Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mad39er']Return and rebuy tomorrow if you don't want to do it tonight, the deal is good for Saturday(tomorrow).[/QUOTE]
Eh it's too late. I bought it online. Oh well!~

[quote name='xycury']Of course I did. I always do when I shop at Kmart, they have to track my purchases of course. ;)

My SYWR number is printed on the receipt just below my chipper Cashier Rachel.

The coupon that did print was good from the 28th, this Sunday, till Jan 8th.

I wish someone would be clear with these gaming coupons, if it's only for 4 days, I would know it, I would have bought it when it was effective.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess that ends my debate on whether or not I should buy Donkey Kong tomorrow.

Could I please have Josh's contact info?? Bought Donkey Kong country 2 with my SYWR card and only got one certificate:(

[quote name='thegreek']Could I please have Josh's contact info?? Bought Donkey Kong country 2 with my SYWR card and only got one certificate:([/QUOTE]
Really?

Really?

REALLY?

REALLY?

[quote name='thegreek']Could I please have Josh's contact info?? Bought Donkey Kong country 2 with my SYWR card and only got one certificate:([/QUOTE]

Read the first post of tHis thread. Contact info is there.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I would've got Wheel of Fortune for $15 but why do that when I can get it for $10 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Where do you see it for $10 on Amazon? I grabbed it for $15 today as a gift but $5 is $5. It was the last copy they had, too, and I had to dig for it.

Picked up GT5, used my SYWR cards and I got the $25 coupon to print. I was a little worried it wouldn't work since I paid for part of it with $40 in gaming coupons and if they did not print I could not easily return it and get my gaming coupons back.

The still have 6 or more GT5 in stock at my local store.

Got ME2 and 1600 points, but not without hassle. Drove out to the only Kmart left in the South Bend / Mishawaka IN area, after most of them have closed in the past few years. Get there, and the place looks like a war zone. Get back to electronics, find multiple copies of ME2 no problem, but, no MS points, only an empty spot on the shelf. Wait in line to ask the electronics associate a question, he walks me over to the shelf and points at some random MMO gaming cards... uh, no. He was rather rude, too. So, I pretty much gave up, but in the process of walking back to the door, I walk by the rack of random giftcards up front, and sure enough, I found some MS point cards there. So I went back to electronics and had the same rude employee ring me up, somewhat sheepishly, while I sarcastically thanked him for his help. So, at least it wasn't a wasted trip across town.

Used a $20 coupon, signed up for SYWR, and got GT5 with the coupon with no problems. The person at customer service handled everything like a pro. Why customer service? The 4 people at the electronics cash register managed to disappear once one of them finally helped me get the game from behind the glass case. Thanks SHC crew for the great deals. My Kmart was very well stocked.

DK_Country_2.jpg

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='randogu']This pretty much mirrors what I ran into on my trip to the MESA, AZ store earlier. The points cards, as well as ME2, were in stock, but the girl thought I was talking about their rewards card at first. Re-explained what I was trying to get and she instantly went into "online is different" mode.

This was an awesome deal in theory, but in the end, deals are only deals when you're actually allowed to utilize them.[/QUOTE]
Oi. You guys, you DO NOT need to explain these deals to the cashiers. It's automatically applied. It's not as if the cashier has any say in the matter anyway because, like every other B&M store, the deal will apply automatically.

You would have been able to get it just fine if you'd taken the game and card, had them rung up, and paid for them. Once the order is totaled, the deductions are made. I grabbed the game and card today without any problems, from an employee who had just finished arguing about online vs. circular deals with a customer.

Lesson to be learned: just let it play out. If it doesn't total out correctly RIGHT BEFORE YOU PAY, then just say, "Oh, no thanks" and walk away.

Most of these problems about not getting deals when employees don't know about them can be avoided if you just have some faith that it will work automatically as it should.

[quote name='joeshmoe']hotlink

:lol:[/QUOTE]

I know the joke you're trying to make, but this is somehow more hilarious.

Went to pick up DA Origins UE, but both Kmarts were out. I didn't go till later in the day because I refuse to deal with Black Friday crowds. So I ended up ordering from Amazon. But after tax, only cost me an extra $2. So not too bad. Sorry Kmart, I wanted to get it from you.

[quote name='Scorch']Where do you see it for $10 on Amazon? I grabbed it for $15 today as a gift but $5 is $5. It was the last copy they had, too, and I had to dig for it.[/QUOTE]
It was earlier one of the lightning deals around 12:15 PST and only $10 for probably 30 seconds, at least for me. I never could get it to show up at $10 and I was trying right away.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']It was earlier one of the lightning deals around 12:15 PST and only $10 for probably 30 seconds, at least for me. I never could get it to show up at $10 and I was trying right away.[/QUOTE]

The Wii version was $10 (PM of Wal-Mart), but the DS version was $15. I managed to grab both from Amazon.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Oi. You guys, you DO NOT need to explain these deals to the cashiers. It's automatically applied. It's not as if the cashier has any say in the matter anyway because, like every other B&M store, the deal will apply automatically.

