LA Noire $59.99 + $20 Credit @ Amazon

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Looks like Amazon just changed their promotional credit from $15 to $20 for LA Noire. How nice of them to do so the day AFTER most of our orders shipped so that they don't have to technically honor this for those who preordered. Still worth a try though.

PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use the phone, be prepared to take a while and make sure the rep understands it's not about the L.A. Noire purchase price, but about the credit offer. Had to explain that a few times. ;)

I also had no problems with getting the credit, once the rep understood that the $20 credit applied to L.A. Noire was NOT the issue, and that I was talking about the credit that came with L.A. Noire being increased less than 24 hours after release (seriously - it's just past 0900 here which means, barring midnight sales, Amazon made the credit change before stores on the East Coast opened for Wednesday business).

Be polite, say please and thank you and you should do just fine in getting the credit applied.

Why doesn't every business give front-line CSRs as much flexibility as Amazon? The world would be SO much easier.

I don't understand why Amazon continues to try and punish people who pre-order. Lately promotions have either continued for a few days after release, had a price drop immediately, or gained more credit. You're almost guaranteed to get screwed if you do pre-order these days. WTF. . .

For those that have trouble getting the extra $5. Why not just tell them about Amazon Price Guarantee that comes with every pre-order? A credit promo is arguably a price drop, so try telling them that. And how you're a loyal customer and that if they do not "adjust" the credit, it makes you questioning about pre-ordering the other 5 that you were about to make.
:D

[quote name='Scorch']I just found out how to check your promo credit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000296831

Click "enter code" and it shows it.

I have a TON of promo credit that I didn't even know about, lol[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that tip! I have $20 MP3 credit, $20 instant video and $20 video games. I knew about the latter, but not the others! I'm going to have to figure out some albums to buy. Nice to find free money you didn't know about! Not sure if I'll ever use the instant video credit. I guess if amazon instant video comes to the iPad or the Xbox I will, though. Also mulling over buying LA Noire now. I'm curious about it, but worried about it being long and repetitious and about the alleged issues with the 360 version. Has anyone here played the 360 version? Is it that bad? I don't have a PS3.

[quote name='crunchewy']Thanks for that tip! I have $20 MP3 credit, $20 instant video and $20 video games. I knew about the latter, but not the others! I'm going to have to figure out some albums to buy. Nice to find free money you didn't know about! Not sure if I'll ever use the instant video credit. I guess if amazon instant video comes to the iPad or the Xbox I will, though. Also mulling over buying LA Noire now. I'm curious about it, but worried about it being long and repetitious and about the alleged issues with the 360 version. Has anyone here played the 360 version? Is it that bad? I don't have a PS3.[/QUOTE]

This is important: ALL OF THOSE CREDITS ARE THE SAME. They show up on all of those, but they are considered general credit. It's 20$ total, not 60. Saving you from the mistake I made!

Got my $5, no problem. Also, as someone else posted earlier, I got an e-mail saying the price had decreased by $0.99 prior to my shipment, so got that back as well.

I know that Kmart arguably had the better deal on this, but the ease of Amazon's customer service is why I always lean towards them.

Thanks for the heads-up op

I'm canceling any pre orders before they ship from now on unless they already have a $20 credit. It's just dumb to settle for the $10-$15 dollars anymore when there's almost always a $20 deal somewhere within 48 hours of release.

I wouldnt mind asking CS to get the extra credit but I've already gotten one of the "too many concessions" emails so they'd end up just closing my account if I do it again. So I guess it's $20 or nothing for me Amazon.

[quote name='easper']Hey, thanks! I have no idea how I ended up with $25 in credit for both mp3s and VOD, but I'll sure as heck take it![/QUOTE]
2 people have already posted on this. You've only actually got $25 period. Not $25 for each thing.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']This is important: ALL OF THOSE CREDITS ARE THE SAME. They show up on all of those, but they are considered general credit. It's 20$ total, not 60. Saving you from the mistake I made![/QUOTE]

Dang. So I don't have $20 video game credit and $20 MP3 credit? Just one or the other? Well, that sure is confusing. Oh well.

