Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']Here's to hoping that Epic Mickey is still available on Thursday when I get a chance to swing a copy of it. Here's my plan (please tell me if I am wrong):

Golden Sun Dark Dawn + Dragon Quest IX + Epic Mickey Paintbrush: $65 - $40 Wii/DKC:R coupon = $25 - $15 Coupon = $10 + tax
Net Total: $10 + tax, with a $10 coupon and $15 coupon printing out

Epic Mickey regular edition: $50 - $15 Epic Mickey box coupon = $35 - $10 DKC:R = $25 - $10 DKC:R = $15 + tax (I could use my SYWR credit to drop this to about $11)
Net Total: $15 + tax (or $10.50 + tax), with a $20 coupon printing out

SoulSilver: $40 - $15 coupon = $25 + tax
Net Total: $25 + $15 coupon printing out

Total: $50 + tax and I get $60 in coupons back.

Is there anything wrong with my math? I have a $40 coupon (Wii/DKC:R), and also the 2 $10 Donkey Kong coupons and 3 of the Epic Mickey coupons (all picked up at different Kmarts).

Also possible is me picking up any of the good Wii titles I'm missing that are $40+ (Metroid Trilogy, Zelda Twilight Princess, maybe Sonic Colors) and get $15 coupons on each of them. I hope for the sake of the Kmart cashiers that some of the Wii titles I'll be looking for are missing. This week could end up expensive at Kmart...[/QUOTE]

You failed to include the $15 you spent on the three Epic Mickey cases and the $250 you spent on DKC and a Wii. Other than that, your math is good.

[quote name='bojay1997']You failed to include the $15 you spent on the three Epic Mickey cases and the $250 you spent on DKC and a Wii. Other than that, your math is good.[/QUOTE]
How exactly am I failing to include something I've already paid for?

[quote name='ps2emotions']I can recommend muramasa it is great although I've not spent a lot of time with it I liked what I did play. Ninja gaiden sigma 2 of course, and nier. Lots of great titles out there cheap now. Makes me wonder why I insist to buy games when they come out and still not around to playing them a year later after the price has dropped 70%.[/QUOTE]
I'd recommend Muramasa for the Wii as well. I got it for $15 on Amazon, although it's $20 now. It's a quality title at a shovelware price.

[quote name='sotb_96']Omg.....after my great experience last week ( to recap : drove 45 min to Kmart on lunch break ....sent 3 different people to back to get Grand Turismo....none could find it..went back to work..came back after work..after waiting an hour fellow comes out with it....to recap..3 hours wasted not included to 45 min trips out of my way)....BUT tonight...i drive there after being at work until 730,,,,sent two people to back to get Epic Mickey because it of course was not stocked.....i know it was back there because the guy who commented when i bought the Epic Mickey 5.00 box that he saw a box full of em..this was the 24th....of course they claim they couldnt find them..even though this crap is featured big time in sale paper..so im out of 90 minutes of ride time , gas, and no Epic Mickey.....i mean really...IM SO DAMN FRUSTRATED WITH THIS....SHC? THIS IS THE DUBLIN , GEORGIA 31021 KMART!! EVERY DAMN TRANSACTION HAS BEEN AN EXCERCISE IN MULTIPLE TRIPS AND AGGRAVATION grrrr I have about learned the coupons are not worth my time, gas, blood pressure, and sanity.....Have been polite to a fault but damn...calling store manager tomorrow but I know it probably won't matter SOOOOO FRUSTRATING[/QUOTE]

They make decaf now...
:whee:

[quote name='Altanis']How exactly am I failing to include something I've already paid for?[/QUOTE]

Wow, seriously? You're probably also calculating your coupons twice -- when you receive them, and when you use them.

To answer your question, if I sold you a $50 gift card for $45. You used that gift card to buy a $50 game. How much did you spend on the game? According to your logic, it was free.

