LA Noire $59.99 + $20 Credit @ Amazon

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Looks like Amazon just changed their promotional credit from $15 to $20 for LA Noire. How nice of them to do so the day AFTER most of our orders shipped so that they don't have to technically honor this for those who preordered. Still worth a try though.

PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Thanks Amazon. I got them to give me the 5 bucks this morning and then I just got the e-mail for another 5.

[quote name='youenvy']go to video on demand click on a movie like your going to rent it-and when your there click redeem code and it will show you all the creds you have[/QUOTE]

I wish there was a better way to check your promo credits.

Looks like I got an extra $5 after I got $5 from customer service thus morning. Anyone else get this?

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']now who's missing the point? did you read the link i posted? they use algorithms to set their prices (including pre-order credits) - the algorithm goofed (from a CS perspective) and they fixed it within hours. where's the problem? I'm more likely to use amazon after this, not less.[/QUOTE]
Sigh, this isn't an isolated case. If it was the first time this happened, you'd have a point. Just because they goof up sometimes doesn't account for past instances.

Besides, this wasn't a price change; it was a promotional change.

I talked the Chat this morning and got $5, now I just got a email for it and got another $5. My gift card deal is now $25.

This game is amazing too.

Sweet. I got this game for $42 thanks to a 30% off order, got $5 for a delay in shipping (I have prime), $15 for pre-ordering (didn't get the double with the $10, but it's not worth fighting over), $5 for the increase to $20 promo credit (given by a CSR), then $5 automatically given by the system (didn't know that was going to happen).

So for $42 I got LA Noire and $30 in Promo credit. That works for me :D

[quote name='CyReN']I talked the Chat this morning and got $5, now I just got a email for it and got another $5. My gift card deal is now $25.

This game is amazing too.[/QUOTE]
Jeebus, guess I will probably end up with $35 in credits for this game ($10 for UPS delay). :eek:

Can't wait to play it tonight!

Wow! Just got an email for another $5 credit + the $5 from customer service this morning. $25 total. And they sent another email that adjusted the total price of the game since they dropped it down to $59.00 the day before release. 99 cents back to my account. I'm rich!!!

[quote name='youenvy']go to video on demand click on a movie like your going to rent it-and when your there click redeem code and it will show you all the creds you have[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much!

[quote name='Jodou']Sigh, this isn't an isolated case. If it was the first time this happened, you'd have a point. Just because they goof up sometimes doesn't account for past instances.

Besides, this wasn't a price change; it was a promotional change.[/QUOTE]

i understand the frustation. i woke up to the increased credit, and my response was...'arrgh, amazon"

now, it's "amazon!" (the switch from fail to ftw was fast and furious, owing to their excellent CS)

the thing is, amazon's robo pricing is what makes it awesome - super responsive to the market - supply, demand, etc. vs. other places where a 6 month old game is still 59.99 (plus tax) on the shelf. i was stoked on the $15 credit - and i was super stoked on the $5 fixer, and happy with the $.99 credit for the price change. for a game that was waiting on my porch when i got home from work. and that i bought almost entirely with amazon credit. the convenience and the excellent CS make the quirks of the robo-pricing worth it. imho

Yeah, just got an email saying that I got 5.00 credit. I didn't bother with customer service before because it was only 5 dollars and amazon has been great to me.

Sweet! Yeah, me too. I got Amazon Support to credit me $5 promotional last night and today I saw the Twitter post saying they were giving an additional $5 to anyone that pre-ordered by 5/17. So that's $10 on top of the original $15 ... so $25 off a $59.99 title = $34.99. Also, I put my Broderick Detective Suit on eBay for $15 - that should sell today making the game $10 total.

I had credit to cover the entire original purchase so ... yeah, killer deal :).

Thanks to OP. Started a chat with Amazon CS anyway and they said it had already been applied to my account in the form of an additional $5 promo credit. Never hurts to check. edit: Only one email about the 99¢ I was getting back from the best pre-order price, nothing about the $5.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Sweet. I got this game for $42 thanks to a 30% off order, got $5 for a delay in shipping (I have prime), $15 for pre-ordering (didn't get the double with the $10, but it's not worth fighting over), $5 for the increase to $20 promo credit (given by a CSR), then $5 automatically given by the system (didn't know that was going to happen).

