Kobe Bryant trade?

vasco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.comcast.net/sports/index.jsp?cat=SPORTS&fn=/2007/05/30/676304.html&cvqh=tis_kobe

So Kobe wants out of the Lakers. When I heard this, my world crumbled. He's the only player they have. Screw whatever young talent they have. There is none. It's fragile and always on the DL list. Kobe felt that LA was covering their asses by in one way or another, manilpulated everyone into thinking Kobe was responsible for Shaq leaving. Ends up the Lakers didn't wanna pay him. Love him, or hate him... the man's got game. And I know all Laker haters would love to have him on their team. In case you haven't noticed, I am a HUGE laker fan.

[quote name='vasco']http://www.comcast.net/sports/index.jsp?cat=SPORTS&fn=/2007/05/30/676304.html&cvqh=tis_kobe

So Kobe wants out of the Lakers. When I heard this, my world crumbled. He's the only player they have. Screw whatever young talent they have. There is none. It's fragile and always on the DL list. Kobe felt that LA was covering their asses by in one way or another, manilpulated everyone into thinking Kobe was responsible for Shaq leaving. Ends up the Lakers didn't wanna pay him. Love him, or hate him... the man's got game. And I know all Laker haters would love to have him on their team. In case you haven't noticed, I am a HUGE laker fan.[/quote]

Who cares. There is another Kobe born 5 seconds. If they get rid of him (good he is the reason why they suck anyway) they will suck for about 4-5 years than land another superstar.

I cant wait until he retires....I am so sick of even looking at the guy.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Who cares. There is another Kobe born 5 seconds. If they get rid of him (good he is the reason why they suck anyway) they will suck for about 4-5 years than land another superstar.

I cant wait until he retires....I am so sick of even looking at the guy.[/QUOTE]

another kobe is born 5 seconds is a strectch. over the last 20 years how many players are as dominant and unstoppable as kobe, obviously jordan, lebron might get there one day, maybe kevin durant has a chance of being another kobe. a player like kobe isn't born every 5 seconds.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Move along people, nothing to see here

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134965&page=18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindness[/quote]

Ummm... thats for the playoffs.... this Kobe. He is not in the playoffs anymore. Freakin Kobe Bryant.

Like I said. All haters will say whatever. Kobe would be worth Barbosa and maybe Nash. It was a couple of years between Jordan and Kobe. I don't think a superstar is born every 20 seconds. If they were, the USA Basketball team would've won Gold all the time. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

[quote name='vasco']http://www.comcast.net/sports/index.jsp?cat=SPORTS&fn=/2007/05/30/676304.html&cvqh=tis_kobe

and I know all Laker haters would love to have him on their team. In case you haven't noticed, I am a HUGE laker fan.[/quote]

umm, i would not want kobe on "my" team...yea, he's a great scorer, but he would mess up team chemistry...yes, he's probably the best nba player today, but he's not that great as a team player, and i'd rather have mediocre guys who can play as a team

but one thing i can agree with is that the man sells tickets...lakers are nothing without them...not that i care about the lakers, but it's true

[quote name='vasco']Ummm... thats for the playoffs.... this Kobe. He is not in the playoffs anymore. Freakin Kobe Bryant.

Like I said. All haters will say whatever. Kobe would be worth Barbosa and maybe Nash. It was a couple of years between Jordan and Kobe. I don't think a superstar is born every 20 seconds. If they were, the USA Basketball team would've won Gold all the time. Unfortunately, that's not the case.[/quote]

You're right I forgot the forums desire to have 20 basketball threads... :roll:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']You're right I forgot the forums desire to have 20 basketball threads... :roll:[/QUOTE]You made your own lj thread. The room you have to complain here is pretty small. Pretty REALLY small.

[quote name='jmcc']You made your own lj thread. The room you have to complain here is pretty small. Pretty REALLY small.[/quote]

blah blah blah, not that it's a valid excuse, but I was pretty messed up when I made that. Furthermore if the OP would just look in the nba thread he'd see the convo had shifted to Kobe. But like the so many before him, with that Celtics crap and so forth, gotta make another topic!

