Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatpants']Darn.

The store close to my work is great, always on the ball - but lunchtime may be too early for it to have arrived.

The store near my house is extremely terrible, so I hold out no hope for them to have it available over the weekend (I constantly get the "the truck hasn't been unloaded yet" line from this store).

I really wanted to get it today to play over the weekend, but waiting until Monday looks like the way it will fall. Thanks again for extending the coupon into next week.[/QUOTE]

Decided to give the close-to-work store a shot at lunch (Billerica, MA). No NBA Jam. Employee hadn't seen today's UPS shipment come in yet. I'll try back on Monday.

For anyone local who is interested, I didn't see any NFS either. Plenty of AC:B - they even had at least one of the CE.

[quote name='Fonz72']I've had much better luck calling the store and having them look the UPC up in the computer. Found Apache today like that. They only got two copies, and had no idea it was in back until they looked up.[/QUOTE]

When I go there in person, the phone at electronics rings constantly...even electronics get paged and it's one of two reasons:

-They either taking an item to layaway
-Helping a customer out

In addition, KMart is not far from my place and usually when I'm done running calls in the field, I stop by. But I'll call later on today and have them look by UPC. Time to search for it unless someone is nice enough to repost it for me. :lol:

I assume my kmart $20 gaming coupon wil apply on Black Friday? Want to pick up Need for Speed : HP for $14.99.

if you've never played NBA Jam in the arcade, it will be awful to you. But if you remember pumping quarters into it, NBA Jam is fantastic. Big head mode!

This is ridiculous, I called Kmart in Gainesville, FL and they claim they don't have NBA Jam. I asked if they received any games in a shipment and the guy said "Oh those are next weeks games." fucking ridiculous. SHC Gamer you really need to do something about this. I appreciate everything you do for this community but when the employees are a bunch of idiots, it's a little difficult to overlook.

Is there any way you can contact this store?

mygoper.com needs some work. When i go to search for "new releases - 30 days or less", 4 things come up. So I guess I won't be ordering via MG.com anymore:(

Gonna head in later to see if they have NBA Jam

I was just going to Kmart and pick up NBA Jam but after reading a few haven't got it yet I decided to call. So I called and asked and the Electronics guy replied so quickly they don't have it yet. Wow.

Kmart officially lost my sale and most of my future business with no NBA Jam today.

I even gave the guy in electronics the SKU number and it doesn't even show up in their system. How wonderful.

I'll pick up some Black Friday stuff and I am officially off the coupon train. :nottalking:

Jam is a lot of fun, though the shoving in online games seems to be a bit excessive. Nothing like having the commentator telling you "you bring the peanut butter and I'll bring the Jam!"

Just want to say store #7777 (Astro Place, NYC) has Sly Cooper Collection, no problems getting the $15 gaming coupon. There are a number of copies left, so no worries. According to the lady, the Sly games were in yesterday (Thursday, 11/18).

looks like some might not have it yet, from 11:05 this morning regarding delivery today.
[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']It could arrive at anytime in the day before 5pm, just depends on the store. I also doubt they will throw it on the shelf right away but I could be wrong. Best bet is to try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

This may have been answered before, but when is the AC: Brotherhood coupon good for? I bought NFS and it isn't good until the 21st. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='smarkbran']This may have been answered before, but when is the AC: Brotherhood coupon good for? I bought NFS and it isn't good until the 21st. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Same dates as NFS.

[quote name='smarkbran']This may have been answered before, but when is the AC: Brotherhood coupon good for? I bought NFS and it isn't good until the 21st. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Usually they are good the following Sunday in this case the 21st (same as NFS); this gets asked about every other page by the way.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Kmart officially lost my sale and most of my future business with no NBA Jam today.

I even gave the guy in electronics the SKU number and it doesn't even show up in their system. How wonderful.

I'll pick up some Black Friday stuff and I am officially off the coupon train. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

You showed them!

[quote name='animalspinners']They must have fixed that after War For Cybertron. I know for a fact Sears had no problem selling that one early back in August, it was pretty widespread amongst Transformers forums and everyone grabbed a copy there the weekend before release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got my copy at Sears the Friday before the release date. I was shocked the register didn't block it because another Sears had ODST out a few days before release and the register wouldn't let me buy it.

[quote name='Downhome']Where in the world are the two $10 off Kmart coupons I keep seeing people mention?[/QUOTE]
Where did you see these mentioned and are they valid on video games? Please tell me you're not talking about the Donkey Kong coupons.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Where did you see these mentioned and are they valid on video games? Please tell me you're not talking about the Donkey Kong coupons.[/QUOTE]
***Fresh mouth alert***

[quote name='Killbomb']Yeah, I got my copy at Sears the Friday before the release date. I was shocked the register didn't block it because another Sears had ODST out a few days before release and the register wouldn't let me buy it.[/QUOTE]Since Sears is the parent company for Kmart, do you know if they offer "Kmart" gaming coupons for games as well? Lol, thanks.

