Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryan_gf']Sucks that I have 25,000 some SYWR and 40 dollars worth of coupons still but I'm not going to give my business to some place so incredibly disrespectful to their customers. Already trashed my card and coupons.[/QUOTE]

Bullshit

[quote name='Ryan_gf']You're guys ignorance is making my head spin.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Just got back from what was without a doubt the worst retail experience I have EVER had. Went into K-Mart to pick up a copy of NFS:HP. I had called before going to to verify that they had the game in stock and was assured they had many copies available. Went in, checked the games case, nothing. So then I had to spend 15 minutes finding a sales floor worker to help me. All they did was page someone else. Waited ANOTHER 15 minutes. Finally someone came up to the electronics counter to help me. Told them I was looking for a game that had just been released on Tuesday that wasn't in the case, and had been told roughly an hour before it was in stock. He went off into the back, was gone roughly 5 minutes. Upon returning he told me that they had not received any games on their current truck and would not be receiving another truck until later in the week and I should check back sometimes next week. I told him that all new game releases are delivered via UPS, and I was asked to leave the store! The guy said I had no right to tell him how things are done around "his" store when I don't even work there. I told him that I wasn't trying to be an ***hole, but that I knew for a fact that all new game releases are delivered via UPS and that they are NOT in their truck freight. I was then told to leave the store and never come back. Needless to say I'm NEVER going to be purchasing anything, games or otherwise, from K-Mart and will be telling every single person who will listen to me to do the same. What a joke.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the reason why I asked earlier "What do you do when an employee says there is no game and Stock Boy tell us that they definitely received them?"

I have had both employees and managers tell me that the game is not in the store/back.

I don't want to push them to check harder and get kicked out or ban.

[quote name='D0RC']Anyone have a picture of a gaming coupon so I know what to expect when I shop there for the first time Friday? Thankies.[/QUOTE]

it's a receipt.

[quote name='D0RC']Anyone have a picture of a gaming coupon so I know what to expect when I shop there for the first time Friday? Thankies.[/QUOTE]

It prints on receipt paper and will come out of the register on a seperate piece of paper immediately after your receipt does, so make sure you get it.

No one should be posting pics of coupons so as to avoid illegal/ coupon duplicating situations.

They look just like a reciept.

A lot of people make themselves out to be bigger victims in their own head because they don't understand how things work. Everybody in retail is always held accountable by somebody else. The only exception I've ever seen is when multiple store executives or the reigning store manager put their foot down but that's because they're in a position to make that decision rather than a non-executive level associate. Just because somebody refuses their name, doesn't wear a name badge or pretends to be somebody else doesn't mean they won't be held accountable. In fact that's what all the cameras are there for.

Security/LP pull double duty, usually under direction of either the department manager or a higher level executive in order to provide a higher level of customer service. I've pulled and reviewed countless amounts of video at the request of executives when they investigate complaints, there are also executives who can view live video from any store they want if they so choose. In theory when Josh hops on the phone, he might even be watching what's transpiring which is what you may not even have a clue about. He's not just firing warning shots across their bow so to speak, him, like any other executive has made enough connections to walk into an Security/LP office and chill out while they watch some live TV.

[quote name='Readthepost']This is exactly the reason why I asked earlier "What do you do when an employee says there is no game and Stock Boy tell us that they definitely received them?"

I have had both employees and managers tell me that the game is not in the store/back.

I don't want to push them to check harder and get kicked out or ban.[/QUOTE]

Its frustrating for sure. Had that happen to me since Tue with Apache. Keep your cool and let Josh know about it. If you're intent on buying it at Kmart its more than likely he will work it out for you somehow because he is that good. Or if you 100% want to have them on release day you may just need to buy them elsewhere.

jeez that is worst than that time i told that my coupon was not good at their store with a tone like im a fraud ....( never been back to that store) but i still shop at another kmart for my games

[quote name='animalspinners']Is there anything you have in your bag of tricks to counter the "We have Donkey Kong, but it's not for sale until Tuesday, like all other games. Games don't come out Sunday, ever" statement?[/QUOTE]

This is the attitude my store seems to have. I would prefer to pick up my Wii titles on Sunday, when I have some free time, instead of having to head out of my way to Kmart after work during the week. Instead, I am told that new releases come out on Tuesday.