And the example of counting coupons twice: You buy a $50 item and get a $30 gift card. So your math becomes $50 - $30 = $20 spent. Then you use the gift card to buy a $60 item. So your math becomes $60 - $30 = $30 spent. So you spent $50 total. Your bank account is missing $80 though.

I finally had my first not-so-good experience with KMart.

Went after work to Santa Paula, CA, and they claimed that they didn't receive any copies of Epic Mickey or the paintbrush, which I simply can't believe. I then went to Valencia, CA, and they did have the regular edition, but there weren't "any employees available" who were able to assist me with the case, so I ended up empty handed.

I usually shop in both stores in the mornings, and clearly they don't have the same caliber of employees in the evenings. I'll check back later in the week, since the deals run through Saturday.

[quote name='elessar123']Wow, seriously? You're probably also calculating your coupons twice -- when you receive them, and when you use them.

To answer your question, if I sold you a $50 gift card for $45. You used that gift card to buy a $50 game. How much did you spend on the game? According to your logic, it was free.

And the example of counting coupons twice: You buy a $50 item and get a $30 gift card. So your math becomes $50 - $30 = $20 spent. Then you use the gift card to buy a $60 item. So your math becomes $60 - $30 = $30 spent. So you spent $50 total. Your bank account is missing $80 though.[/QUOTE]

No, I get what he was saying. My point was more that I wasn't also buying $250 worth of stuff in my transaction, simply that I was buying $50 worth of stuff and getting $60 in coupons.

Your argument is basically that I said I was paying -$10 for the stuff, when that isn't the case at all (no really, please read what I posted earlier. You'll notice I said exactly what would happen: $50 out of pocket for the games and $60 in coupons). And no, I don't count things like that twice (I also never said I did, but whatever). I do however keep a nice spreadsheet with all of my gaming expenses, and detail what I get and what I use. It's really convenient too since I can keep track of what I've spent on something pretty easily. Plus it allows me to keep track of what coupons I should have, etc.

But nice try. Next time you could not assume and save yourself a lot of time. Or you could even read what I wrote and not try to tell me I'm wrong on something I haven't even addressed. It's really your choice though.

[quote name='Scorch']So if I buy the Epic Mickey CE, I'll get both the $30 gc and the $15 gc?[/QUOTE]
No, you will not. The OP even states that the Epic Mickey deal and the $15 coupon on $39.99+ are not going to stack.

That's what you were basically saying, that I was counting the coupons twice. If that's the case, then I'm paying -$10 since the cost would be $50 and I got $60 in coupons.

But alas, I'm not arguing something so pointless with you. I simply asked if there was a problem with my plan, and two people had to jump on me for not including the purchases that I got the coupons I'd be using. They're already accounted for since I paid for them already. I paid $15 for 3 empty Wii cases. I'm already using one of them to replace a shitty case I got from LameStop. Quite possibly the best $5 I ever spent. I also paid $214 for a Wii that I am using to replace one that's crapping out, and $32 (after the $20 coupon from Kirby) on Donkey Kong Country Returns, and ended up with $60 in coupons from that.

But whatever. Apparently, my plan works just fine since neither of you addressed that. Either way, I don't really care how you do math, I know what I spent and what I got back.

One final thing: Selective reading FTW, I suppose should be said. You quoted the one part of my post where the sarcasm was applied so thickly it's almost funny, while ignoring everything else. Good job.

everything went smoothly today due to a new worker at the electronic department. She actually listen to me instead of saying I'm wrong about using two coupons

got epic mickey but they said golden sun wont be on shelve till 12/1 cause their ad said so =(

Sucks but I didn't feel like arguing with the store manager. I'll just get it later

[quote name='kitm9891']Just a curiosity question but was this at the Oregon City location? I ask because my opener happens to have a brother who worked on the game down in San Antonio and when he went down there for vacation he said he toured the studio. Its the closers job to get the new releases out Monday night but now that I no longer close on Monday nights its been anything but automatic unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

It was indeed the Oregon City one! He seemed to feel the same way. He said he was really surprised the new release movies were out.

