Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am literally working on the best project I have ever been associated with since I started and I just wanted to share my excitement.

Very early on, but I'm in the middle of creating a site that literally will change how retail is done in gaming (not an exaggeration). Once we get more down the path in a couple of months I'll probably be looking for some local CAG's to meet up downtown (Chicago) to meet up and brainstorm on what we are looking to do.

Skill trees, clanning bonuses, game achievement rewards (think of getting a 1000 points on an Xbox Live game and receiving a gift card etc.), XP wagering w/matchmaking and that's just a few. Some very innovative ideas. It will not be a site for the casual user or have the same restrictions that Sears/Kmart.com have.[/QUOTE]

Sounds fun - This milwaukee CAG would be happy to meet up to be a part of it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am literally working on the best project I have ever been associated with since I started and I just wanted to share my excitement.

Very early on, but I'm in the middle of creating a site that literally will change how retail is done in gaming (not an exaggeration). Once we get more down the path in a couple of months I'll probably be looking for some local CAG's to meet up downtown (Chicago) to meet up and brainstorm on what we are looking to do.

Skill trees, clanning bonuses, game achievement rewards (think of getting a 1000 points on an Xbox Live game and receiving a gift card etc.), XP wagering w/matchmaking and that's just a few. Some very innovative ideas. It will not be a site for the casual user or have the same restrictions that Sears/Kmart.com have.[/QUOTE]

My only request is that we can buy everything online with coupons and reasonable cost for next day/release day delivery. My local store has been gradually going down hill since this month. Hopefully normality would resume after the holiday.

Can't wait to here more about it.

You know, medal of honor really isn't that bad. I'm gonna go ahead and say it's at least as good as Black Ops single player. For $30 I'd recommend it for single player. Multiplayer might be crap, i dunno.

[quote name='Phenomic']My only request is that we can buy everything online with coupons and reasonable cost for next day/release day delivery. My local store has been gradually going down hill since this month. Hopefully normality would resume after the holiday.

Can't wait to here more about it.[/QUOTE]
Let's just say it will represent my resolution to every customer issue that has come across my desk this year. If I can't control the store fronts effectively from my chair, why not build a new store front that is under my direct control and emulates my/your thoughts on gaming.

It almost will feel like a stand alone company. Everything that is good at Amazon, IGN/GT/N4G, Halo Waypoint, WOW, COD MP (examples only), and CAG will be merged into one melting pot of awesomeness.

[quote name='jer7583']You know, medal of honor really isn't that bad. I'm gonna go ahead and say it's at least as good as Black Ops single player. For $30 I'd recommend it for single player. Multiplayer might be crap, i dunno.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to disagree on this one. I thought MoH's campaign started out fairly well then devolved into a by the numbers, dull affair. Nowhere close to Black Ops in my opinion and I am far from a CoD fanboy. MP is crap from what I played of it. Everybody snipes/camps and it's tough telling who your enemies are.

Anyway, debating what to do today. Do I pick up Golden Sun for $5 after coupons, Sly Collection for $5 after coupons, Epic Mickey for $5 after coupons, a combination or nothing? Hmmm.... :D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Let's just say it will represent my resolution to every customer issue that has come across my desk this year. If I can't control the store fronts effectively from my chair, why not build a new store front that is under my direct control and emulates my/your thoughts on gaming.

It almost will feel like a stand alone company. Everything that is good at Amazon, IGN/GT/N4G, Halo Waypoint, WOW, COD MP (examples only), and CAG will be merged into one melting pot of awesomeness.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at what giantbomb.com does with their Quest XP/Wiki editing points system as well.. I really love that site and the XP is one of my favorite things about it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Let's just say it will represent my resolution to every customer issue that has come across my desk this year. If I can't control the store fronts effectively from my chair, why not build a new store front that is under my direct control and emulates my/your thoughts on gaming.

It almost will feel like a stand alone company. Everything that is good at Amazon, IGN/GT/N4G, Halo Waypoint, WOW, COD MP (examples only), and CAG will be merged into one melting pot of awesomeness.[/QUOTE]

I will definitely like to take a lick from the pot when it's good and ready. :)

Well if you're looking for NYC CAGers in the near future, you can count me in. Good luck with the project, Josh! It's starting to sound really awesome already.

