Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We'll be supporting Ghost Trick in select stores but we won't have an offer.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Will probably just wait on that one then.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']So for all of us with large amounts of gaming coupons that are expiring in Jan (due to the awesome deals of the past), are there going to be any 'good' deals or should I go out and grab stuff now since it appears that the stores never restock?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't hold out if the coupons are set to expire. Outside of the new releases my hands are tied a bit on catalog promotions this month.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I wouldn't hold out if the coupons are set to expire. Outside of the new releases my hands are tied a bit on catalog promotions this month.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response, I'll hit up Kmart later today to use up my coupons.

I went to pick up Lost In Shadow today and was told they didn't get any in stock.

Has anyone been able to pick it up at their Kmart today?

[quote name='imanerd0011']I went to pick up Lost In Shadow today and was told they didn't get any in stock.

Has anyone been able to pick it up at their Kmart today?[/QUOTE]
No Kmart will have this title actually.

[quote name='litobirdy']um hello the LBP2 CE will be $80.. so what you just said with all the costumes adding up to about $20, well there goes the increase of $20 in price. So I guess really what your gettin as a bonus is the plush toy and bookend.[/QUOTE]
Well, good luck buying all of the bonus costumes for $20 though :) If you're buying the game, chances are you're into the cool little playable characters too, so ultimately you might spend extra money on the costumes anyway.

The thing with LBP is that there are tons of custom levels... I played God of War levels with the sackboy Kratos. Obviously, there are no Mario sackboys for the Super Mario Bro. levels (some of them are damn good, I heart them all). Expect Toy Story levels... Tron levels... $80 for the CE, packed with exclusive costumes, it's a bargain (excluding gaming coupons and such). I already pre-ordered from Amazon since the CE was announced, so I think I'm good (I never have a pre-order canceled from Amazon yet, but I did have other out of stock items canceled on me).

Look, if I can get a copy of LBP2 CE in K-mart, I'm all for it, but I'm not going to risk the chance. I had the exact strategy with GT5 CE, but learned later that K-mart didn't carry the GT5 CE at all.

[quote name='imanerd0011']I went to pick up Lost In Shadow today and was told they didn't get any in stock.

Has anyone been able to pick it up at their Kmart today?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully when more attention/traffic comes to kmart due to these deals they will be able to implement some sort of pre-order program to help get smaller titles like this in store without having to buy 10,000 pieces that might never move.

Alright, so I'm back in the CE game now that the holidays have passed. CE Update

LBP 2 - This has already been bought so I can't take anymore requests...about 1/3 of all stores will be getting this
Dead Space 2 - not ordered but I do not have confirmation from EA yet if we will even be getting any so no promises
Killzone 3 - Requests are welcome and we have a decent amount of confirmed CEs from Sony

Please see the OP about reaching out to me as my inbox is full

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No Kmart will have this title actually.[/QUOTE]
Oh, ouch. I was figuring my coupon would go toward Lost in Shadow. Guess I have to come up with something else.

I know it's 2 months away, but if Square insists on putting out Deus Ex on March 8, that will be the 6th video game to come out that day (Dragon Age 2, Deus Ex, MLB 2k11, MLB The Show 11, NFS Shift 2, and Homefront.) Any help on deals for some of those games, preferably Homefront or maybe even Deus Ex if you get the limited edition of it, would be greatly appreciated.

I know I should have asked this previously, but will the LBP2 CE come with the same $20 coupon as the standard will? I would assume so, but I refuse to take it for granted.

[quote name='brentcaldwell1']I know I should have asked this previously, but will the LBP2 CE come with the same $20 coupon as the standard will? I would assume so, but I refuse to take it for granted.[/QUOTE]
YES! The gaming coupon is the same regardless you're buying the standard version or super duper ultra edition. This always the case... If not, by comparison, CoD BO remote-control-car-edition should give back $50+ reward, rather than $25 reward...

Of course, unlike Amazon, not all CE/LE have the same gaming credit (or no gaming credit) as the standard edition.