So for $42 I got LA Noire and $30 in Promo credit. That works for me :D[/QUOTE]

how did you get 30% off the original order?

I emailed them last night since I could've just went to K-Mart and bought the game and got their huge promo. Because of that, I got the $20 plus an additional $10 credit for the inconvenience.

Very nice of them since it was UPS's problem.

Me:Hello.
I noticed that when I had placed the order for L.A. Noire, there was a $15 promotional credit. I now see that it has increased to $20. Is there a way that I can receive those extra $5?

Michelle:Hello my name is Michelle. I'm very sorry that the promotional credit is not the right amount. We are issuing an extra $5 promotion on the accounts where customers only received $15

Me:Thank you. Will I get an email to let me know that I received it?

Michelle:Yes you should.

Me:Thank you!

Michelle:You're very welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:No that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Alf']Looks like I got an extra $5 after I got $5 from customer service thus morning. Anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just got an email for $5 towards my next purchase. I emailed them back asking if i'll get the other $15 when LA Noire ships.

Does anyone know if you can use promotional credits for consoles? I would love to use it for the NGP when they start pre-orders.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $0.99 for your Order ***

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: L.A. Noire
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B002I0HBZW
Reason for refund: Pre-order price protection

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $0.99

--------

Just got that email.. received the game on time and they just gave me that for no reason.. i'll take it though. $5 credit and .99 cent refund without even contacting them.. I like it.

[p]I realize I will probably be flamed for posting this, but I do not love Amazon at the moment like some do. I feel their handling of this promo was poor not only for me, but for others that were turned away as well. I do not know for others, but I certainly know for myself, and I was professional and courteous in my request. At no point would I resort to cursing or raised voices. I manage a call center and I know that type of behavior should not rewarded under any circumstance. However, I also know the type of quality service they should be striving for and I know when they are not even trying to reach it.[/p]I contacted Amazon earlier this morning before the $5 was automatically applied. After being denied the $5 because the promotion had expired and that the CSR said she could not give me a better answer than that, I said it was silly because any other retailer would match their own price or promo difference one day later. A few minutes later, the $5 was offered, as an 'exception'. I told her she could keep it, as I no longer cared about the promo difference. It was never about the actual $5, but instead was about Amazon recognizing the value of their customers. With that in mind, I told her I would give her back the $15 original promo as well if she could tell me why just a few minutes ago, the best answer she could give me was that there was nothing she could do. I did not get a response back to that and eventually had to disconnect the chat myself. I called in a few hours later after attending to some other business and after a CSR that claimed could not hear me, and then another that left me on hold indefinitely, I finally got someone that listened to me, and then got a supervisor on the line to discuss the situation with me. By this time, I was already validated by the fact that Amazon decided to match the new promo for all of those that had preordered, but I had them remove all my promotional credit from my account for now. They are looking into answers for me as to why this occurred, and why it is far too often the norm when contacting them over chat. The suggestion that the CSR earlier this morning gave me was to reorder it under the new promotion and return my old one. Being that I have a Prime account, with my reorder, I would get free 2 day shipping. The cost of packaging, shipping, and employee time for handling that shipment, on top of the CSR's time spent debating this with me far outweighed the measly $5 I felt was justified to come to me in the first place. At least I had someone at Amazon finally acknowledge that it would have been far cheaper for Amazon and far better service to just listen to the customer at first and apply some common sense. I doubt they will take my request seriously, but I do hope they eventually can learn to handle these situations with a little more grace.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Definitely lol. I havent traded anything since. I really dont like Noram at all..

Yeah I dont ask for anything anymore lol, but it stops me from buying from them also because of things like this. If everyone else gets $5 credit more, I want it too lol. Plus when things are actually wrong with an item, I cant really do much about it. Before I would just keep it and take credit or return it (rarely) but I'm too scared to do either now, so I just buy somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Noram is the worst

haha wow, i was just in the middle of typing up an email to complain how ridiculous this is getting, that they keep on doing shit like this.

i went to check my email first, and it turns out they already sent me the extra $5 credit as well. phew. that would have been embarrassing. still though, wish i could have bought this at kmart, but i was already on the coupon train here and i only had 40 clams to spend.

LOL this is getting ridiculous. I've seen the following...

