Kungaloosh! Ott

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='opportunity777']Everyone here is raving about AC, it's making me really anxious to get home from work :)[/QUOTE]
I got me to start a torrent...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: Yeah, it looked great. Makes me want to go back and try to actually finish FFVII. :sad:[/QUOTE]
I had it on the PC. I didn't have a playstation for a long time. It had glitches... so I never got to beat it. But someone loaned me their game so I could beat the end.
Unlike FFVIII which I have yet to beat because I was lvl 18 at the end dungeon. >< I did download the ending credits.

[quote name='shrike4242']I would've expected you to cave before he showed up. Surprising. :shock:[/QUOTE]
It was on his computer so it wasn't taunting me.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I had it on the PC. I didn't have a playstation for a long time. It had glitches... so I never got to beat it. But someone loaned me their game so I could beat the end.
Unlike FFVIII which I have yet to beat because I was lvl 18 at the end dungeon. >< I did download the ending credits.[/QUOTE]
How did you get to the end at level 18?

[quote name='karsh']Yeah. I had to get VLC to play it, but it eventually worked...Just wow...[/QUOTE]

How do you get the subtitles to work?

[quote name='humidore']On that rock, paper, scissors chart: how the hell does "Gun" beat "Fire"? And that WoW story was HILARIOUS! YOU WIN![/QUOTE]

If you look in the explanations, nothing necessarily 'wins' over another; it just has to dominate or control it. In the case of gun, it's essentially a controlled explosion which (explosions) are an aspect of fire. And I can't believe Ifrats.

[quote name='beerguy961']How did you get to the end at level 18?[/QUOTE]
Let's just say I was used to a simpler time when I could just go from story point to story point and I would be the right level. also I leveled up my summons and used them often. FF8 was easy to screw yourself over. I hated drawing magic. And I never just wandered leveling up. So I ended up at a really low level in an impossible dungeon.

[quote name='Kayden']How do you get the subtitles to work?[/QUOTE]

get this freeware called vobsub. Or you can get the Combined Community Codec Pack that will install all the appropriate codecs/freeware to play 98% of all media files (not including quicktime/realplayer) without conflict. Both can be easily googled.

I got the avi and it came with a subtitle RAR. I extracted a .sub and .idx file. I'm using VLC and I loaded one of the files but I got neon kanji on the sides of the screen.

[quote name='Kayden']tell meeeeee now damnit, i have to watch it NOW fuck fuck fuck tell fucking me fucking now mother fuckers![/QUOTE]

You need to torrent a file that ends in .ssa. Then just load the movie with the subtitle file in VLC and it should work fine.

[quote name='karsh']You need to torrent a file that ends in .ssa. Then just load the movie with the subtitle file in VLC and it should work fine.[/QUOTE]

I have that particular file and it's 50 something kilobytes so you'll get it almost instantly. But there's a new version out in mkv format that is hard encoded with subtitles so there's no need for setting it up... unless you're not able to read mkv files.

[quote name='shrike4242']Also a surprise that it wasn't taunting you.[/QUOTE]

I'm fortunate in that I have a backlog of other stuff that I needed to see (as well as the time to see them) so the FF7:AC had to wait in line just like all the other good shows I need to watch.

These are the files I got....
untitled6rx.gif

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm fortunate in that I have a backlog of other stuff that I needed to see (as well as the time to see them) so the FF7:AC had to wait in line just like all the other good shows I need to watch.[/QUOTE]
Enh. When it shows up on cable, I'll watch it. Or rent it on DVD when it shows up. Picking up a leaked copy of it? No thanks.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Jonathan would've killed me. I value my little life.[/QUOTE]
We prefer you alive than dead, yes.

[quote name='Kayden']Did you guys get the 700 or 4.37gb version?[/QUOTE]

It's not necessary to get the dvd version as the 700mb version is QUITE nice for a dvd-rip and the files you have all the files you need to display the subtitle but you still need the codecs/freeware... or you could just get the .ssa file and be done with it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Enh. When it shows up on cable, I'll watch it. Or rent it on DVD when it shows up. Picking up a leaked copy of it? No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm an admitted ff7 geek so I HAD to get it. Especially since squeenix decided to do a bit of bait-&-switch. I'll end up buying the dvd anyway and the eventual double-dipped special edition version as well so I don't see it as a big problem for me.

