Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Arakias']I dont think you being a fanboy makes you a qualified reviewer. Let IGN handle it.[/QUOTE]

Joke post?

Anyway glad I'm not interested in GT5. Hope everyones trips haven't been to horrid going and trying to find a copy. As always bring the UPC and Be Persistent.

No GT5 at my Kmart which was a first. Usually my Kmart has games out on release date. Asked the cashier in electronics department but he gave me the "if it's not in the case" deal. But it wasn't the usual cashier & I didn't have enough time to wait for someone else so it's all good. Also I know department stores can get hectic & unorganized during the holidays so I'll try saturday and cut them some slack..

On a good note though picked up a shop your way rewards cards and was really suprised how easy they are to get. Took about a minute to give the cashier my basic info & get my card which was nice!

[quote name='Shaggy0131']So Palmer is good for something? I'm in Easthampton.[/QUOTE]
Sort of...they didn't have GT5...at least not out in the open. The guy offered to go look but I declined. Had NBA Jam and all those goodies.

[quote name='bigjake62505']The douchebaggery here is epic. All anyone has said is that they have the ability to check stock and if they are around it would be cool. Put away your superman underwear and towel because no one needs saving or protecting.[/QUOTE]
People around here protect the SHC reps more than they protect themselves. It's LOLalicious.

[quote name='Arakias']I dont think you being a fanboy makes you a qualified reviewer. Let IGN handle it.[/QUOTE]
Fanboy?

I hate Gran Turismo :rofl:

They said it's a 10/10 racing simulator--which is what it is and what it's trying to be. But a 5/10 game--whatever that means.

If you're out in the Western Chicago burbs, the Bloomingdale, IL store #3914 has GT5, NBA Jam (Xbox 360), Splatterhouse (Xbox 360), Raving Rabbids Travel in Time, DKCR, and Michael Jackson: The Experience (with awesomely huge, Mickey Mouse sized bejeweled glove, which includes an important warning that the "GLOVE IS NOT TO BE USED DURING GAMEPLAY"). All coupons printed correctly, including the double DKCR and other SYWR card coupons. Last week they had Sly Collection and Apache Air Assault out on time, too.

99% of the time, someone is in Electronics (a call button is also available), games seem to always be out on release days by 1:30PM (the usual time I stop in, but I've stopped in earlier and they've also been stocked), and the dept. is pretty well organized. Al, the lead in Electronics, knows about the deals and is also super friendly (I think he usually works mornings/afternoons on weekdays). I had one problem at this store, but I've never had an issue since then. Only other store I've been to out in the burbs was Lombard, and it wasn't as organized.

Got GT5 at mine. Unfortunately the coupon didn't print. The lady ringing it up was having problems and voided the first transaction and forgot to rescan my SYWR card so the coupon didn't print. And I couldn't convince anyone there that there was a coupon with it since it isn't in their ad. Tried customer service in the front of the store and didn't have any better luck. Kinda hard to prove. I guess my question is if I enter the number off the receipt on the shop your way rewards website, can I get the coupon that way?

[quote name='Dranakin']No, just the non-bundle.[/QUOTE]

Blasted, I woulda gone with the bundle if it had the 10 dollar reduction as well. Guess I'll stick to the standalone goldeneye and pick up a used classic pro from Gamestop

Did the DKC coupons only print out on Sunday? The OP doesn't list it but I thought it would print out for the rest of the week? I was thinking of getting it since I'll be there for Red Dead and GT5.

Thanks

[quote name='boneless']Did the DKC coupons only print out on Sunday? The OP doesn't list it but I thought it would print out for the rest of the week? I was thinking of getting it since I'll be there for Red Dead and GT5.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Some person today bought the DKC game and got the $10 coupon and the coupon ia valid for tomorrow as well. I wish my $25 coupon from GT5 was valid for tomorrow:drool:

Update: The Lansing, MI store had the game all along. The girl said one of her co workers found the box a few hours after I left and she said she felt bad. All in all I picked up The sly collection, splatterhouse, and GT5. All coupons printed with no issues.

[quote name='JayFx2']Some person today bought the DKC game and got the $10 coupon and the coupon ia valid for tomorrow as well. I wish my $25 coupon from GT5 was valid for tomorrow:drool:[/QUOTE]

So the $10 coupon is valid for tomorrow, but I thought there were 2 $10 coupons for this?

[quote name='boneless']So the $10 coupon is valid for tomorrow, but I thought there were 2 $10 coupons for this?[/QUOTE]

Idk if their is 2 $10 coupons for it, but their is a $40 coupon + $10 coupon when you purchase a Nintendo Wii & DKC game. The coupon that he got from DKC is valid for tomorrow use. The guy show me it.

