Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ozonekill']I'm sure this has been asked before but can I buy a $20 PSN card with a gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did this. I did have to argue with the staff though.

I've gotta say, I've gone from scoffing at K-mart to loving it.

Never thought I'd go to Kmart for games. Some of the coupons initially got me in, but in the last 2 days I've probably spent like $300 on games. (of course most of them I've been able to flip)

I'm loving it

I can't believe that it's been around 4 months since I've bought a game at a store other than Kmart. Well, today I bought some games at Blockbuster (b1g1) and Target (clearance) to break the streak. I usually buy games at GS whenever they have a B2G1 sale but ever since the deals started at Kmart, I've skipped every one. Good going Josh, you had me hooked.

I don't know if this may be the appropriate place to ask this but...

Does anyone know any way which I can FINALLY receive my $25/25,000 points for my Call of Duty: Black Ops purchase?

Mind you I purchased the game over a month ago now (11/09) and had all my membership info there when I get rung out at the cash register, yet I STILL only show $0.60 in my Shop Your Way Rewards Account.

I opened a claim on 11/23 (I waited 2 weeks after my purchase to open one...) and still nothing.

I called the customer service line for Shop Your Way Rewards today and decided that 15 minutes was enough time for me to wait to get a customer service rep on the phone, so I hung up.

This whole situation is pretty infuriating actually...Has anyone else had the same experience?

Maybe a certain Kmart-affiliated CAG member can give me some advice on how I can get my funds quicker....?

[quote name='MikeE021286']I don't know if this may be the appropriate place to ask this but...

Does anyone know any way which I can FINALLY receive my $25/25,000 points for my Call of Duty: Black Ops purchase?

Mind you I purchased the game over a month ago now (11/09) and had all my membership info there when I get rung out at the cash register, yet I STILL only show $0.60 in my Shop Your Way Rewards Account.

I opened a claim on 11/23 (I waited 2 weeks after my purchase to open one...) and still nothing.

I called the customer service line for Shop Your Way Rewards today and decided that 15 minutes was enough time for me to wait to get a customer service rep on the phone, so I hung up.

This whole situation is pretty infuriating actually...Has anyone else had the same experience?

Maybe a certain Kmart-affiliated CAG member can give me some advice on how I can get my funds quicker....?[/QUOTE]

Email Josh. His info is on the first page, first post.

I had a similar situation. I emailed Josh and he is working on it for me.

I need help in making a decision. I'm thinking about picking up either NBA Jam or Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit using any combination of two fifteen dollar coupons (one which will expire this weekend). The reason for my indecision is, I never really got into either game/series, so I'm not sure which one I would enjoy more. I basically suck at both of those genres.

Received my giftcard today. Thanks SHC. Also I have a question, let's say an item is cheaper on Kmart.com than in the B&M Kmart store, will they price match their online price in store? Same goes with Sears. Thanks.

[quote name='Bud Bundy Doll']Email Josh. His info is on the first page, first post.

I had a similar situation. I emailed Josh and he is working on it for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will do that

P.S. I called back and I've been on hold for 40 min (and climbing!) :drool:

edit: bailed after 55 min...they killed my battery lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i officially calling it quit . never going to kmart again even though the deal are great. i can almost never get the game on deal week. they have them the next week after there no deal. i went to kmart to buy $20 psn card and the csr was like WTF that. she had one right next to the counter so i pointed . and she say uhh you cant have that one. what about the rest in the case. she say none of them work. . so i was like oh fuck it. i swear i wanted to jump over the counter and kick her fat ass in the face.

thank SHC for all the great deal but im not going to kmart again

Well, in hopes of Kmart here carrying a DS Lite that I could pawn off $45 in gaming coupons on ($130 - $45 = $85 + tax, woulda been nice), I stopped by. No luck on that front, but I did pick up:

• Mario vs Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem for $30 - $15 coupon = $15 + tax
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns for $50 - $20 Epic Mickey coupon = $30 + tax (Merry Xmas to my nephew, he keeps adding to his gaming list and I keep checking it off....)
  • Press Your Luck 2010 for $15 - $10 DQ9 coupon = $5 + tax
One problem from the cashier (Zephyrhills, FL store, where I've never had an issue):
I went to use 3 coupons on Mario vs DK and DKC:R (in the same transaction) and got told they could only accept 2 of them (one per item). This kinda bugged me but I just said fine and ended up getting Press Your Luck for $5 in a transaction about 5 minutes later. It did however get me to buy something from the now overflowing clearance bin they have right next to the register. Either they cleaned out the cases or something, because it was almost empty 6 days ago.