You would have been able to get it just fine if you'd taken the game and card, had them rung up, and paid for them. Once the order is totaled, the deductions are made. I grabbed the game and card today without any problems, from an employee who had just finished arguing about online vs. circular deals with a customer.

Lesson to be learned: just let it play out. If it doesn't total out correctly RIGHT BEFORE YOU PAY, then just say, "Oh, no thanks" and walk away.

Most of these problems about not getting deals when employees don't know about them can be avoided if you just have some faith that it will work automatically as it should.[/QUOTE]

This. Exactly, you just have to have faith. I have never, ever tried to question or even explain to the cashier's I have dealt with and I have not had a single problem with any deals. I was just thinking about all the coupons and rewards $ I have accumulated and spent over the past two to three months. I came up with $90 in rewards $ and over $250 in coupons that led to more purchases. That is completely amazing to me. Especially since I had not bought a single game at KMart before.

[quote name='sharpeone']This. Exactly, you just have to have faith. I have never, ever tried to question or even explain to the cashier's I have dealt with and I have not had a single problem with any deals. I was just thinking about all the coupons and rewards $ I have accumulated and spent over the past two to three months. I came up with $90 in rewards $ and over $250 in coupons that led to more purchases. That is completely amazing to me. Especially since I had not bought a single game at KMart before.[/QUOTE]

After buying from kmart the last couple of months i don't even mention any sort of deal to the cashier anymore. I wait until the item(s) are totalled, then i give them my coupons and this way it causes less confussion for everyone involved. Although at this point i think they all know me except for the new cashier they hired before black friday.

Huge YMMV but some Kmarts may be allowing customers to put BF item deals on layaway. I asked the guy @ my local Kmart if they were doing that or not. He said "They were letting people do it earlier today..."

My understanding is that typically it's against store policy to do so on BF/BF Weekend but it's something that some of you maybe interested in TRYING & not bitching about it if it doesn't work. :lol:

Missed out on the Mass Effect 2 deal. I was able to check 2 stores, one store didn't have the game, and the other one didn't have the Points cards.

Sorry SHC, but Amazon got my $$$ for the DS Lite. I didn't want to wake up at 5am to get one.

I'll be back for Epic Mickey though, and probably GS/DQ9 deal. I've got $100 in coupons to burn.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Huge YMMV but some Kmarts may be allowing customers to put BF item deals on layaway. I asked the guy @ my local Kmart if they were doing that or not. He said "They were letting people do it earlier today..."

My understanding is that typically it's against store policy to do so on BF/BF Weekend but it's something that some of you maybe interested in TRYING & not bitching about it if it doesn't work. :lol:[/QUOTE]

They are letting them do that at my store as well. I dont get it personally but its not my call.

[quote name='kitm9891']They are letting them do that at my store as well. I dont get it personally but its not my call.[/QUOTE]

I would put one of the DS Lites on layaway tomorrow for that price, but for less than that I can score a "broken" DS Lite off of ebay or craigslist & order cases from deal extreme to fix it for less than half the cost of a new one.

Plus the 3DS is right around the corner & I need to start saving my pennies for that. ;)

Although it's EXTREMELY tempting to buy the Mario DSiXL 25th Anniversary bundle.

I can't wait to see what deals SHC has in store for us in the coming weeks. I'm off the coupon train currently looking to pick up a few more of this years titles for a sweet price.

I braved the most horrible retail experiences of my life today trying to find a copy of Mass Effect 2 at two different K-Marts in SoCal. I've had experience working several Black Fridays at Best Buy years ago and I'm just baffled at how unbelievably disorganized K-Mart's system is for helping customers in the electronics department. I almost felt the need to ask if they could open the games cases just so I could alphabetize the games for them. It's no wonder these stores are still trying to sell 5yr old games for full MSRP, everything's sooo disorganized that it takes 5yrs to find anything.

Zoids Assault for $59.99 is the funniest shit I've ever seen!

*END RANT/END EVER TRYING TO SHOP AT K-MART*

[quote name='thegreek']Has SHC helped anyone get the second $10 on DKCR??[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I still haven't heard anything from Kmart after the initial response from Josh.