[quote name='Prock']i hope he ends up with the suns, maybe the suns could trade shawn marion and leandro barbosa for kobe.[/quote]
sorry, but nooooo! As much as Kobe could help the Suns, he could also hurt them. Suns offense relies on unselfish play. Kobe is great, no doubt, but one thing he is not at times is unselfish. Leandro Barbosa and Marion fit into the Suns offense better than Kobe would. Take away Barbosa and the Suns production off the bench is reduced dramitacally, take away Marion, and the Suns defense and rebounding and all around hustle plays are reduced dramitacally. Adding a scorer like Kobe wouldn't help the Suns much. They need a big man that can help Amare more than they need another scorer.

[quote name='scsg75']sorry, but nooooo! As much as Kobe could help the Suns, he could also hurt them. Suns offense relies on unselfish play. Kobe is great, no doubt, but one thing he is not at times is unselfish.[/quote]
Sure him being on the Suns during the regular season won't help much more than Barbosa and Marion. But the regular season means jack because the Suns will always make it to the Playoffs for the next few years. A selfish, arrogant, and competitive Kobe Bryant is worth ten times as much as Marion and Barbosa in the Playoffs.

[quote name='Prock']another kobe is born 5 seconds is a strectch. over the last 20 years how many players are as dominant and unstoppable as kobe, obviously jordan, lebron might get there one day, maybe kevin durant has a chance of being another kobe. a player like kobe isn't born every 5 seconds.[/quote]

Are you kidding me? You almost saying that Kobe is aparently the only superstar in the NBA.

The problem with debating Kobe is that people seem to only the scoring factor when defending him. I will admit..the guy can score...but sorry to burst your little bubble but they track more stats then just how many point someone scores.

But let mention that Kobe Ranks 6# in the NBA in turn overs. (yeah no Kobe lover ever mention that small little fact like turning the ball over 255 times)

By the way....last time I check in order to get the Title Dominant you had to win at least ONE fucking MVP TITLE.

You want to talk about dominant? Lets talk Steve Nash....scoring and dropping dimes every game. 2 time MVP

Dominant? Lets talk Yao Ming after 4 years scoring 25 and snagging 10 reb a game. (dont give me that bull that its just because he is 7-6...Shawn Bradley anyone?)

Or lets talk Kevin Garnet, T-Mac, Allen Iverson, Melo, King James, and a million other players who have number just as high as your pretty boy Kobe.

Only differance between them and Kobe is that..they didnt have a 325 LB monster named Shaq to win them championships.

Kobe is no more a superstar than the other 80 thousand superstars that are out there already.

Though this is a old point (but Kobe lover never seem to let it sink in.) if Iverson wanted to score 80 he could....if KG want to dropped a 83 point game..he could.

The other thing that stops the is that they dont take 50-70 shots a game.

Bottom line. I hate people who blindly support Kobe.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
The problem with debating Kobe is that people seem to only the scoring factor when defending him. I will admit..the guy can score...but sorry to burst your little bubble but they track more stats then just how many point someone scores. [/quote]

I don't have the time or patience right now to debate, but Kobe is one of the top defenders in the NBA, not to mention his unbelievable scoring ability. You obviously have a lot of hate for this guy. I don't like him much either, but I also realize he is one of the greatest NBA talents to come along... period.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Dominant? Lets talk Yao Ming after 4 years scoring 25 and snagging 10 reb a game. (dont give me that bull that its just because he is 7-6...Shawn Bradley anyone?)

Or lets talk Kevin Garnet, T-Mac, Allen Iverson, Melo, King James, and a million other players who have number just as high as your pretty boy Kobe.

Only differance between them and Kobe is that..they didnt have a 325 LB monster named Shaq to win them championships.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm...So Yao is dominant, T-Mac is just as good as Kobe...something doesn't make sense here.

[quote name='primetime']I don't have the time or patience right now to debate, but Kobe is one of the top defenders in the NBA, not to mention his unbelievable scoring ability. You obviously have a lot of hate for this guy. I don't like him much either, but I also realize he is one of the greatest NBA talents to come along... period.[/QUOTE]Has he won anything since he ran Shaq out?

