Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kitm9891'] Now, at that point you can mention that if they pull their paperwork for the Video Game Accessories layout, on the first or second page, it will give them the # to call to order more of them and hopefully they will get on it at that point.[/QUOTE]
You expect them to pick up a book ,read and use the phone . I hope they aren't trying to walk while doing all of that. Unless you tell them to spit out their gum first;)

[quote name='kitm9891']No problem, until the end of your post all I kept thinking was what the hell were the clerks doing at my store, lol. Glad we werent part of the problem though as this is the worst time of the year as the stores are hiring young, seasonal employees who are quite possibly working their first job ever so there is a HUGE learning curve for some unfortunately. As Ive always said if you ever have an issue finding a game, redeeming a coupon or anything else related to these deals just shoot me a message and I can take care of it at the store level for you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured I'd better mention it wasn't your store ;).

I will probably hit you up for NBA Jam for PS3 on Sunday (or early next week).

[quote name='theflavor']Their site says otherwise, http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/nb_10165_26151_NB_CSpricematch?adCell=WF&adCell=WF

I wasn't sure if a price match could be doubled up with the gaming coupon.[/QUOTE]
This policy is only for purchases on the website or at a Sears store not Kmart.
A little chat with Kmart

You are now chatting with Sumit. How may I help you?
JD: What is Kmarts pricematch policy in store?
Sumit: Hi, my name is Sumit, and it's my pleasure to assist you today as your Personal Shopper. May I have your name please?
JD: JD
Sumit: JD, I'm sorry, Kmart doesn't do price matching.
JD: Is Kmart part of the Searspr Holdings company?
Sumit: It is partners with Sears.
JD: Thank you. Just doing a little research here at Walmart's Customer Service Center. Have a nice evening.
Sumit: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Sumit: You are welcome. It was my pleasure assisting you. I'm here just to assist valued customers like you.
Sumit: Please fill in the exit survey based on this chat which will help us to serve you better.
Sumit: Thank you for your time. Happy holidays!
Sumit: Thank you for chatting with me. We welcome your feedback: please click here to complete our Exit Survey. Thank you for choosing Kmart, we appreciate your business!

[quote name='theflavor']Their site says otherwise, http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/nb_10165_26151_NB_CSpricematch?adCell=WF&adCell=WF

I wasn't sure if a price match could be doubled up with the gaming coupon.[/QUOTE]

if you would kindly read the information carefully you would notice this is in reference to price ADJUSTMENTS and not price matching. A price adjustment occurs if you buy a game at 59.99 only to find out that the next week there is a price drop to say 39.99. You can take it back and get that $20 refunded to you if within that 14 days. It has nothing to do with price matching other stores.

[quote name='freeorelse']You expect them to pick up a book ,read and use the phone . I hope they aren't trying to walk while doing all of that. Unless you tell them to spit out their gum first;)[/QUOTE]

Well I would like to think they are capable of figuring this out on their own but with some of the stories Ive read I figured it best to give him as much information as humanly possible since I just finished ordering more of these a month ago or so myself so the info was fresh in my mind anyways.

[quote name='abilyk']I received in the mail today my $10 gift card for missing out on one of the Donkey Kong Country Returns coupons last week. It was a Sears gift card, but worked fine at Kmart. Thanks Josh (and the CS reps) for the follow-through on this issue.[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you contact Josh about it??

I contacted him at 10am Sunday that DKCR came out. Heard back from his help rep over the phone on Tuesday. It's been about 7-10 days, so I'm expecting it by Saturday.

[quote name='Pookymeister']So what I am going to do with 10 of these $15 off coupons i've gotten this week.....[/QUOTE]

Points cards ftw

I don't know if this has been asked already, but are there any plans to extend these deals to Sears as well? My local Kmart became a Sears a couple years ago, and now I have to drive pretty far to take advantage of these constantly excellent deals.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Software only coupon fml.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, thought you were talking about EM/General Gaming $15 coupons.

Hopefully some good sales are posted on the ad/kmartgamer blog before the expiration hits.