I'd sad that a lot of people are having bad experiences with Kmart. I personally have been having nothing but mostly positive experiences. I did have a little bit of a hiccup the last time I was in my local Kmart trying to pick up Apache, Mario vs DK: MLM, and Sly Cooper. The issue being with Sly Cooper. Normally the guy who works in Electronics is really good about knowing what is out, what has a coupon, and stuff like that as he games himself.

When I went there on Wednesday I walked to the case and browsed the case, found MvDK:MLM, Apache, and couldn’t find Sly Cooper. Seeing as Stock Boy had said 95% of stores had them I was sure they had at least one copy. So after looking in the case a little longer I was approached by Female Employee #1. She asked if there was anything she could help me find. Here’s how it went down.

FE#1: “Can I help you find something?”
Me: “Did you guys get Sly Cooper in for the PS3?”
FE#1: “If it’s not in the case we don’t have it”
Me: “I read online that most stores should have it by now”
FE#1: “If it’s not in the case we don’t have it. Most games come out Tuesday”
(Seeing as it was Wednesday I didn’t understand how that was a legitimate excuse)
Me: “It was shipped the 12th and should have been there on Friday”
(By now another female employee who was more like a manager walked by)
FE#1: “Do we have this Cooper game for PS3?”
FE#2: “Is it in the case?”
FE#1: “No”
FE#2: “Then we don’t have it”

(So I say thanks and walk off into electronics and pull up the website on my phone. I remember Stock Boy had given us the UPC number in one of the posts so I went looking for it. After about 10 minutes of going through posts I found it and hunt down one of the 2 ladies working)

Me: “I have a UPC number for Sly Cooper, can you look it up and see if you have it” (start reading off the numbers, first was a 7)

FE#1: “Has to start with a 0”
Me: “This is the number I have”
FE#1 – (Not expecting it to work): “Ok, we’ll try it” (Types it in, it beeps) “It says we have 2”

Me: “So could they be in the back somewhere?”
FE#1: “No, if we have them they are in the case”
Me: “Can you check please?”
FE#1: “It could be a mis shipment or something, they are supposed to be out so it could be an error”
Me: “can you check please?”
(She sighs and heads to the back)

While I was waiting I looked on the opposite side of the glass case where they display all their $20 and less games and older games. They have TONS of stuff all the way back to PS2/Xbox. I was browsing through to kill time while she looked and I saw a blue “Move” symbol on the side of one of the games. Seeing as the Move JUST came out not that long ago I picked it up. It was “The Fight”.. I then was hopeful and kept picking them out and I found, NBA 2k11, The Shoot, and BEHOLD, 2 copies of Sly Cooper. I grabbed all the new release games and headed to the back to see if I could find the lady. I found her on the phone at the layaway desk and I placed the pile of New releases on the counter. She seemed shocked. The manager lady from before was also back there and saw the stack of new release games. She then proceeded to ask how I got those out of the glass case.

I told her they weren’t in the case but rather shoved amongst older games out of sight. She was really pissed cause someone wasn’t doing their job right (Glad I wasn’t the only one thinking that). She then proceeded to walk back to the case with me and take a look.. after a few minutes of me picking out my games she proceeded to try and offer me a job (LOL!). Even after telling her I have 2 jobs & go to school she STILL tried to get me to work there cause I “know about games”.

Needless to say the coupons printed out but a lot of employees just don’t seem to care enough to help out a customer who is SURE they have a game in stock. CAUSE GUESS WHAT!!! I was right. :cool:

TL; DR: Employees are lazy. They had Sly Cooper in despite giving me every excuse as to why they didn’t. Coupons printed off just fine. Was offered a job because I “know about games” and the electronics department needs serious help.

[quote name='Dwarfman']Was offered a job because I “know about games” and the electronics department needs serious help.[/QUOTE]
its_a_trap.jpg

[quote name='Jodou']
its_a_trap.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I said no but thanks anyway :p

I'll keep my cushy University job and my job peddling pre-orders, Game Informers, and Power Up cards at GameStop thank you very much!

Although the thought of an employee discount + coupons + lack of customers was pretty tempting.

[quote name='confoosious']you shoulda told her you were a magician![/QUOTE]

The town it is in is pretty much stuck in the '90's so I could convince them I'm from the future.

So after I go grocery shopping, I'll go to Kmart and see for myself if the game really isn't there and just get a look-see on how their electronics/gaming section looks like now, haven't been there in awhile.