If I knew for sure my store would have DKCR on Sunday, I'd definitely go pick it up. Past experience leads me to believe I will only be wasting time and gas money doing so though.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Sigh whatever. I'm done shopping at kmart anyways so I'm done even voicing my opinion and concerns. Thanks for the effort Josh, but you can only dress up a pile of s*** so much. Until the retail face of your company changes you'll be fighting a losing battle.[/QUOTE]
I completely understand and your issue is ridiculous. If you can find it in your heart to email me I would truly appreciate it.

Not really even concerned about winning you back, though I'd love to, but I feel obligated to ensure you are taken care of as what happened to you is an affront to me and the team as well.

We may not find the store associate, but we will get with the store and would love to get with you as well.

No pressure at all, please give me a chance though to make it up in some way.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Its frustrating for sure. Had that happen to me since Tue with Apache. Keep your cool and let Josh know about it. If you're intent on buying it at Kmart its more than likely he will work it out for you somehow because he is that good. Or if you 100% want to have them on release day you may just need to buy them elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I contact Josh and Stock boy about this store before(2 Memorial Drive Lodi, NJ) and over half of the time I end up buying the games at another Kmart in Passaic (10 minute farther one-way).
I literally have to drive pass Lodi to get to Passaic that's why I stop in and ask. I didn't have a chance to stop yet, but I called every day for Sly and Apache.

I just want to help fix this store.

[quote name='jer7583']lol @ maraxus

Has to be a joke post, right?

Not like that handsome_bitch person who is clearly just not all there in the head.[/QUOTE]

I hate to ask but what is your problem with me?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I completely understand and your issue is ridiculous. If you can find it in your heart to email me I would truly appreciate it.

Not really even concerned about winning you back, though I'd love to, but I feel obligated to ensure you are taken care of as what happened to you is an affront to me and the team as well.

We may not find the store associate, but we will get with the store and would love to get with you as well.

No pressure at all, please give me a chance though to make it up in some way.[/QUOTE]

I just hope that any casual observers of this thread understand that his experience is not the norm for kmart and that you guys are eager to fix any potential problems that may come up.

No one should be discouraged from taking part of these deals based on anecdotal evidence in this thread - the majority of people have good experiences and therefore don't need to post in the thread.

[quote name='Readthepost']Thanks for the info. I contact Josh and Stock boy about this store before(2 Memorial Drive Lodi, NJ) and over half of the time I end up buying the games at another Kmart in Passaic (10 minute farther one-way).
I literally have to drive pass Lodi to get to Passaic that's why I stop in and ask. I didn't have a chance to stop yet, but I called every day for Sly and Apache.

I just want to help fix this store.[/QUOTE]

LOL i was there the other day on the hunt for AC brotherhood CE. I asked do you even have Brotherhood in. She goes maybe, but imma finish looking tomorrow. All the games were in the back. Fable CE, Black ops prestige, and more. Nothing in the front.

[quote name='jer7583']I just hope that any casual observers of this thread understand that his experience is not the norm for kmart and that you guys are eager to fix any potential problems that may come up.

No one should be discouraged from taking part of these deals based on anecdotal evidence in this thread - the majority of people have good experiences and therefore don't need to post in the thread.[/QUOTE]

I dont know. I think noone and teddybass can agree with me that the Waterloo, IA Kmart have about a 40% chance to fail during every attempt.

Only reason Im still around is because the times it does work I save money. How hard is it to stock games, or to read the print on a coupon, or to know anything about your area?

Hey SHC - I know this is random but could you possibly look up the price of something? Metroid Prime Hunters on Nintendo DS.. is it still $34.99?

even still, merchie there are probably less than 200 people who post regularly here (not all of them posting negative experiences) and over 1200 kmart stores around the country.

3/4 in the milwaukee area do a great job with everything, for example.

