Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to try to order AC through mygofer.com but I don't think it's going to end up well...lol. Going to use my SYWR points towards NFS in store so I'll end up $6 ahead if everything works out.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, given the silence on the subject of the ad-sets, they must be true and SHC is seeking a greenlight to post the deals officially. He won't get it and I think I'd rather wait the two days before posting so we have the full details.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing. He's not saying they are correct which would be the case if he had authorization. He's also not denying them, which would be the case if they were not true.

[quote name='animalspinners']Thanks for the heads up on this.[/QUOTE]

My question is if you can in any way use the two gaming coupons both towards towards each other (the ACB and NFS HP) in the same day... possibly diff transaction... diff TRU... Im just saying I dont usually shop at toysrus so i probably wouldnt use the gaming coupon cause I dont really want another game until Brink.

Any ideas? I also want sly collection btw ... idk if by having a third game you could do it easier or something. lol fuck idk

DAMN, totally regret not picking up the last copy of Fable 3 LE last week at my Kmart for $55+tax when I got Black Ops. I had no interest in the game until I played my girlfriend's copy I got her and absolutely love it, blarghh! XP

I heard somewhere (don't really know if it's true) that if I use the SYWR card on games with coupon offers, that the coupons would not print and instead would be converted to points. Is this true, or have I heard wrong? :dunce:
A little paranoid here, because I plan on looking for Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit tomorrow, and I want that $25 coupon. =P~

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I heard somewhere (don't really know if it's true) that if I use the SYWR card on games with coupon offers, that the coupons would not print and instead would be converted to points. Is this true, or have I heard wrong? :dunce:
A little paranoid here, because I plan on looking for Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit tomorrow, and I want that $25 coupon. =P~[/QUOTE]

Coupon WILL print. Just sometimes they have promotions where it is points instead of coupons.

Random question. Will all stores have the Epic Mickey CE? I want to use the coupon from the EM box and I only want the CE

[quote name='Killbomb']Going to try to order AC through mygofer.com but I don't think it's going to end up well...lol. Going to use my SYWR points towards NFS in store so I'll end up $6 ahead if everything works out.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'll volunteer as a guinea pig here and find what the results will turn out to be tomorrow. Of course if it's turns out ugly or good, I'll e-mail Josh.

Took about 45 minutes of looking, but my friendly associate found me a copy of the Sly Collection in the back. That UPC code was a lifesaver. I'm bringing one of those in every time.

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']Took about 45 minutes of looking, but my friendly associate found me a copy of the Sly Collection in the back. That UPC code was a lifesaver. I'm bringing one of those in every time.[/QUOTE]
Can you post it forme...for Sly?

[quote name='Jodou']You know when someone has you in their pocket when you contemplate buying games simply because of a coupon. You're a better CAG than this![/QUOTE]

well, at that price I can get it and probably beat it and then sell it for more than I paid (factoring in the coupon which I will use on DAO Ultimate on Thanksgiving day, hopefully). I've already done that with Enslaved and Vanquish ;). While I tend not to jump on new releases since I have so much other stuff to play, why not do it with these deals? I just need to play them ASAP instead of putting them in The Pile.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I wonder if anyone else voices my concern.

After GT5 and Epic Mickey we are all going to be stuck with 45 day coupons that have a window with basically junk coming out. The next big release can be cited as Dead Space 2 (OR LBP 2 if it makes date) in which case both the coupons from EM and GT5 will have expired.

It kind of sucks. I don't want to have have to buy something i don't really want then "buy back in" at full price to get back into the gaming coupon savings run...[/QUOTE]

Well, as others have said, you can get MS points or PSN cards. And I'm sure Josh will have various $15-$25 off deals in December that you can use them on. Those will be hit or miss, of course, depending on whether you already have or even want the games he discounts. But there's likely to be something to spend those 2 coupons on.

[quote name='io']well, at that price I can get it and probably beat it and then sell it for more than I paid (factoring in the coupon which I will use on DAO Ultimate on Thanksgiving day, hopefully). I've already done that with Enslaved and Vanquish ;). While I tend not to jump on new releases since I have so much other stuff to play, why not do it with these deals? I just need to play them ASAP instead of putting them in The Pile.

Well, as others have said, you can get MS points or PSN cards. And I'm sure Josh will have various $15-$25 off deals in December that you can use them on. Those will be hit or miss, of course, depending on whether you already have or even want the games he discounts. But there's likely to be something to spend those 2 coupons on.[/QUOTE]

I don't want mega discounts on future 20/30 dollar games. Some of them have been decent at 39.99 sure..i want to keep my gaming coupons rolling so I have a reason to pick up new releases constantly. If I get a "mega" deal at one and get out of the new release game, then i will have an impossible time paying the tax + full price again to get back into the gaming coupon game.

I can't be the only one to think like this can I?

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Can you post it forme...for Sly?[/QUOTE]

Here's what stock boy posted on an older thread.

Sly Cooper - This should be in all stores by now (at least according to what the stores have scanned in confirming they received it). If it helps here is the UPC 711719824626. I think stores might think it comes out Tuesday since they received it Friday which is the date they almost always receive the Tuesday new releases. Good luck.