I didn't really fight the "one per item" thing since it wasn't really that big a deal, but it's pretty annoying to get denied when the coupons have in bold "MAY BE COMBINED WITH OTHER GAMING COUPONS" on them.

The cashier there has been awesome, so I think it's just the manager making up rules. She even was happy to see me again, and was almost amazed when I finally made a transaction there without getting a coupon back. I did tell her though that I'd probably be back Sunday, and she asked what was coming out- so I told her about SMAS. Hopefully, that means that they will have it in stock since I did at least do my job and drop a game title that's supposed to be out.

[quote name='NipPicker']i officially calling it quit . never going to kmart again even though the deal are great. i can almost never get the game on deal week. they have them the next week after there no deal. i went to kmart to buy $20 psn card and the csr was like WTF that. she had one right next to the counter so i pointed . and she say uhh you cant have that one. what about the rest in the case. she say none of them work. . so i was like oh fuck it. i swear i wanted to jump over the counter and kick her fat ass in the face.

thank SHC for all the great deal but im not going to kmart again[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna bet that you couldn't bend over to tie your shoes, much less pull off this maneuver. Is getting a $20 PSN card really this important? Relax. Go shop somewhere else then.

----

Kmart and sears don't pricematch what's online. Sears pricematches competition prices (although it's a HUGE pain in the ass-- even worse than Best Buy) if they have it in stock. Kmart doesn't pricematch anything.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm gonna bet that you couldn't bend over to tie your shoes, much less pull off this maneuver. Is getting a $20 PSN card really this important? Relax. Go shop somewhere else then.[/QUOTE]

Forget about shopping. He needs to take an English class.

Thanks for answering my question about the points/ coupon, guys.
So coupons are dead once used but points get back on your card(regarding returns)..got it.

Gaming coupons work on PSN cards but if you have a $20 coupon, you can't get a $20 PSN card. It has to be over $20. Best if you have a $15 coupon to get it. Or a $25 coupon to get a $50 PSN card.

To the guy that got screwed on the 25k point on blops, next time save the receipt for that purchase. They tried to pull some shit on me but I kept my blops receipt and showed them the points on my card. I think the guy at the cashier was just clueless about it, he didn't even know about points or how to use them (route 18 east brunswick NJ

[quote name='mr_burnzz']

Gaming coupons work on PSN cards but if you have a $20 coupon, you can't get a $20 PSN card. It has to be over $20. Best if you have a $15 coupon to get it. Or a $25 coupon to get a $50 PSN card.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Did you even read the responses? YES YOU CAN USE A $20 COUPON ON A $20 PSN CARD AND GET IT FOR FREE PLUS TAX.
Shesh...

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Seriously? Did you even read the responses? YES YOU CAN USE A $20 COUPON ON A $20 PSN CARD AND GET IT FOR FREE PLUS TAX.
Shesh...[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't read the thread but I did read someone asking about that and I was just being nice answering it since I tried to do just that (buy 20 PSN card with 20 coupon) a month ago and it wouldn't let me. I tried to buy gum or candy with it but it still wouldn't go. So in my experience IT DOESN'T WORK.
Perhaps because the tax doesn't get added where I live and does where you live. I am unsure.

Bummer we no longer have a kmart in memphis.
There used to be a kiosk where you could try a lot of the top 10 games. Not sure why more stores don't have that.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']No, I didn't read the thread but I did read someone asking about that and I was just being nice answering it since I tried to do just that (buy 20 PSN card with 20 coupon) a month ago and it wouldn't let me. I tried to buy gum or candy with it but it still wouldn't go. So in my experience IT DOESN'T WORK.
Perhaps because the tax doesn't get added where I live and does where you live. I am unsure.[/QUOTE]

I've done it in both Mass and Ohio. My friend Brian has done it in Pa as well. Should work everywhere as your gaming purchase is 20 dollars and the coupon is for 20 dollars or more. Was it the sales person who blocked it or did you see the computer reject it?

