L.A. Noire - Gen. Discussion & Info - Rockstar Pass 800pts: All Pre-order DLC + More!

Finally some real idea of what is going on in this game, and damn, it looks so good. Though the action parts seem the least interesting. Obtaining clues, interrogating people, and the world just look amazing. But I cringe a little every time I see that world map in the bottom left... I'll be turning that thing off immediately.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PRE-ORDER WITH GAMESTOP TO GET 'THE NAKED CITY' VICE CASE AND BADGE PURSUIT Challenge

THE NAKED CITY' VICE CASE
Available exclusively when you pre-order from GameStop, "The Naked City" is a standalone case from L.A. Noire's Vice Desk. In this case, detective Cole Phelps investigates the supposed suicide of a stunning fashion model. Can you help Cole unravel the truth in a city blighted by drugs, corruption and greed, where the death of a beautiful woman is never as straightforward as it seems?

BADGE PURSUIT Challenge

Hidden around the beautifully captured recreation of 1947 Los Angeles in L.A. Noire are 20 police badges to find and collect. If you can find all 20 of these badges, the dapper Button Man suit will be unlocked which provides extra ammo for all weapons. Each badge also provides 5 additional XP which will help further unlock Intuition Points? special credits that can be used to give Phelps a key investigative insight when you need it most. PRE-ORDER WITH GAMESTOP TO GET 'THE NAKED CITY' VICE CASE AND BADGE PURSUIT(Also available via Game in the UK, and GameStop in Canada)

picture.php

picture.php

PRE-ORDER WITH AMAZON TO GET 'THE BRODERICK' DETECTIVE SUIT

This unlockable detective suit boosts your fist-fighting capabilities and resilience to damage. Throughout L.A. Noire while working cases, you'll encounter quite a few suspects and persons of interest who prove to be resistant to arrest. Your hand-to-hand fighting skills will be called into actionon these cases ? the Broderick suit with its enhanced fighting abilities may be that edge in helping make that collar.

picture.php

picture.php

PRE-ORDER OR PURCHASE AT LAUNCH (WHILE SUPPLIES LAST) WITH WAL-MART TO GET THE 'A SLIP OF THE TONGUE' TRAFFIC CASE

Exclusively available when you purchase from Wal-Mart at launch, "A Slip of the Tongue" is a standalone case on the Traffic Desk in which a seemingly run of the mill car theft ends up sparking an explosive investigation into the largest auto fraud racket the city has ever seen. With the stolen cars piling up and questionable characters at every turn, can you help Cole Phelps crack the biggest case so far in his career?

picture.php

picture.php

PRE-ORDER OR PURCHASE AT LAUNCH (WHILE SUPPLIES LAST) WITH BEST BUY TO GET 'THE SHARPSHOOTER' DETECTIVE SUIT

The Sharpshooter unlockable detective suit enhances your aim with rifles and pistols. Always a worst case scenario for any detective working a case, there are of course those occasions for Cole Phelps when pursuing a suspect escalates to gunfire. In these tense shootouts, the Sharpshooter suit provides that extra aiming precision to take the criminal down. This detective suit is yours if you pre-order with Best Buy or purchase the game at launch on May 17th (while supplies last).

Also: Everyone in North America who pre-orders their copy through the Rockstar Warehouse will receive an official L.A. Noire t-shirt. Everyone who pre-orders with Target will receive a $5 Gift Card, and get a free Rockstar Games t-shirt if purchasing the game in-store during launch week, while supplies last. Check out the updated pre-order page at the L.A. Noire official site for all the links, details and info on other international partners and programs. All incentive offers are limited in quantity and available while supplies last.

link here-
http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/preorder/

VIDEO's

first video
http://www.youtube.com/xl

Last edited:
[quote name='faceturd']Do these things really sway people's purchasing location?[/QUOTE]

Depends. If it's just skins or something, I could not possibly care any less. In this instance, though, I guess it matters how long it takes to solve a case. The GS exclusive one sounds pretty interesting.

Gamestop and mall-mart are the best

Last edited:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Depends. If it's just skins or something, I could not possibly care any less. In this instance, though, I guess it matters how long it takes to solve a case. The GS exclusive one sounds pretty interesting.[/QUOTE]

I didn't read close enough... I guess extra cases (actual content) is interesting. But I don't understand the other two necessarily, especially ones that grant you crazy abilities. Its like when I was listening to Rebel FM play Dead Space 2 with the unlockable Zealot force gun weapon that makes the game really easy from the beginning. I don't know... seems like a game should be played as it ships and then fancy stuff added on further play throughs.

Wow, I think they've actually deterred me from pre-ordering with all this store exclusive bullshit.

One of my most hyped games of the year, but now I think I'll wait it out till I can actually play the whole game.