If I don't find boomshakalaka today I will go one last time tomorrow after work. And if I don't find it, I'm a patient person who believes everything happens for a reason, and will just wait for a better deal. Oh well, like the announcer says "no hoop for me".

I waited until yesterday to try and pick up NFS and Apache (don't really want to deal with a BF crowd), since my local K-mart is notorious for taking their sweet ass time opening the shipment boxes...

Not a single new release anywhere to be found! Not even a single video game item in the ad was on shelf.

Cashier kept giving me "not on shelf, not in stock" excuse. I asked him if he can look in the back for them since I dealt with this same issue twice before. First he told me he "doesn't have access to the stock room". I then told him that another cashier that I typically deal with always found what I needed in the back after she actually attempted to search for them, he said "Ok, I'll go look".

He came back 2 minutes later (literally), telling me "Sorry don't have them". With that kind of speed, he must be Sonic the Hedgehog in disguise, or a lazy-ass employee (I'm guessing the latter).

Gamer/Stockboy, you two should go work for Amazon. At least your kick ass wonderful efforts there wouldn't be doomed by piss poor seemingly unfixable local store management.

Your poll even backs me up for the most part.

I just got an hd camcorder today, I think i'm going to bring it with me every time I go to a lazy kmart so I can send josh a video of exactly what employees say, lol.

Was hoping to get NBA Jam today, we'll see.

My biggest beef is that they (most Kmart employees) act as though we’re asking of lot of them. It’s called doing your job…last time I checked if I wasn’t doing my job I wouldn’t have one…

I'm sorry if this was mentioned in the 105 pages of this thread that I didn't bother to read.

Are Kmarts going to have Kinects in stock, or are they going to be online only?

I feel so bad for my local Kmart which has 9 Band Hero Special Editions sitting up on the top of a shelf. Some local buyer drastically over estimated the draw of that one.

Yeah, I hope everyone can find a good store. Usually there's 2-3 within driving distance. I go to ones further away just to avoid the trouble and wasted time at the closest one which is horrible.

Funny thing is the rude old ladies there probably feel like they accomplished their goal of getting me not to come in every week and make them look for new releases cause I stopped going to that store.

Kmart never has anyone to help in electronics that is one thing I'll say. The last time I bought a game there was Gears of War 2. A friend used to work there and got us like 20% off but only got it there because Toys R Us ($20 gift card) didn't get them until late. Whenever I'd go in there it would take forever to get real help in the department. A store like Walmart always has someone there.

I believe my Kmart would have NBA Jam though, I'm about to call just to find out. There are 2 Kmarts very close to me. both within about 5 miles.

[quote name='Advocatus']I'm sorry if this was mentioned in the 105 pages of this thread that I didn't bother to read.

Are Kmarts going to have Kinects in stock, or are they going to be online only? [/QUOTE]

It's in the OP. They are doing a 4gb Kinect Bundle deal for TD/BF and have also done previous Kinect gaming coupon offers on both the bundles and the stand alone.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']A store like Walmart always has someone there.[/QUOTE]

Walmart also considers 20 cents below MSRP "falling prices." I realize Kmart has issues, but walking to the customer service desk and having someone paged is worth it for me if there's a good deal.

[quote name='salty tbone']Walmart also considers 20 cents below MSRP "falling prices." I realize Kmart has issues, but walking to the customer service desk and having someone paged is worth it for me if there's a good deal.[/QUOTE]
I understand that. It just seems like this one person in the thread is concerned with Kmart's service or whatever, so I just thought I'd give my experiences with them vs. experiences with a competitor like Walmart.

Regarding the poll: when I went to get Sonic Colors, the first guy I talked to told me that since it wasn't on the shelf it wasn't out yet - they "always get new games on Tuesday". I insisted though and another employee set him straight, one of 'em went back and got a handful of copies to put out. This was at around 2 PM, so I assume I was the first one to ask about the game.

Paramus, NJ- lots of copies of AC:B (no interest), 2 each of Apache Air, no NBA JAM, no Sly Cooper, no Sonic Colors. They said they never received those 3 games. She also told me that NBA jam would be released for Thanksgiving sale. Unbelievable!
I went in for NFS- they only had it for Wii and PS3- SO I left empty-handed once again. Damn, I really wanted that for my Brother in law, but I will be away for Thanksgiving so hoping it gets one of those special price drops after Thanksgiving -hopefully Josh is reading this : )

I don't normally post here, I just read. But this is pretty obnoxious.

My store says they don't have NBA Jam (Astor Pl in NYC), but I was also told that they usually don't get games on Friday, and when i explained the delay the guy just seemed like he didn't care.

So how would I go about asking for them to lookup the UPC code?

The code is 014633195767, got it from a trip downstairs to Bestbuy.