Has anyone tried buying Singstar + dance bundle this week? I'm not sure if it will print out a coupon as I know it is supposed to be software only and the bundle comes with 2 mics. I'll get one if a coupon prints out.

[quote name='Altanis']Here's to hoping that Epic Mickey is still available on Thursday when I get a chance to swing a copy of it. Here's my plan (please tell me if I am wrong):

Golden Sun Dark Dawn + Dragon Quest IX + Epic Mickey Paintbrush: $65 - $40 Wii/DKC:R coupon = $25 - $15 Coupon = $10 + tax
Net Total: $10 + tax, with a $10 coupon and $15 coupon printing out

Epic Mickey regular edition: $50 - $15 Epic Mickey box coupon = $35 - $10 DKC:R = $25 - $10 DKC:R = $15 + tax (I could use my SYWR credit to drop this to about $11)
Net Total: $15 + tax (or $10.50 + tax), with a $20 coupon printing out

SoulSilver: $40 - $15 coupon = $25 + tax
Net Total: $25 + $15 coupon printing out

Total: $50 + tax and I get $60 in coupons back.

Is there anything wrong with my math? I have a $40 coupon (Wii/DKC:R), and also the 2 $10 Donkey Kong coupons and 3 of the Epic Mickey coupons (all picked up at different Kmarts).

Also possible is me picking up any of the good Wii titles I'm missing that are $40+ (Metroid Trilogy, Zelda Twilight Princess, maybe Sonic Colors) and get $15 coupons on each of them. I hope for the sake of the Kmart cashiers that some of the Wii titles I'll be looking for are missing. This week could end up expensive at Kmart...[/QUOTE]

Hm... Total: $305 + tax ($5 Epic Mickey Box, $200 Wii, $50 Donkey Kong Country, $50 of spending there) and you get $60 in coupons back.

I have no idea why everyone fails to include the original purchases that started this gravy train of coupons. Those count towards you total spent too. As cool as it sounds saying you spent $50 to get $60 in coupons, it just doesn't work that way.

A couple of complete noob questions:

What is CAG?
Do I need any coupon to get a $30 coupon from purchasing Epic Micky CE?

Thanks, PM would be awesome.

hey guys,

I went Kmart to buy DJ Hero. It was $39.99. I used $35 in coupons so I actually paid like $5 and change. However, no coupon printed out. Was I supposed to get one? I thought my purchase would qualify for the $15 coupon when you buy any game $39.99 and up.

Thanks.

Give the guy a break for pete's sake. Do we really need to include the prices of EVERY individual purchase we've done before this? Don't like K-Mart's coupon train? Then don't bother. It's as simple as that. Some people were already going to buy the games at retail so getting coupons from K-mart is a nice bonus. At the point of him going to the store, WITH coupons, with everything else already purchased. Yes, he is only going to spend $50 at that exact moment. What does it matter what he spent before?

Geez you are all such party poopers!

I don't see anyone crapping all over the "holy" Amazon and the gaming credits they give with pre-orders.

[quote name='jrwahlst']I redeemed an EM $15 coupon on a PSN $20 card yesterday with no problems. Paid $5.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']Yep, I did it on Sunday, and reported it (two or three times ;)).[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, it was just probably a hiccup in the system them when I tried using coupons on Sunday then.

Now from what I've been reading and just clarifying, as long I can get into the $39.99 threshold, a $15 software coupon will print out? Thinking of getting Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection (and the free figurine) and something $29.99 since another $19.99 game will put me 2 pennies back.

[quote name='vlv723']Thanks guys, it was just probably a hiccup in the system them when I tried using coupons on Sunday then.

Now from what I've been reading and just clarifying, as long I can get into the $39.99 threshold, a $15 software coupon will print out? Thinking of getting Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection (and the free figurine) and something $29.99 since another $19.99 game will put me 2 pennies back.[/QUOTE]
You could get a $20 PSN card with the 19.99 game and you would be right at the 39.99 needed.

