League of Legends anyone?

[quote name='kilm']I like how when you're already in the client/lobby, there is a link to download game.

About the "great" community, I wouldn't go that far. I feel it's the the same as any other gaming community, but I do get far less nonsense in-game than other games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been playing it quite a bit recently and I see Waughu on xfire playing it often as well. The best part is that its free! For more great free games like League of Legends, check out Megazell's thread located here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244468
stickied in the PC forum!

:lol::D:applause::cool::)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Yeah, I've been playing it quite a bit recently and I see Waughu on xfire playing it often as well. The best part is that its free! For more great free games like League of Legends, check out Megazell's thread located here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244468
stickied in the PC forum!

:lol::D:applause::cool::)[/QUOTE]

Funny. You're a really funny guy.

No, seriously, this post made me lol

[quote name='crystalklear64']Why would you do this to yourself?[/QUOTE]

Because she's fun to play :D

Sneak sneak RAVAGE QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ DEAD ENEMY

[quote name='kamui34']Any recommendations for clans or groups? Tired of playing with random players.[/QUOTE]

Just find people you know who like DOTA games? Or like other games, play a game and if there's someone on your team you enjoyed playing with, just add him to your buddy list. Even a 2p queue is better than a 1p queue.

Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for people to play with as solo queue does suck. I haven't got to play much since season 1 started though, I've been pretty ill. Once I'm better I'll be jumping right back into it. I did a few ranked games and quickly realized I REALLY need to learn more champs. I usually only play a couple different ones, and with draft mode in effect I often do not get to pick my main.

Oh, and if you're interested in trying the game out, please use this link

https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bad2605b3d91

I'll get credit for the referral. Shameless, I know, but I like free stuff. ;)

I stopped playing for a while and recently began playing it again with a friend and I'm having so much fun. I'm glad I decided to start playing again.

Decided to give Veigar a try for a bit, since I know Eve sucks.

Little black mage dude is awesome, but damn he falls over quick. I need to work on him a bit to get him up to my Eve standard.

I just wish Eve was more viable at higher levels, since I can murder people pretty well with her.

Yeah, I'm forced to stop playing Kat so much. Everyone has realized that one stun/silence/taunt/anything ruins her. I've tried playing Shen abit, and I like him. Also I've been trying Kassadin, but I'm really bad with him. And every once in awhile I just play Ashe, since she's pretty easy to do decent with. I really need to learn a good tank, and maybe a healer.

Is there any tips on getting Riot points on the cheap? I checked ebay, but no luck. By the way Rammus rules with the right items:).

No, I dont think theres a cheap method for Riot Points. I was gonna use E-Rewards to get gamestop cards, and buy Riot Points thru them, but they dont carry them. So instead I'll just save them all for a 3DS :D

I'll be playing tonight (currently 8h48pm PST) if anyone cares to join me, would like to try arranged teams plus voice chat throrugh xfire.

XFIRE: kamui34

Double XP weekend going on...I'm not going to say it is the best time for new players, but for jumping back in it isn't a terrible time to come back to level up.

[quote name='52club']Double XP weekend going on...I'm not going to say it is the best time for new players, but for jumping back in it isn't a terrible time to come back to level up.[/QUOTE]

I think XP is the same, but IP is doubled. Stack IP boost per day and per win and watch your IP skyrocket!

But yeah, servers suck though. Lagging and DCing way more often than usual.

Just in case anyone was trying to add me or anything... I just had surgery on Monday, and cant really sit at the computer too long at a time. I get really tired really quick, so I'm not doing any online gaming cause I dont know when I'll suddenly need to stop playing and go rest. Hopefully I'll be back to it in a week or two.

Is this what everyone plays instead of Heroes of Newerth?

Tried LoL...really didn't think it even compared to HoN. :/

HoN seems generally more polished IMO. I like the cel-shade of LoL, but for the most part, everytime I tried LoL, I ran into insane amounts of network problems. Random people disconnecting when there were already 10 in a room. People disconnecting at load screens.

Not that this stuff doesn't happen in HoN, but I haven't seen any progression to work away from it in LoL. Also...I can only play as a few characters in LoL starting out? Not a fan.

I just started playing and really enjoying it :)

Bought the collectors edition for $20 at amazon, and it comes with 20 champs and even $10 worth of rune points..so its kinda like it only being $10...but not really

So I assume none of these games have bots you can play against? I'm never "elite" enough to have fun with these games. Too many people devote their lives to them and are gods by the time I try to join in.

Last I checked though, the Bots were pretty terrible. Might be worth playing if you're trying to become accustomed with a champion, but aside from that it'll get pretty boring pretty fast.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Last I checked though, the Bots were pretty terrible. Might be worth playing if you're trying to become accustomed with a champion, but aside from that it'll get pretty boring pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

Bots are pretty bad. The best three of the bunch are Ryze, Alistar, and Sivir to practice against, Ryze because he's the only one with a shot at killing you with his burst combo, Alistar to practice kiting as ranged, and Sivir because she's good at pushing towers and at getting away. Bots are best used to practice your skills at avoiding unnecessary damage and being able to kill champions before they get away.