[quote name='Killbomb']I'd have to disagree on this one. I thought MoH's campaign started out fairly well then devolved into a by the numbers, dull affair. Nowhere close to Black Ops in my opinion and I am far from a CoD fanboy. MP is crap from what I played of it. Everybody snipes/camps and it's tough telling who your enemies are.

Anyway, debating what to do today. Do I pick up Golden Sun for $5 after coupons, Sly Collection for $5 after coupons, Epic Mickey for $5 after coupons, a combination or nothing? Hmmm.... :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I could see that. I actually did not think much of the Black Ops single player. It was okay but nothing great. I'm more of a halo fanboy. To me MoH and Black Ops are both pretty average.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I could see that. I actually did not think much of the Black Ops single player. It was okay but nothing great. I'm more of a halo fanboy. To me MoH and Black Ops are both pretty average.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't a huge fan of CoD 4 or MW2's campaigns but I did enjoy Black Ops. I do think Halo's MP is quite a bit better than CoD or especially MoH.

I actually really liked the sound in MoH and the way the guns kicked. Moreso than black ops.

Black Ops multiplayer is a bummer to me cause I suck at it.

The absolute worst is Gears of War. I do not understand that game one bit. I haven't ever killed anyone in it.

Black Ops is more like a Cold War version of World at War. It's just too scripted gameplay-wise. I found myself not being to walk where I wanted at times, particularly in the Vietnam level(s). It's like a rail shooter without the rail.

I don't mind scripted shooters, but the thing that would make Treyarch better is if they followed more cues from Infinity Ward, where you're given objectives, but you don't necessarily have to be forced to accomplish them in a particular way (e.g. Infinity Wards levels are like self-contained battles, where you're given some flexibility in what buildings you hide in and what you shoot; basically, your team directs the pace of the events while you play in a sort of faux-sandbox manner--I like having the freedom to hide underneath trucks while sniping enemies at their feet, while my teammates hide in some other corner). Conversely, Blacks Ops is more linear in the sense, "Now, Mason! Nooo--! Stand there, put the charge there, and do it!"

(sigh) I dunno.

edit: By the way, how much are past promo games (eg. Lords of Shadow, Vanquish) going for this week's coupon for 39.99 deal?

[quote name='jer7583']I actually really liked the sound in MoH and the way the guns kicked. Moreso than black ops.

The absolute worst is Gears of War. I do not understand that game one bit. I haven't ever killed anyone in it.[/QUOTE]

I would say I am average at Black Ops but I tired of it quickly. Getting shot in the back with little chance to defend myself gets old. At least in Halo you have a chance to fight back most of the time. I don't like Gears either for the simple fact that there are no respawns in the standard deathmatch modes. I really hope they add that as an option in Gears 3.

Funny, I might be the only one, but I play CoD and shooters like it just for the cool scripted sequences. I hate multiplayer since I suck at it anyway and cant be bothered with playing against kids who have all day and night to play and know where all the best weapons and hiding spots are located. So I stick with renting or buying shooters at $10 or less.

WooHoo NFS:HP 4.99 after my coupons next week. Gonna go 360 on it Just picked a console up for me and now me and the Destroyer can go head to head.

[quote name='jer7583']I actually really liked the sound in MoH and the way the guns kicked. Moreso than black ops.

The absolute worst is Gears of War. I do not understand that game one bit. I haven't ever killed anyone in it.[/QUOTE]
I have found Black Ops so infuriating. I absolutely love the game but I'm like a .84 K/D and I've got over 24 hours on it on MP. I've never sucked at a game for this long.....to see my 15 year old brother over 2/1 really bothers me.

MOH's single player is actually very good IMO. I sincerely enjoyed it. Not a fan of the MP at all which was huge disappointment since I'm such a huge BF fan.

And I'm caught up.......

Every customer issue through this week and BF last week has been followed up with. If you have not received an email from me make sure to ping me (check your spam folder if I'm blocked just in case).

