Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gacktplays']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZAPb8ZK4o

The video shows the same amount of response time as you would from pushing a button in a normal video game. Going out of your way to still say the game lacks accuracy after what this video just showed... Looks more like you are doing damage control just to save your own ego.

And thanks FINALBOSS for posting the vid to clear things up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Serpentor']Thanks for the vid on The Fight, I might pick it up, the dude did nice job demonstrating the moves, I think I can handle that :)[/QUOTE]

Ya, no problem guys. There's tons of videos out there like that. The problem people are having with the game is because they either a. didn't bother calibrating the Move or b. didn't bother leveling up their character in the gym

[quote name='gacktplays']

The video shows the same amount of response time as you would from pushing a button in a normal video game. Going out of your way to still say the game lacks accuracy after what this video just showed... Looks more like you are doing damage control just to save your own ego.

And thanks FINALBOSS for posting the vid to clear things up.[/QUOTE]

Has zero to do with my ego. It has everything to do with the fact that I own the game and can say with 100% certainty that it is not 1:1. Even the video shows clear lag. Notice how slowly the player has to make some of the moves? That's because if you punch in real time, the game won't register a good percentage of the time. Tracking arm movements is not the same as collision detection. It's just like in a lot of Wii games, the on-screen tracking seems 1:1 if you are standing and watching someone else play, but once you actually grab the remote and play yourself, you realize the movement doesn't always translate as quickly or accurately as it seems like it should. You are free to buy what you want, but this is a $20 or less game not something you should be paying $30 to own in my opinion. There is a reason it was universally panned by the critics. If it was any good, at least one legitimate review site would have posted a positive review. Are you claiming IGN, Game Informer, Eurogamer, Edge, Joystiq and every single other major legitimate magazine or website conspired to give extremely low scores to this "amazing" game? Give me a break. As for having to calibrate and go to the gym, that's what the apoligists for Tony Hawk Ride tried to claim as well. I have put several hours into the game and it doesn't get better.

Hey Josh, I had a quick question regarding one of the current deals I see you're running:

• $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ with exception of the Epic Mickey offer

Does the $39.99 count before or after coupons? Like, say I wanted to use a $25 coupon to buy Sonic Colors for the Wii (which should drop the price to $25), will the $15 coupon still print out because the original price was $50, or will it not because the new price is $25? Also, do you know how long this offer will be running for?

Sorry if you've already answered this question and I missed it.

I stopped by a Kmart on Black Friday and another customer said, "wow there are more people in Kmart today than the rest of the year combined." I couldn't help but laugh because of how true it is. Kmarts are always deserted.

Anyway, hoping to see some new offers after 12/7.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Hey Josh, I had a quick question regarding one of the current deals I see you're running:

• $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ with exception of the Epic Mickey offer

Does the $39.99 count before or after coupons? Like, say I wanted to use a $25 coupon to buy Sonic Colors for the Wii (which should drop the price to $25), will the $15 coupon still print out because the original price was $50, or will it not because the new price is $25? Also, do you know how long this offer will be running for?

Sorry if you've already answered this question and I missed it.[/QUOTE]
He wasnt positive yesterday if it would work, but it should be working so that any game that is initially $39.99 or above will spit out the $15 coupon, regardless if you use a coupon on the purchase or not.

The deal goes through Saturday the 4th.

[quote name='bojay1997']Has zero to do with my ego. It has everything to do with the fact that I own the game and can say with 100% certainty that it is not 1:1. Even the video shows clear lag. Notice how slowly the player has to make some of the moves? That's because if you punch in real time, the game won't register a good percentage of the time. Tracking arm movements is not the same as collision detection. It's just like in a lot of Wii games, the on-screen tracking seems 1:1 if you are standing and watching someone else play, but once you actually grab the remote and play yourself, you realize the movement doesn't always translate as quickly or accurately as it seems like it should. You are free to buy what you want, but this is a $20 or less game not something you should be paying $30 to own in my opinion. There is a reason it was universally panned by the critics. If it was any good, at least one legitimate review site would have posted a positive review. Are you claiming IGN, Game Informer, Eurogamer, Edge, Joystiq and every single other major legitimate magazine or website conspired to give extremely low scores to this "amazing" game? Give me a break. As for having to calibrate and go to the gym, that's what the apoligists for Tony Hawk Ride tried to claim as well. I have put several hours into the game and it doesn't get better.[/QUOTE]
Well all the readers seem to disagree with you because their scores are always in the 8s and 9s. So let's just leave it at that.