$5 complaining to amazon since credit jumped to $20 today
$5 automatically applied by amazon's price guarantee
$15 pre-order bonus applied by amazon's price guarantee
$10 pre-order bonus applied by amazon on mistake or complaining to amazon since others got it.
$.99 complaining to amazon since price momentarily dropped to $59
$.99 automatically applied by amazon's price guarantee

$37 in credits. I know someone out there got it all.

[quote name='Japakneez']LOL this is getting ridiculous. I've seen the following...

$10 pre-order bonus applied by amazon on mistake or complaining to amazon since others got it.

$37 in credits. I know someone out there got it all.[/QUOTE]

I didnt get no $37, but did get $25

i love amazon. i got the 20 credit and 99 cent price match applied automatically. No need to worry or deal with customer service. It takes up to two days just like they state.

I got the $0.99 refund and additional $5 credit as well. I wrote them a positive feedback email thanking them for doing that without me even contacting them about it.

Got the extra $5 from Amazon, plus the .99¢ PPP and a refund (?) for the .99¢ RDD.

$48.99+$20 GC
:)

[quote name='shrike4242']Not counting the pre-order bonuses, is there any reason to get it now versus waiting until it's cheaper?[/QUOTE]

Immediate gratification. Myself, I'm waiting for a sub-$40 price. I'm hoping it hits $35 in a month or so.

[quote name='Japakneez']LOL this is getting ridiculous. I've seen the following...

keep doing your complaining like this and soon you will be ban from Amazon. along with other cheapassgamers who think its worth to go crying to amazon for 1-3 dollars. enjoy buying your games at gamestop for those of you who like to abuse the generosity of Amazon

I came close...$36 counting the auto $.99 price reduction. But never complained, just a series of polite inquiries. ;)

Just placed my Alice pre-order using the $35 credit...total comes to $9.99 out of pocket. :D

[quote name='lakers2008']keep doing your complaining like this and soon you will be ban from Amazon. along with other cheapassgamers who think its worth to go crying to amazon for 1-3 dollars. enjoy buying your games at gamestop for those of you who like to abuse the generosity of Amazon[/QUOTE]
DOT DOT DOT

Reading comprehension people.

[quote name='lakers2008']keep doing your complaining like this and soon you will be ban from Amazon. along with other cheapassgamers who think its worth to go crying to amazon for 1-3 dollars. enjoy buying your games at gamestop for those of you who like to abuse the generosity of Amazon[/QUOTE]

yeah im hoping they crack down on it. at least amazon admits to keeping records of all inquiries. they've already banned someone for having multiple trade-in account from the same address. those that abuse should be easily spotted by amazon.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not counting the pre-order bonuses, is there any reason to get it now versus waiting until it's cheaper?[/QUOTE]

well if you have any sort of credit on amazon/walmart or best buy,
youll basically be getting the game for $40 on the spot, since your paying with credit and getting credit back.

you get some dlc for sure since its packed in the games for now-if you don't care about the dlc you can sell it on ebay to make the game about $10-$15 cheaper.

and mainly you get to enjoy the game right away instead of waiting till it actually drops to $40, which might be actually a nice 2 month wait. The faster you pass it the faster you can trade it in or resell it for a nice value and recoup some of your money.

didn't red dead revolver take a long time to drop to $40 can't remember how long that took.

I know, right. Amazon took away one guys ability to capitalize his sentences ! True story. Nothing wrong with sending a polite inquiry if there is a problem. Amazon might want to show a little love to those who pre-order games tho.

[quote name='Chickenmumbo']I know, right. Amazon took away one guys ability to capitalize his sentences ! True story. Nothing wrong with sending a polite inquiry if there is a problem. Amazon might want to show a little love to those who pre-order games tho.[/QUOTE]

it's not just one guy. first someone does chat with Amazon they are offered $5 credit. they come back here and see others got $15 credit. They go back to chat and demand to get 15 because someone else got $15. Chat rep refuses then they email Amazon hoping they get the extra $15 since they basically got $5 already. Well more power to you if you think saving 5-10 dollars a month is worth your account.

[quote name='lakers2008']it's not just one guy. first someone does chat with Amazon they are offered $5 credit. they come back here and see others got $15 credit. They go back to chat and demand to get 15 because someone else got $15. Chat rep refuses then they email Amazon hoping they get the extra $15 since they basically got $5 already. Well more power to you if you think saving 5-10 dollars a month is worth your account.[/QUOTE]

this isnt what's happening....try again.

bread's done
Back