Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serpentor']Can someone post the list of Sonic games qualify for the free Sonic figures? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Here are the ones I remember:

Sonic Unleashed
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic Rush
Sonic Classics Collection (DS)
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection
Sonic and the Secret Rings (maybe, not sure)

[quote name='gauu']can SOMEONE answer my question please is their any link showing this coupon or is it just auto applied on checkout or something?? when i check out my cart for the collectors of epic mickey it just says ill get a 15$ coupon not 30$. i want to try and price match this with amazon but need to see the 30$ atm they will price match the 15$.[/QUOTE]

Kmart does not publish these deals in their ad in part to avoid things like this.

Why would Kmart like to make it easier for you to go to a competitor? You won't be able to work this, just pick it up at the retailer offering the deal.

Has anyone had trouble using your points? Have mine from the Black Ops deal...i signed up for the club online and havent recived my card...have logged online and they show the points..but when they pull up my account using my phone number or email address they insist i cant use them wihout the card..is this true?

[quote name='brandonandtiff']Here are the ones I remember:

Sonic Unleashed
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic Rush
Sonic Classics Collection (DS)
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection
Sonic and the Secret Rings (maybe, not sure)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I might check out the games... Nothing much from K-mart this week, kind of quiet. I'm not buying anymore Wii games, so no Epic Mickey for me (couldn't they make it for the Move too?).

Anyway, I wonder if K-mart got any good sales this week? Borderland GotY for $30 maybe?

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Only games I know of on sale is the Golden Sun/DQ9 deal.

Epic Mickey isn't on sale but a $20 coupon does print out for the normal edition & a $30 one for the collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

hmm, well I guess I know how I'm going to utilize my $25 coupon then.

[quote name='sotb_96']Has anyone had trouble using your points? Have mine from the Black Ops deal...i signed up for the club online and havent recived my card...have logged online and they show the points..but when they pull up my account using my phone number or email address they insist i cant use them wihout the card..is this true?[/QUOTE]

Not true... I still haven't receive the official card, I used my printout paper card just fine (get the points and redeem points).

[quote name='gauu']well thats the other thing i dont even see the 30$ in my cart at all. is it something they mail you down the road then???[/QUOTE]

Not all these deals are online too. If you look on the product listing page it should tell you if there is a gaming coupon on it or not. Otherwise typically it's in store only.

Anyone have any suggestions for good PS3 deals this week? Are there many games in the $39.99 range? I see that Fight Lights Out hasn't been well received, so that is too bad.

[quote name='ncfoster']Anyone have any suggestions for good PS3 deals this week? Are there many games in the $39.99 range? I see that Fight Lights Out hasn't been well received, so that is too bad.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, looking for good deals this week. Well, let's see what games are available, I haven't visit the local K-mart over the weekend (didn't shop at all over the BF weekend).

Is SHC-Gamer backed up on emails? I bought NBA Jam last week and did not receive a coupon. I emailed him about it I think last Tuesday and still have not received a response. Last time I received a response right away. I know with the holiday and all he might just be backed up. Just annoying that I even have to do an extra step like this and now wait for a response because nobody in the store could help me.

Yeah. A few pages back he said he should be caught up by tomorrow or so. He was traveling yesterday I believe so he was barely going to get started replying today.

[quote name='ncfoster']Anyone have any suggestions for good PS3 deals this week? Are there many games in the $39.99 range? I see that Fight Lights Out hasn't been well received, so that is too bad.[/QUOTE]
That's where you're wrong.

Reviews--not so much...but on those same review sites, look at the public review scores...overwhelmingly glowing.

The game is true perfect 1:1 with body and head tracking. It's AMAZING.

wow had a horrid time with the new SYWR rules......went to buy GT5 on Saturday....the store had a copy.....used my $30 coupon and bought the game...I had forgotten about the new rule & also to use my SYWR card.....no coupon printed out....so went back to customer service and told them no coupon printed out....they check the weekly AD (it was not in the ad as the game came out on the 24th).....then i suddenly remembered about the new restrictions....then told them to rerun the transaction again...but now using my card.....they would not do that...then had to wait for 15 minutes for another lady...then she agreed to do so.....cancelled it and rerun again using my card this time....but still no coupon....I was so dissapointed...told them thank you and started walking out of the store...when suddenly the lady called out to me and said the coupon was printing :)....so in the end got my coupon after 45 minutes......but pissed off at this stupid use your card for the coupon...it is really lame Josh...and I have no intentions to scam the system :)...is it still in effect??