[quote name='Pookymeister']So what I am going to do with 10 of these $15 off coupons i've gotten this week.....[/QUOTE]

You could make a sweet LAN party setup for NBA Jam with next week's sale! You'd just need to add all the systems ;).

Seriously, I hear you. I have 6 or 7 and besides NBA Jam I have no idea what I'll spend them on. I'm counting on some nice sales here over the next few weeks.

I plan on using my coupons on $20 games I've been putting off getting. Mostly Wii stuff (Harvest Moon stuff I'll probably never play, that Firefighter game, etc.) Also that GH sale will be timely for me.

I've got until December 11th if I want to stack all 3 of my coupons worth 40$. I am thinking I will drop it on Dragon Age Ultimate Edition. Seems to be the best bang for the buck but I can't help but feel that the moment I buy it, it will go on sale or something.. lol. What else is there? Already have in my backlog: Black Ops, FONV,Naruto NS2, Castlevania, Reach, Enslaved, Vanquish. Only other new release I can think of is Force Unleashed 2 but I heard it's really short and I haven't even played the first one either..

if any of you with tons of coupons don't think you will be able to use them all, i know someone that could use one. (me). don't get me wrong, if you can use them, use them... but please don't throw any out.

Warning: This may be long. I'll also send Josh an email likely tomorrow morning (just drove nearly 5 hours, sorry. It'll likely be similar to this, but cut down a good bit).

Alright, Josh, what you try to do is amazing. Earlier, I was planning on buying Epic Mickey, the Epic Mickey paintbrush, Golden Sun, Dragon Quest IX, and a bunch of $49.99 Wii games (Twilight Princess, Sonic Colors, and just about anything that struck my fancy) and Pokemon SoulSilver for $39.99 at Kmart this week. I'd blow through not just $105 in coupons that I have but a good amount of money as well, to get the $15 in coupons for $39.99+ and also the Epic Mickey and Golden Sun coupons.

I'm about ready to just say fuck it all. I went to the Tallahassee Kmart tonight, with hopes that they had Golden Sun and Dragon Quest (although knowing that likely they did not) and expecting them to have Epic Mickey and maybe some other stuff for me to buy and get coupons. Let me just say that the DS game case there was atrocious, with titles strewn about. I wouldn't have known if they had anything I was interested in because it was a mess.
They did have Epic Mickey, which the friend I was with asked an associate to help with. TEN MINUTES after asking an associate (who was just standing at the register, helping no one) to help us, she finally came over. Opening the semi-broken lock proved apparently too difficult for a while, as if she'd never seen the key ring before (I'm guessing she didn't). Then, checkout came and when I went to hand her the three coupons I was using (Epic Mickey case, two DKC:R coupons) with one of the Donkey Kong ones on top (with the bolded font) she tried to give me the whole "one coupon only" spiel to which I replied "just read the coupon, it even says I can use multiple ones" which garnered a response of "all of them?" (no retard, I just said that because I'm trying to scam you. Really, WTF?), with a look like I was scamming the store.

$16 for Epic Mickey and $10 for one of the bargain bin DS games (forget the title, it's by Aksys games though) and I was out. I'm NOT going back there either. Only reason I did anyway was that I knew Epic Mickey was in stock there.

About an hour later I tried the Perry, FL store. First sign that things wouldn't work out was that I was one of about 6 cars in the parking lot, and the store is usually busy. Got back to electronics and didn't see any DS games that I was interested in up front. No Golden Sun, no Dragon Quest. According to Chad, the (I'm guessing) 16-17 year old working who was more interested in the crappy movie playing on their display TVs, the store usually "gets things late" even though they had about 40 copies of Epic Mickey in the case (along with the empty boxes right next to it... poor people that get confused). They did have a bunch of SoulSilver copies, but it was my goal to kill off Golden Sun/Dragon Quest/SoulSilver in one go. Plus, the person I was with (who I was buying SoulSilver for) pretty much wanted to get GTFO.