[quote name='sotb_96']Omg.....after my great experience last week ( to recap : drove 45 min to Kmart on lunch break ....sent 3 different people to back to get Grand Turismo....none could find it..went back to work..came back after work..after waiting an hour fellow comes out with it....to recap..3 hours wasted not included to 45 min trips out of my way)....BUT tonight...i drive there after being at work until 730,,,,sent two people to back to get Epic Mickey because it of course was not stocked.....i know it was back there because the guy who commented when i bought the Epic Mickey 5.00 box that he saw a box full of em..this was the 24th....of course they claim they couldnt find them..even though this crap is featured big time in sale paper..so im out of 90 minutes of ride time , gas, and no Epic Mickey.....i mean really...IM SO DAMN FRUSTRATED WITH THIS....SHC? THIS IS THE DUBLIN , GEORGIA 31021 KMART!! EVERY DAMN TRANSACTION HAS BEEN AN EXCERCISE IN MULTIPLE TRIPS AND AGGRAVATION grrrr I have about learned the coupons are not worth my time, gas, blood pressure, and sanity.....Have been polite to a fault but damn...calling store manager tomorrow but I know it probably won't matter SOOOOO FRUSTRATING[/QUOTE]

went back Thursday...the one lone guy that has been able to help me since this has started was there..went to the back and got me a copy of Epic Mickey ( that someone insisted they had not recieved when I called earlier that day..and despite the fact is ALL over the sales paper and still not stocked on Thursday) I purchased this and Castlevania with mycoupons...will probably go back and get either Donkey Kong or New vegas with the 35.00 coupons I got left..then done...I still have points that I cant seem to use as I signed up online for the reward card for the Black Op offer and have not recieved the card. The website said you can input your PIN and use them but none of the Registers there seem to ask for the prompt..oh well..God Bless you all who had better experiences than I..

[quote name='sotb_96']went back Thursday...the one lone guy that has been able to help me since this has started was there..went to the back and got me a copy of Epic Mickey ( that someone insisted they had not recieved when I called earlier that day..and despite the fact is ALL over the sales paper and still not stocked on Thursday) I purchased this and Castlevania with mycoupons...will probably go back and get either Donkey Kong or New vegas with the 35.00 coupons I got left..then done...I still have points that I cant seem to use as I signed up online for the reward card for the Black Op offer and have not recieved the card. The website said you can input your PIN and use them but none of the Registers there seem to ask for the prompt..oh well..God Bless you all who had better experiences than I..[/QUOTE]
By chance have you emailed me bud? I'm sorry to hear the horror stories.

I can probably ping the SYWR team for you as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have found Black Ops so infuriating. I absolutely love the game but I'm like a .84 K/D and I've got over 24 hours on it on MP. I've never sucked at a game for this long.....to see my 15 year old brother over 2/1 really bothers me.

MOH's single player is actually very good IMO. I sincerely enjoyed it. Not a fan of the MP at all which was huge disappointment since I'm such a huge BF fan.[/QUOTE]

You just suck, I'm doing fine at 1.2, and that's because I get bored with TDM so I can run around like crazy on Sabotage or Headquarters.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']You just suck, I'm doing fine at 1.2, and that's because I get bored with TDM so I can run around like crazy on Sabotage or Headquarters.[/QUOTE]
Because you are a #$%ch camper :)

I hate your face.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Because you are a #$%ch camper :)

I hate your face.[/QUOTE]

Come on over to the PSN and call it camping when I will literally hate your face.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Come on over to the PSN and call it camping when I will literally hate your face.[/QUOTE]
You are my Billy Mitchell.

It's funny that Josh announced the new website idea today and I'm glad he did. I went to buy Golden Sun at my local shop (sorry Josh once in a blue moon they get my store credit). Evidently my Kmart ran out of copies really early, which at that point I was told they were ordering more but they couldn't tell me when the shipment would arrive really. Needless to say the local store didn't have any copies but they were more then welcome to take my info and call me when their shipment came in (hopefully today) and I was thinking, man it would be great if I could get this level of care, but it's a shame that I have to pay full market price because obviously as a small business owner he can't offer great sales.

Makes me also wish I was closer to Chicago because I would love to be part of that meeting.