The gaming coupons state that all you need is a purchase of $XX.00 (whatever the coupon is worth, $10, $15, $20, $25, $30, $40, $50, whatever) or more.

If you get a $20 PSN card and use a $20 coupon, you can get it for free. In my experience, using a coupon also deducts the sales tax accordingly, so in theory you could get it for free, but that's of course YMMV and only in theory.

[quote name='sadboy']I need help in making a decision. I'm thinking about picking up either NBA Jam or Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit using any combination of two fifteen dollar coupons (one which will expire this weekend). The reason for my indecision is, I never really got into either game/series, so I'm not sure which one I would enjoy more. I basically suck at both of those genres.[/QUOTE]

I'm not great at racing games (see my total failure to win a single online race in Blur), but I'm having a blast with the Hot Pursuit online mode. I even win regularly. 4v4 cops vs racers, with limited abilities to use against the other team. It's intense. Career is decent, but I'm largely ignoring it for now.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I've done it in both Mass and Ohio. My friend Brian has done it in Pa as well. Should work everywhere as your gaming purchase is 20 dollars and the coupon is for 20 dollars or more. Was it the sales person who blocked it or did you see the computer reject it?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the computer rejected it because the sales guy seemed pretty on the ball. It was a 20 coupon from Red dead back then. I think it may have been priced at 19.99 for the PSN card or something. I just know that I wanted to get a 20 PSN card with the 20 coupon and it wouldn't let me so I ended up with a 50 PSN card. Maybe they changed it since then or just a rare case/fuck up.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I'm sure the computer rejected it because the sales guy seemed pretty on the ball. It was a 20 coupon from Red dead back then. I think it may have been priced at 19.99 for the PSN card or something. I just know that I wanted to get a 20 PSN card with the 20 coupon and it wouldn't let me so I ended up with a 50 PSN card. Maybe they changed it since then or just a rare case/fuck up.[/QUOTE]

It worked on my psn card but it would not work on a 19.99 item like an xbox live 1600 points card.

Standing in line at Kmart. This is the fucking worst experience. Taking 40 mins just to ring me up. No wonder this shitty place filed for bankruptcy.

[quote name='Dranakin']Standing in line at Kmart. This is the fucking worst experience. Taking 40 mins just to ring me up. No wonder this shitty place filed for bankruptcy.[/QUOTE]

It can definitely be a bad experience. When I got my 20 dollar psn card, it took 45 mins.

Hopefully Josh can extend the coupon expiration dates next year so I can use my LBP2 coupon on DS2, seeing how they are just over the 1 month time period mark. (if they have coupons)

guys the PSN cards have no tax becuse when you purchase something in the ps store, they charge tax on those items, so if you were to pay tax on the cards, it'd be like double tax. so when you use 20 coupon on 20 psn cards its free.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I apologize for the delay, but I got next week's ad in.

K-Mart Circular Effective Sunday, December 12 through Saturday, December 18, 2010
(Note: Bolded prices are sale items, coupons, and other items of interest. All others are MSRP.)

Nintendo Wii Bundle with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and MotionPlus - $199.99 - Get a $50 Gaming Coupon when you buy ANY Wii System
:wii: Wii Fit Plus with Wii Balance Board - $89.99
:wii: Fun N Fit Kit - $79.99

:wii: Super Mario All Stars - $29.99 - Get a $10 Gaming Coupon when you buy Super Mario All Stars

Save $10 on these featured WII TITLES
:wii: Wheel of Fortune - $19.99
:wii: Goldeneye 007 - $39.99
:wii: Sonic Colors - $39.99
:wii: Jeopardy - $19.99
:wii: NBA Jam - $39.99
:wii: Nickelodeon Fit - $29.99

