Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Interfeci']Oh, no. I know responses from CAGs will happen. But i'll post in this thread as necessary. It's a customer service thread, after all.[/QUOTE]
You should e-mail Josh directly, as he hasn't posted here as regularly lately.

Moreover, you should learn to take intuitive leaps and trust other customers here who have the experience to qualify an accurate answer.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Hmm $10 off coupon & $25 giftcard. Need to see what older DS games I can find.

Would you guys recommend Castlevania Order of Ecclessia?[/QUOTE]
I liked it better than Portrait of Ruin, I think. :lol:

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Hmm $10 off coupon & $25 giftcard. Need to see what older DS games I can find.

Would you guys recommend Castlevania Order of Ecclessia?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty fun. With a certain glyph to combo, all bosses end up decimated, so then you can rush through the game on any other modes. Then again, the other two are pretty fun as well.

I'm interested in getting ME2 and picking up DC Universe for half off but i'm noticing Kmarts site says DC Universe is a preorder shipping on 02/01??? Do the B&M Kmarts have DC Universe in stock yet? Like to pick up both of these on tuesday.

Although most weeks I would prefer a coupon over "Buy 1, Get one 50% Off," I'd like to see the B1G1 deal in effect when Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm are released.

[quote name='ponn01']I'm interested in getting ME2 and picking up DC Universe for half off but i'm noticing Kmarts site says DC Universe is a preorder shipping on 02/01??? Do the B&M Kmarts have DC Universe in stock yet? Like to pick up both of these on tuesday.[/QUOTE]
We do have it, it's been selling well since Tuesday.

[quote name='lpburk2']Although most weeks I would prefer a coupon over "Buy 1, Get one 50% Off," I'd like to see the B1G1 deal in effect when Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm are released.[/QUOTE]
Once the coupon issue is fixed they are also making an update that may allow me to make them instantly active again.

[quote name='Borellius']hey josh, I know its a bit early but do you think you might get a deal for the Team Ico collection? maybe?[/QUOTE]
Big time on my radar. Sony is coming in today and we'll definitely discuss a deal.

[quote name='sadboy']You should e-mail Josh directly, as he hasn't posted here as regularly lately.

Moreover, you should learn to take intuitive leaps and trust other customers here who have the experience to qualify an accurate answer.[/QUOTE]
I am going to try and get back to everyone today; I have about 30 people left to get back to.

[quote name='Interfeci']Well, I clearly understand why both of my questions haven't been answered. Yet some of the reactions you guys have seems pretty inane to me. I know about 8 people with PS3s, and if absolutely anyone were interested in purchasing any of those games, we could pool our purchases together into one large transaction. I really don't know how that's negative in any way whatsoever.

Plus, i'd like to know if 50% off's would be wasted. If i'm buying ME2, why in the world would I buy LBP2 in the same transaction if I can't use the next 50% off i'd supposedly get for purchasing LBP2? With Kmart, most of us have been purchasing games on release day, so we'd already have all previous games priced at $59.99. So there's two games coming out that I know plenty of people have interest in, but somehow my question means i'm trying to steal games or something.

My question is simple, really. If I were to buy Mass Effect 2 and Little Big Planet 2, i'm purchasing both of them. The offer states buy one, get one 50% off. It's not like the verbiage should be voided just because I bought the second one half off, unless there's some kind of limit set up by Josh or his team. And it's not like i'm asking to receive both of them for $30. It'd just be nice to know if any other 59.99 game i'd add on to the purchase would retain the next 50% discount, or if it's useless solely due to the fact that the first one was already applied and used.

Like I said before, it'd be like buying multiple copies of any game and only receiving one coupon. If you didn't get any coupon, you'd be posting up a shitstorm. The only difference is this is an instant discount, while coupons have a delay of a week.[/QUOTE]
The way the deal is set up, it will only allow one item as the trigger from what I'm told. So you if you bought ME2 you would get $30 off LBP2 but you wouldn't be able to get another game at $30 off. I'm not a 100% on it just because I haven't built this type of promo before and I definitely don't do the IT work but that's what I'm being told. If I find out different I'll definitely let everyone know.

Hmm, I hate to say this, but buy LBP2 or DS2 at $60 and get another $60 game for $30 is not a better deal than getting $20 or $25 (DS2) gaming coupon back.