You can use practice games with bots to try out item builds, harassing champions, tower diving, last hitting creeps, ganking, etc. Basically, all the core things (other than team fights) that will help you do good against real people.

For just starting out with human opponents, 3v3 is best because damage is lower overall so you are able to spend more time in a fight. 5v5 is a bit more chaotic because if you stand in the wrong place in a team fight (or even just the wrong place on the map), you'll probably get instagibbed. IMO, there's a huge learning curve when transitioning from 3v3 to 5v5, so don't be discouraged if you get really good at 3v3, then play a 5v5 and die a lot.

Bots are really only good for learning a new champ's moves, and maybe trying out new item combinations.

Honestly though, the game tries to set you up with people of a similar skill level, so you shouldnt get pwned too bad. However, some people make 'smurf' accounts just so they can play against newbies and feel good about themselves. I'd suggest you find some friends and team with, it'll help you alot.

Yes the bots are terrible, but to a brand new player it will give them the chance to get acclimated to the controls and the basics of the game without getting steamrolled. And some IP/XP to boot.

As Waughoo said above the matchmaking does a decent job putting you against similar skilled players, unless you run into a good player's smurf account, which has happened to me.

[quote name='TLPRIME']As Waughoo said above the matchmaking does a decent job putting you against similar skilled players, unless you run into a good player's smurf account, which has happened to me.[/QUOTE]

Is is common to run into people like that? It'd be cool to start playing without running into wastes of space like that.

It always amazes me when people will go to such extraordinary lengths just to beat down on noobs to make themselves feel all pro. It's pathetic.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Is is common to run into people like that? It'd be cool to start playing without running into wastes of space like that.

It always amazes me when people will go to such extraordinary lengths just to beat down on noobs to make themselves feel all pro. It's pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Common? Like everyday common? No. Every other day common? No. Every blue moon? Yes. It will happen, just not very frequently.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Is is common to run into people like that? It'd be cool to start playing without running into wastes of space like that.

It always amazes me when people will go to such extraordinary lengths just to beat down on noobs to make themselves feel all pro. It's pathetic.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's too common. I am summoner lvl 17 or 18 now and it's happened to me maybe 4-5 times. I have also had games where a lvl 30 with hundreds of wins was put into my game. Those cases are either a matchmaking fail, or the lvl 30 duo-queued with a lower lvl friend to play together.

All in all I would say their matchmaking is decent, but has some quirks.

So anyway, I bought the collectors edition for $20. Such a bargain.

20 Champions + runes
$10 in Riot points

I bought a 14-day IP boost and was farming ip for a while. Unlocked Kassadin and I am enjoying him a lot. Teleporting is great :D

I want to unlock at least one of each "class" that I think is neat during my boosting

Ive recently gotten into it as well. I love it. I bought the collector's pack as someone else said, its such a great bargain, especially if you were intending to get a lot of those champions anyway.

Im debating on purchasing a 6300 IP champ with the riot points that come with the package. Kog'maw or Karthus look fun, but im more interested in the 3150 IP champs to be honest.

My name's ManyFs in-game, add me if you'd like, I play every other day or so. Level 12, usually main Taric/Rammus.

I just started playing this game this weekend.

The game itself is really fun, but playing with random teams is often frustrating. It seems both teams often have players that don't really work together much, so tanks and support classes wind up being weak (As my friend said today, what's the point of being a tank if no one plays as a team?) I've only really played 2 games so far where my team got rolled.

I imagine the games are very different with premade teams and/or higher level players.

I haven't really run into any crybabies or hostile players yet so I guess I can't really complain that much.

I've done best w/ Yi and Sivir, who are high DPS classes with abilities to flee. I've had some luck w Olaf w Frost Hammer, but a lot of the times I need just a little help from allies, which can be hard to get some games.

I played two games as Alistar (Minotaur) and I can see how he is good, but everytime I would stun and headbutt enemy champions (with 50-60% health) into my allies, they would run away. I assume they thought the enemy champion used some charge attack and wasn't being flung by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sona is out now..dunno how much she will be. Thoughts on her?

Every game so far that I used Blitzcrank, I have been rocking it. I wish he wasnt free this week..i dont want anyone else using my Blitz :(

I had to 1v2 my lane cause my teammate disconnected, and I still owned my lane! Grab near tower, rocket punch em up in the air, they are dead :) The other team had a Blitz, but I was destroying him, so then he switched lanes, so I followed him and beat him up there :p Eventually they all focused me almost everytime so that was that.

I am really enjoying: Karthus, Blitz, and Rammus. I havnt used Xin for a while or Kass (who is free for this week), but they are fun too. Blitz and Rammus just dominate if your team has even a little bit of teamwork

[quote name='Morphx2']Sona is out now..dunno how much she will be. Thoughts on her?

Every game so far that I used Blitzcrank, I have been rocking it. I wish he wasnt free this week..i dont want anyone else using my Blitz :(

I had to 1v2 my lane cause my teammate disconnected, and I still owned my lane! Grab near tower, rocket punch em up in the air, they are dead :) The other team had a Blitz, but I was destroying him, so then he switched lanes, so I followed him and beat him up there :p Eventually they all focused me almost everytime so that was that.