[quote name='wrencrest']You could get a $20 PSN card with the 19.99 game and you would be right at the 39.99 needed.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it has to be software and that accessories and hardware are excluded. While the coupons can be redeemed on these items, these items themselves do not generate any coupons (this week).

[quote name='wrencrest']You could get a $20 PSN card with the 19.99 game and you would be right at the 39.99 needed.[/QUOTE]

It has to be software though. PSN/XBL cards won't count.

Btw, who's the chick in your avatar?

Kmart in W. Babylon had SEVEN Epic Mickey CEs late Tues. afternoon. which made me feel like it wasn't a CE so I didn't buy it (maybe if they had only 1 or 2). I used $30 worth of coupons (Mickey box and Kirby or Pokepark) for $50 game so $20 out of pocket + $20 coupon vs. $40 out of pocket + $30 coupon for CE stuff I didn't really need.
Cashier took my 2 coupons and $20 coupon printed out no problem, cashier told me it was for ANY videogame related stuff, games, hardware or points cards. I have no idea what I'll use it on (original plan was Star Ocean but picked that up at Amazon for $29.99 w/ trade-in credit).

As for coupon math, I try to tell myself it's half towards each game. So $20 EM coupon was $10 off EM and $10 off whatever I buy. It keeps things in perspective. And works great with all the games I was buying anyway as Christmas gifts - Kirby, Pokepark, Epic Mickey - as it's all gravy. Wouldn't have bought Enslaved w/o $25 coupon to start it all but $45 in trade-in credit later it's a $2.50 rental.

PS - I am NOT a SWYR member. Nobody's ever asked me in store and after several tries to enroll online gave up. 1 more coupon and I'm out so no great loss.

Hey Stock Boy, I tried PMing you yesterday and this morning, but your inbox has been full...

I just wanted to see if any of these Atlanta-area stores got the Epic Mickey Collector's Edition:

-230 Cleveland Ave SW, Atlanta, GA 30315- (404) 766-7543 ‎
-5597 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30340- (770) 458-9506
-1605 Buford Hwy # A, Buford, GA 30518- (770) 945-0078 ‎
-4955 Mason Road, Atlanta, GA- (404) 763-0412
-2420 Wisteria Dr, Snellville, GA- (770) 972-0553

Thanks!

I see a lot of people talking about Metroid Prime Trilogy. How much is it?

Also, has anyone actually tried purchasing $39.99+ of XBOX/PSN cards in one trans for the $15 coupon? I know it's not supposed to work, but I don't think I read anything where anyone confirmed that it was attempted and didn't. The electronics manager at my Kmart yesterday seemed to think it probably would work, but he wasn't entirely sure. thanks!

Picked up Epic Mickey yesterday and now I'm sitting here with a $20 coupon in my hand and an end to the coupon train on the horizon, say it ain't so! I'm not getting Tron or Cataclysm, but is there anything planned after those two games coupon wise or are we done with it until after the Christmas season?

I'm sure this has been answered and but I couldn't find it when I searched...

I used a $20 coupon to get RDR Undead and I want to return it. Do I get a coupon or cash back worth the amount of around 30 or will I only get back the 10 or so that I actually used cash for?

[quote name='Gears24']Going back to Griffith Indiana K-Mart tomorrow to try and get that fat ass black lady to do her fucking job. There better be Golden Sun Dark Dawn in the game case or I am gonna bust a cap in her ass! No lie![/QUOTE]

I'm not really down with making fun of the employees' appearance, but my experience with that store has been going steadily downhill over the last month or so. I've had it. Just sent an e-mail to Josh last night about it. 3 different employees have all failed to do their job...no effort whatsoever.

To think at first I thought this store was decent, only because I was used to Lansing. If only I lived closer to the Merrillville location, I had such a great experience there.

[quote name='oyla10']I'm sure this has been answered and but I couldn't find it when I searched...