[quote name='Phenomic']It's funny that Josh announced the new website idea today and I'm glad he did. I went to buy Golden Sun at my local shop (sorry Josh once in a blue moon they get my store credit). Evidently my Kmart ran out of copies really early, which at that point I was told they were ordering more but they couldn't tell me when the shipment would arrive really. Needless to say the local store didn't have any copies but they were more then welcome to take my info and call me when their shipment came in (hopefully today) and I was thinking, man it would be great if I could get this level of care, but it's a shame that I have to pay full market price because obviously as a small business owner he can't offer great sales.

Makes me also wish I was closer to Chicago because I would love to be part of that meeting.[/QUOTE]
We'll make sure to set up some skype sessions as well :)

For those of you who are having trouble finding MS Points cards in your store, here is my tip. If the electronics/gaming department has a hole on the shelf where they should be, try looking near the front of the store, there should be a generic gift card display, with gift cards for various restaurants and retail stores. I've found 1600 MS Point cards on those displays at two different stores in the past two weeks.

Good luck!

Been looking for $20 PSN cards at the three stores in the Charleston area, no luck at all. One store has 19 of them in inventory, but no one can find them, they think they were thrown out when they got their last shipment of xbox cards in :(

hmm the sound of that has almost made me emotionless lol i guess i will get feeling back in a few days when i shout yes!! while eating some coco puffs lol... would love to start a new York chapter of this program if thats something you have in mind.. hell i have a 4 month vacation coming up where do i send my resume to!! bags and train ticket to chicago here i come!! lol :applause::D:D

Just got back from the Bridgeton, MO store and there were no copies of Golden Sun in sight. They had plenty of the regular edition of Epic Mickey though as well as a few CEs. Didn't pick up anything. Going to try the Dunn Rd. store tomorrow to see if they have Golden Sun.

I want in on this. When you need a ground guy in the Boston area, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so I gave Kmart a 3rd chance this morning. It's the Kmart that I picked up Kirby's Epic Yarn at (and had an amazing experience then, which was unheard of for me and Kmart).

Charlene A at the Zephyrhills, FL Kmart needs a promotion. She was great, helped me find everything and range me up. The only hiccup was when I went to pay for Golden Sun and Dragon Quest IX (they didn't have anything else that I wanted, a la the Epic Mickey paintbrush and SoulSilver), she told me that the $40 coupon would only apply to one game. I went with it, knowing that wasn't the case.

$10 + tax for DQ9 and Golden Sun, and I picked up De Blob for $5 + tax by using an Epic Mickey coupon (intended on using it on the paintbrush w/ Golden Sun and Dragon Quest, but eh).

I just want to say, Charlene at the Zephyrhills Kmart (Store # 3761) is amazing. Aside from the small confusion about the coupons (the $40 coupon took off $40, not $35 like she said, but no big deal, I knew it would) she's quite possibly the most awesome person I've ever met in retail.

I told her the story of my treks last night to Tallahassee and Perry and she was appalled by the way I was treated, saying it shouldn't happen (obviously). Either way, while I still haven't picked up SoulSilver (which I am still hopeful of getting, $15 coupon or not) or the paintbrush, neither one matters. I also have an Epic Mickey coupon left to use that I am hoping will actually be used (I'm sure it will... it was tempting to get DQ 4 today, since they had about 5 copies, but...).

So, here's the edited version of today's trek:
Golden Sun + Dragon Quest = $50 - $40 DKC:R/Wii coupon = $10 + tax & $25 in coupons
De Blob = $20 - $15 Epic Mickey coupon = $5 + tax.

Total: $20 out of pocket, and $25 in coupons. Still made out well :D.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Done. $25 it is.[/QUOTE]

im so excited about dead space 2 I just wish there was a way to get a 25 dollar coupon so when i can buy it cheap and get a coupon. but it looks like theres no more coupon offers other than the week tron one next week. unless im missing something

[quote name='godsmack13']Been looking for $20 PSN cards at the three stores in the Charleston area, no luck at all. One store has 19 of them in inventory, but no one can find them, they think they were thrown out when they got their last shipment of xbox cards in :([/QUOTE]

are psn cards on sale

[quote name='bredbu']are psn cards on sale[/QUOTE]

Nah, not that I'm aware of. I wish :) Just looking to use an Epic Mickey "pre-order" coupon on one

have people seen Demon's Souls in stock at kmart? I don't recall seeing it but It'd be nice to give that cursed game another try with the Greatest Hits sale next week.