When it says you have $30 in Software/Video Game Downloads, what exactly can I get for that? or is that not any different than the General credit too?

BTW I was able to get the extra $5 but not without having to go to a "supervisor" to issue a "one time exception".

I'm a crappy typist, I hate using chat so I cut and pasted from one of the logs in this thread and got the five bucks. Im still laughing and it was worth the 30 seconds.

[quote name='ShockandAww']2 people have already posted on this. You've only actually got $25 period. Not $25 for each thing.[/QUOTE]

I should hit refresh before I post in a thread, I guess. Grateful for the heads up, all.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']When it says you have $30 in Software/Video Game Downloads, what exactly can I get for that? or is that not any different than the General credit too?

BTW I was able to get the extra $5 but not without having to go to a "supervisor" to issue a "one time exception".[/QUOTE]
You can get games, movies, music, kindle etc (basically all media) with that but only ship/sold by Amazon.com of course.
Not sure what you mean by General Credits, but that Software category includes VOD, Kindle, and MP3. Gift Card is its own category.

[quote name='GBAstar']The odds of you getting the midnight launch DLC is slim to none. Their were reports that those in attendance weren't able to get it.[/QUOTE]

I heard about this one guy who went release day and scooped up loads of the midnight launch dlc.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm canceling any pre orders before they ship from now on unless they already have a $20 credit. It's just dumb to settle for the $10-$15 dollars anymore when there's almost always a $20 deal somewhere within 48 hours of release.

I wouldnt mind asking CS to get the extra credit but I've already gotten one of the "too many concessions" emails so they'd end up just closing my account if I do it again. So I guess it's $20 or nothing for me Amazon.[/QUOTE]

How many concessions have you done? Just curious.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm canceling any pre orders before they ship from now on unless they already have a $20 credit. It's just dumb to settle for the $10-$15 dollars anymore when there's almost always a $20 deal somewhere within 48 hours of release.

I wouldnt mind asking CS to get the extra credit but I've already gotten one of the "too many concessions" emails so they'd end up just closing my account if I do it again. So I guess it's $20 or nothing for me Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well, another way to do pre-ordering is to place it when it's $10, and when it changes to $15 you'll get both :p

If it doesn't change, just remember to cancel before it ships! That's what I'm gonna start doing unless they fix the double dipping.

[quote name='iRandom']If I pre-order now (xbox 360) will I get the Amazon pre-order bonus? not the $20 credit but the DLC...???[/QUOTE]

^i wanna know this too. And to anyone who feels slighted that amazon increased the bonus credit. Realize as a prime member you got free release day delivery, I'm ordering now and i'm paying $4 for overnight delivery so it's about the same only i'm getting the game later.

Since other people didn't see it.

ALL CREDIT IS THE SAME

If it says you have Amazon VOD credit, MP3 credit, game credit.. doesn't matter, it's all one thing.

[quote name='Trance Addix']How many concessions have you done? Just curious.[/QUOTE]
Probably 15% or so of my orders at one point. So like 15 out of 100 or so. I think the main problem though was that a couple were on higher end items (an ipod touch and a PS3 system around black friday last year, I got them to match competitors prices before the competitors officially had those prices advertised), plus I got in a big argument with some CS reps over Noram not giving me credit for trade ins and I think it pissed them off and so they flagged my account and had it reviewed.