I had a good experience at Kmart in Santa Barbara today. Thank you Cristina for going above and beyond to help me out.
I was able to grab a copy of GT5 and ME2 w/ 1600 MS point card. It did take a while for one of the reps to find a copy of GT5 in the back (none were in the display case). While one rep looked for GT5, Cristina opened the game case and let me look for ME2 (it was buried behind some of the newer releases). They had many 1600 Points cards.
Once I went to ring up, I let Cristina know what to expect ($25 gaming coupon for GT5 and $10 off for ME2/1600 MS points). She said that someone else also got the $25 coupons for GT5, but was surprised (and even cheered me on for saving money) for the $10 off.
Also, they had most every other hot gaming item (DKCR, colored Wiis and DSis, NFS, NBA Jam HD, AC:B, etc.), but I only wanted those two deals.
I might go back for Disney Epic Mickey.

Anyways, thanks Kmartgamer and to my local kmart!
Complete win!
Cheers!

[quote name='FlyinBurritoMan']I had a good experience at Kmart in Santa Barbara today. Thank you Cristina for going above and beyond to help me out.
I was able to grab a copy of GT5 and ME2 w/ 1600 MS point card. It did take a while for one of the reps to find a copy of GT5 in the back (none were in the display case). While one rep looked for GT5, Cristina opened the game case and let me look for ME2 (it was buried behind some of the newer releases). They had many 1600 Points cards.
Once I went to ring up, I let Cristina know what to expect ($25 gaming coupon for GT5 and $10 off for ME2/1600 MS points). She said that someone else also got the $25 coupons for GT5, but was surprised (and even cheered me on for saving money) for the $10 off.
Also, they had most every other hot gaming item (DKCR, colored Wiis and DSis, NFS, NBA Jam HD, AC:B, etc.), but I only wanted those two deals.
I might go back for Disney Epic Mickey.

Anyways, thanks Kmartgamer and to my local kmart!
Complete win!
Cheers![/QUOTE]

Santa Barbara has a K-mart? I was born and raised in SB unless you mean Goleta

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']I braved the most horrible retail experiences of my life today trying to find a copy of Mass Effect 2 at two different K-Marts in SoCal. I've had experience working several Black Fridays at Best Buy years ago and I'm just baffled at how unbelievably disorganized K-Mart's system is for helping customers in the electronics department. I almost felt the need to ask if they could open the games cases just so I could alphabetize the games for them. It's no wonder these stores are still trying to sell 5yr old games for full MSRP, everything's sooo disorganized that it takes 5yrs to find anything.

Zoids Assault for $59.99 is the funniest shit I've ever seen!

*END RANT/END EVER TRYING TO SHOP AT K-MART*[/QUOTE]

I think it's funny that you have experience working retail, yet you take the prices listed on the game at face value. You should know that price updates depend on whether or not workers are lazy. It could be priced $59.99 and scan at $4.99. It's also awesome that you posted here just to try to start a Best Buy vs. K-Mart, you're cool like it's 1999.

No one's heard anything from Josh because he had a root canal Wednesday and probably spent some time with his family over the holidays. He'll get back to us when he can, you know he will.

[quote name='likeme']Santa Barbara has a K-mart? I was born and raised in SB unless you mean Goleta[/QUOTE]

Yes, when I say Santa Barbara, I really meant Goleta. But People know of Santa Barbara and throw questions marks all over the place when I say Goleta. So it's just easier to say Santa Barbara for the masses.
FYI, I live in Goleta and love it here, so there's no disrespect.

What I'm hoping for is deals on the Wii versions of Call of Duty games.

World at War and Modern Warfare Reflex especially. $27 for a year old port of a 3 year old game was not a deal to me at Target, but using gaming coupons for it at $30 would be awesome.

[quote name='ssr']You got NBA Jam already at Kmart? I thought it wouldn't hit until Friday? Now I'm half tempted to head to my store right now.

I wouldn't have any problem with returning the game and rebuying it for the coupon. That's not something that makes me mad. I get all my receipts mailed to me (which includes the gaming coupon) and I get all of them printed off at the register. Never had a problem with getting both. I just delete the emailed receipts...I wonder if there is a way to turn them off altogether cause I find them annoying.[/QUOTE]
My Kmart was in utter shambles during Black Friday. Anyway, I had never been prompted to receive digital receipts until today when I was asked to opt-in due to some promotion, where between now until the end of December, I get 2x SYWR points.

Has anyone else received this? I'm not sure if this is a general promotion, or if it's unique to people who register for it. Heck, I'm still unsure what I opted-in for.

sadboy -

Josh has said in the past that getting those digital receipts is a bad idea because many cashiers will reject your gaming coupons if they were printed from online. I would try to change that.

yea black friday was a bust it was way to crowded and all the deals were gone and it smelled like B.O. Now that im on cag i dont need black friday anymore there is black friday deals everyday if you know where to look

I didn't go out to K-Mart Black Friday but had a friend who did. He said it took him about 15 minutes to park and get into the store (once there). There were over 200 people waiting for electronics, so he was about to leave.

Turns out they were waiting for TVs, consoles etc. As he just wanted games, the employees let him skip the line, get what he needed and get right out in under 5 minutes.