Yeah I really hate the exclusive preorder bonus crap. If the extras offered were the same no matter where you buy it would serve as an incentive, but this just seems like it's ripping you off. Maybe because GS seems usually to get the best bonuses and I hate shopping at GS. I bet they have to shell out a ton of cash to get those better exclusives because otherwise nobody would buy from GS... Meanwhile amazon doesn't needto worry as much because they are a far superior retailer.

Ruahrc

[quote name='road3283']Wow, I think they've actually deterred me from pre-ordering with all this store exclusive bullshit.

One of my most hyped games of the year, but now I think I'll wait it out till I can actually play the whole game.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='road3283']Wow, I think they've actually deterred me from pre-ordering with all this store exclusive bullshit.

One of my most hyped games of the year, but now I think I'll wait it out till I can actually play the whole game.[/QUOTE]

+1. This bullshit has to stop. One bonus is fine I guess but this just screams rip off to me. I'm sure there will be a GOTY edition with all of the DLC at some point. So annoying.

Guys, these bonuses are probably minor side missions (think the stranger requests in RDR) and might even have generic unlock codes.

Still getting this day 1.

Yeah, I'm kind of beginning to feel the same way. Initially it wasn't too bad because it was mostly multi-player skins and other such cosmetic-y type stuff. Now they're blatantly withholding game content in the form of entire missions? Blech, this game looks pretty good but I'll just wait.

You know its funny because all these game companies are so concerned about used game sales hurting their bottom line but then they give the largest used game retailer in the US the best pre-order bonus... Its almost like they're saying "we hate you, BUT here have an edge in getting people pre-ordering our game."

I'm not letting any of that deter me from buying an early game of the year candidate, I have a $20 credit at Amazon and that's where i'll be preordering.

I love the idea of this game and am really hoping it won't just be a clone of a GTA game. IMO the less shooting and explosions the better. I want this to be closer to Heavy Rain than to GTA.

[quote name='ChrisHookz']I'm not letting any of that deter me from buying an early game of the year candidate, I have a $20 credit at Amazon and that's where i'll be preordering.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Me neither. This game looks great. The GS case sounds interesting, but as someone else pointed out, how long could it possibly be? If I miss out on some or all of these exclusive cases, I definitely don't feel like I will be missing out on a large part of the game. I mean, in open-world games like this, unless you're an absolute completionist or there is an achievement for doing every, possible thing, do you finish every mission? And if you do, by the end, doesn't it feel like a choir?

So who else is pumped for this game? I usually deal wait on most single player only games or games where I only am interested in the single player, but man this is a day one purchase for me.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Exactly. Me neither. This game looks great. The GS case sounds interesting, but as someone else pointed out, how long could it possibly be? If I miss out on some or all of these exclusive cases, I definitely don't feel like I will be missing out on a large part of the game. I mean, in open-world games like this, unless you're an absolute completionist or there is an achievement for doing every, possible thing, do you finish every mission? And if you do, by the end, doesn't it feel like a choir?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I finished everything in RDR except for some of the multiplayer stuff and I actually didnt find it to be a chore at the end, except for perhaps some of the gathering.

Have to say this looks awesome. I totally agree about the Pre-Orders. I think they should at least give us the option of getting the DLC after a year or so. Make it a "Pre-Order Pack" or something. That way if you don't pre-order, you'll have to wait a year. It won't matter by then if someone downloads it cause it's no longer a selling point.

Or handle it like Little Big Planet 2. Have the single DLCs for each company, but then a limited edition that contains them all for the real fans / completists and let everyone sell them. That way you can just get the bonus you want, or the whole sh-bang. I have too say, if I really liked this game, the extra 2 cases would be something I'd really want. The suits, not so much. They are almost like cheating...

HA! And that last sentance reminds me, I must say that Rockstar making the Deadly Assassin Outfit in RDR an exclusive that you STILL HAD TO EARN, was brilliant.

[quote name='seanr1221']Guys, these bonuses are probably minor side missions (think the stranger requests in RDR) and might even have generic unlock codes.

Still getting this day 1.[/QUOTE]

They are just extra missions but that's the point. That's more stuff to do that we may not get to do unless we pay extra for it

Rockstar already said everything will be available eventually, they wanted to do the samething with Red Dead but it was delayed but the pre-order bonuses for Red Dead will be available next month.

[quote name='cgarb84']I love the idea of this game and am really hoping it won't just be a clone of a GTA game. IMO the less shooting and explosions the better. I want this to be closer to Heavy Rain than to GTA.[/QUOTE]

I never thought it might be like Heavy Rain, that might be cool. But I am hoping the other way on this, more GTA less Heavy Rain.

This game was already one of my most-wanted games of this year, but after seeing the demo at PAX East last weekend..... :drool: :drool: :drool:

I preordered it from GoHastings.com the day they had it for $30, which is great, but I have a feeling I won't be getting it until a week or so after it comes out. I also preordered Homefront for $30 that day, and they still haven't shipped that yet. I don't really care how long it takes Homefront to get here, but it's going to be brutal waiting for L.A. Noire to arrive.