So has anyone else had this issue with SYWR? .... I occasionally log into my account just to make sure that my $25.00 credit from Black Ops is still there, however, today when I logged in it was no longer there nor was the bonus credit that came from signing up at the time.

Any luck in getting these credits back? I highly doubt I still have the receipt from Nov. 9th. On a side note, they did issue me 2 card numbers, however, I only received one physical card so I'm wondering if my points are on some phantom account?+

I believe my phrasing was a bit off. I did not mean to imply that I wished to see a better coupon with the CE. I just prefer not to assume. Not every retailer would offer a coupon with every version of the product. Take Amazon, for example. They often offer credit for standard versions only. If anything, coupons or promo credits should be for CEs only, but that's another matter entirely.

[quote name='oiskaio']So has anyone else had this issue with SYWR? .... I occasionally log into my account just to make sure that my $25.00 credit from Black Ops is still there, however, today when I logged in it was no longer there nor was the bonus credit that came from signing up at the time.

Any luck in getting these credits back? I highly doubt I still have the receipt from Nov. 9th. On a side note, they did issue me 2 card numbers, however, I only received one physical card so I'm wondering if my points are on some phantom account?+[/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken, the points reset every quarter-year.
Dec. 31st was the last day to use points gained from Oct. - Dec.
At least that's how the terms and conditions read online.

[quote name='Vader582']If I'm not mistaken, the points reset every quarter-year.
At least that's how the terms and conditions read online.[/QUOTE]

Ah thank you. Not that I was going to use them any time soon, but just surprised to see them missing.

[quote name='Vader582']If I'm not mistaken, the points reset every quarter-year.
Could you double-check to make sure that's accurate? According to the FAQ on the site, the points are valid for up to a year.

I logged onto SYWR. My points are still there.

[quote name='sadboy']Could you double-check to make sure that's accurate? According to the FAQ on the site, the points are valid for up to a year.

I logged onto SYWR. My points are still there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I misread. I was checking shortly after Christmas to see if I needed to use my points up before the end of the year. I mistook a 2011 for a 2010.

ALL POINTS EXPIRE AT THE END OF THE CALENDAR QUARTER FOLLOWING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE DATE THE POINTS WERE EARNED BY THE MEMBER. Calendar quarter end dates are December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30. For example, points earned on November 1, 2010 will expire on December 31, 2011.

[quote name='Vader582']Yeah, I misread. I was checking shortly after Christmas to see if I needed to use my points up before the end of the year. I mistook a 2011 for a 2010.[/QUOTE]

Grr guess I'll have to call them .. which judging from some of these posts should be a great time! /sarcasm :roll:

im not familiar with Kmart and there game coupons, so if i buy Mass Effect 2 and get the $20 game coupon, can i come back and use that coupon to buy LBP2 the same day?

Speaking of points, can something be done about using them in store without the card? At this point I'm sitting on about $34 of points that I can't use because I never received the card in the mail after setting up my account online back in November. My local store in Kearny, NJ constantly refuses to allow me to redeem them & I'm feeling pretty ripped-off at this point. That's a lot of money that I've spent in K-Mart & Sears collectively this holiday season to get that many points.

[quote name='ampatrao']Speaking of points, can something be done about using them in store without the card? At this point I'm sitting on about $34 of points that I can't use because I never received the card in the mail after setting up my account online back in November. My local store in Kearny, NJ constantly refuses to allow me to redeem them & I'm feeling pretty ripped-off at this point. That's a lot of money that I've spent in K-Mart & Sears collectively this holiday season to get that many points.[/QUOTE]
https://www.shopyourwayrewards.com/sywr/faq_do
[quote name='"From their FAQ"']
To replace your lost card, please contact Shop Your Way Rewards at 1.800.991.8708, Monday - Sunday, 8 am - 11 pm, Central Standard Time, or send an email requesting a replacement card to [email protected]. While it can take up to 4 weeks for your replacement card to arrive in the mail, please note you can still earn points by asking an Associate to look up your Member number using your phone number or email address. Issued points (including negative balances) will be transferred to the new Member card. Please note that you will be unable to redeem points until you receive your new card with your new Member information.
[/quote]

