Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It does say to contact them directly but if they are giving you the run around that's not cool and I'll push it as well.[/QUOTE]

oh i've contacted them a million times. Last thing they told me was, oh the points will probably show up mid december WHATTTT? 45 days after my purchases. Unacceptable. Not only that but holding for 20 mins everytime I call is annoying too.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']You're not getting a coupon for Cataclysm, you're getting a coupon from purchasing Cataclysm. The coupon will be good on a future purchase.[/QUOTE]

ok cool TY

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I really hope Super Mario Anniversary is gonna be in the sales ad. I know no store in my area is gonna put it out on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

The good news, though, is that you can be sure nobody will have bought it and they will be safely "reserved" in the back of the store somewhere. If I can't find it elsewhere (I'm really not expecting it to be THAT hard on day one, though), I'll be heading to K-Mart and be more aggressive than usual. There is one guy that knows his stuff in the electronics section. If he's not there, the attitude is pretty much "if you don't see it in the case, we don't have it". Although, I guess if I was there early in the morning, they couldn't use the "we sold out" excuse.

I mean, these Nintendo Sunday releases have to be at the store well in advance, right?

[quote name='Borellius']Josh, this is just a suggestion from what i have read and my own experiences. It seems that there is never a set place that the games can be found, what IF kmart put out a new kinda display that had all the games sections like it is now sort of, and they showed what games they have but a separate storage like underneath the display and they were sorted alphabetical so the cashier would know where to look and a little screen on the side that had a constantly updating stock display, so people wouldn't be asking how many or if any they had.* Im sure there is some kind of program like that or maybe get it started* and on top of that a big marquee display that says * get your game on.. Ill draw you some plans so you can kinda see what im talking about. I think that would be awesome. No more attendants saying we dont have any or we cant find it. They get inventory, put it up scan it and just go by that. Well, just my 2 cents. :)[/QUOTE]
Great suggestion, I have a new fixture program that I'm working to get approval for that is very similar to what you are talking about. Hopefully it passes!!!

When do you think the new December deals will be posted? I'm trying to decide if I should cash in all my coupons toward Tron or if I should wait for some better deal. I need to know by Tuesday morning, which is my only day off. Please let us know!!!

So Josh are we correct to assume the $20 sale on PS3 GH are only for the Sony-published games? Two non-Sony published GH (CoD: World at War and Demon's Soul) did not ring up on sale yesterday according to other posters.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Great suggestion, I have a new fixture program that I'm working to get approval for that is very similar to what you are talking about. Hopefully it passes!!![/QUOTE]

Nice!! no more reasons why the games aren't out on release date! another great suggestion would be to actually sent out a hard cover paper with all the game releases for THAT week, that way they know which games to look for in the back room.. sometimes games get delayed or shipment delay and just sit in boxes because it says not to open until the date the box has written on them. that would clarify any issues with release week. keep up the good work josh :applause::applause:

p.s. it would be pretty cool if you ran like a contest for who can make the best prototype display case and maybe have it built and used by k-mart. that would be awesome

Had an issue trying to use my $20 coupon from Epic Mickey for a PSN points card at the store in Beavercreek, Ohio. (There was nothing in the coupon wording that stated it wasn't good on them.) Guy working electronics (didn't catch name) said the store manager, who's name was Bill, said only to accept them on games, not points cards or accessories. I had him call to verify and he said not to take it. I asked to speak to him directly, but after waiting on him for 5-10 mins, I just said screw it and left.

Ended up just going to a different store and using my coupon on NBA Jam which ended up being a better deal, but still.

I have a $15 coupon and since it's games only I can't buy any Xbox Live Points . I was wondering , does anyone know any good games K-Mart has for Xbox 360 that's $15-$25 ?

[quote name='naganoodle']Had an issue trying to use my $20 coupon from Epic Mickey for a PSN points card at the store in Beavercreek, Ohio. (There was nothing in the coupon wording that stated it wasn't good on them.) Guy working electronics (didn't catch name) said the store manager, who's name was Bill, said only to accept them on games, not points cards or accessories. I had him call to verify and he said not to take it. I asked to speak to him directly, but after waiting on him for 5-10 mins, I just said screw it and left.