Anybody else only get $10 for the Raving Rabbit coupon. Post says it's supposed to be $15. (couldnt find this discuss in this threat yet, just the DK coupon glitch). did pick up DK but couldn't find a wii to go with it (was hoping to pick up new red bundle). couldn't find GT5 as I was told that video games do not get released on wednesday. she did check in the back. she said that there were 12 red wiis back there but was told by her manager that she can not sell them today. pissed that an item that is not street dated is held back from customers purchasing.

A great day as I was 2 for 2,

It was almost an hour of waiting but the guy at electronics finally found Gran Turismo 5.

At first, he couldn't locate it but I was persistent enough for him to type the UPC into the PDA that they use. Once I did, it showed that they had copies of it. So off he goes to the back and minutes later, he came back with Gran Turismo 5.

It's usually a hit and miss with who you deal with. If I see that guy when I walk into KMart, I know that he'll take care of me.

I came so close to buying a PSP at K-Mart today with that Thanksgiving deal...I'm really glad I didn't though.

I can wait for 3DS/PSP2.

Got GT5 In Everett, Wa. Jeremiah is an awesome worker there that goes the extra mile to help you.

Can't find Sly Cooper in either of my local stores, Arlington or Everett.

[quote name='boneless']So the $10 coupon is valid for tomorrow, but I thought there were 2 $10 coupons for this?[/QUOTE]
I bought DKCR this past Tuesday and got the 2 $10 gaming coupons.
For the purchase of DKCR, you get 2 $10 gaming coupons only if you are a SYWR member. One of the $10 coupons is valid 11/25/10-1/8/2011. The other $10 coupon is valid 11/28/10-1/8/2011.

The first page of this thread says the following:

11-21 Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 $10 gaming coupons and bonus $40 coupon with purchase of any Wii Console and DKC.
Must be a Shop Your Way Reward Member for the extra $10

For those trying to find G5, DK2, Splatterhouse, NBA JAM, Undead Redemption in southside of Chicago go to the Kmart on 95th Pulaski.

Picked up DKCR on Monday. Printed both coupons just fine! One is valid over Black Friday, the other starts on Sunday, per usual. Don't forget, to get BOTH coupons, you need a SYWR card (as mentioned in the OP), otherwise it will just print one coupon!

Planning to try to find a couple games today (mainly NBA Jam). They didn't have them at my closest KMart, so I will be trying some a bit further away! Nothing like day-before-thanksgiving shopping to make me patient! ;)

On a different note, I finally tried out the Kinect I bought a WHILE ago from KMart when the deal on it first came out (release day), and I don't know why it took so long! WAY fun and MUCH better than expected. Dance Central is a definite workout when you play for a while and Medium really has you trying out the moves. Kinectimals is WAY cute and fun for anyone that likes to collect and play mini-games ... a fun sort-of wind down game. Haven't tried anything else yet (was REALLY hoping for Black Friday Kinect game deals). I'm keen to try the Harry Potter game that is Kinect enabled.

Didn't Josh say a while ago there would be deals on Kinect games soon? :(

[quote name='kk012']I bought DKCR this past Tuesday and got the 2 $10 gaming coupons.
For the purchase of DKCR, you get 2 $10 gaming coupons only if you are a SYWR member. One of the $10 coupons is valid 11/25/10-1/8/2011. The other $10 coupon is valid 11/28/10-1/8/2011.

The first page of this thread says the following:

11-21 Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 $10 gaming coupons and bonus $40 coupon with purchase of any Wii Console and DKC.
Must be a Shop Your Way Reward Member for the extra $10[/QUOTE]

Dammit. Thanks, for some reason I stopped reading the OP after the Black Friday deals. I guess I thought it was in chronological order and wouldn't include anything else. :dunce:

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Got GT5 In Everett, Wa. Jeremiah is an awesome worker there that goes the extra mile to help you.

Can't find Sly Cooper in either of my local stores, Arlington or Everett.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Aurora store this morning and noticed they had Sly Cooper collection there. Bit of a drive for you (especially in this weather), but like I said, they had it this morning.

I picked up GT5. Used the $20 coupon I got from Rock Band 3 - worked perfect. Gave them my phone number that I used when signing up online for MyFreeSavings or whatever it is last night. The register printed my $25 coupon for GT5 just fine. My GF then bought a copy of GT5 for a gift, used the rewards zone phone number she had signed up for before and it worked fine. The entire experience took 15-20 minutes, but we got the deal, so I'm happy.