And yes, Medal of Honor multiplayer is a joke.

Constantly getting sniped upon spawning is not fun. Someone should make a multiplayer shooter without sniper rifles. They always ruin games. Black Ops is kind of that since the snipers are useless.

Black Ops is okay but I think Im going back to halo reach soon. And I need to practice SSF4 a lot. All these other games coming out are ruining my Honda/Chun game.

Trying to get back in the top 300 for Pac Man Champ 2 5 min challenge..

Funny, talked to a friend today who told me that he bought the 3rd and Last Copy of Dark Dawn at my local Kmart. Now I feel bad for questioning if they actually sold them all. Oh well, was refreshing to hear that they actually had them out on the shelves like he told me.

Guess it made since because they did have Epic Mickey out that day.

Yeah Phenomic, sorry I didn't message you last night. Ended up home at midnight and just completely forgot sorry :(.

The DS case there was just a mess. And then waiting 10 minutes to get someone to walk their ass over from the register to the case was unacceptable when 4 people were at the register (there's only 1 checkout people...). I'm done with that Kmart for a long time.

gonna side with MOH on that discussion. I really enjoyed the single player.

I really disliked single player black ops. I hate the obvious spawn wells, i hate how scripted everything is, i hate the converse of spawn wells, in that, in some cases you can rush to the next 'spawn' point, and all the enemies behind you that you skipped die off automatically... as someone else said, it just feels like it's 95% on rails, and i hate it. MOH didn't feel nearly as bad to me, though it suffers from a light coating of the same issues since it's a checkpoint based FPS.

[quote name='Phenomic']Funny, talked to a friend today who told me that he bought the 3rd and Last Copy of Dark Dawn at my local Kmart. Now I feel bad for questioning if they actually sold them all. Oh well, was refreshing to hear that they actually had them out on the shelves like he told me.

Guess it made since because they did have Epic Mickey out that day.[/QUOTE]

My Kmart only got 4.

Picked up epic mickey today. They still had the collector's edition available as well. Now I just have to go back on Sunday and get NBA Jam which should end my coupon train of buying crap I don't really need.

[quote name='DonWii']My Kmart only got 4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the shipment count was definitely low, but the shocking thing was I went at like 11 AM the day it said it was available in the AD. I've never actually had a problem with stock at my store because it seems every time I've went to pick up I'm always the first one who asks because they seem to have to always find it for me in the back-room then proceed to remove it out of the shrink wrapping it came in during shipment.

This game seems to be more popular then I had anticipated it was going to be, the local guy here who sells games at his own shop said he's already run out twice and now he's only got a single copy again after I just picked it up.

Will PS3 owners be able to get in on this?

Haven't posted in awhile but Brian with the Sears customer support team contacted my girlfriend and I about our Black Friday incident, where they refused our coupon when we had no SYWR card (even though it was not required.)

Brian apologized profusely and stated that he is building a case file for this store because, and I quote, "they are in serious need of retraining." He sent out a $10 gift card which was the amount of the coupon they denied for no reason, and asked other questions about our experiences there.

I gave him the name of every employee I ever dealt with that I had a good experience with over the last few months - he stated he will make sure these employees get the recognition they deserve. I don't want one bad cashier (or a handful of them) to harm the employees who DO care about their jobs.

Not sure if I'll go back to K-Mart since this is the third time such an incident has happened but I wanted to throw it out there that Josh and Brian were able to help me yet again, so thanks to them for always being there for me.

Josh, I'll send you a detailed e-mail in the next few days. Brian has done a great job here.

Well I finally picked up Golden Sun with Dragon Quest IX today. I also found Dragon Quest V which I picked up since it qualifies for the $15. The guy who rang me up accidently rang up two copies of Dragon Quest IX, but the customer service rep fixed it in an instant. The best part about everything is I got a Kmart K'Ching Surprise!!! So on top of the games and coupons I get free Glade Aerosol can!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back