Ended up just going to a different store and using my coupon on NBA Jam which ended up being a better deal, but still.[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. I have used several of the Epic Mickey coupons on points cards. I even used the $30 em ce coupon on a $50 psn card last night without a hitch. I picked up NBA jam as well and I hope it's fun because it sure looks good.

[quote name='bickle']Agreed. This is a huuuge thread & having to sift through 100 posts isn't exactly user friendly.[/QUOTE]
Suggestion: Go into your settings on CAG and change it to view 100 posts per page. 100 posts is pretty damn user friendly to me if it's an option for viewing...

Not only does it mean less clicking to go to the next page, it makes reading a good bit all at once pretty easy.

Also, I apologize for the seemingly late reply. CAG went down last night a few minutes before I went to bed, and I was unable to reply this morning. :)

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']I have a $15 coupon and since it's games only I can't buy any Xbox Live Points . I was wondering , does anyone know any good games K-Mart has for Xbox 360 that's $15-$25 ?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. If you don't have Mass Effect 2 yet, that can be found for $19.99. Same thing for Dragon Age Origins or Awakening. Someone said Alan Wake went on clearance but it's still $29.99 as far as I've seen. NBA Jam is only $29.99 this week but it doesn't really appeal to me. Then there's always the new Red Dead Undead Nightmare for $29.99, which seems to have a lot of content.

I'm going to hold onto mine for a couple more weeks to see what other deals Josh comes up with.

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']I have a $15 coupon and since it's games only I can't buy any Xbox Live Points . I was wondering , does anyone know any good games K-Mart has for Xbox 360 that's $15-$25 ?[/QUOTE]

Which $15 coupon you have? Because I used a $15 coupon towards XBL points(granted I don't remember if it was the Epic Mickey Coupon or from the one from last week with the purchase of any game 40+) But the coupon has to say excludes points for you not to use it on points.

The cashier at the store I was at yesterday said they have had a lot of people bringing in counterfeit coupons.. that's annoying. At least they aren't too smart.

All he said was they were copying the front and all the usually have to do is check that the back has the kmart printing from their labels and that it's thermal ink. Most of the idiots copying these aren't smart enough to duplicate them in a detailed way.

Is there a reason a majority of these games aren't being offered on Kmart's website? Seems strange considering the company's holdings website catalog...

In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep lobbying Amazon for a pricematch (I'd suggest others do the same).

[quote name='MSUHitman']So Josh are we correct to assume the $20 sale on PS3 GH are only for the Sony-published games? Two non-Sony published GH (CoD: World at War and Demon's Soul) did not ring up on sale yesterday according to other posters.[/QUOTE]

The full list is now in the OP (and you are right they are all Sony published games).

[quote name='jer7583']The cashier at the store I was at yesterday said they have had a lot of people bringing in counterfeit coupons.. that's annoying. At least they aren't too smart.

All he said was they were copying the front and all the usually have to do is check that the back has the kmart printing from their labels and that it's thermal ink. Most of the idiots copying these aren't smart enough to duplicate them in a detailed way.[/QUOTE]

Thats bc the ppl who could duplicate in a detailed way would counterfeit something better then a coupon lol

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
  • :pc:World of Warcraft Cataclysm
    • $15 gaming coupon on any PC game $39.99 and above
[/QUOTE]

The wording for this is a little confusing. Sounds like either:

(1) every PC game $39.99 and above comes with a $15 gaming coupon
or
(2) $15 gaming coupon that comes with Cataclysm only works on PC games $39.99 and above

I'm pretty sure it's the former, but can someone clarify?

Phew. I finally received my SYWR card through the mail. My account on the site also happens to be fully functional. But I'm missing all the points I submitted prior to joining SYWR. Snap!

[quote name='bang4dabuc']The wording for this is a little confusing. Sounds like either:

(1) every PC game $39.99 and above comes with a $15 gaming coupon
or
(2) $15 gaming coupon that comes with Cataclysm only works on PC games $39.99 and above

I'm pretty sure it's the former, but can someone clarify?[/QUOTE]

I'm very confused on this too. I bought GT5 from kmart specifically to use the $25 from that on Cataclysm. If the $15 coupon I get from cataclysm only works on PC games $39.99 and above I will not be getting it from K-mart.