I'd like to first thank all the CAGs, especially the Godfather himself, Josh, for showing me the light. I started visiting CAG after seeing the Black Ops deal on the KmartGamer blog and couldn't believe the deals that were being posted for most new releases.

I took advantage of the Black Ops deal ($25 SYWR and $25 off Civlization V) and this past Monday I purchased DKCR using those SYWR points. I had no issues getting both $10 coupons at the O'Fallon, MO location (sorry I don't know the store #). The only minor problem I have had there so far in my three trips was the lack of a permanent employee in the Electronics section.

I just got home from buying 3 Epic Mickey boxes in separate transactions and I received the 3 $15 gaming coupons with no issues at all. Usually I wouldn't be greedy and take all the remaining stock, but the 3 boxes have been there since Black Ops was released, so I figured why not buy them all before BF.

After experiencing Kmart-mania these past weeks, I felt it was necessary to join the site and share my gratitude to you all as well as provide any insight I can.

Went to Kmart, asked about Gran Turismo 5.

'We don't have it in stock.'
Have you checked the back?
'I looked for at least three hours and didn't find anything.'
Can't you check the store stock?
'We haven't done that for video games in years.'

While this dude has been nice to me before, today he seemed to be buckling under the pressure of having more than two customers in electronics. I know when I check the stock room, it takes much less than an hour to find anything, and if you have the UPC, it takes twenty seconds to even know if you have it. Sometimes I wish I could work there just to show them how to do it.

I walked out very displeased. This hasn't happened for months. Shows me to go in the morning. Usually the afternoon/night shift guys know how I am, and they'll check their stock even if it hasn't been done in 'years.'

I really hope Thursday or Friday don't turn out to be a bust as well. If I kept on reading right and there's new stock coming in just for these sales, they may not even put it on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has the potential to be a dumb question, but nevertheless....

The DKC deal will last through this coming Sunday right? In the main post, I see the deals posted but DKC isn't posted for how long it runs through... I did a search for it on "Donkey Kong" and the only thing I saw was the deal and the date it is being released... Just want to confirm since I am waiting for my Sly Cooper coupon to become active. :D

Came back from my store today, doesn't look like they received their GT5 shipment today. According to the employee that helped me, the store across town have them, but their Shop Your Way system is down while my store is the opposite.

Ah well. Thanks for the deal anyways SHC-Gamer and co.

MAN! I am so bummed out. Today was my only day off this week, went in to Kmart: NO DKCR.
Another customer showed up looking for DKCR with the Red Wii bundle . The associate,nice as hell, looked everywhere in the case and the back.
Went next store to TRU, they had it, guide and the shirt (L-XXL). Meh...

Does any one know how often Kmart is restocked?

Well, I went to the Kmart on 34 St., Manhattan. I walked in and signed up for the Syw card. I go downstairs and make the purchase. No coupon printed out. I was about to walk out but I decided to ask anyways. She checks to make sure it wasn't hiding behind the printer and I'm pretty sure nothing else printed out. She takes me to customer service and they discuss it. They make the return and redo the whole purchase and the coupon printed out. I was kind of worried I had lost out on my $20 dollar coupon from Vanquish that I applied to this purchase. But they just subtracted 20 bucks off the second purchase because I guess there was no way to reuse the old coupon after a return is done. I'm guessing you need to make a purchase first with your Syw Card after obtaining the card for the first time. Otherwise, the system doesn't print out the coupon. Thats the only reason I could come up with for not receiving the coupon the first time. Btw the electronics people were very helpful in making sure I got my coupon.

For the Medal of Honor deal, what is the time range of the 10 dollar coupon if purchased on Black Friday?

I see in the first post it states that any 10 dollar coupons received on Thanksgiving can only be used on Black Friday. Does the same apply to the 10 dollar coupons received on Black Friday as well or will the time range be for the following week?

Got back fro Lemay ferry location in STL earlier today, didn't see GT5 but did manage to grab donkey kong, the coupons printed out with no hassle too!
Also I did see RDR Zombie and all of the other titles, except GT5.

[quote name='Evolved']Well I believe Josh had a dental appointment today so he's probably out for the day.[/QUOTE]

How fucking hilarious is this?!? I can't stop laughing. I don't even know I have an appointment until the reminder call the day before much less when somebody elsewhere in the country has theirs.

sorry if this has been asked, but has SHC said how long the Epic Mickey $20 coupon will be good for? Because there is nothing interesting coming out until January 18th (for me at least)...and I don't want the coupon train to end...