I used a $20 coupon to get RDR Undead and I want to return it. Do I get a coupon or cash back worth the amount of around 30 or will I only get back the 10 or so that I actually used cash for?[/QUOTE]

As with every store, once you use a coupon you can never get it back. They will refund you the money you actually paid.

Hello everyone. The $20 kmart gaming coupon for buying Epic Mickey is very tempting. My problem is I asked for it for chrsitmas but don't want to miss this deal... if I buy the game and get the $20 coupon and then also get the game for christmas, when I go to return teh game will the coupon still work?

[quote name='Carlys #1 Fan']Hello everyone. The $20 kmart gaming coupon for buying Epic Mickey is very tempting. My problem is I asked for it for chrsitmas but don't want to miss this deal... if I buy the game and get the $20 coupon and then also get the game for christmas, when I go to return teh game will the coupon still work?[/QUOTE]

You would need to surrender the coupon with game when you return it. K-Mart's not in the business of giving out free money.

Has anyone returned a game that was bought with SYWR credits? Do you get cash back, do the credits go back into your SYWR account, or do you loose the credits like with the coupons?

[quote name='Zaku77']It was indeed the Oregon City one! He seemed to feel the same way. He said he was really surprised the new release movies were out.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much, I mean what are the odds that there would be 2 employees working at Kmart during the same timeframe with the same situation. As far as new releases go, its not an ideal setup at the moment and I'll just leave it at that. Having said that, worst case scenerio the new releases are locked up right behind the register and easily accesible.

Well went to pick up Dark Dawn at my local store. Girl as always couldn't find it on the shelves or in the back. Had her call the manager whom after apparently checking said they sold all 3 copies they got in. Which may or may not be legit, they probably did only get that amount considering that's about the amount they had for Valkyria and such. I didn't argue it much today because I've been sick.

Sorry Josh but for this one I think I'm going to use some credit at my local game store. They said they were ordering more but the coupon train in my world is about to come to a screeching hault. Nothing to buy in Janurary and February is looking dismal as well.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Hm... Total: $305 + tax ($5 Epic Mickey Box, $200 Wii, $50 Donkey Kong Country, $50 of spending there) and you get $60 in coupons back.

I have no idea why everyone fails to include the original purchases that started this gravy train of coupons. Those count towards you total spent too. As cool as it sounds saying you spent $50 to get $60 in coupons, it just doesn't work that way.[/QUOTE]
So if I've bought ten games thus far, then I have to include ten games in my total for whatever ones I buy now? Or do you mean just the starting purchases? Either way, I don't see the logic in this. I separate every transaction from the last. If I buy a game for $40 and it gives a coupon, I still consider it $40. Done. And then when I buy the next game at, say, $20 after the coupon the last one printed off, it's considered $20. I don't consider coupons as having value until they're actually used -- then the discount applies only to whatever they're used on.

If you want to argue that the only reason one game is $20 is because I paid $60 for the last one, so it's really $40 after averaging the cost, it's just another way of looking at it, isn't it? Either way you spent $80 total, so what does it matter if you view it differently? It's just easier to regard only out-of-pocket expense for me personally, because that's what I actually paid.

Another successful visit to the local Kmart.

Picked up -
Epic Mickey CE with paintbrush "chuk"
Marvel Super Hero Squad: Infinity Gauntlet
Alan Wake off the clearance rack

Paid, $14 for everything with my coupons. Thanks Kmart!

Epic Mickey spit out a $30
and I got the $15 for AW and SHS! :)

[quote name='EvilET']Another successful visit to the local Kmart.

Picked up -
Epic Mickey CE with paintbrush "chuk"
Marvel Super Hero Squad: Infinity Gauntlet
Alan Wake off the clearance rack

Paid, $14 for everything with my coupons. Thanks Kmart!

Epic Mickey spit out a $30
and I got the $15 for AW and SHS! :)[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is on clearance? How much?