[quote name='naganoodle']Had an issue trying to use my $20 coupon from Epic Mickey for a PSN points card at the store in Beavercreek, Ohio. (There was nothing in the coupon wording that stated it wasn't good on them.) Guy working electronics (didn't catch name) said the store manager, who's name was Bill, said only to accept them on games, not points cards or accessories. I had him call to verify and he said not to take it. I asked to speak to him directly, but after waiting on him for 5-10 mins, I just said screw it and left.

Ended up just going to a different store and using my coupon on NBA Jam which ended up being a better deal, but still.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure the coupon didnt work because the psn card is actually $19.99 and the coupons dont work if the price is lower than the amount

Hey guys!

Quick questions can gift cards be used with coupons to or not? I am guessing you can but just wanted to get confirmation on that. Thanks!

[quote name='blackasnight']Thats bc the ppl who could duplicate in a detailed way would counterfeit something better then a coupon lol[/QUOTE]
It'd be hilarious if the dudes were counterfeiting coupons in unusual amounts. One hundred dollars!

Another quick question for everyone:

Got a $30 off coupon with my purchase of Epic Mickey CE last week. Now, can this coupon be used on accessories like Kinect? Legal text on the coupon says it can be used on a "gaming purchase." I'd think Kinect is a gaming purchase, but I don't know...

[quote name='snake8574']Hey guys!

Quick questions can gift cards be used with coupons to or not? I am guessing you can but just wanted to get confirmation on that. Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='rydawg25']Another quick question for everyone:

Got a $30 off coupon with my purchase of Epic Mickey CE last week. Now, can this coupon be used on accessories like Kinect? Legal text on the coupon says it can be used on a "gaming purchase." I'd think Kinect is a gaming purchase, but I don't know...[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Thanks for the info, didn't know that.
I am going TDY to Charleston tomorrow and am sure to pass a couple Kmarts, so if I find one with a keyboard (and not the game bundle), I'll use my Black Ops points and two $15 coupons. Should put me at $30 pre-tax.[/QUOTE]
Well, no go on this one. One of the Kmarts I stopped in had been changed over to a Sears Grand and they had the worst prices on games I've seen in a while. There was a copy of Stranglehold for 360 that had been opened and then stickered $14.99. And Scene It: BOS that looked like it had been returned and taped up, for some rediculous price. But they only had the Keys and Game bundle, no standalone keys. And the second one only had a Wii bundle, no standalone keys.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen just the keyboard in any Kmart I've been in. Gamestop and a Best Buy I was in today are the only places I've seen them.

I'm getting ready to call the Camden store, but I think I am probably destined to pay full price for the Keyboard at some other retailer.

[quote name='sadboy']It'd be hilarious if the dudes were counterfeiting coupons in unusual amounts. One hundred dollars![/QUOTE]
I thought it was interesting that at the Kmart I bought Golden Sun and Dragon Quest IX at, the cashier was interested in learning about the deals and how I got a $40 coupon ("the largest I've ever seen was $25"). I told her and she remarked about how that was an interesting promotion and all this.

I truly have to wonder if she was on vacation that week or something. That store has the ad under the glass counter next to the register at electronics, and she has always been on the ball whenever I've been at Kmart. One thing I noticed was that there was a lack of the stickers on the case explaining the deals. Either they don't do those any more or I'm really unobservant, because every other Kmart I've visited in the last 6 months has done that.

[quote name='orangecrush']got a socom/bluetooth headset bundle for $20 at my KMart. I think it must have been a price mistake though, they removed the tag after I bought it.[/QUOTE]So, it turns out the box was missing the headset. I returned it and the other box they had in stock was missing the headset too. That is weird.

I wish my local K-Mart wasn't such a waste of life. I went in looking for NBA Jam and they were all like, oh we sold out 2 weeks ago. Garbage.

Quick question, I am planning to buy 2 copies of Cataclysm tomorrow. If I purchase them on the same receipt will it print 2 coupons or should I pay for them seperately to ensure getting both coupons. Would be nice if it printed 1 $30 coupon. Although I'm a bit hesitant to go with Kmarts deal, my local store didnt have many copies of Starcraft 2 in stock on release. Plus whats the story with this shopyourway points? I have like $30 in points to redeem but cant use them because i dont have a card even thou I have an account.

So...
Is there still the deal where purchasing any game 39.99 and up receive you a $15 coupon? (tell me im not crazy I swear josh posted and mentioned a $15 coupon within this week stating a coupon print out for any game 39.99 and up, which i assume can stack when you purchase Cataclysm?)
Or is that coupon now merged with only buying Cataclysm?