[quote name='harish7447']wow had a horrid time with the new SYWR rules......went to buy GT5 on Saturday....the store had a copy.....used my $30 coupon and bought the game...I had forgotten about the new rule & also to use my SYWR card.....no coupon printed out....so went back to customer service and told them no coupon printed out....they check the weekly AD (it was not in the ad as the game came out on the 24th).....then i suddenly remembered about the new restrictions....then told them to rerun the transaction again...but now using my card.....they would not do that...then had to wait for 15 minutes for another lady...then she agreed to do so.....cancelled it and rerun again using my card this time....but still no coupon....I was so dissapointed...told them thank you and started walking out of the store...when suddenly the lady called out to me and said the coupon was printing :)....so in the end got my coupon after 45 minutes......but pissed off at this stupid use your card for the coupon...it is really lame Josh...and I have no intentions to scam the system :)...is it still in effect??[/QUOTE]
It's in effect for the few games listed...relax.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Is it possible to buy two PSN cards and get the coupon?[/QUOTE]
It does say "gaming software" so who knows.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Is it possible to buy two PSN cards and get the coupon?[/QUOTE]

What part of "Gaming Software" don't you understand? :bomb:

[quote name='FINALBOSS']It does say "gaming software" so who knows.[/QUOTE]
Lol So I'm guessing yes because it would be terrible to buy the cards and get no coupon out of it.

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']Hello, I live in philadelphia as well. The K-MART on 300 Orthodox Street is constantly stocked with new releases and the CE'S of them, and they have great customer service. ^_^[/QUOTE]

ok....that's the northeast.....i will try that the next go round for tron. thanks for the post lord fitz chivarlry

[quote name='FINALBOSS']That's where you're wrong.

Reviews--not so much...but on those same review sites, look at the public review scores...overwhelmingly glowing.

The game is true perfect 1:1 with body and head tracking. It's AMAZING.[/QUOTE]

Strongly disagree. I bought this day one and it is not even close to 1:1, even with two remotes. It has about 2-3 hours of replay value making it a good sub-$20 game. User reviews on Metacritic can sometimes be helpful, but in this case, if you read them, they all appear to be written by inarticulate little kids. This is one which is a wait for $20 or less purchase.

[quote name='harish7447']wow had a horrid time with the new SYWR rules......went to buy GT5 on Saturday....the store had a copy.....used my $30 coupon and bought the game...I had forgotten about the new rule & also to use my SYWR card.....no coupon printed out....so went back to customer service and told them no coupon printed out....they check the weekly AD (it was not in the ad as the game came out on the 24th).....then i suddenly remembered about the new restrictions....then told them to rerun the transaction again...but now using my card.....they would not do that...then had to wait for 15 minutes for another lady...then she agreed to do so.....cancelled it and rerun again using my card this time....but still no coupon....I was so dissapointed...told them thank you and started walking out of the store...when suddenly the lady called out to me and said the coupon was printing :)....so in the end got my coupon after 45 minutes......but pissed off at this stupid use your card for the coupon...it is really lame Josh...and I have no intentions to scam the system :)...is it still in effect??[/QUOTE]
Well, I agree. We tested it out and it looks like it is a little uneven for continued use. Half of the emails I have received are from people who had their card and the coupon didn't print. I'm not going to make this restriction for at least in the short term going forward.

FYI - It looks like I am a few hundred customer emails in the hole. To help expedite the process (I'll update the OP) when requesting compensation for a coupon issue please provide the following:

Your phone number and mailing address.

P.S. I saw a bunch of Donkey Kong Country emails come through after Wed. which was technically the end of the circular promotion of the initial $10 coup. I'll do my best to help here but wanted to call out why the coupon didn't print.

[quote name='bojay1997']Strongly disagree. I bought this day one and it is not even close to 1:1, even with two remotes. It has about 2-3 hours of replay value making it a good sub-$20 game. User reviews on Metacritic can sometimes be helpful, but in this case, if you read them, they all appear to be written by inarticulate little kids. This is one which is a wait for $20 or less purchase.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZAPb8ZK4o

Nuff' said.

Did you even bother raising your stats or anything? The game blows until you actually hit the gym...

Give SHC a few days to catch up, it's been an insanely busy week.

Also, this is absolutely the best statement/response I have ever seen on CAG.

[quote name='Haggar']I never shop at Kmart. Like, ever. My local store is dirty & disorganized and and most of the employees aren't very helpful.[/quote]

[quote name='vlv723']Well you are the Mayor and live in Metro City which is overrun by the Mad Gear gang.[/quote]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
FYI - It looks like I am a few hundred customer emails in the hole. To help expedite the process (I'll update the OP) when requesting compensation for a coupon issue please provide the following:

.[/QUOTE]

Is there any e-mail support for when we get contacted regarding a coupon issue? The CS guy has called me and left a number because he wants to "discuss the issue and verify my address" but I don't really have access to the phone while at work and once I do get off work, it's too late to call. It would be a lot easier to fire off an email and say, yep that's my address, thanks rather than a phone call where I'm not sure how long I'll need to take to make it happen.