I think I may be done with KMart. So far, I've had to wait past the release date on four games (Halo, EA Sports MMA, NBA 2k11, and now NBA Jam).

I went to one of the stores while on my lunch break from work. No NBA Jam in sight. Went to customer service who had someone look in the back. They could not find any "mba jams" and so I left the store. I called a second store close by and here is a breakdown of the conversation.

Talked to a girl who transferred me to electronics
Five minutes later, same girl picks up, asks what I need. Transferred again to electronics
at the 10 minute mark, someone picks up, I ask about NBA Jam....put on hold
15 minutes later, "this is electronics, how can I help you" "You were just helping me, trying to find NBA Jam for PS3" "oh yah....yah we dont have any. maybe tomorrow? k thanks."

I have never really gotten that angry before because the deals are good and I otherwise wouldn't be buying games right now, but it just causes extra work I feel like I should not have to do as a consumer. Maybe I take it for granted that other stores always have stock handy whenever I want/need an item. I don't know if its a shipping issue or a store issue, but sadly, I might either throw my coupons away or use them for XBL points or something I can get now rather than playing this waiting game on when a game will finally be in stock.

damn people getting job offers at KMart, I would gladly take a part time position just to help out the CAG community. As this board shows, there are more than one person in more than one location that is having issues like this.

My only issue with street dates was this woman I called not understanding the concept of a Game of the Year edition, she said they didn't have it but they did.

[quote name='skizomaniak']I don't normally post here, I just read. But this is pretty obnoxious.

My store says they don't have NBA Jam (Astor Pl in NYC), but I was also told that they usually don't get games on Friday, and when i explained the delay the guy just seemed like he didn't care.

So how would I go about asking for them to lookup the UPC code?

The code is 014633195767, got it from a trip downstairs to Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from the Griffith, IN Kmart...same one that denied me Rock Band 3 on release day, and Josh and Stock Boy later verified that it was there. This time, I got the normally friendly, if skeptical, woman that has helped me most times (excluding the Rock Band 3 incident). So, I was somewhat optimistic that she would at least look for me.

I ask for NBA Jam, and I say that I didn't see it in the case, but I couldn't be sure. I explained the situation with it coming out this week, but that Kmart shipments had been delayed until today. She basically fed me a bunch of obnoxious customer shutdown lines "All I got on the truck today were bulky items", "We had to turn away the truck this morning" (whatever that means), and when I asked if she could at least look in the computer to see if it had arrived..."We don't have that capability". Oh, and when I mentioned that the games probably came by UPS, not a standard delivery truck, she just responded "UPS IS a truck."

So, I don't know what to say. I was shut down on the last deal I tried to take advantage of, Rock Band 3, as mentioned above. I was given pathetic customer service when trying to get NBA Jam at two locations. The first time, it wasn't actually there. This time, I have no way to know, because the service was so bad. Yes, Josh and his team contacted me and I got taken care of for the first problem, but even that isn't worth dragging my two kids through Kmart multiple times without getting what I am looking for.

[quote name='bretfav']Paramus, NJ- lots of copies of AC:B (no interest), 2 each of Apache Air, no NBA JAM, no Sly Cooper, no Sonic Colors. They said they never received those 3 games. She also told me that NBA jam would be released for Thanksgiving sale. Unbelievable!
I went in for NFS- they only had it for Wii and PS3- SO I left empty-handed once again. Damn, I really wanted that for my Brother in law, but I will be away for Thanksgiving so hoping it gets one of those special price drops after Thanksgiving -hopefully Josh is reading this : )[/QUOTE]
thanks for saving me the stop. i was going to stop by this store for NBA Jam, since its the way home from work.

Why doesn't Kmart do more online promotion-ing? It could help assuage those who've had negative experiences at the B&Ms.

skizomaniak,

While trying to track down a copy of the sly collection i asked the person working in electronics if he could look up a UPC code to see if they had any on hand. So i gave him the UPC number, he mentioned something about needing his gun, but was able to find the information without it and told me they had 7 copies on hand. The hard part is finding someone who is willing to go out back to look for the game in their stockroom.

You know I realize everyone is having a lot of issues but I feel like a lot of times people just give up too easily and I myself am sometimes guilty of the same thing but anytime someone tells you that they can't look up a UPC Code, or they get games on Tuesday you need to be demanding to see there supervisor/manager. Especially if they turn you away after you've confirmed with Stock Boy they scanned in their shipments. I know this can be easier said then done but fighting in store needs to happen more so then always relying on Josh or Stock Boy.

After reading all these issues with getting NBA Jam, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get it somewhere else. The Kmart stores near me all say it's also not in stock and I just want to play it already. Thanks for doing everything you can, SHC and Stockboy. Your efforts are above and beyond awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back