[quote name='Pites']Is there any chance that we will be able to use the Donkey Kong Country Returns coupons on black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

I kinda wish the coupons would go active on Thanksgiving, but since DK is the 21st and Thanksgiving / BF is the 25th / 26th, there is no chance of it happening.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I don't want mega discounts on future 20/30 dollar games. Some of them have been decent at 39.99 sure..i want to keep my gaming coupons rolling so I have a reason to pick up new releases constantly. If I get a "mega" deal at one and get out of the new release game, then i will have an impossible time paying the tax + full price again to get back into the gaming coupon game.

I can't be the only one to think like this can I?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure everyone wants to keep the coupons going, but I doubt it's going to happen.

For K-Mart, this is a chance to wipe the slate clean and make sure no one has any gaming coupons left in order to maximize profits at the start of 2011. Everyone will need to "buy back in" to the coupon train with a full price game. It gives K-Mart some breathing room since everyone isn't grabbing $20 - $30 games due to combining all the various coupons and probably allows Josh a better idea of how to plan the discounts since he'll know exactly what coupons are out there at any given time.

Maybe he'll throw us some coupons in December for older games.. I'd be surprised. Maybe he'll throw a huge coupon on something like Dead Space 2 to convince people to jump back on. Who knows.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I don't want mega discounts on future 20/30 dollar games. Some of them have been decent at 39.99 sure..i want to keep my gaming coupons rolling so I have a reason to pick up new releases constantly. If I get a "mega" deal at one and get out of the new release game, then i will have an impossible time paying the tax + full price again to get back into the gaming coupon game.

I can't be the only one to think like this can I?[/QUOTE]

I agree that it sucks but there's nobody really to blame except the publishers for releasing everything at once and leaving basically nothing for December/January. I personally don't mind paying $60 to start another coupon train as long as I know the deals will keep coming. I'll just be happy to have a new game to buy after such a long drought.

[quote name='nbballard']Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood CE is now $90 at Amazon. Is that a drop in MSRP? Is K-mart going to match it?[/QUOTE]

No drop in MSRP, just Amazon trying to compete. Kmart is still giving you $20 off coupon whereas Amazon is just giving you the exclusive armor.

What exactly is the gaming coupon that is offered with Sly Cooper and many of these other games? Is it basically a gift card for any game (do peripherals count?) at the store? Does it expire, or do we have to use it on the same day?

[quote name='Killbomb']I agree that it sucks but there's nobody really to blame except the publishers for releasing everything at once and leaving basically nothing for December/January. I personally don't mind paying $60 to start another coupon train as long as I know the deals will keep coming. I'll just be happy to have a new game to buy after such a long drought.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly - the problem is that there are simply no big game releases after the first week of December. I'm going to "cash out" with whatever deals Josh comes up with in December and then get back on the train next Spring or Summer or whenever it makes sense to do so. Hopefully the coupons will come rolling out on a weekly basis once the 2011 releases pick up steam.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I heard somewhere (don't really know if it's true) that if I use the SYWR card on games with coupon offers, that the coupons would not print and instead would be converted to points. Is this true, or have I heard wrong? :dunce:
A little paranoid here, because I plan on looking for Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit tomorrow, and I want that $25 coupon. =P~[/QUOTE]

Somebody already responded that this isn't the case, but I wanted to follow up with a little more detail. What you probably heard about is that if you use the SYWR card, the clerk MAY have the option available to send your receipt and coupon to your email instead of printing them. Josh (SHC-Gamer) told us NOT to use this option, because store management might disallow using home-printed versions of the coupons.

Josh did say he has an offer lined up here around the 28th of November. Not sure how long that deal will be for or when those coupons will be active/expire. Similar to the $15 Coupons from EM and the FNV coasters. Lets hope for some juicy details real soon :D

I've tried calling my local K-mart twice now, even talking to the department manager, and they were useless idiots.

Does anyone know if the $15 gaming coupon is for Sonic Colors on DS, or is it just the Wii version?

[quote name='folkie_1']I've tried calling my local K-mart twice now, even talking to the department manager, and they were useless idiots.

Does anyone know if the $15 gaming coupon is for Sonic Colors on DS, or is it just the Wii version?[/QUOTE]
Did you try reading the OP?

[quote name='io']Yeah, exactly - the problem is that there are simply no big game releases after the first week of December. I'm going to "cash out" with whatever deals Josh comes up with in December and then get back on the train next Spring or Summer or whenever it makes sense to do so. Hopefully the coupons will come rolling out on a weekly basis once the 2011 releases pick up steam.[/QUOTE]

I think a pretty cool option to consider would be this :

Instead of making a 59.99 recent release to 39.99 with no game coupon, perhaps an idea would be make the game 49.99 with a 10 dollar coupon so it extends the coupon date and keeps customers coming back.

My kmart - West Babylon - as of Sunday had 2 Xbox 360 and 1 PS3 copy of that big box Prestige ed. for $149.

