'm not asking for a third game off because that's not the intent of the deal I just want to split the price difference with my friend and save a few bucks like a coupon would.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure Josh said it was good, although I don't really remember if he addressed the buying 2 copies of the same game thing. At the very least, I don't see why it wouldn't work. The way the deal works is buy ME2 or LBP2, and get a $59.99 game half off. If that other $59.99 game is LBP2, that's still within the realm of the promo.

Also, if you're going to the Tallahassee Kmart, I wish you luck. Last time I was there I got treated like a scammer because I was using 3 coupons (oh no!) to buy Epic Mickey. I hope you don't get anyone worthless there. Good luck! :) Oh, and if you find some decent deals, let me know. I'll likely be there next Thursday anyway, but knowing of anything decent ahead of time helps.

(Somehow I missed this earlier, my bad).

[quote name='blueweltall']When is Mass Effect 2 going on sale for $45?[/QUOTE]
as kindly as possible...this had been addressed already so please if you will kindly just search this thread by doing a search in the search bar, you will find your answer

Just wondering, will Kmart carry either the LBP2 CE or the Dead Space 2 CE? Is there some way to check if my Kmart will stock those items if they will?

EDIT : Nevermind, found SHC-stockboy's contact in the OP.

[quote name='n1c0']Just wondering, will Kmart carry either the LBP2 CE or the Dead Space 2 CE? Is there some way to check if my Kmart will stock those items if they will?

EDIT : Nevermind, found SHC-stockboy's contact in the OP.[/QUOTE]
in order to save stock boy a message, theres like 800 LBP2 ce's mostly distributed in the east according to Io. and stockboy said they had not been allocated and DS2 ce's and at this point it'd be unlikely

Ah. Well I'm in the west coast, and just noticed how the 50% off only applies to games of 59.99, so it probably wouldn't have worked anyways. It would have been nice if I could get the two for around 132 after everything as oppose to 176 if I go with Gamestop or BestBuy.

Thanks anyways.

sad that coupons are on hold for awhile. so i used my $10 off coupon on a ps3 move shooting attachment and i ordered lbp2 collector from amazon. holding off on mvsc3 and l.a. noire til we hear more.

Sigh, I hate to bring this up, but how the flack you buy a $45 game and get a $60 for $30... It's all against common logic, I know ME2 is the trigger of the deal, but what the flack?!?! Stop confusing people who don't keep up with all of the posts. For people who have no idea ME2 is going to be $45 in a latter promotion (not in OP), "$70 for two and I'm happy as a turtle in a pond" posts don't help anyone.

[quote name='Serpentor']Sigh, I hate to bring this up, but how the flack you buy a $45 game and get a $60 for $30... It's all against common logic, I know ME2 is the trigger of the deal, but what the flack?!?! Stop confusing people who don't keep up with all of the posts. For people who have no idea ME2 is going to be $45 in a latter promotion (not in OP), "$70 for two and I'm happy as a turtle in a pond" posts don't help anyone.[/QUOTE]

The posts help when the people who don't keep up with all of the posts then realize that ME2 will be $45 in a couple weeks. And then when they wisely look at SHC Gamer's previous posts and realize that buying it at $45 should still trigger the 50% off promotion, they'll have learned something.

Or they could just make rambling posts of "what the flack?!?!"

[quote name='confoosious']now you're starting to get really annoying.

You got an answer from AN OFFICIAL SOURCE on how it's supposed to work and now you're tossing around the idea again hoping that IT screwed up and doesn't implement it the way SHC wanted.

Let me guess, if it doesn't work and you can keep chaining 50% off games, you're gonna buy 10 of them just so you can alert kmart to the problem, right?[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:

[quote name='Altanis']I swear, you just don't ever stop do you? This is like the 5th time you've posted the same thing, hoping to get the games to chain so you can get a bunch 50% off.

If you want to scam Kmart, just fricking come out and say it. People will likely hate you less because of your honesty. Now we just find you annoying because of the stupidity that you continue to show.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:

[quote name='Interfeci']I have no idea what you're talking about. I just repeated what Josh posted when he answered my question. I really don't see what your problem is.

I had assumed you'd receive the entire 'People will come on here to complain about not getting their discounts' well, but you just don't seem to be very amicable. I guess everything has to be black and white.[/QUOTE]
InterFeci,

Are you for real? Please stop playing stupid.
You said "Well, out of a mere technicality, he did say IT told him that, but he's not so sure about it himself."

This is as official as it can get. Josh asked the fcking IT people.
Who the Fck knows more how the register will discount the games than the fcking IT department?

For instance:
Lets say Josh made a promotion for buy 1 and get 5 free games, but the IT people programmed the registers to buy 1 get 1 free game. Even if the IT people screwed up.
What will happen in the stores when you bring 6 games to the cashier?
It doesn't matter if Josh was right or not.....at the register, you be charged $60 + 1 free + $60 + $60 + 60 + $60 = $300.

Interfeci, you want an official answer and you got it....and it happens to match exactly what other CAGs told you. Please move on.

[quote name='salty tbone']The posts help when the people who don't keep up with all of the posts then realize that ME2 will be $45 in a couple weeks. And then when they wisely look at SHC Gamer's previous posts and realize that buying it at $45 should still trigger the 50% off promotion, they'll have learned something.

Or they could just make rambling posts of "what the flack?!?!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the "$70 for two" post only triggers more responses which are helpful, but still what the flack? A $45 game starts a $60 for $30 promotion is still mind boggling, no wonder there are questions like $60 then $30, $30, $30... I was wondering where the flack those "naive" ideas were coming from, so now I know. Seriously, besides the loyal post trackers and the secret high fives, this thread for JANUARY is a clusterfuck.