I wish NFL Training Camp would end up with some sort of deal. I've been wanting to use some coupons on it, but I'm not sure if it'll drop price or not. What do you guys think? Get it this week with the $15 off or wait for a price drop?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I definitely recommend including an address on every issue forwarded to save time if possible.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh for taking care of the issues!

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Well all the readers seem to disagree with you because their scores are always in the 8s and 9s. So let's just leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

Right, because I'm sure nobody from Sony PR or the development team flooded the sites with those reviews? A game with all positive reviews from gamers raises a ton of red flags and is more likely than not the result of PR departments and the developer as opposed to legitimate users. If there are oither actual CAG owners of this game, I would love to hear their opinions as you and I obviously disagree with each other and there is no resolving that gap.

ok guys seriously can we stop talkin about reviews of a game, way too many posts on that, lets concentrate on that this trhead is about please.

[quote name='litobirdy']ok guys seriously can we stop talkin about reviews of a game, way too many posts on that, lets concentrate on that this trhead is about please.[/QUOTE]

Yes guys lets get back to asking questions that can be easily answered by reading the OP or by using the handy dandy search function.

Sorry couldn't resist.

[quote name='litobirdy']ok guys seriously can we stop talkin about reviews of a game, way too many posts on that, lets concentrate on that this trhead is about please.[/QUOTE]
Shut up.

My Dad said Kmart/Sears lost like 627 million last quarter.

That, coupled with the train of gift card/credit deals they have worries me. It smacks of Circuit City before they closed.

Enjoy the deals while they have them folks, before long, you might be shopping for end or store closings at Kmart.

They have some great deals and a great selection of games, but I personally never shop at Kmart anymore. I know a few of my friends don't either, despite their deals, because there aren't any in their neck of the woods.

[quote name='2DMention']My Dad said Kmart/Sears lost like 627 million last quarter.

That, coupled with the train of gift card/credit deals they have worries me. It smacks of Circuit City before they closed.

Enjoy the deals while they have them folks, before long, you might be shopping for end or store closings at Kmart.

They have some great deals and a great selection of games, but I personally never shop at Kmart anymore. I know a few of my friends don't either, despite their deals, because there aren't any in their neck of the woods.[/QUOTE]

You stay classy. They ain't going anywhere. Speaking of which, anyone remember Montgomery Ward? :lol:

Can someone tell me why I was told at the store the coupon was for $15? What is this $20 the OP speaks of? Does the $5 down count or something?

Second, what are the Epic Mickey paint brushes? Please tell me they weren't supposed to come with a pre-order, because they didn't have any more when I pre-ordered today.

Better indiacator direct from the Sears/Kmart holdins site Third quarter report.
"We had cash balances of $806 million at October 30, 2010 ($521 million
domestic and $285 million at Sears Canada), as compared to balances of $1.5
billion at October 31, 2009 and $1.7 billion at January 30, 2010."

ive got 2 questions, sorry if they were asked already, i havnt read through the 194 pages of this thread lol.

1. for the 15 dollar coupon for 39.99+, is that for single item price, or total, like buy 2 ds games at 20 each totaling 40 i would be able to get the coupon.

2. for coupons you get, i assume its not possible to go back the date the coupon is activated and use it on your already bought games, it has to be on future purchases?

Went to two separate K-Marts today looking for Golden Sun. Neither had them in the case and when I asked about it, the lady at the first one was all "WHO?!" I said.. "Golden.. Sun.. Dark... Dawn.. It came out today." She goes to look at the ad and points out that it won't be available to Wednesday, without even bothering to try to find it. The second one I didn't even bother to ask because there was quite a line and didn't feel like waiting.

Also Josh, I was wondering if there was anything you could do about my local K-Mart specifically. They NEVER have their games out on release day and when I showed up on Saturday I was greeted by that same lady I saw today. I was there to pick up the DS Lite for 90$ and got there at 6 AM sharp. There were no DS Lites in the case and when I went to ask her about it she just shrugged and said "If it's not in the case then we don't have it." Like today, she didn't even bother to try and look if they had any in the back or anything like that. It is the K-mart in Griffith, Indiana but I'm not sure how to obtain the store number # but it is the one in Griffith, Indiana. If I run into that lady one more time, I just will not even bother stepping foot in there again >_>

[quote name='FINALBOSS']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZAPb8ZK4o

Nuff' said.