I see that my post about talking to josh about the collector edition discounts has been deleted. Then jer7583 is talking down to me. Did i miss something?

[quote name='Scorch']Hey SHC - I know this is random but could you possibly look up the price of something? Metroid Prime Hunters on Nintendo DS.. is it still $34.99?[/QUOTE]

i saw this in a store a while back and it had a tag saying $34.99. this was about 3 months ago.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']i saw this in a store a while back and it had a tag saying $34.99. this was about 3 months ago.[/QUOTE]

I saw it this week with the same price tag, but price tag =/= actual price, I've seen $59.99 tagged items ring up for $2.99 (Far Cry Instincts Predator back when it was clearanced out).

[quote name='Readthepost']Thanks for the info. I contact Josh and Stock boy about this store before(2 Memorial Drive Lodi, NJ) and over half of the time I end up buying the games at another Kmart in Passaic (10 minute farther one-way).

I just want to help fix this store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Toomuchboost']LOL i was there the other day on the hunt for AC brotherhood CE. I asked do you even have Brotherhood in. She goes maybe, but imma finish looking tomorrow. All the games were in the back. Fable CE, Black ops prestige, and more. Nothing in the front.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and the employees are not allow to bring the games from the back room to the display case. Only Madeline is allowed and she doesn't do her job well.

[quote name='bigjake62505']No president of any retail chain would talk down to a customer at least I would hope so, and the chance of kmarts president checking me out is very slim so :roll:[/QUOTE]

what in the wide wide world of sports are you talking about?

dear god man. read my post again.

[quote name='merchie89']I just hate how there is 1 store within 70 miles and then there are like 7 in two connected towns...WTF[/QUOTE]

Where is there 7 stores at? I know of the one here and then the 2 in Cedar Rapids, of which one of those is about equal to Waterloo and the other only slightly better.

anyone notice that the epic mickey coupon for $15 that you buy at the store spits out a generic gaming coupon, so could I use them for any game in that time period? Could I keep buying epic mickey coupons?

Ryan_gf just needed to go by the Bozeman Thai Yoga Massage located next door to the Bozeman Inn & across the street from KMart.
1119 North Seventh Avenue, Bozeman, MT 59715

I've been looking for the epic Mickey coupon but there is no empty box at the store. Can they just enter the UPC and take my 5 bucks n print the coupon? I don't care for the box

[quote name='thesmyster']I've been looking for the epic Mickey coupon but there is no empty box at the store. Can they just enter the UPC and take my 5 bucks n print the coupon? I don't care for the box[/QUOTE]

That would be nice, but I doubt it. I can't find the Epic Mickey box either, I guess I'll just ask where it is next time I go there. Then again, K-Mart employee's are more clueless than I.

[quote name='uglyteradon']So I have to get some coupons so I can get Assassins Creed Brotherhood for forty... ?

Where do I obtain said coupons!?[/QUOTE]
Gaming Coupons print with your receipt.

I swear, how many fricking times does this need posted?

[quote name='starshipvelcro']anyone notice that the epic mickey coupon for $15 that you buy at the store spits out a generic gaming coupon, so could I use them for any game in that time period? Could I keep buying epic mickey coupons?[/QUOTE]
*sigh* Yes, we know. Josh has addressed this multiple times. It wasn't his intention, but it happened.

[quote name='uglyteradon']So I have to get some coupons so I can get Assassins Creed Brotherhood for forty... ?

Where do I obtain said coupons!?[/QUOTE]
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will be $39.99 on Thanksgiving day without a coupon needed.

I need help guys!

I'm trying to pre-order DKCR off the Kmart website, but I can't figure out how to apply my shopyourwayreward card of $25 to my purchase. I've already signed up on the website via my rewards card, too.

Please help!

[quote name='confoosious']Be careful with that statement before it's released. The Batman CE looked pretty good too until people got it and realized the batarang looked like something you get out of a gumball machine but larger.

I have a preorder in for LBP2 CE as well but i'm worried the bookends are gonna look like crap.[/QUOTE]

Most CE's are pretty meh, but the Fallout: NV CE was pretty sweet.