Hope were not pushy Josh but love to know with Cataclysm tomorrow and Mario All stars around the corner.

SHC. Random Suggestion. Considering that Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is 39.99, and NFS Shift is a year or more old, can you consider dropping the price from 29.99 to a more reasonable 19.99. If not, the 20 copies at my local store are going to be sitting there a while. Unless of course someone confuses it with Hot Pursuit.

[quote name='destro4eva']Is Mario Kart on Clearance? How did u get it for $5? Was that with the wheel? :bouncy:

Side note, this thread needs to start getting back to putting the weekly deals, clearance items,etc and such on the 1st page. It's getting messy here. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart Wii is on sale this week @ Kmart for $39.99 & I had a $20 off coupon from Epic Mickey & a $15 coupon from the Epic Mickey presell, so it was $5 or so after coupons. Yeah it came w/ the Wii Wheel. I don't think any copies of this sell new w/ out the wheel.

I was gonna get that last copy of Excitebot Trick Racing w/ the wheel for $5 after coupons but it was buried in the back of the case, so I don't think anyone will see it much less buy it before I get back there w/ coupons. :lol:

BTW...My KMart still had 3 or 4 copies of Epic Mickey CE as of about 9 or 10 PM. They were mostly buried under some EA Fitness accessory. :lol:

I might put one on layaway in the next month or so if one is still left.

[quote name='Mortal Mosher']Any word on how many each store is expected to get of Cataclysm Collectors Edition?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure they aren't getting any at all. I thought I read that in one of the older threads. The same as they didn't get any Civ 5 CEs.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Is there a reason a majority of these games aren't being offered on Kmart's website? Seems strange considering the company's holdings website catalog...

[/QUOTE]
You are lucky they even have a website. They have too many separate entities trying to use one site. You can login while looking at Kmart but if you switch to say Sears or Sears parts direct it opens a new window and you might have to login or reenter all of your info. They need to take it offline for a month and let Walmarts I.T. Dept. fix it for them;)

[quote name='slidecage']wow Cant belive the lack of DS/PSP games in dec and jan WOW[/QUOTE]

There's a lack of games for every system until the end of January.

Anybody knows how to redeem a gaming coupon from the purchase on kmart.com..? it doesn't show up anywhere.. its a pain to shop on kmart.com!:cry:

[quote name='slidecage']wow Cant belive the lack of DS/PSP games in dec and jan WOW[/QUOTE]
Yeah the only new release that I would want to get comes out January 25 and that would be Dead Space 2.

Josh, I would also like to know if the coupon that prints with Cataclysm is in fact limited only to PC games. That wasn't advertised earlier, and I canceled my amazon pre-orders based on your advertisements here that it would include a $15 gaming coupon. I'll be pretty disappointed if that coupon is only for PC games that are $39.99 and up. Any clarification you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated, and preferably before 7AM EST tomorrow (as that's when I'll be picking my copy up!) Thanks!

[quote name='tinyandi']Josh, I would also like to know if the coupon that prints with Cataclysm is in fact limited only to PC games. That wasn't advertised earlier, and I canceled my amazon pre-orders based on your advertisements here that it would include a $15 gaming coupon. I'll be pretty disappointed if that coupon is only for PC games that are $39.99 and up.[/QUOTE]

Of course Josh can answer this for sure, but the newly revised OP says "$15 gaming coupon on any PC game $39.99 and above". So I take that to mean a $15 general gaming coupon - it just happens to print for any PC game $39.99 and above, of which Cataclysm happens to be one... But I do remember seeing earlier that the PC coupon deal was for PC stuff only. So, yeah, Josh needs to clarify ;).

[quote name='addicted2games']ampatrao, do two separate transactions to ensure getting two coupons.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will do. Hope they have enough copies tomorrow.

[quote name='io']Of course Josh can answer this for sure, but the newly revised OP says "$15 gaming coupon on any PC game $39.99 and above". So I take that to mean a $15 general gaming coupon - it just happens to print for any PC game $39.99 and above, of which Cataclysm happens to be one... But I do remember seeing earlier that the PC coupon deal was for PC stuff only. So, yeah, Josh needs to clarify ;).[/QUOTE]

That would be terrible if it's only for pc games. My kmart has about 3 or 4 pc titles total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back