I am really enjoying: Karthus, Blitz, and Rammus. I havnt used Xin for a while or Kass (who is free for this week), but they are fun too. Blitz and Rammus just dominate if your team has even a little bit of teamwork[/QUOTE]

I hate Blitz, he destroys my Kat :(
I've been playing Miss Fortune and she's alot of fun. And I've been trying to learn Shen cause every game needs a tank and noone wants to play one. I think Sona is gonna be popular at first, then drop off fast. She sounds like she's all support, and noone likes to play someone who isnt getting all the kills.

[quote name='Waughoo']every game needs a tank and noone wants to play one. I think Sona is gonna be popular at first, then drop off fast. She sounds like she's all support, and noone likes to play someone who isnt getting all the kills.[/QUOTE]

So accurate

Blitz can destroy tons of people with his pull, its fantastic!!

A Ms. Fortune was trying to shoot my dudes from behind trees, so i pulled her right through the forest :)

I usually try using the tanking classes too since no one usually does. Blitz and Rammus :) Amumu i never tried and dont really want to either

[quote name='Waughoo']I hate Blitz, he destroys my Kat :(
And I've been trying to learn Shen cause every game needs a tank and noone wants to play one. I think Sona is gonna be popular at first, then drop off fast. She sounds like she's all support, and noone likes to play someone who isnt getting all the kills.[/QUOTE]

I'm Summoner lvl 12, but what from I've seen it's better to have no tanks or support if you don't have pretty good players and team players.

I just played a game as Blitzcrank, where I pretty much just fed the enemies, since my allies would run away everytime we engaged. I'm too friggin slow to get away once combat starts.

Burst damage and gankers seem to work best at the lower levels.

At low levels, without the runes and masteries, I can see an all carry team not being completely horrible.

But at higher levels, having no tank is a big weakness.

[quote name='wakawakawa']I'm Summoner lvl 12, but what from I've seen it's better to have no tanks or support if you don't have pretty good players and team players.

I just played a game as Blitzcrank, where I pretty much just fed the enemies, since my allies would run away everytime we engaged. I'm too friggin slow to get away once combat starts.

Burst damage and gankers seem to work best at the lower levels.[/QUOTE]

Ya gotta build Blitz good for him to work. Get boots early, but not too early. His W makes him run around fast too :)

Pull, hit e, hit r and they are really hurt

At lower levels you dont really NEED a good team composition since your enemies probably are not going to be coordinating that well (neither is your team for that matter). Most people will just pick whatever character they think is 'fun' and blow all their spells on the first thing they see, then run till everythign is off cooldown. So tanks will never really get chance to play their role. Once you get into higher levels, some characters become completely useless against a coordinated team. My main (Kat) is fun to play, easy to learn, but gets STOMPED by any team who is coordinated enough to save a stun, slow, silence, snare, or anything for Kat because it makes her Ult useless. You have to wait for the enemy to waste all of those types of abilities on your tanks before using the Ult, or you'll just die.

For Blitz tanking is his role, but you can also use him for ganks. Get the hang of his pull, then use it to yank enemies into turrets or a group of your teammates. If you're defending by your base wall you can pull enemies over it so now they are stuck behind your turrets. Same for offense, pull an enemy over their own wall and they suddenly are all alone against your whole team. Bare in mind I never really play Blitz, but these are some of the things I've seen good Blitz players do.

[quote name='Waughoo']At lower levels you dont really NEED a good team composition since your enemies probably are not going to be coordinating that well (neither is your team for that matter). Most people will just pick whatever character they think is 'fun' and blow all their spells on the first thing they see, then run till everythign is off cooldown. So tanks will never really get chance to play their role. Once you get into higher levels, some characters become completely useless against a coordinated team. My main (Kat) is fun to play, easy to learn, but gets STOMPED by any team who is coordinated enough to save a stun, slow, silence, snare, or anything for Kat because it makes her Ult useless. You have to wait for the enemy to waste all of those types of abilities on your tanks before using the Ult, or you'll just die.

For Blitz tanking is his role, but you can also use him for ganks. Get the hang of his pull, then use it to yank enemies into turrets or a group of your teammates. If you're defending by your base wall you can pull enemies over it so now they are stuck behind your turrets. Same for offense, pull an enemy over their own wall and they suddenly are all alone against your whole team. Bare in mind I never really play Blitz, but these are some of the things I've seen good Blitz players do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats how I solo'ed my lane with blitz when my teammate disconnected and never came back. Worked real good :) He even does good damage when I make him more tankie. I think the most fun I had so far was with Rammus though. It was in the early stages of the game and I forget who my teammate was, but he put good pressure and using taunt on the enemy when he tried to burst my lanemate. Saved that person a few times :)

Galio seems neat and I want to try him. Think they will make a new bundle with the new champions since Season 1? I think they are at around 20 now.

[quote name='Morphx2']Galio seems neat and I want to try him. Think they will make a new bundle with the new champions since Season 1? I think they are at around 20 now.[/QUOTE]

Pass on Galio.

bread's done
Back