From my reading of the posts yesterday, I was under the delusion that B1G1 50% stack the gaming coupon. Now that the OP is updated, the deals are lukewarm at best (the only awesome factor is that the B1G1 50% for LBP2 or DS2 stretch out to four weeks). Well, looks like BB is the winner for the LBP2 release week (also factoring the fact that LBP2 CE is super rare in K-mart).

But it is a better deal, isn't it? Instead of getting $20-25 off your next game, you are getting $30 off. Since the deal has been extended from release to 2/12, the time factor isn't really an issue.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We do have it, it's been selling well since Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Any chance of a deal coming for DCUO?

I also wanted to say that you guys have done a great job turning Kmart into the only B&M location that I buy games at.

[quote name='Serpentor']Hmm, I hate to say this, but buy LBP2 or DS2 at $60 and get another $60 game for $30 is not a better deal than getting $20 or $25 (DS2) gaming coupon back.

From my reading of the posts yesterday, I was under the delusion that B1G1 50% stack the gaming coupon. Now that the OP is updated, the deals are lukewarm at best (the only awesome factor is that the B1G1 50% for LBP2 or DS2 stretch out to four weeks). Well, looks like BB is the winner for the LBP2 release week (also factoring the fact that LBP2 CE is super rare in K-mart).[/QUOTE]
I totally agree, the deals are definitely reactionary due to the issues that have been brought up already that were working on.

well considering all the effort that you've put in with us Josh I'm definitely not going anywhere else to buy my games.
thanks for your continual efforts

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I totally agree, the deals are definitely reactionary due to the issues that have been brought up already that were working on.[/QUOTE]

True, but at least you're still trying to keep us satisfied, while a few other retailers would have quit after the initial problems. At least the way you're handling it basically shows us that while they basically wanted to pull the plug, you fought for this critical crowd of cheap asses. Eventually, we'll all have the deals we're looking for again.

[quote name='Interfeci']True, but at least you're still trying to keep us satisfied, while a few other retailers would have quit after the initial problems. At least the way you're handling it basically shows us that while they basically wanted to pull the plug, you fought for this critical crowd of cheap asses. Eventually, we'll all have the deals we're looking for again.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, you totally get it. I don't want to ever give the impression that were not trying to give at least some value.

[quote name='shadowknight203']well considering all the effort that you've put in with us Josh I'm definitely not going anywhere else to buy my games.
thanks for your continual efforts[/QUOTE]

Agreed and well said.

[quote name='VaultDweller']dang...he took all the deals off!
....RIP Kmartgamer[/QUOTE]

Have you not been paying attention at all? Things will hopefully return in 1-2 months, so don't go writing any obituaries just yet.

I think I just had a brain aneurysm from sheer stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chriscolbert']Have you not been paying attention at all? Things will hopefully return in 1-2 months, so don't go writing any obituaries just yet.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, plus he said it is the end of their fiscal year so they need to keep their numbers tight. I sincerely doubt it is the end of Kmartgamer.

Thanks for everything you do Josh, it's made this tiny town worth gaming in! :applause:

[quote name='LostxInxCali']i hope dead space 2 and mvc3 have good deals =][/QUOTE]

They DID have $25 and $20 coupons with them. Now, nobody knows... sadly. :(

incorrect.

[quote name='shadowknight203']well considering all the effort that you've put in with us Josh I'm definitely not going anywhere else to buy my games.
thanks for your continual efforts[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Considering that there are some CAGs that want immediate attention/feedback, the fact that you took the time to respond to each request tactfully, individually and with the out most courtesy, I am definitely impressed.

Aww man, no Ghost Trick at my store. No PSN $20 point cards. Not sure what to get and my $20 coupon expires on the 15th. I saw Dragon Quest V there might just settle for that.

I still have a man-crush on Josh though.

How much is Resonance of Fate now? Just wondering because it was on sale at specific times and now im not sure seeing its not tagged at my local store and I didnt feel like tracking down an employee for a check.

Thanks

I would love to find a copy of Dragon Quest V at any Kmart.

So far though, of the 3 I can visit, 2 do not know how to organize their game cases so that you can actually see what is in them. At one, I just asked the associate to open the case so that I could look around the giant mess and see if there was anything worth buying. I made a point of emphasizing the "giant mess" part.

[quote name='Altanis']I would love to find a copy of Dragon Quest V at any Kmart.