Did you even bother raising your stats or anything? The game blows until you actually hit the gym...[/QUOTE]

Sold. I was actually already sold based on public reception (i'd known it was getting better reviews publicly before you even posted) but this youtube video was the deal sealer. too bad i have enough sony points to get it for free from them, because really, i want to use it for the coupon train... but my wife would kill me, lol.

PS -- to the guy that said that isn't 1 to 1, what video are you watching? that's about as close to 1 to 1 you'll ever see, since some minute amount of lag will always exist due to processing... but yea, that video shows amazing tracking -- really, really impressive.

[quote name='warmsignal']Can someone tell me why I was told at the store the coupon was for $15? What is this $20 the OP speaks of? Does the $5 down count or something?

Second, what are the Epic Mickey paint brushes? Please tell me they weren't supposed to come with a pre-order, because they didn't have any more when I pre-ordered today.[/QUOTE]
You get a $20 coupon that prints when you buy Epic Mickey the regular edition, or a $30 coupon that prints when you buy the Collector's Edition.

The Paintbrush Nunchuk is just like a regular Wii Nunchuk, except much more awesome.

No, the box for $5 that printed the $15 coupon does not count. That was just you buying an empty Wii game case for $5, and getting a $15 coupon.

Interesting, Dragon Quest IX is 29.99 on the site-- only sale. Is it on sale in store? It ultimately only equates to a 2.50 savings if you're buying Golden Sun, but still 2.50 is 2.50

Hey guys I read some of the last post and it looks like people is already using their Epic Mickey coupon. Am sure the date valid is 11/28 - 12/11 am just trying to clarify because there might have been a mistake with the date of the coupon.

[quote name='2DMention']My Dad said Kmart/Sears lost like 627 million last quarter.

They have some great deals and a great selection of games, but I personally never shop at Kmart anymore. I know a few of my friends don't either, despite their deals, because there aren't any in their neck of the woods.[/QUOTE]

It was actually 292 million in the last quarter. The fourth quarter is always the strongest, so they'll be just fine...for a while.

[quote name='Konflictd']Hey guys I read some of the last post and it looks like people is already using their Epic Mickey coupon. Am sure the date valid is 11/28 - 12/11 am just trying to clarify because there might have been a mistake with the date of the coupon.[/QUOTE]
It's 11/29 buddy.!

[quote name='dino88']If it's the same as the Fallout coaster deal, which I assume it is, the last day the coupons will print will be the day before Mickey's release. The coupons are valid from 11/28-12/11.

You should be able to find them with the rest of the PS3 accessories.[/QUOTE]
my bad dino88 not bashing or anything just using you as source lol but it looks like some people got misprinted coupons like me. Am sure mines said 11/28

[quote name='Altanis']You get a $20 coupon that prints when you buy Epic Mickey the regular edition, or a $30 coupon that prints when you buy the Collector's Edition.

The Paintbrush Nunchuk is just like a regular Wii Nunchuk, except much more awesome.

No, the box for $5 that printed the $15 coupon does not count. That was just you buying an empty Wii game case for $5, and getting a $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Waoh, so what I bought wasn't like a pre-order where that $5 is down on the total when it releases? They said "yeah" when I asked them about a pre-order. So then, it's really like just 10$ off for buying an empty box?

[quote name='warmsignal']Waoh, so what I bought wasn't like a pre-order where that $5 is down on the total when it releases? They said "yeah" when I asked them about a pre-order.[/QUOTE]
lol they were just assuming.

You were buying a 15.00 coupon for 5.00. Which isn't a bad deal at all. But that's all it ever was.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It was actually 292 million in the last quarter. The fourth quarter is always the strongest, so they'll be just fine...for a while.[/QUOTE]
Just a quick comment. Kmart performed very well. Sears is where the losses happened.

From a gaming perspective we are in the midst of our best year ever. Also, our cash/debt ratio is incredibly strong, much better than even our competition. The SHC portfolio is very diverse and strong actually.

[quote name='thisjustanother']ive got 2 questions, sorry if they were asked already, i havnt read through the 194 pages of this thread lol.

1. for the 15 dollar coupon for 39.99+, is that for single item price, or total, like buy 2 ds games at 20 each totaling 40 i would be able to get the coupon.

2. for coupons you get, i assume its not possible to go back the date the coupon is activated and use it on your already bought games, it has to be on future purchases?[/QUOTE]

i know its wrong to reqoute oneself, but im really on the fence about this and need help.