LBP2's CE is the best god damn thing ever though, that I'll definitely pre-order.

[quote name='jaredstorm']I need help guys!

I'm trying to pre-order DKCR off the Kmart website, but I can't figure out how to apply my shopyourwayreward card of $25 to my purchase. I've already signed up on the website via my rewards card, too.

Please help![/QUOTE]
Just as a heads up, the coupon offer will not apply. It is a launch day promotion only and will only be 1 $10 credit online.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just as a heads up, the coupon offer will not apply. It is a launch day promotion only and will only be 1 $10 credit online.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll be going to pick it up instead.

Do Kmart do price adjustments or what not? Say you bought a game without a gaming coupon and on the following week that game was offered to received a gaming coupon. If you show your receipt, will they honor a gaming coupon print out?

So, I have a weird situation. I went to Kmart earlier today to buy Sonic Colors for the Wii and the cashier asked me if I wanted the receipt emailed to my Rewards account and I said yes. The cashier still printed out a receipt so I assumed it was the gaming coupon but like an idiot I stuffed it in my coat pocket and I didn't make sure until I got home. Turns out it was just normal sales receipt with no coupon attached. I checked my email and saw that I was sent an exact copy of the receipt as expected. Then I saw a separate email titled "Offers with your Kmart digital receipt" but that was just some offer about Dish Network or something.

Anyways, I haven't opened the game yet so I'm wondering if I can go in and ask for a reprint or even return the game and repurchase? Or am I just SOL? I'm not particularly upset or anything. My local Kmart always stocks items immediately and deals have always gone through for the 7-8 games I've purchased there. I'm just wondering if it's too late to do anything about this.

Not to be douchy but anyone that cant find Apache my TRU had over 6 copies. Neither Best Buy nor Target had it. Snagged it with NBA Jam for 40 each, not nearly as good as Josh's deal but I was able to get them.

[quote name='Torusan']So, I have a weird situation. I went to Kmart earlier today to buy Sonic Colors for the Wii and the cashier asked me if I wanted the receipt emailed to my Rewards account and I said yes. The cashier still printed out a receipt so I assumed it was the gaming coupon but like an idiot I stuffed it in my coat pocket and I didn't make sure until I got home. Turns out it was just normal sales receipt with no coupon attached. I checked my email and saw that I was sent an exact copy of the receipt as expected. Then I saw a separate email titled "Offers with your Kmart digital receipt" but that was just some offer about Dish Network or something.

Anyways, I haven't opened the game yet so I'm wondering if I can go in and ask for a reprint or even return the game and repurchase? Or am I just SOL? I'm not particularly upset or anything. My local Kmart always stocks items immediately and deals have always gone through for the 7-8 games I've purchased there. I'm just wondering if it's too late to do anything about this.[/QUOTE]

I would just explain it to the sales person and they'll probably redo the transaction and re-print the receipt. Or you could return and rebuy, but that takes more hassle.

Picked up Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE and Apache Air Assault with no problems today. I didn't even know Apache existed until I saw Josh's offer and so far I'm enjoying the game. Thanks Stock Boy for sending the collector's edition to my store.

[quote name='joeshmoe']I would just explain it to the sales person and they'll probably redo the transaction and re-print the receipt. Or you could return and rebuy, but that takes more hassle.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

I remembering reading somewhere that if you agree to receiving your receipts thru Email that you WON'T get the coupons. I believe it was SHC-GAMER who originally posted this somewhere more near the beginning of this thread. With this said I too receive a email with a image of the receipt from my purchase but I always get the Game Coupon also. Only thing I can think of is that if the cashier explicitly asks you if you would like the email option, I was NEVER asked this, then maybe they key something on the cash register that screws-up the printing of the Game Coupon.