Went back for a third time -

No DKC, no Splatterhouse, No Red Dead Redemption, No Michael Jackson Experience, No NBA Jam (PS3/360), No Create and no Gran Turismo.

I asked the guy to check in the back. He's gone about 20 minutes and comes back (after having written down Gran Turismo because he had "no idea" what it is) and says that there's "no box in the back" and "the guy is usually really good about putting out new releases" (fourth time I've heard this line). I said "Dude, there were like 7 games that came out this week." and he said "I don't know what to tell you man, there's no box in the back. We don't have them."

There is absolutely no way that these stores aren't holding them back. I'm assuming they think it hurts their bottom line. This is unbelievable.

I got Gran Turismo 5 at K-Mart and got the $25 gaming coupon. I had to go to 2 stores and neither knew what I was talking about but I got signed up for the Shop Your Way thing at the first store. Then at the second K-Mart they had the game, and with my new Shop Your Way card I went ahead and ordered it and sure enough the $25 off gaming purchase receipt came out. I'll probably use it tomorrow on a Black Friday deal.

[quote name='hskr121']I'll probably use it tomorrow on a Black Friday deal.[/QUOTE]

This has been addressed multiple times, but you can't. Look at your receipt. It becomes active starting November 28th.

[quote name='jputahraptor']How fucking hilarious is this?!? I can't stop laughing. I don't even know I have an appointment until the reminder call the day before much less when somebody elsewhere in the country has theirs.[/QUOTE]
Well, he did say that yesterday.....

[quote name='jj5206']sorry if this has been asked, but has SHC said how long the Epic Mickey $20 coupon will be good for? Because there is nothing interesting coming out until January 18th (for me at least)...and I don't want the coupon train to end...[/QUOTE]
Okay, let's do some math together:

The date of the Sunday after Epic Mickey comes out is December 5. Count six weeks after that, and we land on Jan 16. That means that the Epic Mickey coupons will be good until Jan 15.

Coupon isnt valid until the 28th

[quote name='hskr121']I got Gran Turismo 5 at K-Mart and got the $25 gaming coupon. I had to go to 2 stores and neither knew what I was talking about but I got signed up for the Shop Your Way thing at the first store. Then at the second K-Mart they had the game, and with my new Shop Your Way card I went ahead and ordered it and sure enough the $25 off gaming purchase receipt came out. I'll probably use it tomorrow on a Black Friday deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually glad these new releases are slowing down after Epic Mickey until mid-late January.

My next new release game after Epic Mickey will be Dead Space 2. Damn I can't wait for that game.

[quote name='nesman90']This has the potential to be a dumb question, but nevertheless....

The DKC deal will last through this coming Sunday right? In the main post, I see the deals posted but DKC isn't posted for how long it runs through... I did a search for it on "Donkey Kong" and the only thing I saw was the deal and the date it is being released... Just want to confirm since I am waiting for my Sly Cooper coupon to become active. :D[/QUOTE]

I think it will only print out through today, the 24th. This is going by what the kmart.com product page lists the $10 coupon offer as good until. Don't know about the extra SYWR $10 coupon though.

[quote name='Scorch']Went back for a third time -

No DKC, no Splatterhouse, No Red Dead Redemption, No Michael Jackson Experience, No NBA Jam (PS3/360), No Create and no Gran Turismo.

I asked the guy to check in the back. He's gone about 20 minutes and comes back (after having written down Gran Turismo because he had "no idea" what it is) and says that there's "no box in the back" and "the guy is usually really good about putting out new releases" (fourth time I've heard this line). I said "Dude, there were like 7 games that came out this week." and he said "I don't know what to tell you man, there's no box in the back. We don't have them."

There is absolutely no way that these stores aren't holding them back. I'm assuming they think it hurts their bottom line. This is unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

Well DUH..

Why would you want to let someone buy something and get a coupon for $25 off and on top of that, they might be using a coupon from a previous purchase to get like, $20 off!?!?!??!

REDICULOUS

We need to sit on that product at $60 even when the MSRP hits $30, because $60 is more than $30.. it's really simple basic math.

If you knew anything about how business is run you would know these stores holding back product are the shining stars of SHC, and probably are making like 2x the profits that those other suckers letting people get nationally advertised deals are.

Can the coupons be used for hardware or accessories, or just games? I thought it was everything, but a $25 coupons didn't work for me on an controller.

The coupons should be able to be used on anything gaming related.. not sure why it wouldn't work on a controller, that sounds crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back