Basically, the two Kmarts that I hit up tonight were pretty crappy stock-wise. From what I understand, Tallahassee only got 3 copies of Golden Sun in, of which all 3 sold before noon on December 1. The Perry store stop annoyed me a bit too, since I honestly felt like my being there was a bother to the guy working.

I pretty much said fuck it and am going to stop at the one near my parents' house tomorrow and if they have what I want, great, but if not, too bad. I'm going to use up my coupons and be done with Kmart (again). The being treated like a criminal, the fact that stores either don't get stock in (supposedly), or it magically disappears within 2-3 hours of the store's opening, and how the game cases are "organized" is troublesome.

Josh, what you are doing is amazing. It really is. What the employees of Kmart are doing is amazing as well, essentially running off customers. There is no reason it took 10 minutes for someone to walk the 20 feet from the counter to the game case when 4 people were working at the electronics register. I knew Tallahassee was a pretty bad store, but jeez. Either way, I'm going to use my Epic Mickey coupon (probably on Super Mario All Stars) and then use that coupon on either a points card or something, and I'm done. If I want a game from now on, Kmart will not be the first store I go to.

Holy shit, I just noticed how long this is. I guess I really needed to just let some steam off. Sorry for the novel (as you put it in the OP) but you might get another one tomorrow if my experience at a 3rd Kmart ends up like this. Here's hoping Walmart will price match the Kmart ad, because at least I know they have the games I want in stock right now.

[quote name='thegreek']How long ago did you contact Josh about it??[/QUOTE]

I emailed Josh the first night of the sale, Sunday 11-21. CS rep emailed me that Tuesday and then called on Wednesday. So the coupon was probably sent out on Thursday.

[quote name='Altanis']...the (I'm guessing) 16-17 year old working who was more interested in the crappy movie playing on their display TVs[/QUOTE]

This is actually my normal experience going to Sears. One time, not one, but THREE employees were watching TV as I walked by 4 times, and they never turned to look at me.

Thus, why I said some pages back, Kmart/Sears needs a reform, cause the game deals, although good, still doesn't cause me to want to buy anything else there.

It's not like I don't want to go to Kmart. I feel like Fry from Futurama:

shutupmoney.jpg

I want to give these companies my money. I really do. But the first store basically screwed themselves out of my buying anything for a while. I was ready to grab a Twilight Princess copy there, too. Nope. Not going back. The other one, maybe they really didn't get any copies in. I don't know whether they did or didn't.

[quote name='io']... I have no idea what I'll spend them on. I'm counting on some nice sales here over the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing more to buy! We have every reasonable game there is, and then some! :)

[quote name='regis100']There's nothing more to buy! We have every reasonable game there is, and then some! :)[/QUOTE]

100% true ;).

After reading some peoples reviews on the sly cooper collection. I think I'll head out to kmart today and pick it up using a $15 em coupon and receive another $15 coupon. Saw ghostbusters there other day too for $19.99 for ps3 but didn't get it and now kind of want it too.

I tried to buy old games with the $15 coupon, but alas, I have found them cheaper elsewhere. I guess for now its just a tradeoff from this week to next week. If only there were any $5 games to use as fillers.

I am literally working on the best project I have ever been associated with since I started and I just wanted to share my excitement.

Very early on, but I'm in the middle of creating a site that literally will change how retail is done in gaming (not an exaggeration). Once we get more down the path in a couple of months I'll probably be looking for some local CAG's to meet up downtown (Chicago) to meet up and brainstorm on what we are looking to do.

Skill trees, clanning bonuses, game achievement rewards (think of getting a 1000 points on an Xbox Live game and receiving a gift card etc.), XP wagering w/matchmaking and that's just a few. Some very innovative ideas. It will not be a site for the casual user or have the same restrictions that Sears/Kmart.com have.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so would it be possible to get the 15 coupon by buying two 19.99 games?[/QUOTE]

Without trying to be a smartass, I would like to point out that 19.99 x 2 = 39.98 and that the promotion is for 39.99 and up.

That is all.