If you jump aboard a train you have to be prepared for the ride to end. There are plenty of $30 games to be had with a $20 coupon or some $20 games to be had with a $15 coupon. (At least at my Kmart which is stocked with stuff). I already planned - before buying Enslaved - to get Star Ocean whenever I run out of new stuff to buy, which I think will be after Epic Mickey.

Wish I had known about the 2 $10 coupons for DK, I pre-orded it at GS. Not b/c I wanted too, but b/c they were willing to give me $20 for the Enslaved Amazon/NorAm returned. So I traded in some old junk (Wall-E, Madagascar:E2A, Sonic Racing) for another $29 to make up the difference.

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']Here's what stock boy posted on an older thread.

Sly Cooper - This should be in all stores by now (at least according to what the stores have scanned in confirming they received it). If it helps here is the UPC 711719824626. I think stores might think it comes out Tuesday since they received it Friday which is the date they almost always receive the Tuesday new releases. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

This is most likely what's happening. The shipment comes in and they lock it up in the back since Tuesday tends to be the normal release date for most games.

And let's face it, the display cases are currently bursting at the seams from all the new releases. It's easier to just leave it in the back until someone asks for it.

When I went in yesterday for uDraw and a game, only one of the three workers knew where to get it. Needed to go back at night to exchange the game , since the disc was sliding around loose inside its case. All of the uDraw stuff was still in the back. I had to wait a bit until someone was able to find it and unlock it from the backroom storage

The positive is that the associates are providing better customer service. They now ask if I need help and apologize when there are delays or problems. Much better than the days when they would see you and turn away from you or just flatout ignore you.

Also, has anyone else seen a cellphone kiosk pop up in electronics. This one store got one for Verizon/Sprint. According to the workers, regular Kmart employees arein charge of overseeing cellphones. If anything, there might always be someone in electronics from now on.

[quote name='Altanis']It's TWO $10 coupons.

The only question mark here is whether they are the same bar code or different.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.

You would think they would be the same so they can't stack. Otherwise why print two unique codes when you can just print one $20 coupon.

That's how K-Mart gets ya, keep you coming back for more.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Well now I know where all the black ops patches from k mart went in my area that were "Never received to handout"

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/vgm/2062535935.html[/QUOTE]
That jackass needs fired!

Try to get his email address or phone number and name and send it to josh. :D
[quote name='MasterX']Reposted the Black Friday ad leak, I hope they confirm it asap but I know its 100% good :p I got the info from work.[/QUOTE]

You can stop tooting your own horn anytime now. It's getting annoying, and frankly it makes you look like a jackass.

also when I went to get Sly Collection, first kmart the guy didn't know and said he had no way to check inventory. The other kmart didn't have it on display and didn't bother asking since the workers they are bitchy.

so i just looked and found this on the rewards site regarding those of us without cards yet:

"If you didn't bring your membership card, no worries! Just tell the Associate your phone number or email address, and they'll look up your account, and then ask you to enter your Shop Your Way Rewards PIN on the key pad to redeem your points."

i dont know why everyone is saying you cannot redeem points without a card?

So I decided that i'm going to wait on AC:B CE, they just announced a new one for next year, so i'm probably going to finish AC2 then worry about Brotherhood.

So it looks like i'll be getting the Mickey CE after all, hope it'll be an awesome game!

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I was wondering the same thing.

You would think they would be the same so they can't stack. Otherwise why print two unique codes when you can just print one $20 coupon.

That's how K-Mart gets ya, keep you coming back for more.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is only allowing a $10 giftcard to be given with this game because of the MAP agreement. Josh has been great enough to split it up into 2 $10 coupons to get around the agreement. It's possible they could be the same, hope Josh can confirm this soon.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I was wondering the same thing.

That's how K-Mart gets ya, keep you coming back for more.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is only allowing a $10 gift-card to be given with this game because of the MAP agreement. Josh has been great enough to split it up into 2 $10 coupons to get around the agreement. It's possible they could be different, hope Josh can confirm this soon.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Nintendo is only allowing a $10 gift-card to be given with this game because of the MAP agreement. Josh has been great enough to split it up into 2 $10 coupons to get around the agreement. It's possible they could be different, hope Josh can confirm this soon.[/QUOTE]

What MAP Agreement?, & What does it stand for

[quote name='41down']so i just looked and found this on the rewards site regarding those of us without cards yet:

i dont know why everyone is saying you cannot redeem points without a card?[/QUOTE]

Because until just within the last few days, the entire PIN thing didnt exist. I believe it was part of the revamp of the website as there was never any mention of a PIN on the website prior to it.

[quote name='kitm9891']Because until just within the last few days, the entire PIN thing didnt exist. I believe it was part of the revamp of the website as there was never any mention of a PIN on the website prior to it.[/QUOTE]

oh i see...heres hoping it goes okay tomorrow when i pick up nba jam with my 50,000 points from black ops...

[quote name='nbballard']Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood CE is now $90 at Amazon. Is that a drop in MSRP? Is K-mart going to match it?[/QUOTE]

Amazon is matching Kmart's 10% off deal through mygofer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back