[quote name='MSUHitman']I know it's 2 months away, but if Square insists on putting out Deus Ex on March 8, that will be the 6th video game to come out that day (Dragon Age 2, Deus Ex, MLB 2k11, MLB The Show 11, NFS Shift 2, and Homefront.) Any help on deals for some of those games, preferably Homefront or maybe even Deus Ex if you get the limited edition of it, would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex got delayed. Won't be out until at least April.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1140480p1.html

[quote name='xewndar1']im not familiar with Kmart and there game coupons, so if i buy Mass Effect 2 and get the $20 game coupon, can i come back and use that coupon to buy LBP2 the same day?[/QUOTE]

It says it right there on the front page:
There is a delay in the activation of the coupon until the following Sunday
For example, buy Dead Rising 2 and get a $20 Gaming coupon on Tuesday, the code will not be effective until that Sunday.

[quote name='DRKnight']Didn't see this answered is Kmart getting in any collectors editions of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Using the handy Search bar says "hopefully"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DRKnight']Didn't see this answered is Kmart getting in any collectors editions of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Using the handy Search bar says "hopefully"

[quote name='MSUHitman']I know it's 2 months away, but if Square insists on putting out Deus Ex on March 8, that will be the 6th video game to come out that day (Dragon Age 2, Deus Ex, MLB 2k11, MLB The Show 11, NFS Shift 2, and Homefront.) Any help on deals for some of those games, preferably Homefront or maybe even Deus Ex if you get the limited edition of it, would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex is no longer coming out on the 8th. It will be out in April at the earliest.

Source

My problem isn't that I lost it, it's that I never got it in the first place. I don't understand how they can access your account to add transactions in-store without the card but they refuse to allow spending points without it. Obviously I'm not gonna get any response from Josh or any satisfaction on the issue at this point so I'll just do my shopping elsewhere at this point & avoid these bullshit point value systems in the future. I really appreciate the way these guys are putting themselves out there & getting us some amazing deals. But I feel I've spent enough there to warrant some good old fashioned bitching over this.

Not true. I think they expire a year after earned. My account is fine:

Available Balance:15285 points | Value:$ 15.29
Qualified spending in 2010:$0
You need $2500 in purchases to become a Silver VIP

[quote name='ampatrao']My problem isn't that I lost it, it's that I never got it in the first place. I don't understand how they can access your account to add transactions in-store without the card but they refuse to allow spending points without it. Obviously I'm not gonna get any response from Josh or any satisfaction on the issue at this point so I'll just do my shopping elsewhere at this point & avoid these bullshit point value systems in the future. I really appreciate the way these guys are putting themselves out there & getting us some amazing deals. But I feel I've spent enough there to warrant some good old fashioned bitching over this.[/QUOTE]

Just contact them for a new card. They'll fix the problem and you'll get a card in the mail. If you've earned points already, that means that you have a card number already. If you don't have a card, request a replacement. It's really that simple.

[quote name='Altanis']Not true. I think they expire a year after earned. My account is fine:

Available Balance:15285 points | Value:$ 15.29
Qualified spending in 2010:$0
You need $2500 in purchases to become a Silver VIP

Just contact them for a new card. They'll fix the problem and you'll get a card in the mail. If you've earned points already, that means that you have a card number already. If you don't have a card, request a replacement. It's really that simple.[/QUOTE]

I wish it were that simple. I did call a few weeks ago & asked about the card I never receied. They asked me what my account number was & I couldn't tell tell the what it was. If I log into my account on their site my account number is just a abunch of asterisks with only the last 4 digits visible. I was told by the person on the phone that they cant send another without the account # to verify which I can't even see. I did most of my holiday shopping there this year so racked up mad points & now I can't use them.

I was going to get LBP2 at K-Mart, but sadly I decided I can't take a chance on the 2 K-Marts near me not getting the CE in stock, this is the only CE i'm jumping in excitement for, sorry K-Mart.