Didn't have any problems yesterday either (after figuring out that all of the Epic Mickey stuff was in the electronics counter, and not the usual game shelves). Picked up CE (from about 6 available), paintbrush-chuk (from only about 3-4), used coupons, got coupons, all good. Sadly, used my temporary SYWR card, and that's now the second transaction that doesn't show up online, after the still missing 25K Black Ops points.

Later also picked up Infinity Gauntlet for this week's $15 coupon. It's a shame that getting 2 of the clearance $19.99 games is just a penny shy of the $39.99 requirement for that coupon.

[quote name='Gears24']Give the guy a break for pete's sake. Do we really need to include the prices of EVERY individual purchase we've done before this? Don't like K-Mart's coupon train? Then don't bother. It's as simple as that. Some people were already going to buy the games at retail so getting coupons from K-mart is a nice bonus. At the point of him going to the store, WITH coupons, with everything else already purchased. Yes, he is only going to spend $50 at that exact moment. What does it matter what he spent before?

Geez you are all such party poopers!

I don't see anyone crapping all over the "holy" Amazon and the gaming credits they give with pre-orders.[/QUOTE]
THANK YOU. Finally, someone that understands what I'm talking about. Considering all people can do is try to attack my math, I'm guessing that I got everything right and what I want to is possible.

All I wanted was clarification that I was calculating my planned purchase on THURSDAY correctly, not my planned purchase on Thursday plus everything else I've bought.

I see it like this: I bought Metroid Other M from Amazon for $46 and got a $20 credit. It might be like paying $26 for the game, but my card was still charged $46. When I used the credit on SMG2, I paid $17. So I got Metroid and SMG2 for $63 total. I'm not sure how hard that is to understand, but according to these people I paid $46 for Metroid and then $63 (the cost of Metroid and SMG together) for SMG2... which isn't the case at all.

It's also funny how I apparently double-dip coupons, when my math never suggested it or anything. It's amazing what some people can assume about others.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']So if I've bought ten games thus far, then I have to include ten games in my total for whatever ones I buy now? Or do you mean just the starting purchases? Either way, I don't see the logic in this. I separate every transaction from the last. If I buy a game for $40 and it gives a coupon, I still consider it $40. Done. And then when I buy the next game at, say, $20 after the coupon the last one printed off, it's considered $20. I don't consider coupons as having value until they're actually used -- then the discount applies only to whatever they're used on.

If you want to argue that the only reason one game is $20 is because I paid $60 for the last one, so it's really $40 after averaging the cost, it's just another way of looking at it, isn't it? Either way you spent $80 total, so what does it matter if you view it differently? It's just easier to regard only out-of-pocket expense for me personally, because that's what I actually paid.[/QUOTE]
You sir (or lady) are also correct. Your math adds up just like mine, where each purchase is 100% different from any previous ones.

I'll take this as yet more confirmation my plan to spend $54 after tax and get $60 in coupons is quite possible then. ;).

[quote name='ncfoster']I'm not really down with making fun of the employees' appearance, but my experience with that store has been going steadily downhill over the last month or so. I've had it. Just sent an e-mail to Josh last night about it. 3 different employees have all failed to do their job...no effort whatsoever.

To think at first I thought this store was decent, only because I was used to Lansing. If only I lived closer to the Merrillville location, I had such a great experience there.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit that was pretty childish of me. The past 3 times I've went she has been there and has been anything but nice. Not even bothering to try and throwing sarcastic comments at me.

I went back today. She was there. She went to the back for 15 minutes and came back empty handed. Needless to say, I am very pissed. I also live about 30 minutes from Merrilville, but even that one is not that great.. So sad that a game that was supposed to be available on MONDAY, is STILL not available on Wednesday.

*EDIT* Just called the Merrillville K-Mart asking if they had it in stock. "No." What the fuck K-Mart?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried buying a $20 PSN Card and Fat Princess for PSP at $19.99, it didn't print-out a $15 game coupon for me. So it looks as though the points cards don't count towards the $39.99 total needed for the $15 Gaming Coupon.