[quote name='beerguy961']:rofl:

I'm trying to get the 700MB version...[/QUOTE]

Whats so funny? My resolution is huge because I've got my PC setup for Svideo out to my TV.

I've got the 700mb version, but I'm also getting the full dvd version just to say I have it.

This has probably been answered before, but for those of you that have already watched AC, is it necessary to beat FF7 first to fully enjoy it?

[quote name='Kayden']Whats so funny? My resolution is huge because I've got my PC setup for Svideo out to my TV.

I've got the 700mb version, but I'm also getting the full dvd version just to say I have it.[/QUOTE]
I like how you have like 6 different files there but have no idea what they do...

[quote name='Kayden']gaahhh great bouncing fuck mother of hell! THe subs are japanese!!![/QUOTE]
:rofl:

This time I hope my laughter is self explanatory...

I think it's time to change the name of this OTT to

"The Bootleg OTT"

I'll join the party here. I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy, so this release doesn't interest me. But I did partake in some bootleg goodness this afternoon:

The State...

Oh, my God... it rocked... so hard... and there's 3 more discs to enjoy...

For a comedy troupe/Reno 911! lover like me, this is the closest thing to heroin.

[quote name='beerguy961']:rofl:

This time I hope my laughter is self explanatory...[/QUOTE]

Well.. you could be either laughing at my missery.... or if you wish to live, you could be laughing at my terminology.

[quote name='Kayden']Well.. you could be either laughing at my missery.... or if you wish to live, you could be laughing at my terminology.[/QUOTE]
How exactly does a fuck bounce?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:rofl: Did you follow the instructions exactly?[/QUOTE]

Laugh it up koolaide...

what language does this look like?

Step fucking 1- DL the fucking ssa

Step fucking 2- place with the fucking movie

Step fucking 3- run the fucking vobsub install

Final fucking step- run the fucking movie...

fuck...

[quote name='Kayden']Laugh it up koolaide...
[/QUOTE]

Umm... French? :lol:

You might have a subtitle file that has one or more subtitles in the file. For example: Chinese & English, Japanese & Korean, etc.

[quote name='Kayden']Laugh it up koolaide...

Step fucking 1- DL the fucking ssa

Step fucking 2- place with the fucking movie

Step fucking 3- run the fucking vobsub install

Final fucking step- run the fucking movie...

fuck...[/QUOTE]
:rofl: What player are you playing the movie in?

[quote name='Kayden']Well.. you could be either laughing at my missery.... or if you wish to live, you could be laughing at my terminology.[/QUOTE]
It would be laughing at your misery, of course. Your choice of terminology certainly wouldn't be as funny.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Umm... French? :lol:

You might have a subtitle file that has one or more subtitles in the file. For example: Chinese & English, Japanese & Korean, etc.[/QUOTE]

but media player wont let me change... I even turned them off and they were still on

[quote name='shrike4242']It would be laughing at your misery, of course. Your choice of terminology certainly wouldn't be as funny.[/QUOTE]

Hey... you're old. Dont you have a field trip to Canada for meds soon?

[quote name='Kayden']Hey... you're old. Dont you have a field trip to Canada for meds soon?[/QUOTE]
Nope. No meds needed for me. Sorry to disappoint. ;)

[quote name='Kayden']but media player wont let me change... I even turned them off and they were still on[/QUOTE]

You might have to download some kind of subtitle program and rip out the one language you want. Check out VideoHelp.com, but don't tell anyone what you downloaded or that you downloaded something...

:shock: Registration is already open for next semester?! This semester is only one week old and I've got to worry about next semester. :lol: I think I'll be asking for help and suggestions from counselors this time around.

[quote name='dcfox']This has probably been answered before, but for those of you that have already watched AC, is it necessary to beat FF7 first to fully enjoy it?[/QUOTE]
No. It will ruin the ending of the game though. If you know the storyline for the most part of FFVII you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back