Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='CappyCobra']TF2's absolutely HORRENDOUS lag aside, The Orange Box was a solid title. I don't see why consoles should be denied especially when you have competent developers coding it (at least on 360. I feel bad for the PS3 users with the sketchy framerate)[/quote]
I don't think console gamers should be denied Valve games, I'm just saying that Valve games are made for PC gamers first, and that people who have a decent gaming rig along with a console should get Valve games for the PC.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, this looks awesome.

360 needs MORE zombie games, I don't care if it's FPS or sandbox Dead Rising types.

Speaking of which, any news on a Dead Rising 2? It must've sold well enough to make a sequel.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']www.joystiq.com/2008/05/05/valve-left4dead-will-come-to-ps3-if-another-dev-wants-to-port-i/[/QUOTE]

Yeah ...

Valve's multiplayer survival-horror romp Left4Dead is due out later this year, but it won't be coming to the PlayStation 3. Said Valve's Doug Lombardi, "We're not PS3 developers -- we're doing PC and 360 like with Orange Box" (Via CVG). He said that Valve would consider a PS3 port if L4D ends up a success and if another dev wanted "to take on that investment and risk" to port the game.

Lombardi explained that the PS3 port of Orange Box came about after Electronic Arts offered to do the port -- and we've all heard the story of that one.

... sounds pretty unlikely to me. I'd expect to see Dead Rising show up on the PS3 before this.

The official box art...i definitely want this in my collection :D

l4dpft360pc2sd4.jpg

The game sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it's worth picking up. I don't really want something that is multiplayer only. I guess we'll see as we get closer to launch. I'm going to have to pick it up for PC however. This just doesn't seem like a 360 sort of game to me.

I'll wait for reviews and HD gameplay videos.

I saw that alot of people actually like the box art for this game, but personally, I think it is poorly done.

love love love the dev walkthrough of this game from E3 this year. This game keeps sounding better and better. Especially the idea that the gameplay is almost completely random (i.e. someone you know may go through Alleyway X with no one there but Alleyway Y has 2-3 zombies, while you could be at the same part on your game and end up fighting a horde of 20 zombies).

I'm just amazed by the level of details, the little things, and the vast number of zombies that continue to pour in from ever door, window, and hole. Can't wait.

Not a big fan of the cover but It's not all about the cover. Gameplay looks like a lot of fun with 4 people, I Can't wait to kill a herd of zombies this November.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I want this so hard. Is there a release date?[/quote]Five days before me and my Brothers' birthday.

[quote name='KiLL3r']Not a big fan of the cover but It's not all about the cover.[/quote]Four. Left 4 dead. Granted, it's totally nasty, but it's a zombie game.

I just hope Valve does not totally abandon this on the 360 like they did Team Fortress 2.
The PC version gets all the updates, and the 360 version gets zilch :censored:

[quote name='guinaevere']

Four. Left 4 dead. Granted, it's totally nasty, but it's a zombie game.[/quote]

But the model is a right hand.

FYI guys, I just received the advanced GS newsletter at my store, and Left 4 Dead is on there. There are offering $5 off w/ reserve of the game, similar to the Orange Box, back when that came out.

Not much of a deal, but it will take care of the tax.

No cutscenes for Left 4 Dead.

Left 4 Dead is very much a zombie apocalypse game, you'll find no deeper meaning here, no Romero-esque political message.

The game opens on the game's four characters at ground zero two weeks after the rise of the zombies. Left 4 Dead will have a short introduction, created by the team behind the Team Fortress 2 cut-scenes, but that will be the only cut scene gamers will see in Left 4 Dead.

Instead the story will be told through the game's more than 8,000 lines of dialog and the occasional messages scrawled on the walls of the game's maps, said Valve's Chet Faliszek.

Link:
http://kotaku.com/5043897/left-4-dead-to-be-cut-scene-free

[quote name='Khondor']I just hope Valve does not totally abandon this on the 360 like they did Team Fortress 2.
The PC version gets all the updates, and the 360 version gets zilch :censored:[/QUOTE]

Blame MS for that, not Valve.

[quote name='Littlefields']No cutscenes for Left 4 Dead.

Link:
http://kotaku.com/5043897/left-4-dead-to-be-cut-scene-free[/QUOTE]

I guess the little cinematics do not count as true cutscenes as I remember them saying that the way the game was made that certain triggers would happen depending on the teams skill level that you may not see if your team is not doing well. I think the example was like a huge gas station explosion if your team was doing really well when you got to that part or if your team was doing poorly, hardly any zombie resistance and no explosion.

Looking at the Dev Walkthrough, I don't like how you can revive your friends and the fact that usable items are highlighted. :/ Anyhow, looks like zombie mod on Counter Strike Source, except x1000 more zombies. Fun fun.

This game looks amazing. Now that valve/MS have restored my faith by working out the
details to get the 360 TF2 updates I will be looking to pick this up on Launch Day.

me too. honestly with this coming so soon, i've already forgotten about playing gow2 multiplayer.. this will be my mp game of choice!

I keep forgetting about this game, with this, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, where the fuck am I going to get all this free time!

Pre-order, done and done. Amazon lists it for $60, but add it to your cart and it goes down to $55, with free shipping. I am totally down for playing with CAGs, otherwise friendly A.I. comes into play.

[quote name='homeland']haven't preordered yet but will at gamestop. curious if it merits a midnight release.[/quote]

I'm guessing not a chance on the midnight release. I'm really looking forward to this game but I hate the timing. I wish it would have came out a month ago or later in the year. They couldv'e been the only new thing in town but now they going nose to nose with CoD5 and Gears 2! I'm still getting it at release just hoping the community will be big which it should with the zombie genre and a new kinda online shooter.

I'm really not expecting COD5 to have the same online base as COD4 but ya this game doesn't seem to be getting the excitement as Gow2

In all honesty I don't know if It's a bad thing that this game isn't getting alot of attention. I hope it is a great game, and sells enough copies to warrant a Left 4 Dead 2, but when games get massive amounts of people that play it, it usually becomes harder and harder to find people that aren't asshats to play with. I can already see morons getting on and just team killing and having to kick them out and start over again. Honestly from the sounds of it, this game is going to be pretty hard, so that usually keeps the turds down to a low population.

[quote name='hx214']In all honesty I don't know if It's a bad thing that this game isn't getting alot of attention. I hope it is a great game, and sells enough copies to warrant a Left 4 Dead 2, but when games get massive amounts of people that play it, it usually becomes harder and harder to find people that aren't asshats to play with. I can already see morons getting on and just team killing and having to kick them out and start over again. Honestly from the sounds of it, this game is going to be pretty hard, so that usually keeps the turds down to a low population.[/quote]

Hence the need for a CAG Left 4 Dead group...but really, games like BioShock and even the Orange Box didn't garner the attention relative to their eventual success. And considering Valve's track record, this game will be every bit as fun as past games. I mean, they crap gold, for chrissakes.

[quote name='homeland']preorder at gamestop and get $5 off like gamestop... $55 not bad.[/quote]

Do you mean amazon?

I'd also be interested in a CAG gaming group. I love zombie movies and games so I'll be getting L4D on day 1.

bread's done
Back