[quote name='Altanis']THANK YOU. Finally, someone that understands what I'm talking about. Considering all people can do is try to attack my math, I'm guessing that I got everything right and what I want to is possible.

All I wanted was clarification that I was calculating my planned purchase on THURSDAY correctly, not my planned purchase on Thursday plus everything else I've bought.

I see it like this: I bought Metroid Other M from Amazon for $46 and got a $20 credit. It might be like paying $26 for the game, but my card was still charged $46. When I used the credit on SMG2, I paid $17. So I got Metroid and SMG2 for $63 total. I'm not sure how hard that is to understand, but according to these people I paid $46 for Metroid and then $63 (the cost of Metroid and SMG together) for SMG2... which isn't the case at all.

It's also funny how I apparently double-dip coupons, when my math never suggested it or anything. It's amazing what some people can assume about others.

You sir (or lady) are also correct. Your math adds up just like mine, where each purchase is 100% different from any previous ones.

I'll take this as yet more confirmation my plan to spend $54 after tax and get $60 in coupons is quite possible then. ;).[/QUOTE]

Look, there is no point in continuing to debate this. You can justify it however you want in your head, but at a minimum, you paid $15 for those three Epic Mickey coupons you are applying unless you turned around and sold the empty Wii cases for $5 each and the coupons were therefore free. When you get your credit card bill at the end of the month, you are still going to have all of the Wii and DKC and every other game charges on there. So, if it makes you feel better that you got $60 worth of coupons for $54 this week, that's fine, but it's not the reality of what you spent.

Epic Mickey CEs - Every store got at least 2 of these (we had a decent supply of them).

I'm sorry my PM box is full and I've been MIA...I've had to deal with the fallout from Black Friday where we got wiped out of some future ad product (I'm blaming Josh).

No shit I paid $5 for the cases. They were however a completely fucking separate purchase from any of the games I'm buying with them. I've already accounted for them WHEN I PAID FOR THEM. I used the cases as guess what? CASES! Imagine that.

I swear, it's like talking to a brick wall. I'm done arguing with someone who can't comprehend the most simplistic of math. Goodbye. Welcome to my ignore list. I thought Fire_Thief would be the first person I ignored, but alas, that isn't the case.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Epic Mickey CEs - Every store got at least 2 of these (we had a decent supply of them).

I'm sorry my PM box is full and I've been MIA...I've had to deal with the fallout from Black Friday where we got wiped out of some future ad product (I'm blaming Josh).[/QUOTE]
If you have a chance, can you tell me the current stock of the items in the ad for this week (Golden Sun, Dragon Quest IX, Epic Mickey, and the Paintbrush) at the Tallahassee, FL and Perry, FL Kmarts? They're the only two I'll be able to hit up tomorrow and I'm hoping at least that between the two I can get what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance, whether you can or can't. :)

Golden Sun Dark Dawn DS - I see a lot of people have had issues with this one...Nintendo takes their releases very seriously and they control all the shipping for it so they instructed us on 12/1 and from the looks of it the majority of this game hit stores on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully it will be out on display today.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores
[/QUOTE]

Question about NYC K-Mart stores: Will I get a new gaming coupon if I purchase Epic Mickey or does this mean I can use savings coupons from non-NYC stores to buy Epic Mickey but won't receive a new coupon since the circular is not effective here?

Thanks.

[quote name='Phenomic']Well went to pick up Dark Dawn at my local store. Girl as always couldn't find it on the shelves or in the back. Had her call the manager whom after apparently checking said they sold all 3 copies they got in. Which may or may not be legit, they probably did only get that amount considering that's about the amount they had for Valkyria and such. I didn't argue it much today because I've been sick.

Sorry Josh but for this one I think I'm going to use some credit at my local game store. They said they were ordering more but the coupon train in my world is about to come to a screeching hault. Nothing to buy in Janurary and February is looking dismal as well.[/QUOTE]

Well the store near me has none...Really wanted to use the $30 coupon I had on this but I guess it is a no go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back