I will pick up ME2 when it comes out though :D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No Kmart will have this title actually.[/QUOTE]

Dang, looks like I'll have to find something else to spend my very last $10 coupon on. Are you planning a sale on DS games anytime soon? My $10 coupon expires on the 29th, so I'm crossing my fingers for something sweet before then.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We'll be supporting Ghost Trick in select stores but we won't have an offer.[/QUOTE]

Can you give any specifics on the select stores? Either Los Angeles, Burbank, or North Hollywood CA?

I have a $10 coupon I'd love to use before it expires, but if it won't be available here I'd rather know in advance so I can get in on the Amazon pre-order.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why don't you guys order the LBP2 CE from Amazon and then cancel/send it back if a K-Mart around you has it? That's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, the problem is that if I DO manage to score a copy at Kmart, then I'm going to have to pay $5 or more to have my amazon copy returned since it most likely won't show up broken or anything. I don't normally like to do it, but I think I'll probably just flip the extra one for $$$, this is a pretty bountiful CE so I'm sure there'll be people looking to buy the individual extras.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']That's what I did, the problem is that if I DO manage to score a copy at Kmart, then I'm going to have to pay $5 or more to have my amazon copy returned since it most likely won't show up broken or anything. I don't normally like to do it, but I think I'll probably just flip the extra one for $$$, this is a pretty bountiful CE so I'm sure there'll be people looking to buy the individual extras.[/QUOTE]

Can't you just refuse the package? But reselling might be a good idea too.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why don't you guys order the LBP2 CE from Amazon and then cancel/send it back if a K-Mart around you has it? That's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what i'm doing too. :cool:

[quote name='joeshmoe']Yeah that's what I'm doing too. :cool:[/QUOTE]

many of us would love to do this BUT unfortunately it's just not that easy. i for one hate to deal with returning things back and don't have the time for it. second, having an extra 100 dollar tied up isn't that easy anymore for me. now with the wife and new puppy i need every cent i have. even more for people with multiple kids/mortgage/etc. the days of spending for one are over lol :bomb::bomb:

[quote name='confoosious']Also, Amazon charges about $5 to ship things back.[/QUOTE]

So you're basically paying $5 to reserve it, not that much, especially if you have a K-Mart coupon to use on the LBP2 CE, which is why I think most people are trying to buy it at K-Mart.

Amazon doesn't charge till it ships and if you don't have the extra $100 in cash, that's what credit cards are for.

[quote name='ampatrao']My problem isn't that I lost it, it's that I never got it in the first place. I don't understand how they can access your account to add transactions in-store without the card but they refuse to allow spending points without it. Obviously I'm not gonna get any response from Josh or any satisfaction on the issue at this point so I'll just do my shopping elsewhere at this point & avoid these bullshit point value systems in the future. I really appreciate the way these guys are putting themselves out there & getting us some amazing deals. But I feel I've spent enough there to warrant some good old fashioned bitching over this.[/QUOTE]

I feel ya bro.. I lost my card the week before Black Ops came out in mid November. Around November 20 I called and they said they were mailing me a replacement. Here I am 7 weeks later without a card. The points system sucks anyway considering you spend 60 dollars on a game and you get 600 points which is like 60 cents.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure I can comment; something I saw coming but still an issue.[/QUOTE]

Will you be able to comment on it after it is no longer an issue? I have to admit my curiosity is piqued.

SHC-Gamer....

I was wondering the price on an old clearance item which the one Kmart near here had on the shelves, but that I think may have been buried in their backroom.

It's the Logitech Wireless Vantage Bluetooth headset for the PS3.

This is the UPC for it: 097855047663

I was wondering if it ever dropped lower than $30.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']SHC-Gamer....

I was wondering the price on an old clearance item which the one Kmart near here had on the shelves, but that I think may have been buried in their backroom.

It's the Logitech Wireless Vantage Bluetooth headset for the PS3.

This is the UPC for it: 097855047663

I was wondering if it ever dropped lower than $30.;)[/QUOTE]
I show it at less than $14.99 but ony 23 left in the chain.

[quote name='n10zguy']Will you be able to comment on it after it is no longer an issue? I have to admit my curiosity is piqued.[/QUOTE]
Not sure, I need to check first on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back