So far though, of the 3 I can visit, 2 do not know how to organize their game cases so that you can actually see what is in them. At one, I just asked the associate to open the case so that I could look around the giant mess and see if there was anything worth buying. I made a point of emphasizing the "giant mess" part.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more..
Not only has every K Mart I've ever visited been completely disorganized, many of their game titles still have 59.99 price tags on them when they are 39.99, 29.99, or even 19.99. It really kind of screws things up when you are planning your coupons. I fixed that by asking the cashier to scan each game before they began the sales transaction.
Also the K Mart in my town (Lake Charles) rarely even has a cashier in the department. Often I have to walk around the store and get an employee to page someone to electronics. The only reason I bought at K Mart was because of the coupons and now that whole deal is a mess for the next few months.

In reference to the op, I cN buy lbp2 on 1.18 then buy dead space2 at a later time for half off? Are we given a coupon or both must be purchased at same time??

No. You have to buy both games on the same transaction and there are no coupons. The deal does run until feb-12

[quote name='Dtrain12']In reference to the op, I cN buy lbp2 on 1.18 then buy dead space2 at a later time for half off? Are we given a coupon or both must be purchased at same time??[/QUOTE]

[quote name='h4mx0r']Will Kmart carry Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition?[/QUOTE]

Been asking this for weeks, still no legitimate answer.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Been asking this for weeks, still no legitimate answer.[/QUOTE]
Stock Boy said he hasn't heard from EA about it, so at this point no.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Not sure what to get and my $20 coupon expires on the 15th. [/QUOTE]

If you don't have it, go for Picross 3d. Definitely worth it

[quote name='rbarba4']If you don't have it, go for Picross 3d. Definitelt worth it[/QUOTE]
Great game, but honestly, it was just $9.99 at Best Buy. To be honest, it's hard to recommend using a gaming coupon on something that's been that cheap elsewhere.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Been asking this for weeks, still no legitimate answer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']As for Dead Space 2 I haven't heard back from EA but I highly doubt this late in the game we will be getting any of those CEs...sorry.[/QUOTE]

There you go. Completely legitimate answer. Most likely no, unless they're surprised with them.

I know things are busy right now, but if I might just make a quick suggestion for future deals: is it possible when posting the game to have a blurb about whether KMart will be stocking a Collector's Edition for said game (provided the game has one in the first place)? I think that would help cut down on the "is XXXX getting a CE?" posts

Appreciate all your hard work too on sorting these other issues out Josh, thanks!

May I make a very simple suggestion for those asking questions that Josh has already answered at least once?

Do you see how the name of whoever makes a post appears on the left side of said post?

Did you know that you can click on a user's name and select "Find more posts by..." to see every one of that user's posts?

This means that you can go to the very first post and click on SHC-Gamer's name to have immediate access to every single one of his posts in reverse chronological order! Same for Stock Boy.

I suggest this because lots of people complain about how quickly the thread grows and being too lazy to use the search feature, and this way you can quickly access all information that has come straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Of course if you're too lazy to search then this may prove just as futile.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']What happened to all of the coupons?! I wasn't following the thread...[/QUOTE]
That's really too bad. The answer you're looking for was discussed for a full 100 or so posts (it's probably more like 125 at least).

However, if you just LOOK IN THE FRICKING OP, Josh tells you what post to go to for more information. Sorry, but if you aren't capable of doing the smallest bit of reading, we can't help you.

[quote name='VaultDweller']well at least we have the 50% off deal, im getting mass effect 2 and get lbp2 for half price, then get another game for half price[/QUOTE]
I don't think that's how that is going to work. Josh already posted that if you buy ME2 or LBP2, you get ONE GAME 50% off. If you buy both, one of them will be 50% off, and that's it. You can't get a 3rd game 50% off. This is to stop potential scammers.

I think I just had a brain aneurysm from sheer stupidity.

[quote name='Altanis']I don't think that's how that is going to work. Josh already posted that if you buy ME2 or LBP2, you get ONE GAME 50% off. If you buy both, one of them will be 50% off, and that's it. You can't get a 3rd game 50% off. This is to stop potential scammers.

I think I just had a brain aneurysm from sheer stupidity.[/QUOTE]

Well, out of a mere technicality, he did say IT told him that, but he's not so sure about it himself. He mentioned he'd tell everyone if it's otherwise. So we'll just see once the time comes. You know, from all the complaints that people didn't get their third game discounted when they expected it to because of blah blah blah, or secret internet high fives to those that get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back