He got the $34.99 Dragon Age Ultimate, and grabbed me a $34.99 Fallout New Vegas. So it seems to have gone pretty smooth here at least.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']I braved the most horrible retail experiences of my life today trying to find a copy of Mass Effect 2 at two different K-Marts in SoCal. I've had experience working several Black Fridays at Best Buy years ago and I'm just baffled at how unbelievably disorganized K-Mart's system is for helping customers in the electronics department. I almost felt the need to ask if they could open the games cases just so I could alphabetize the games for them. It's no wonder these stores are still trying to sell 5yr old games for full MSRP, everything's sooo disorganized that it takes 5yrs to find anything.

*END RANT/END EVER TRYING TO SHOP AT K-MART*[/QUOTE]

This is why I didn't even bother with KMart on Black Friday. They're so disorganized on a normal day I didn't even want to imagine what it would've been like yesterday!

[quote name='JKSonic']This is why I didn't even bother with KMart on Black Friday. They're so disorganized on a normal day I didn't even want to imagine what it would've been like yesterday![/QUOTE]

I managed to get a copy of the game + 1600 points. I did have to wait in line for 1.5 hours while they checked people out one at a time (line went half-way through the store to buy stuff in electronics and one person was manning the register). It was pretty much the least efficient use of labor I have ever seen at a retail store. Still, just getting both of those for $20 made it worth the wait.

I went to the Kmart in Cromwell,CT Wednesday and Thursday this week for GT5 and they said it never arrived. On Thursday someone said it should arrive next Tuesday does that mean I can't get the $25 gaming coupon ?

Went to kmart near portsmouth ohio around 6pm friday.
Busy busy. I somehow found ME2 and points.
I didnt mention the deal. Everything rang up as it should.
Even used a $10 of coupon without hassel.
I think i bought the last copy ME2, so yay me!
Only bad part was the 5 year old screaming bloody murder
because her mom wouldnt buy her candy.

[quote name='sadboy']My Kmart was in utter shambles during Black Friday. Anyway, I had never been prompted to receive digital receipts until today when I was asked to opt-in due to some promotion, where between now until the end of December, I get 2x SYWR points.

Has anyone else received this? I'm not sure if this is a general promotion, or if it's unique to people who register for it. Heck, I'm still unsure what I opted-in for.[/QUOTE]

That 2x SYWR points promo had nothing to do with opting for digital receipts. They sent out an e-mail regarding the promo on Thursday. Any SYWR member who shopped at Kmart on BF will receive double points through the end of the year. Shopping at Sears on Thanksgiving Day or BF also qualified you for the promo. Good luck using that coupon.

I was able to get the 1600 pt card with ME 2 no problems in South St. Louis County.

Here were the problems though (if I was shopping for these)

No GT5, Splatterhouse (either system), or AC: Brotherhood on 360 on the shelf nor any placeholder for them. I have a feeling Namco Bandai is going to be pissed as I'm sure Josh had to make concessions to get the $30 gaming coupon and it seems like 75% of KMart's didn't stock the game even though they received it.

I'm sure Sony's not happy either as it seems 50% of KMart's didn't put GT 5 on the shelf and the ones that did were only mainly because of CAG's getting people to search the back room for them.

Going to be interesting to see if people get back on the coupon train as starting mid-January, there's a major release every week or every other week.

[quote name='typical guy']I managed to get a copy of the game + 1600 points. I did have to wait in line for 1.5 hours while they checked people out one at a time (line went half-way through the store to buy stuff in electronics and one person was manning the register). It was pretty much the least efficient use of labor I have ever seen at a retail store. Still, just getting both of those for $20 made it worth the wait.[/QUOTE]I don't know if $20 is worth a 1.5 hour wait (the difference between BF and buying either one w/ an Epic Mickey coupon)*

*I would have gone to KMart if they had one in the city I was in for Thanksgiving.

[quote name='thegreek']Has SHC helped anyone get the second $10 on DKCR??[/QUOTE]

He helped me - he sent my problem to a different department and they called Wednesday and left a message but left no phone number to contact them at (I had to laugh at that.)

The guy left another message Friday, but since I'm working during their same business hours I had no time to call them back (at least he left a number this time) The last time I had a problem with a coupon not printing, I got the option to email the lady handling it, which made things go real smooth, but on the message the guy insists I call him to "verify my address and to explain the situation where I did not receive my $10 coupon."

Well... that's why I contacted Josh in the first place, and my address was already sent to this guy since Josh has it. Not sure what he means by "explaining the situation." I guess I'll find out.

I'll try and get a hold of him Monday if I get a chance.

If you haven't heard back I'd cut Josh some slack though - it's a holiday week and didn't he just have dental work done or something? At least that's what some other poster has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back