[quote name='jmcc']Has he won anything since he ran Shaq out?[/quote]

Well, that is a little unfair. In fact, this is precisely the reason he wants out. He thinks the Lakers haven't surrounded him with any talent. I agree with him.

Looks like the Lakers should build the team with Bynum at their core. He's a great young big with potential to be better.

What ever team Kobe goes to is going to get a major overhaul...KB style. Kick out all other starters and replace with bench players.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Well, that is a little unfair. In fact, this is precisely the reason he wants out. He thinks the Lakers haven't surrounded him with any talent. I agree with him.[/QUOTE]

Didn't surround him with talent? He was the one that ran Karl Malone and Shaq out of town.
I'm surprised that Odom is still on the active roster.

[quote name='primetime']I don't have the time or patience right now to debate, but Kobe is one of the top defenders in the NBA, not to mention his unbelievable scoring ability. You obviously have a lot of hate for this guy. I don't like him much either, but I also realize he is one of the greatest NBA talents to come along... period.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, 1st team All-Defense anybody? How many years has he been on it in a row?

Kobe = best all-around NBA player by a longshot. Put T-Mac, A.I..... pretty much any other NBA player on the Lakers team in place of Kobe, and they would've won less games.

Now... My Sixers have 3 1st round draft picks next month, and some serious cap-room.... let's make room for KOBEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[quote name='Prock']i hope he ends up with the suns, maybe the suns could trade shawn marion and leandro barbosa for kobe.[/quote]

Yeah right!

Maybe for Steve Nash and half the team.

But the Lakers had better get some serious players in trade for that whiny bitch superstar.

[quote name='swetooth9']umm, i would not want kobe on "my" team...yea, he's a great scorer, but he would mess up team chemistry...yes, he's probably the best nba player today, but he's not that great as a team player, and i'd rather have mediocre guys who can play as a team

but one thing i can agree with is that the man sells tickets...lakers are nothing without them...not that i care about the lakers, but it's true[/quote]

Damn straight. My Lakers had so much talent in 2004, yet the team with less talent and much greater chemistry handled us easily. Kobe is easily the best player in the NBA today. But he is a selfish asshole with an ego the size of California, make no mistake of that.

As for tickets, HAHAHA it was bad enough for season ticket holders when Shaq was forced out...imagine how season ticket holders for 07/08 and longer term felt to hear this news. We are screwed. Ah well, the games will still be sold out, but we won't be able to make as much as past years on reselling tickets (especially those lovely playoff tickets that were better than gold...sigh)

Ah well at least 00-02 was beautiful, though we should have had at least 2 more since!

[quote name='bobo2k4']He was the one that ran Karl Malone and Shaq out of town.[/quote]
Have you read any of the articles surrounding today's Kobe hoopla? The Lakers backstabbing Kobe and making everyone think he was the one that made Shaq leave is the reason why this all started and why he wants out of Los Angeles.

According to Shaq, he believes Kobe 100% that Jerry Buss was the reason why Shaq left and Kobe had nothing to do with it. "I believe Kobe 100 percent," O'Neal said when reached in Los Angeles. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

Everyone saying Kobe is selfish is retarded. Can anyone guess why he is selfish? Maybe because there are no other good players on the Lakers? Serious Name one person who should have the ball on the Lakers? You can't can ya :D

[quote name='javeryh']If only the Knicks had anything to offer.... *sigh*[/quote]

How about Curry or their first round picks for the next 5 years :lol:

[quote name='neudog']Just keep him out of Dallas. I'd take Dirk over Kobe any day.[/QUOTE]

Id take Kobe over Dirk in a clutch situation any day ;)

[quote name='Prepster']Id take Kobe over Dirk in a clutch situation any day ;)[/QUOTE]