[quote name='Danimal']I preordered it from GoHastings.com the day they had it for $30[/QUOTE]

Dang, how did I miss that one! I want this game ASAP but will be waiting for a deal, pre-order incentives aren't working on me.

Are any of these preorder bonuses THAT great? I have a preorder locked in at $50 from newegg and one at amazon for $60. Amazon comes without the suit but I'm not sure how useful it will be. Do you think this is a game that will have other clothing options available? I sold my fallout: NV DLC for $40 and found better equipment in the first 30 minutes of the game. I'm not worried about release day shipping because my birthday is the 24th and my parents want to get me something this year so I just asked for this game.

Rockstar has said all of the pre order DLC will be available for purchase *soon* after the release of the game so unless you want to try to flip DLC for money on EBay then I would just keep your $50 preorder. Best of the pre order DLC IMO are the extra cases from either Gamestop or walmart.com.

i cant wait for this game. i locked in with amazon because i had $20 of credit to use up. im really happy Rockstar will release all this pre order stuff for sale eventually that way no one loses out at all. i'll grab the extra cases for sure, the suits ehhh im good.

I just pre-ordered from Walmart; hope the traffic case is good as it says it doesn't ship until the week after the 17th.

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']I doubt we will get it. Most PS3 exclusives stay that way. We never got Mafia 2, Red Dead or Assassins Creed Brotherhood dlc that was exclusive to PS3.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Mafia II exclusive was indeed available for the 360 later.

[quote name='n00bie']I believe the Mafia II exclusive was indeed available for the 360 later.[/QUOTE]

No it has never come to 360. The Jimmy mission that's after the PS3 exclusive did come out on both platforms.

It's rumored to be in the GotY or whatever they're calling it edition this summer.

FYI Gamestop has a really good deal for trading 2 games to get $50 towards LA Noire. If you're looking for something to do with some PS3 games or something like Fable 3/Bulletstorm/NBA Jam/NBA 2K11/NHL 11 that won't be worth much past May, then this might be the way to go.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/la-noire#games

Also the pre-order cases for both Walmart and Gamestop are going to be paper slips included in the game. No word on the PS3 exclusive case, although I imagine it will be a paper slip also considering it was for Mafia II.

Edit: Brady has canceled the CE guide. I checked Gamestop and my preorder for it was now under SKU deleted, which is what happens when you preorder something that is canceled. Also I checked Amazon and it's gone from there also.

[quote name='Rockstar Games Q&A']“@R* is there multiplayer in L.A. Noire? or just single player?” - ghostcheez

There will be no multiplayer component of L.A. Noire – the combination of innovative technology and unique gameplay that allow you to solve crimes through interrogations and investigation is really one that’s geared entirely for a single-player experience. Trust us that this is a game unlike any you’ve played before – very different not only for us here at Rockstar but for videogames as a medium. Bolting on generic multiplayer on top of that would not make much sense, or be a good use of our time or development budget! Hope this clears up any confusion. We thought this would be spelt out in some of last week's previews, but as it wasn't, we felt we should clarify ourselves.[/quote]

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/14251/asked-answered-la-noire-edition.html

So true about the bolting on of generic multiplayer. If a game does not call for it, leave it out and spend those resources into other worthwhile aspects of the game.

Debating whether or not to preorder this, as there is no special edition and the preorder bonuses supposedly are going to be available anyways. I have $30 of GS credit to use up but maybe I'll just wait for this to get cheaper as I have a backlog.

Ruahrc

[quote name='CaptainKirk']How do you even pronounce the game I preordered?

L-A NOR-E?
L-A NEEOR-E?[/QUOTE]

L-A No-R

[quote name='Ruahrc']So true about the bolting on of generic multiplayer. If a game does not call for it, leave it out and spend those resources into other worthwhile aspects of the game.[/QUOTE]

Definitely true. I'm really tired of games having multiplayer components just tacked on for the hell of it or because there's a "demand." I really don't know why so many people seem to think games only have a high value when there's multiplayer. Some of the games I have spent the most time with this generation have no MP at all. Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Mass Effect 1 and 2. Batman: Arkham Asylum.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Definitely true. I'm really tired of games having multiplayer components just tacked on for the hell of it or because there's a "demand." I really don't know why so many people seem to think games only have a high value when there's multiplayer. Some of the games I have spent the most time with this generation have no MP at all. Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Mass Effect 1 and 2. Batman: Arkham Asylum.[/QUOTE]

It really depends on the person. While I enjoy a great single player experience, I tend to play more multiplayer than anything else. It's just what I have the most fun with.

Multiplayer games tend to have more replay value to most people due to the fact that you can play games with your friends (or randoms, if you have no friends ;)).

bread's done
Back