[quote name='thisjustanother']i know its wrong to reqoute oneself, but im really on the fence about this and need help.[/QUOTE]

1 - I'm pretty sure is has to be a $40 game.

2 - I've never heard of using a coupon on something you already bought.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']$10 gaming coupon[/QUOTE]

That's awesome considering it's only a $30 game. It's even better if someone already has a coupon to use on it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']lol they were just assuming.

You were buying a 15.00 coupon for 5.00. Which isn't a bad deal at all. But that's all it ever was.[/QUOTE]

Buying a coupon? Really it's just 10$ off then, because I'm already $5 in, then it'll be $35 tomorrow I think, so that's $40.

Does my empty box purchase even guarantee me a copy from selling out? I guess not since it's no pre-order, but as far as what they told me, I have to come back tomorrow to use the coupon.

Used a ton of coupons today. Almost spent other than the two $15 ones I got from $40 purchases.

Got a few $20 titles and the undead nightmare disc. Saw Golden Sun but I've got enough DS games for now and those games are kinda slow too.

[quote name='DJP519']Is Kmart carrying :360: Monopoly Streets or :360: Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they don't carry them in store. I was hoping to get :ps3: Monopoly Streets for the $15 coupon deal but they didn't have it.

[quote name='thisjustanother']ive got 2 questions, sorry if they were asked already, i havnt read through the 194 pages of this thread lol.

1. for the 15 dollar coupon for 39.99+, is that for single item price, or total, like buy 2 ds games at 20 each totaling 40 i would be able to get the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Been covered many many times in the thread including my personal experience from last night (posted here) where I bought 3 $14.99 games, used a $15 coupon, and got a $15 coupon in return.

So that covers the 2 biggest questions that keep getting repeated:

1) It can be any combination of games as long as the total is over $39.99
2) You can use another coupon to bring the total below $39.99. As long as you original price was over $39.99 you will get the new $15 coupon

* Note, there seemed to be some trouble yesterday with people getting the coupons on Kinect games - so be careful with those.

[quote name='Konflictd']Hey guys I read some of the last post and it looks like people is already using their Epic Mickey coupon. Am sure the date valid is 11/28 - 12/11 am just trying to clarify because there might have been a mistake with the date of the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Whaa?? The coupon started 11/28, and that was yesterday. Thus, people are using them (but not on Epic Mickey itself, since it isn't out yet).

I've received a few emails about an upcoming PS3 promotion so I'll just post it here.

With every purchase of a PS3 160GB system get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the PS3 FREE.

Has anyone managed to pick up Golden Sun today? If so, did you get the $10 coupon? I'm wondering if it'll still print out today, despite the ad saying the offer is valid from 12/1 to 12/4.

[quote name='io'] Whaa?? The coupon started 11/28, and that was yesterday. Thus, people are using them (but not on Epic Mickey itself, since it isn't out yet).[/QUOTE]
Yeah i used my EM coupons yesterday but ran into a problem so I emailed josh about what happened...and he replied that the coupon might have been misprinted wrong dates so i just wanted to find out if people got different coupon dates. I know mines said 11/28 and someone replied my post saying
[quote name='Gears24']It's 11/29 buddy.![/QUOTE]

We just got back from our local KMart and we got the $15 coupon with our order. So it looks like it applies to the game's base price, not final price (so if you already have a coupon and it drops the $40+ game lower you should still get the $15 coupon anyways). The only thing that sucks is that our store was completely out of stock on the Sonic figurines. I don't suppose there's any other way to obtain one of these, is there? My sister really wanted one of those (Shadow in particular). LOL

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just a quick comment. Kmart performed very well. Sears is where the losses happened.

From a gaming perspective we are in the midst of our best year ever. Also, our cash/debt ratio is incredibly strong, much better than even our competition. The SHC portfolio is very diverse and strong actually.[/QUOTE]

Part of that diversity is owning Lands' End which has been performing very well.

Sears is not going anywhere, let alone Kmart.

Does anyone here know if Kmart carries SingStar Dance? Either stand-alone or bundled with mics? I don't think I've ever seen that game the past few times I've been in electronics...

Wow, Kmart.com could really improve their customer service software for online orders. I called and the rep said they needed my order confirmation number and that they could not look up my order with the order number from the packing slip. They shipped me the wrong item so I am guessing someone out there is missing their Barbie Preschool Teacher playset. Kmart.com's exchange process also sounds like a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back