Save $10 on these featured WII FAMILY GAMES
:wii: Just Dance - $29.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 - $29.99
:wii: Just Dance Kids - $19.99
:wii: Family Feud Decades - $19.99
:wii: Hollywood Squares - $19.99
:wii: Dance on Broadway - $19.99
:wii: Who Wants to be a Millionaire? - $19.99
:wii: The Amazing Race - $19.99

Nintendo DSi XL - $169.99 Each

Xbox 360 4GB System - $199.99
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - $49.99
Xbox 360 Live 4000 Points Card - $49.99

Save $20 on these HOT GAMES
:360: Fable 3 - $39.99
:360: Halo Reach - $39.99
:360: :ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition - $39.99

Save $10 on these Games AND ALSO get a $20 Gaming Coupon
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $49.99
:360: :ps3: Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 - $49.99

Other Notable Items:
$14.99 DVDs & $19.99 Blu-Rays
Up
Inception
Shrek: The Final Chapter
Iron Man 2
The Expendables
How to Train Your Dragon
(Not sure if the BR versions of the following movies are also $19.99)
Knight and Day
Grown Ups
Letters to Juliet

Get a FREE Despicable Me notebook with custom photo cover with purchase of DVD or Blu-Ray (Price of movie not shown)[/QUOTE]

:)

Just wanted to say, "Thank you Kmart!" With my Epic Mickey promotional $15 coupon, I picked up Cataclysm for $26.00 after taxes and will be using that $15 coupon to pick up LBP2.

Just a heads up: It wasn't all easy. I went at 7am on release day to the nearest Kmart. I got to the Kmart and the lady at the Electronics section said they didn't sell PC games. I kindly pointed her to the area with all the WoW games, and she said, "Huh, who knew." Because Cataclysm wasn't in the case, she went and looked both in the back storage area and in receiving. After 30 minutes, she said they just didn't get it. I called another Kmart, and they said they had it. Picked it up without any glitches there. So, not totally the easiest pick up, but a pick up nonetheless.

[quote name='ProjectSleep']Hopefully Josh can extend the coupon expiration dates next year so I can use my LBP2 coupon on DS2, seeing how they are just over the 1 month time period mark. (if they have coupons)[/QUOTE]

Assuming DS2 is Dead Space 2.. DS2 comes out a week after LBP2.

Not just that, but gaming coupons are normally valid for 6 weeks from the day they are good.

Ex: The Golden Sun DS coupon is good 12/5 to 1/15.

[quote name='2DMention']What's this I hear of a $10 coupon toward Super Mario All Stars?[/QUOTE]

Super Mario All Stars has a $10 gaming coupon that prints out when you buy it.

Well I was gonna get NFS, but both local kmarts are out of stock, apparently. I called them, so only an hour was wasted trying to find a copy.

[quote name='2DMention']What's this I hear of a $10 coupon toward Super Mario All Stars?[/QUOTE]
What's this I hear of people needing to read the OP and 2nd post?

It states pretty damn well the info about gaming coupons, including the fact that they print with your receipt AFTER the transaction and are not towards the item, but are good on your next gaming purchase.

Any chance we'll see another coupon/deal on the XBOX360 Slim / Kinect bundle?

I have a friend that is interested in picking a bundle up since messing around at my place with Dance Central.

This probably won't help a ton of people, as it is the last day of this weeks' deal, but IF you buy multiple PC software games in a single transaction, ONE coupon will print out.

My $20 coupon from Epic Mickey is struggling to find use. If I throw a soda into the purchase can I use it on a PSN card?

[quote name='mindsale']My $20 coupon from Epic Mickey is struggling to find use. If I throw a soda into the purchase can I use it on a PSN card?[/QUOTE]

The soda isn't a gaming purchase so that won't be taken into consideration. However, people have said that you can use a $20 coupon on a $20 PSN card because it reaches the minimum requirement of $20.

[quote name='Altanis']What's this I hear of people needing to read the OP and 2nd post?
.[/QUOTE]

where exactly is it in OP and SP?

Now i could be blind but I don't actually see it.

I know Josh mentioned it a LONG time ago but I havent had him confirm.

I don't know why Mario All Stars is showing 49.99 on their site, but I hope that's a mistake. I know it was showing 29.99 a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back