The last time this happened, I was able to shoot off an email and it got taken care of (eventually), is that not standard procedure? Or did he just forget to leave an email address?

Oh great Josh ur back, when you get a chance please call kmart 3990 in NJ to tell the manager that HE IS CRAZY to not be accepting coupons on psn cards.

[quote name='animalspinners']Is there any e-mail support for when we get contacted regarding a coupon issue? The CS guy has called me and left a number because he wants to "discuss the issue and verify my address" but I don't really have access to the phone while at work and once I do get off work, it's too late to call. It would be a lot easier to fire off an email and say, yep that's my address, thanks rather than a phone call where I'm not sure how long I'll need to take to make it happen.

The last time this happened, I was able to shoot off an email and it got taken care of (eventually), is that not standard procedure? Or did he just forget to leave an email address?[/QUOTE]
We're changing the system for the better going forward. I am going to be able to issue gift cards directly due to the volume of the emails I receive.

To do this I only need what you said, mailing address and phone number. This is new though so any past issues would have to be squared away via call with the CS team.

Does anyone know the barcode number for the NFS Hot Pursuit $25 gaming coupon? I tried to use the $20 coupon that printed by mistake instead of the $25 when it first came out, but it was not redeemable. I was wondering if it showed up as $25 discount because my purchase of Kingdom Hearts BBS($39.99) and Dead Space($19.99) didn't qualify. I used a $20, $15, and $20 coupon for my purchase which should qualify. The cashier at electronics wouldn't check my last $20 coupon that was not redeemable for some reason in another transaction as the other two(15 and 20) had been entered.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We're changing the system for the better going forward. I am going to be able to issue gift cards directly due to the volume of the emails I receive.

To do this I only need what you said, mailing address and phone number. This is new though so any past issues would have to be squared away via call with the CS team.[/QUOTE]

That works out a lot better, so I'm happy for that change.

I guess I'll have to find the time today to give him a call, then.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZAPb8ZK4o

Nuff' said.

Did you even bother raising your stats or anything? The game blows until you actually hit the gym...[/QUOTE]

That video does not show true 1:1 tracking. There is still lag. Like I said, I was very disappointed I paid full price, so everyone can make up their own mind, but the game is not worth $40 in my opinion and I feel most of the professional reviews are right on target.

[quote name='litobirdy']Oh great Josh ur back, when you get a chance please call kmart 3990 in NJ to tell the manager that HE IS CRAZY to not be accepting coupons on psn cards.[/QUOTE]
Sent a note to ops to follow up with the store, let me know if they don't allow it within a few days.

oh yea, Modern Warfare Collection is still on clearance for 44.99. I used one of my 20 dollars coupon on it and it printed out a 15 dollar coupon with no problem.

[quote name='DJP519']Is Kmart carrying :360: Monopoly Streets or :360: Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be "that guy" and bump my own thread, but just looking for confirmation, because this thread moves fast. I don't recall seeing new release promotions for these two titles, so I'm guessing that Kmart is not stocking them?

Thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

[/QUOTE]

So send you another e-mail with my mailing address? Because there are more issues I experienced than the coupon not printing out.

[quote name='DJP519']Sorry to be "that guy" and bump my own thread, but just looking for confirmation, because this thread moves fast. I don't recall seeing new release promotions for these two titles, so I'm guessing that Kmart is not stocking them?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Nada, sorry.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nada, sorry.[/QUOTE]

No problem. They're both budget titles anyway. I might have picked them up with the current promotion, but it's no big deal. Thanks for answering!

Hey, SHC, I just saw that my Kmart still has a preorder of Epic Mickey, will the $15 off coupon still print with it if I buy the preorder today? Thanks.

[quote name='vlv723']So send you another e-mail with my mailing address? Because there are more issues I experienced than the coupon not printing out.[/QUOTE]
I definitely recommend including an address on every issue forwarded to save time if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZAPb8ZK4o
[quote name='bojay1997']That video does not show true 1:1 tracking. There is still lag. Like I said, I was very disappointed I paid full price, so everyone can make up their own mind, but the game is not worth $40 in my opinion and I feel most of the professional reviews are right on target.[/QUOTE]

The video shows the same amount of response time as you would from pushing a button in a normal video game. Going out of your way to still say the game lacks accuracy after what this video just showed... Looks more like you are doing damage control just to save your own ego.

And thanks FINALBOSS for posting the vid to clear things up.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Going to go try to buy 3 Sonic games in the same transaction, hoping to get 3 figurines free along with a gaming coupon to spit out in the end.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, please post of your finding, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back