Got the credit with no problems. I typed out a description of the problem in the pop-up window for the chat, the guy came in the chat and said "I am issuing you a $5 credit now". I guess he dealt with it already today.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Probably 15% or so of my orders at one point. So like 15 out of 100 or so. I think the main problem though was that a couple were on higher end items (an ipod touch and a PS3 system around black friday last year, I got them to match competitors prices before the competitors officially had those prices advertised), plus I got in a big argument with some CS reps over Noram not giving me credit for trade ins and I think it pissed them off and so they flagged my account and had it reviewed.[/QUOTE]

Damn man...yeah I'd tread lightly, as it would suck to have your account closed. At least for a while. ;)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Probably 15% or so of my orders at one point. So like 15 out of 100 or so. I think the main problem though was that a couple were on higher end items (an ipod touch and a PS3 system around black friday last year, I got them to match competitors prices before the competitors officially had those prices advertised), plus I got in a big argument with some CS reps over Noram not giving me credit for trade ins and I think it pissed them off and so they flagged my account and had it reviewed.[/QUOTE]

I see. Are you hesitant to trade in now lol?

[quote name='Trance Addix']I see. Are you hesitant to trade in now lol?[/QUOTE]
Definitely lol. I havent traded anything since. I really dont like Noram at all..

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Damn man...yeah I'd tread lightly, as it would suck to have your account closed. At least for a while. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah I dont ask for anything anymore lol, but it stops me from buying from them also because of things like this. If everyone else gets $5 credit more, I want it too lol. Plus when things are actually wrong with an item, I cant really do much about it. Before I would just keep it and take credit or return it (rarely) but I'm too scared to do either now, so I just buy somewhere else.

[quote name='GME92']How do I contact Amazon to complain since I pre-ordered and got $15 credit only?[/QUOTE]

Sign in to your account, Get the order # of your LA Noire purchase, you might need it. At the bottom of your account page click on "help" at the top right of that page it says "contact us" click on it and it will bring up your options to contact them.

thanks OP and all the posters that helped. I went to review my order, clicked the box to ask a question about returns. opened a chat window, pasted in what someone else had used successfully, and left the window to go back to work. took longer to type this message than to get the credit (already there too).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRandom']If I pre-order now (xbox 360) will I get the Amazon pre-order bonus? not the $20 credit but the DLC...???[/QUOTE]

yes.

the code came shipped inside the game, code wasn't emailed.

While free DLC is always nice to get, I don't think amazon's pre order DLC was all that interesting...I don't have it but apparently It lets you fight a bit better, but at least for the first third of the game, fighting doesn't come up all that much and it is already not very difficult.

[quote name='Jodou']I don't understand why Amazon continues to try and punish people who pre-order. Lately promotions have either continued for a few days after release, had a price drop immediately, or gained more credit. You're almost guaranteed to get screwed if you do pre-order these days. WTF. . .[/QUOTE]

THIS. I am starting to get very annoyed with Amazon because of these reasons

Anyway, i did the chat thing and Hari hooked me up with the extra $5

I didn't have any success with convincing Aman when I first tried a few hours ago. But I just made my second attempt, and Vakul came through for me without batting an eye.

Thanks OP, I placed two pre-orders (one for each console), and just got the extra promo credit ($5 + $5) using the chat option, it was quick and easy:bouncy:
Did anyone had any luck with that email that offered the $15 AND $10 promo credit?

Yeah this chat thing literally just blew my mind. 30 second customer service and it works. Newegg.com should learn a thing or two from them.

did the chat again and got my $5 this time. But they're sending it in 24-48 hours?? I've never had them issue me the credit this way before.

[quote name='nypickle']on the games Amazon page under "Customer Discussions", an Amazon official wrote the following:[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Amazon Game Room says:

Customers who ordered L.A. Noire through 5/17/2011 and received a $15 promotional credit will be sent an additional $5 credit to bring their total credit up to the $20 level currently offered for new orders.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors

was getting tired of amazon doing this instant price drop within days of preorder trend. In this case one day.

Nice to know they realize that their customers are obviously going to be unhappy with this-and would naturally want a price adjustment.

thanks amazon-
-maybe some of you will end up getting an extra $5 since you got it from the chat and maybe will get this $5 as well who knows.

[quote name='nypickle']on the games Amazon page under "Customer Discussions", an Amazon official wrote the following:[/QUOTE]

Could you link it?

Some of these Amazon chatters wants links... sheesh.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back