[quote name='rvote']I remembering reading somewhere that if you agree to receiving your receipts thru Email that you WON'T get the coupons. I believe it was SHC-GAMER who originally posted this somewhere more near the beginning of this thread. With this said I too receive a email with a image of the receipt from my purchase but I always get the Game Coupon also. Only thing I can think of is that if the cashier explicitly asks you if you would like the email option, I was NEVER asked this, then maybe they key something on the cash register that screws-up the printing of the Game Coupon.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw that somewhere as well so I tried looking for it. Couldn't find anything but I wouldn't be surprised if still true. Still, I'll talk to customer service but if nothing happens I'm not too bummed out about it. Kmart has saved me more money than any other retailer this year except maybe Amazon. Lesson learned.

[quote name='rvote']I remembering reading somewhere that if you agree to receiving your receipts thru Email that you WON'T get the coupons. I believe it was SHC-GAMER who originally posted this somewhere more near the beginning of this thread. With this said I too receive a email with a image of the receipt from my purchase but I always get the Game Coupon also. Only thing I can think of is that if the cashier explicitly asks you if you would like the email option, I was NEVER asked this, then maybe they key something on the cash register that screws-up the printing of the Game Coupon.[/QUOTE]

SHC did recommend that you get your coupons at the time of purchase instead of doing the email option.

If I remember correctly, it had to do with a store possibly denying the use of a home printed coupon if they've been experiencing alot of problems.

It's easier for him to help you if you're using the store printed coupon.

That would be nice, but I doubt it. I can't find the Epic Mickey box either, I guess I'll just ask where it is next time I go there. Then again, K-Mart employee's are more clueless than I.

When i got mine a few weeks ago it was behind the register in a drawer. I'd just ask them next time you're in.

I tried going to 3 stores in the San Diego area and 2 did not have the sly cooper collection. They said they were sure of it. The last store had me wait like 20-30 minutes so I left. That last store has the glass case so full if games it looks like a bunch of games will come flying out when they open it. haha One of the stores has the shelves 2/3 empty. The PS3 section only had one row filled! I was about to take a picture of it with my cell phone when an employee came by to ask if I needed help. I ended up going to 3 stores, wasting about 1 to 1 1/2hrs and $5-10 in gas for a $15 coupon that I didn't even get. I've spent about $400 in games the past 3 months or so and this is my first truly bad experience so it's not too bad, just hopefully not a sign of things to come.

If there is a lesson to learn from all this, if anyone needs the attention of an employee, whip out your cell phone camera! lol

did anyone get a coupon with this game, i bought it with sonic colors today at store 7777 and i only received a print out for the sonic colors game. i asked the dept manager she said i have nothing on it so goto customer service and they can help. they knew nothing either , so i am lost on how to now obtain the coupon for 15 bucks as stated here and on the kmart blog..help:hot:

[quote name='Shimmerz']Not to be douchy but anyone that cant find Apache my TRU had over 6 copies. Neither Best Buy nor Target had it. Snagged it with NBA Jam for 40 each, not nearly as good as Josh's deal but I was able to get them.[/QUOTE]

You got NBA Jam already at Kmart? I thought it wouldn't hit until Friday? Now I'm half tempted to head to my store right now.

[quote name='Torusan']So, I have a weird situation. I went to Kmart earlier today to buy Sonic Colors for the Wii and the cashier asked me if I wanted the receipt emailed to my Rewards account and I said yes. The cashier still printed out a receipt so I assumed it was the gaming coupon but like an idiot I stuffed it in my coat pocket and I didn't make sure until I got home. Turns out it was just normal sales receipt with no coupon attached. I checked my email and saw that I was sent an exact copy of the receipt as expected. Then I saw a separate email titled "Offers with your Kmart digital receipt" but that was just some offer about Dish Network or something.

Anyways, I haven't opened the game yet so I'm wondering if I can go in and ask for a reprint or even return the game and repurchase? Or am I just SOL? I'm not particularly upset or anything. My local Kmart always stocks items immediately and deals have always gone through for the 7-8 games I've purchased there. I'm just wondering if it's too late to do anything about this.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have any problem with returning the game and rebuying it for the coupon. That's not something that makes me mad. I get all my receipts mailed to me (which includes the gaming coupon) and I get all of them printed off at the register. Never had a problem with getting both. I just delete the emailed receipts...I wonder if there is a way to turn them off altogether cause I find them annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back