I've got a $20 coupon that expires tomorrow but have no clue what to spend it on. Having said that, do the old gaming coupons still work on points cards even though the new ones don't? Thanks in advance guys.

[quote name='bgame2']I've got a $20 coupon that expires tomorrow but have no clue what to spend it on. Having said that, do the old gaming coupons still work on points cards even though the new ones don't? Thanks in advance guys.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was keeping up with this thread, but when did coupons stop working for points cards?

They don't work with this week's 15$ coupon that you get for purchasing $39.99 worth of software. The others should work just fine I believe.

[quote name='gpthree']I thought I was keeping up with this thread, but when did coupons stop working for points cards?[/QUOTE]

It seems to just be the $15 ones that are printing this week that clearly state it's for software only (no accessories, hardware, or bundles). The $10 that printed for Golden Sun this week is still good on any gaming purchase though.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am literally working on the best project I have ever been associated with since I started and I just wanted to share my excitement. [/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting! Good luck getting it going! If and when people try to stifle your ideas or poo-poo any of your creativity, keep going forward!

[quote name='gpthree']I thought I was keeping up with this thread, but when did coupons stop working for points cards?[/QUOTE]

I think since this new spend $39.99 up deal started. They coupon states for gaming software unlike the old epic mickey ones. I can't confirm for sure that it don't work on psn cards but I doubt it would seeing as they can be used to buy movies or anything from psn and not gaming software.

Is it a single game or a combination of games totaling $39.99 or more in order to qualify for the $15 coupon? If you have coupons to apply, the $39.99 threshold is before the coupons right?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am literally working on the best project I have ever been associated with since I started and I just wanted to share my excitement.

Very early on, but I'm in the middle of creating a site that literally will change how retail is done in gaming (not an exaggeration). Once we get more down the path in a couple of months I'll probably be looking for some local CAG's to meet up downtown (Chicago) to meet up and brainstorm on what we are looking to do.

Skill trees, clanning bonuses, game achievement rewards (think of getting a 1000 points on an Xbox Live game and receiving a gift card etc.), XP wagering w/matchmaking and that's just a few. Some very innovative ideas. It will not be a site for the casual user or have the same restrictions that Sears/Kmart.com have.[/QUOTE]
That's very interesting, and very interesting that something of this innovation would come from Kmart. Not to say anything bad about Kmart, but it is certainly unexpected. Good luck!

[quote name='eau']Is it a single game or a combination of games totaling $39.99 or more in order to qualify for the $15 coupon? If you have coupons to apply, the $39.99 threshold is before the coupons right?[/QUOTE]

Any game software $39.99 and up. That is, if you buy a game that costs $39.99 or up, you get a $15 coupon.

Bought Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Data East Collection for the Wii this past Tuesday. It printed out the $10 and $15 coupon just fine.

I would love a sale on Uncharted 2 : Game of the Year Edition for next week in the K-MartGamer blog or if not in two weeks when the $15 software coupon expires.

[quote name='Danzego']Any game software $39.99 and up. That is, if you buy a game that costs $39.99 or up, you get a $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

You can buy more than one game as long the total is $39.99. Two $19.99 games won't count since you're a penny off.

[quote name='vlv723']You can buy more than one game as long the total is $39.99. Two $19.99 games won't count since you're a penny off.[/QUOTE]

For real? Wow. Too bad I put Golden Sun on my Christmas list this year and there are no cheap ass games I want to go along with it. Oh well. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am literally working on the best project I have ever been associated with since I started and I just wanted to share my excitement.

Skill trees, clanning bonuses, game achievement rewards (think of getting a 1000 points on an Xbox Live game and receiving a gift card etc.), XP wagering w/matchmaking and that's just a few. Some very innovative ideas. It will not be a site for the casual user or have the same restrictions that Sears/Kmart.com have.[/QUOTE]

Be careful, with ideas like that, you are going to be getting marriage proposals from gamers all over. Your wife might not like it ;)

It sound like you are making buying games into its own metagame.

That will be incredibly dangerous. I will play the shit out of that game.

Long as you give some PS3 love too man

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back