[quote name='Altanis']It's unlikely they will carry it. It sounds extremely like a niche title, which Kmart isn't keen on stocking due to how low most of them sell. Don't quote me on that, but it would seem a bit unlikely.[/QUOTE]
Confirmed; unfortunately we will note be carrying it.

Side note: I've been able to get back to everyone via email sans about two people that I don't know the answer yet to their questions. Just a quick update for anyone that reached out to me.

[quote name='Readthepost']Interfeci, you want an official answer and you got it....and it happens to match exactly what other CAGs told you. Please move on.[/QUOTE]

I have moved on. I just repeated what he said, answering another person's question like the rest of you. I don't really see where this problem is. Seriously, I don't. Here's a quote instead of my words.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The way the deal is set up, it will only allow one item as the trigger from what I'm told. So you if you bought ME2 you would get $30 off LBP2 but you wouldn't be able to get another game at $30 off. I'm not a 100% on it just because I haven't built this type of promo before and I definitely don't do the IT work but that's what I'm being told. If I find out different I'll definitely let everyone know.[/QUOTE]

This is what he said. I now have no opinion on it, because my opinion is a so dense that it's only going to make you guys post that I don't want to accept it. And those posts are just cluttering the thread as much as my own, if not more, due to being a bit hostile.

As soft as it sounds, I'm hoping that despite some of the well framed arguments that have occured on the thread and even the uglier ones, that it would be possible to dial back a bit on the heated nature of some of the talks. I know things have been pretty crazy through the holiday and the issues we are experiencing now, but given time I think everything will work out as it should and we'll have a tighter ship this year than last that will foster more discussions and critiques on the deals and games themselves.

Anyway, just my two cents. I know I've posted my fair share of angry posts as well and my New Year CAG resolution is to first take a few breaths before responding :)

I'll have to use up a $20 coupon this weekend (expires the 29th but will be busy). most likely will pick up a $20 psn card which will make it cost nothing out of pocket right? also last time I went to this kmart, the guy was telling another customer the coupons can only be used on software (they were buying some wii accessory)

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I'll have to use up a $20 coupon this weekend (expires the 29th but will be busy). most likely will pick up a $20 psn card which will make it cost nothing out of pocket right? also last time I went to this kmart, the guy was telling another customer the coupons can only be used on software (they were buying some wii accessory)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should cost nothing out of pocket, as the PSN cards are not taxable, as your purchase on the playstation store will be taxed, so it won't be taxed twice.

And unless it's a region thing, or just an employee misspoke, I've had to use a coupon on a PSN card as well also because I went out of town and it worked fine, so as long as nothing has changed, it should work.

just happy to even get any type of deal on lbp 2 and mass effect 2, gonna have to be there at opening just to nab me one of those CE, thanks again josh for everything, many other companies wouldn't have given us anything after hearing about the coupon debacle. and i think alot of people are forgetting that. everyone wants coupons but hey something is something for now :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']As soft as it sounds, I'm hoping that despite some of the well framed arguments that have occured on the thread and even the uglier ones, that it would be possible to dial back a bit on the heated nature of some of the talks. I know things have been pretty crazy through the holiday and the issues we are experiencing now, but given time I think everything will work out as it should and we'll have a tighter ship this year than last that will foster more discussions and critiques on the deals and games themselves.

Anyway, just my two cents. I know I've posted my fair share of angry posts as well and my New Year CAG resolution is to first take a few breaths before responding :)[/QUOTE]

I agree - I know I got annoyed at the "buy 1 get 3 more for half price" guy but in general people need to stop flipping out at people who just ask simple questions.

I think some of us were annoyed with him because he took what should be, to anyone with common sense, a very absurd request and keeps going back and forth over it for 4 pages.

Josh, if you don't mind my asking, how did your meeting with Sony go yesterday? Obviously you don't have to provide details or anything like that, but was it overall positive? :D Or negative? :cry:

Also, can I assume that you have something in the works for the 3DS? I have a $100 Sears gift card that was born for such a purchase... :cool:

[quote name='jer7583']I agree - I know I got annoyed at the "buy 1 get 3 more for half price" guy but in general people need to stop flipping out at people who just ask simple questions.

I think some of us were annoyed with him because he took what should be, to anyone with common sense, a very absurd request and keeps going back and forth over it for 4 pages.[/QUOTE]

It did go on forever, but I've had animosity towards most responses directed at me. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Anyone should feel free to contact a mod to remove all that clutter.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']As soft as it sounds, I'm hoping that despite some of the well framed arguments that have occured on the thread and even the uglier ones, that it would be possible to dial back a bit on the heated nature of some of the talks. I know things have been pretty crazy through the holiday and the issues we are experiencing now, but given time I think everything will work out as it should and we'll have a tighter ship this year than last that will foster more discussions and critiques on the deals and games themselves.

Anyway, just my two cents. I know I've posted my fair share of angry posts as well and my New Year CAG resolution is to first take a few breaths before responding :)[/QUOTE]

Josh - you can do your part by making sure the OP is always up to date. If you need someone to help you maintain the SP (second post), I volunteer someone else.

But seriously, if you could have the first couple of posts up to date and full of FAQs, you could get rid of a lot of the stupidity and bickering in this thread.

[quote name='Tgebbs']So the ME2 for $44.99 deal starts the 30th? My coupon expires the 29th :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

I would like to know for this deal also. I wasn't going to pick up ME2, as I have it for pc, but at this price, why not.

I still have a 25$ gc burning a hole in my pocket, that I wanted to use way back on their SC2 deal (but I drove 45 mins only to be denied by the store).

Anyways, (ME2*45*+DS2*30*)-$25+tax= a happy cheap bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back