Yea the way Dirk Choked it up in the Playoffs. Kobe is pure clutch.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Everyone saying Kobe is selfish is retarded. Can anyone guess why he is selfish? Maybe because there are no other good players on the Lakers? Serious Name one person who should have the ball on the Lakers? You can't can ya :D[/QUOTE]
Same thing I was thinking. But if Kobe was to leave the Lake Show he should move to the Eastern Conference to get a fresh start because it would be tragic for him to wind up with another squad in the west and have to compete in Playoffs against his former team outside of the NBA Finals.
For those that stated he isn't a team player you would be sadly mistaken because he is one of the main people in the Laker organization that wanted to keep Shaq in LA not make him leave to keep the team together. When Kobe has a team to work with he is still going to be a force to be dealt with but someone else to help carry the load is always a good thing in the NBA if you like winning championships.

well he still has 2 years left before he can opt out of his contract, so he really has no leverage unless he sits out. Id love the sixers to get him, bring Kobe home, could def raise the level of AI. Though it would never happen.

You have to have the money traded equal out. Kobe's no-trade clause adds another 18 mil to the contract. No other team has the contracts that they would want to ship out for it. Like I said, it's not going to happen. You can't trade draft picks, either.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You have to have the money traded equal out. Kobe's no-trade clause adds another 18 mil to the contract. No other team has the contracts that they would want to ship out for it. Like I said, it's not going to happen. You can't trade draft picks, either.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? How do you think Denver got Allen Iverson? New York, Eddy Curry?

I understand that the salaries would have to match in most circumstances, but draft picks can absolutely be dealt.

The Sixers would be a nice place for him because they're a team that actually has the space under the cap for him, without giving out an equal amount of contracts.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Kobe doesn't suit the Sun's playing style, he is a great player but too selfish with the ball.

[quote name='yukine']I just threw up in my mouth.

Kobe doesn't suit the Sun's playing style, he is a great player but too selfish with the ball.[/QUOTE]

Your right he doesn't fit the Suns playing style.....They choke in the playoffs, Kobe doesn't. :D

[quote name='pimpinc333']Your right he doesn't fit the Suns playing style.....They choke in the playoffs, Kobe doesn't. :D[/quote]

How did the Suns choke, genius?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Your right he doesn't fit the Suns playing style.....They choke get in the playoffs, Kobe doesn't. :D[/QUOTE]There. Better.

Anyone saying that Kobe's selfish needs to look at his current team. Anyway, Memphis would be glad to have him, for our whole bench and this year's draft pick...

[quote name='pimpinc333']Your right he doesn't fit the Suns playing style.....They choke in the playoffs, Kobe doesn't. :D[/quote]Really, last year the Suns didn't choke when they defeated the Lakers. I believe it was quite the opposite.

Kobe is not being traded. If he was, the best choice would be for the Bulls. Anyone in Chicago, well the average fans that follow don't follow basketball, would love for another Jordan to come into town.

[quote name='jmcc']There. Better.[/quote] Hmmmm I think Kobe and the Lakers were against the Suns in the first round HE got his team in.

It's more obvious than ever, you either love Kobe or hate Kobe it's one or the other

I can't believe people still hate Kobe and still thinks he ran Shaq out. If your teammates suck, you HAVE to be greedy and score. Don't blame him for being selfish, blame his teammates for sucking.

I would trade Dirk for Kobe ANY DAY. Dirk has shown that he is inconsistent and his defense blows.

[quote name='yukine']How did the Suns choke, genius?[/QUOTE]

They fucking balls in the playoffs, that's how they choke. Also I will go back to this point. People keep saying he is a ball hog and he's a selfish player. Who the fuck else deserves the ball in LA??? Lamar Odom? :rofl: I really think everyone should stop calling home boy selfish. He's doing what is nessesary to win games. I think LA did pretty decent this year for having a super shitty team.

[quote name='Predator21281']Really, last year the Suns didn't choke when they defeated the Lakers. I believe it was quite the opposite.

Kobe is not being traded. If he was, the best choice would be for the Bulls. Anyone in Chicago, well the average fans that follow don't follow basketball, would love for another Jordan to come into town.[/QUOTE]

Sure but comparing the Sun's to the Lakers is a ton different, Wait in all actuallity your comparing the Suns with Kobe. The Suns have at min. 3 All Stars on there team ( Marion, Nash, and Stoudamire ) It's really a no brainer the Suns would beat the Lakers.

bread's done
Back